August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this foundation a few times. Can safely say it's the worst foundation I have ever used. Clumpy, cakey, makes your skin look WORSE, because all it brings is dullness. Horrible texture to apply too. It's not like a mousse, it's like applying powdery dryness! Any lump or imperfection you have on your face will be accentuated by this instead of hidden. Don't buy! I have tried LOADS of foundations and this is definitely the worst.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Carla3004

So having the light skin I have, I was forced to buy this foundation in the lightest shade available. The colour matched my skin perfectly, which is rare for me, which is why am so disappointed to say that this is possibly the worst foundation I have ever used. Applying the foundation is an absolute nightmare and the foundation sticks to any dry patches of skin I have. Having said that I quite like the way it makes my skin look, at least if you don't look too close, it gives my skin a flawless appearance. The foundation also causes my normally clear complexion to break out and it feels as though I am wearing a mask. I do have some dry patches on my face that I cannot seem to get rid of despite all my efforts with moisturizing and exfoliating and this product just seems to make my skin even more dry. The packaging isn't the best, but it is handy if you want to go traveling. Overall I did personally not like this product, but think it might suit people with no dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I WORSHIP THE GROUND THAT AWAITS THIS FOUNDATIONS GRAVE.
IT'S PRODUCTS LIKE THIS THAT MAKE ME WISH THERE WAS A "HECK NO I WILL NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN FOR AS LONG AS I EXIST" BUTTON.

Let me list for you the ways in which this foundation is the worst thing that has ever walked into my makeup bag:

*The packaging. Just inconvenient all around. I feel like the sponge harbors bacteria, and it's the devil to clean. I just don't use it.
*Oxidizes like crazy. Made my skin a beautiful shade of burnt orange. Absolutely delightful.
*This product broke me out worse than any other foundation I have ever tried. I had CRAKEN sized spots people. It wasn't pretty.
*Coverage is awful. Not only did it cause blemishes to appear on my face, it couldn't even cover up said blemishes. RUBBISH.

I will give this product one thing though-it feels pretty nice on the skin. It's like....it's like a Snuggie. It feels nice, but you look like an idiot. That is this foundation in a nutshell.

This foundation is basically the spawn of Satan himself.
I do not recommend this product.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by iceskater719

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought so many different colors of this because i loved it! i had some acne but not a lot. this sort of irritated my skin. i realized htis is what was breaking me out. i really wished that this worked well for my skin because i absolutely love the way this looks and i love how it keeps me matte. this has awesome oil control and looks great on my skin. i applies it with a beauty blender and it works so well! but i wish it didnt break me out........

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a couple of years now, and I do love it. I wear it alone, under powder, or liquid foundation as a base and as a concealer (since they discontinued the concealer version of this product). It's easy to blend with my fingers since it comes in a little glass jar. However, once the jar starts to get empty the product becomes dry and can be hard to get out of the package without having it ball up. I try to only buy this foundation when it's on sale since it is on the pricier side for the amount of product you get.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have ever had on my face! It cakes, chalks up, accentuates lines, pores and any lumps or bumps left by spots. It covers, that's the only nice thing I can say about it. But.. Urgh, it's horrible stuff. The consistency is that of mousse. That does nothing, doesn't make it lighter or cake any less. In fact, i'm sure that feature makes it worse. Yuk.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this foundation as a spot corrector because I love the matte effect and the coverage but all over, the color isn't quite right. I got a pretty good match to my skin tone and if I use it just to cover my acne scars on my right cheek and blend it out, it looks good. I prefer to use this instead of a concealer because I really like the product but not for my whole face. My skin near my jaw is drier than my cheeks and this foundation sucks up any moisture in my skin and I end up flaky. This foundation is not for dry skin, it just dried me out more, even with my favorite moisturizer. The price is good and it was worth a try, it's still good as a matte spot corrector but not as a whole face foundation for my dry skin. The color was also a little orange, I think I got natural beige and even after blending it's not too dark but it's not the right tone, once again: good for small areas of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for about four months until I tried Revlon ColorStay and I would never go back to it. The price, texture, application, and matte finish are all nice. However, it doesn't even last five hours without melting off and my skin is not extremely oily. Also, when you get to the bottom of the jar it starts to ball up into little pieces and get weird. Big disappointment. I would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

This product is good for summer but somewhat sketchy for winter. It is designed for those with oily skin and works well that way. However, in the winter when my skin is drier it is a pain to use. I recommend putting it on immediately after moisturiser. Also, the shades are a little too dark in my opinion. That combined with the resistance to blending makes this product not user friendly in my opinion. All that being said, this is the only foundation that has kept me matt for most of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by diamandaxoxo

i actually think this is the worst foundation i have ever tried from the drugstore. i have normal to dry skin and this clinges to the dry patches and makes me look flaky. it also oxidices like no other and gets patchy over time. i wouldn't recommend buying this, there is better foundations in the drugstore for even less money.