August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by amak16701

I love this stuff. I didn't think I would be suited to a powder makeup; I've always used liquid, but this really intrigued me, so I bit the bullet and bought it (in Tan). It gives really great coverage, doesn't look cakey, lasts all day, though I'm not super-active--don't know how it would be for a constantly on-the-go/sporty gal. It also makes my skin feel really soft.

I get a lovely sort of soft-focus glow to my face in pictures when I have this on, so it's great to have on-hand if you're going to be somewhere that will have cameras pointed in your direction. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Broke me out!! has talc so beware if your acne-prone

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I just started using it this year(summer) and it really doesn't run off or stain with perspiration. Great product

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

Not a great powder foundation. I got a sample of this in the fair and it was too dark. I am not overly fair but it still didn't look good. I kinda had a gray cast to my face. Not pretty. I will stick with my new BE matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

I purchased this in fair. I am lighter than your average non-tanned caucasian, but not super light. On me, this product provided almost no coverage for small blemishes or slight facial redness, but did color my skin too dark - and with a grayish cast. I think Covergirl's TruBlend powder is a better product, at much lest cost. This is going back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a gift set. The coverage is okay it doesn't cover some of my acne scars but does cover my freckles. It isn't heavy. It really evens out my skin which is impressive. Its really easy to overapply and will look cakey if you do. It lasts all day which I like. I don't have to touch it up or carry it around in my bag. There are oils in this which means I don't stay matte all day.I didn't break out from this. The laura geller brush it came with kinda breaks the powder apart so you get little particles in the packaging. You can just sweep these up with another brush but it is a little annoying. The packaging isn't the best both the powder and plastic break easily. I probably won't buy this again because sephora no longer sells LG.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by JR81

I have this in the fair, and the color is a good match for my skintone. Having said that, I am less than impressed with this one. It does not cover as well as I expected, and it makes my face itch. I think it looks cakey also. I really, really wanted to like this because it seemed like a less messy alternative to minerals to have in my purse, but that is not the case. Giving this away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Love love love this! It is the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have it in Fair because I got it in a kit and they had only Fair available. I'm glad they did because I think Medium/Regular would have been too dark for me. I don't consider myself particularly "fair" but I think I am more pale than I think... lol Anyway... on to the review.

I use a powder brush and lightly spritz some facial spray on the brush and then sweep that over the pan. This alleviates any loose powder flying all ove the place and being wasted. (I read some reviews - I can't remember if it was on here or on qvc.com - that had complaints about the powder being wasted from merely swirling your brush in the pan.)

This powder sort of "melts" into your skin (I use it over either the Pure Luxe eraser primer or the Mally Beauty primer) and leaves a very nice finish. It's not shiny at all - but not flat matte. It's juuuuust riiiight. The coverage is relatively sheer. Sort of "your skin but better." I use a concealer brush and apply to areas that need more coverage.

All in all, I'm really glad I bought this powder. The kit (I can't remember the full name but it was something about brightening) was probably not worth it but this powder is 100%.

My only complaint is that the packaging looks cheap. But that's not a big deal to me. I'm not using this for touchups in public, so I don't care that much.

I wish I had known about this powder and had bought loads when it was on sale at Sephora. Oh well continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kkostera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

offers pretty good coverage but makes me look cakey. Its too bad b/c its very convenient to use . Except the hinge on my compact broke and the clear plastic snapped off too. Maybe i will try it for a finishing powder... not sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in fair & I love it. It brightens my skin and helps to reduce the redness from my rosacea. It's a very sheer foundation, but can be layered for more coverage. It doesn't oxidize on me, but my chin sometimes starts to look a little oily at the end of the day.