Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 3/20/2011 10:50:00 PM

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! :) I won a box thing of Laura Geller cosmetics, this is amazing stuff.

on 3/18/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I picked up the shade Porcelain in the Balance-n-Brighten foundation. It's for the fairest of complexions. Unfortunately for me, instead of being fair neutral, it's fair leaning pink. So this is perfect if you're a pale girl with pink undertones. However, if you need more neutral or warmer undertones, it'll look a bit off. I'm extremely fair and normally neutral foundation or neutral leaning warm looks best on me. This foundation does do a good job of evening out my skintone, blurring imperfections and brightening my complexion, I just wish it didn't lean pink.

on 3/4/2011 9:59:00 AM

I just tried this in the new Porcelain color, and I don't like this product at all. It felt so dry on my skin, and my skin looked dry and dull and it really accentuated my pores in a very big way. I saw very little coverage.

Also, my skin started to itch and I broke out in hives within a couple of minutes of applying. I am not factoring that into my rating however, as allergic reactions can happen. My poor rating is based solely on the product itself.

on 2/24/2011 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really do like this stuff! I have red, uneven skin...and this covers wonderfully. The only complaint I have is that the shade in Regular, which I got, was too dark. But all that QVC had at the time were two shades, Regular and Tan. They now have two lighter shades available as well now, so I have to go pick one of those up. Love it!

on 1/16/2011 3:38:00 PM

I ordered this off of QVC, and it didn't LOOK that bad, (not half as good as Crystal Facets by Signature Club A) but it felt like a mask. I felt like my skin couldn't breathe. That's just how it effected me, but some people might like it. I sent it right back. Bye Bye...

on 1/8/2011 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I Love all of Laura Geller's products but this is especially amazing. It stays all day, makes my skin look awesome. I immediately received complements after I started using it. I use Loreal's primer underneath and it is the perfect duo!

on 12/29/2010 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whatever this product is supposed to do for me, it doesn't. If it's supposed to be a foundation, it doesn't cover anything. If it's meant to be a translucent powder, it is way too dark. If it's supposed to be a highlighter, it has no shimmer at all. I'm just using it as an eyeshadow primer, but I don't think it's functioning well for this purpose, either. Skip this questionable, perplexing product.

on 12/16/2010 11:27:00 AM

This is a wonderful product. I have tried everything- mineral make-up- Nars, Armani, Smashbox, etc. They are all good products, but Balance and Brighten exceeds them all. Application is effortless, covers beautifully, looks natural and improves the appearance of the skin. I prefer to use Bare Minerals brush,as I find it to apply the product more easily and smoothly. And no mess! Highly recommend.

on 11/6/2010 6:14:00 AM

This powder foundation is lovely on and reminds me of MAC's MSF although I like this better as it is not mineral makeup which means there isn't a sheen. At the same time, it is not totally matte and give depth and actually some brightness to the powder giving it a beautiful glow. I use fair which is ideal for PPP. I think for the price it should at least come with a small kabuki or puff, but it didn't. I did get mine at Ulta not through QVC.

on 10/30/2010 6:22:00 PM

This is my favorite powder. I use this over my sheer or medium coverage foundation. When I first began using this powder I received compliments from relatives about how nice my skin looked.