December 22, 2014 | 1155 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good, lightweight moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin. It did not break me out, it just lightly hydrated my dehydrated skin. It's a very simple moisturizer that's perfect for sensitive/finicky skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this on my combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin for about 9 years. although I've tried other brands (estee lauder, body shop, avene, etc) I continuously return to this.

- the lightweight gel is fast absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, not shiny

- this oil-free formulation acts as a good "primer" before makeup

- suitable for all skin types and age ranges (started using it at 18, still using it at 27, my mom who's 65 have also used it for the past 10 years, after switching from DDML)
- soothes my sometimes tight, sensitive, irritated skin

- a good "carrier" for other treatments, ointments or serums e.g. if my skin is quite acne prone, i'll mix in 2 drops of tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide. if my skin is dry, i'll mix in 2 drops of vit e oil. if my skin is lackluster, i'll mix in a pump of vit c serum. just mix it on the back of my hand and apply as usual. the effects are awesome!

I would be bitterly upset if Clinique stopped producing this. its really good. definitely worth a try if you can get a sample or small tube.

side note - I've struggled with cystic acne in my teens and Clinique's 3 step system has really helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one product from Clinique I have purchased over and over again. It provides gentle hydration for my combo skin, without being greasy or heavy. It also acts as a good primer for my foundations. I have used various hydraters and moisturizers from other lines that are geared to combo skin types and I always come back to this product. I hope Clinique doesn't change the product formulation or discontinue this fantastic lightweight moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I got it as a sample and used it all and it's one of the better moisturizer I've used.
I love that it doesn't leave your skin oily, and it just makes it really soft and clear.

I just ordered some off of Ulta. I will update at it goes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this gel, but I don't think I'd buy it again. It softens the skin, but I don't think it's "feeding" my skin. I think it's just a very basic moisturizer for oily skin (which I have), but I think I'm going to stick with my "natural" products like Dr. Hauschka, Rosa Y Frutta, Alba Botanica, and Geremy Rose.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Oohkodachrome

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this since I am a huge Clinique fan but this product just didn't do it for me. I have combination skin (oily t-zone; dry cheeks) and this did nothing! It made my t-zone 10x more oily! Very greasy feeling. Too bad because I liked how it felt on my cheeks (leaves them soft) but terrible on my t-zone and this was only putting the minimum on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is WAY to expensive for the poor moisturizing job it does. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't even feel this stuff on my skin. It just melts away when you put it on and you aren't even left with moisturized skin. My skin felt tight and dry after putting this on. Maybe I was just too sparing with it b/c I didn't want to waste my money away so quickly by using a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ok moisturiser, calms my skin after too much BP. lasts ages. nothing special but ok!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After having gone through a smaller tube of this stuff and purchasing a larger bottle, I feel it's time I can review it. For reference, I have ridiculously oily skin even in dry climates, but I rarely have acne problems that are not related to stress or hormones. I use Cetaphil's oily skin cleanser every morning, occasionally at night, and every two-three days, I use Aztec Healing Clay mask. After each I use this moisturiser. (After the mask I tend to use a bit more of it.)

The DDMG is hydrating without becoming greasy or oily. It feels good on my face and settles in fairly quickly, within a minute or so depending on how much I've put on and how vigorously I'm massaging it in. With other moisturisers I would sometimes get small dry patches on my cheeks and the tip of my nose and need more product, but I do not get those after applying this. I do not feel that this moisturiser advertises or has mattifying properties, which is fine. It does not make me break out or make my natural ruddiness any worse.

I didn't expect much from this moisturiser but it did surprise me, which is why I've purchased a full size bottle. Several other expensive brands have required me to use more product for those little dry flaky patches that cropped up, but not this one. I have not tried the regular DDM or the + one as they were not advertised for my skin type and the last thing I need is to blow money on stuff that makes my oil production worse. I will likely repurchase again unless I get a sample of something that does with this does, AND helps my oiliness!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

To me, the consistency and feel of this is not much different than Clinique DDML in lotion form. This has a slight scent to it (minty....medicine-like). Apparently, it is for extra-oily skin instead of drier (older) skin. For me, it is just ok, but not fantastic. I prefer just the regular DDML lotion.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No