July 22, 2014 | 2051 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by diamandaxoxo

i actually think this is the worst foundation i have ever tried from the drugstore. i have normal to dry skin and this clinges to the dry patches and makes me look flaky. it also oxidices like no other and gets patchy over time. i wouldn't recommend buying this, there is better foundations in the drugstore for even less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by mimisamxx

When i first bought this i loved it- the mouse was so easy so apply, spread, and made my face look like it was smooth. But then in the light, it only evidently clogged up my pores and made my skin look really cakey and flakey, with and without powder. A primer did help,but only a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tdmoore2r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Cargo powder foundation, which I love for regular use, but I like this Matte Finish for a total coverage look without the shiny feel like other liquid foundations. I was going to try Nars which I've heard good things about, but that's $44 compared to the $9 for this. I don't wear makeup often because for me it's too much work and my shade is so weird that most colors are off. This matched perfectly. I used a spongey thing to put it on and I used very little.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by keelysimpkin

Okay so let's get things straight; I do not like nor dislike this foundation.

Does this foundation look good on it's own/with a powder? No.
Does this foundation look good as a secondary base over a higher brand foundation? Yes.

I use this for nights out as a little 'life-line' over the top of my Clarins Everlasting Foundation. I first moisturise, then apply then Clarins, then this mousse and finally set it with a powder. I only use this to add a little extra coverage as a 'just in case' for when I'm out dancing or getting sweaty at a gig. However, as a foundation on it's own it appears rather cakey and patchy. I would only recommend for when you want a bit more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cupcake8513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely loveeeee this foundation! I love how my skin looks wearing this. I know people say they dont get alot of coverage but i think it depends on how you apply. I use a flat foundation brush and stipple the foundation on then rub it in with the brush in a circular motion.. works great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this foundation and felt like it really evened out my skin tone and gave good coverage. I didn't like that there was no applicator and it broke me out damnit!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing many raves about this foundation I had to try it for myself. Now I usually don't buy drugstore foundation because I generally don't buy any foundation that hasn't been tested and tried out on my skin, so I wasn't too sure about which color to choose.

I picked #3 Natural Ivory, which ended up being a touch too dark, but blended well enough w the aid of my SK Foundation brush (love this) to make it not so noticeable.

While I like it's light-weight feel and the fact that it doesn't need to be set nor touched up with powder (as it stays matte all day on me), I find it highlights both my pores and dry areas on my cheeks. Quite honestly I don't know who this foundation could work for other than someone with small pores and oily skin, which I'm sure is quite rare.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. By far the worst foundation I have ever used. It clings to every dry patch, but still manages to make anyone look extremely oily, while still emphasizing the dryness. Truly terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to find good coverage with a great matte finish. I got neither.

It looked cakey and I just felt gross and oily and it pretty much melted off my face. I got a pimple after using this but I'm not sure if this product is to blame. I trashed this stuff quick

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had great hopes for this foundation. I opened the package and was a little unnerved by the dark color (I bought the lightest). After smoothing on, the foundation looked masklike, but after a few minutes turned into a more natural look.

My face is very oily and within 2 hours, the foundation had settled into my pores and by lunchtime, it had separated into something unrecognizeable as foundation. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone with very oily skin (which my skin is fairly normal)