April 19, 2014 | 1265 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

This mousse foundation is a great choice as it goes on so matte and no powder is needed. the coverage is build-able but one coat is medium coverage. The colors are surprisingly neutral. One hint is that this is a great eye-shadow primer. I use the lightest one on its own for an ivory shadow or as a primer. The advantage of using this for a primer is that first it is cheap for a big jar and unlike other primers it comes off easily. In the summer I use 2 shades darker than my skin to give me a bit of a tan color. anyway it think this is a miracle product and the liquid version is sublime and is up there with Lancome and the like. There is no need to buy department store foundations anymore girls. Save your money for Shoes.....

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted this foundation to work out...I really did. It comes in a cute little jar, and it's fun to put on. It has this cool fluffy texture that evens out to a matte powdery finish when you apply it.

The powdery finish is nice, but it highlights any blemishes or flakes on your skin, and I would not recommend it if you have any fine lines because it tends to collect in them. The mousse kind of "sits" on top your skin, and never really sinks in. As the day goes on, it mixes with the oils in your skin and makes a greasy mess. It transfers onto anything your face touches (makes for a messy cell phone screen!).

It slid off of my T-zone leaving it bare so the red discoloration showed. And it clung to my cheeks and looked oily and gross. I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face!

I've tried it several times with primers and powders, but it's just not designed for really oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lilkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised I like this so much, actually. I find it easy to apply, and the shade (005) suits my skin really well. Wears well, and doesn't oxidize (a huge problem for me with liquid foundations). Nice coverage: medium. It does tend to cling to dry patches (which is why it gets 4 lippies instead of 5). Doesn't break me out. As good as, or better, than any HE products I've used

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Sparky267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this foundation was 'OK'. I got the shade light porcelain 004 which was a good match but a bit too light (the darker shades were too dark). I have oily skin so thought it would be good to keep me matte. However, it just started to completely dry out my face and it was going all flaky and didnt look healthy when I put the foundation on. It also looked a bit cakey and you could definitely tell I had it on. I did like the coverage as it was medium - full on my skin and doubled as my concealer at the time. I stopped using this because I went to put it on I twisted the lid off and it fell to pieces on the floor! The glass just broke! I don't think it was very strong because I had never dropped it so dont know what happened. Wouldn't repurchase because too drying and bad for skin. Think it have me more breakouts

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hairjunkie99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a little nervous about liquid foundation, which is why I have been using this semi-liquid foundation for the past year or so. My skin is not too awful however I do need some cover up for my nose and redness in general. This is a good foundation to use with a primer (I use a moisturiser instead) because it covers redness and has a nice selection of colours to match your skin tone. I use the shade Cameo. The coverage is pretty good, but a pressed powder is essential afterwards to set the foundation and even it out. I apply with my fingers but it would probably be easier with a make up sponge. This foundation would be pretty awful for dry skin, and because I have combination, half of it looks good and half looks too powdery and dry! I would definitely recommend to those with oily skin, but I think I am going to need to venture into the liquid foundation world.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by emilymcpk

This is an amazing full coverage foundation. I use a the maybelline BB cream as my base, apply this using my fingers... And it just feels amazing! It covers so well I don't need a concealer and its light as air! And the pricing is an extremely great deal $7 at Walmart that's great, in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. Those who have dry skin should check out dream smooth mousse. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Taylorreneecc

I see a lot of negative feedback on this product, but I think it just really isn't meant for everybody. I love this and have made it my go-to several times over the last 5 or so years. I have combination skin and substantial acne scarring and this covers beautifully.
I apply a thin layer of moisturizer and apply the foundation with my fingertips and the result is beautiful, matte, and full coverage. I have very fair, yellow-toned skin, and I find Light 2 or Light 4 to work great for me, depending on the time of year. It looks intimidatingly dark in the jar, but once blended out it settles much, much lighter than it appears to be. I'm very pleased with the flawless finish. I do set it with Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent (001) and it lasts from 9am to about 9pm. I'm a busy mom so staying power is inportant to me. Overall, I can understand why it isn't right for those with very dry or very pink skin, but for myself and many others, it works fabulously. I'll always buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Littleprincess277

I have no Idea why this has soo meny bad reviews! I have a bad case of forehead acne (it's mostly scaring) I needed a foundation that did good coverage, let my skin breathe I and I found it I got the shade 005. I love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this foundation since 2007, so perhaps the formulation is different but NEVER EVER again will I try this product.

At first this was instant love for me. When I put this one, my oily, acne prone, hyperpigmentation scarred skin looked FLAWLESS! I never had such a good coverage from a foundation, it was beautiful-- it smoothed my skin over, decreased oil.. I could not have asked for more.

A few weeks into using this product, I developed the worst acne I ever had in my life. It didn't cause tiny pimples, it caused giant, painful cystic acne that was deep beneath the skin.

I am prone to hormonal acne, but would only get it along the jawline. I never had acne on my cheeks.. my forehead...

This foundation caused an acne flare-up everywhere. It looked horrendous.

This is the ingredients list:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilesesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica.

Again, I don't know if this is the same formulation as what it was 5 years ago. To this day I can't honestly say I know what caused such a reaction, but in my life I never had a worse acne flare up.

never again... never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was recommended to me by one of the nice girls at my local drugstore. But I have to say it was pretty awful. It didn't blend well, looked quite cakey, the coverage wasn't very good and it looked a little too oily. Also, I bought the lightest shade and it was still to dark for me. Yes I'm very fair skinned, but i'm not albino. I've never had that problem before with any other foundation.