April 24, 2014 | 1386 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This moisturising gel is too dry for the winter but it seems good when the right weather comes along.
I'm strictly avoiding dimethicone in cosmetics because I'd like to give my pores a break from that mess. I'm surprised to find dimethicone in Clinique's moisturzing gel but I guess I'll tolerate it well and be able to make an exception.. Just as long as I'm not over loading on dimethicone products and continue to cleanse & exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, no frills moisturizer. I have very dry skin and have used this on its own and also in conjunction with other moisturizers and it has never failed me.

You may be wondering why I would use a moisturizer if I need to use something else too, but I find that I need something lighter and easily absorbed for under makeup or to mix with some of my fuller coverage foundations. This works great for both of these purposes, and, as I said above, on its own too.

The 4.2 oz bottle lasts about 8 months for me with 1-2 uses daily. I use about 3-4 pumps each time. I think this is a decent value. I've used this product for years and while I do have other moisturizers that really help combat my dry skin, I consider this a staple that has been essential to me time and time again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by yunniex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The sales assistant recommended me to get the DDM Gel as I have oily skin. After using Clinique's liquid facial soap (combination oily) and the clarifying lotion #3, I squeeze out four tiny dots of DDMG and spread the product on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.

After 4 months:
1. My skin, particularly at the t-zone area, still turns into a massive oily mess after 3-4 hours of the DDMG application.

Note: when I first started using it, my skin took about 8 hours for the oily shine to show. Perhaps my skin has gotten 'used' to the DDMG?

2. In terms of moisturizing my skin, this does a poor job to my skin! I'm still getting comments from my facialist that my skin is extremely dehydrated.
3. No visible improvement in my skin texture, acne scars and uneven skintone.

I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im only giving this a four star because it doesnt do what it says entirely.
first of all, i have oily tzone with normal to dry cheeks and chin. This product definitely controls oil. it is not strong, very gentle and nice light scented. I LOVE how it controls and kind of neutralizes your skin, instead of taking away all the oil. however, it does absolutely nothing to the rest of my skin, my dry patches are still there, my normal skin is just normal..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by emgb

Another dud which makes me sad. :( The gel formula is very nice and it absorbed easily and hydrated my skin well. It was also great under my makeup but then, clogging and breakout mania. The worst move on my part is that I did patch-test on the side and back of my neck for about a week and got acne, but still risked it and tried using it on my face. I was asking for it, I guess. Still then, I recommend if you're acne-prone to do that first and decide whether or not to take the chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! I prefer this than the 'lotion' as I have oily acne prone skin. This has a gel like consistency and it is absorbed in the skin fairly quick. It is non greasy and oil free. Makes my skin feel soft and didn't cause me any breakouts. The packaging is excellent I got the the bigger size with the pump. The only downside of this product is that it may not be moisturising enough if used during the winter months or if you use anti-acne topicals. But other than that, it's a really good moisturiser as it does not have a greasy or sticky feel to it. Will be repurchasing and I recommend it for people with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is amazeballs. No hassle or frills about it-it just works! It indeed has a gel-like consistency which feels very invigorating when applied to the skin. It takes a relatively short time(several minutes) to absorb into the skin(Even P-Ville's beloved cerave takes a good 20 min to absorb). For the people angry because it 'left a film' on their faces- you need to wait out the first min or two and just let it absorb- don't add anything to your skin during that time. Granted it's a bit pricey but you get a lot of product for your money. I have combo skin which is slightly oily in the T-Zone, but normal-dry in the cheek and forehead area, and this worked miracles on me. Once it absorbed, it felt just like my skin, and that essentially is it's purpose- to replenish the skin with moisture after it has been cleansed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jschung

I've been using this product for about 3-4 years! It was never a HG but because I could never find anything else that was better, I just kept rebuying it. It kinda left my skin greasy/oily, even though ti was the gel. And the whole no SPF thing was a bummer. I finally found my HG moisturizer from Adrien Arpel for the daytime but I still use this at night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

At first I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS PRODUCT! This was my favorite moisturizer by day 3 and I swore I wouldn't change it at all. It really kept my face matte all day long. I didn't feel any grease or oily skin that I usually would feel at all.

Only problem is it broke me out real bad. I know it was this forsure because I stopped taking almost everything else besides my cleanser and it was most definitely from this product.

I highly recommend if you don't have any acne troubles :( I wish I could take!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ythe

I've tried many times to like this product but I just don't. It doesn't glid on at all and it does little of anything. It always comes as a frebie gift with purchase. The lady at the counter told me to use it to enhance other moisturizers I use. Why? My other moisturizers have everything in them already. I wouldn't recommend this product. I throw it away when it comes as a gift.