July 28, 2014 | 1835 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by iceskater719

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought so many different colors of this because i loved it! i had some acne but not a lot. this sort of irritated my skin. i realized htis is what was breaking me out. i really wished that this worked well for my skin because i absolutely love the way this looks and i love how it keeps me matte. this has awesome oil control and looks great on my skin. i applies it with a beauty blender and it works so well! but i wish it didnt break me out........

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a couple of years now, and I do love it. I wear it alone, under powder, or liquid foundation as a base and as a concealer (since they discontinued the concealer version of this product). It's easy to blend with my fingers since it comes in a little glass jar. However, once the jar starts to get empty the product becomes dry and can be hard to get out of the package without having it ball up. I try to only buy this foundation when it's on sale since it is on the pricier side for the amount of product you get.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have ever had on my face! It cakes, chalks up, accentuates lines, pores and any lumps or bumps left by spots. It covers, that's the only nice thing I can say about it. But.. Urgh, it's horrible stuff. The consistency is that of mousse. That does nothing, doesn't make it lighter or cake any less. In fact, i'm sure that feature makes it worse. Yuk.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this foundation as a spot corrector because I love the matte effect and the coverage but all over, the color isn't quite right. I got a pretty good match to my skin tone and if I use it just to cover my acne scars on my right cheek and blend it out, it looks good. I prefer to use this instead of a concealer because I really like the product but not for my whole face. My skin near my jaw is drier than my cheeks and this foundation sucks up any moisture in my skin and I end up flaky. This foundation is not for dry skin, it just dried me out more, even with my favorite moisturizer. The price is good and it was worth a try, it's still good as a matte spot corrector but not as a whole face foundation for my dry skin. The color was also a little orange, I think I got natural beige and even after blending it's not too dark but it's not the right tone, once again: good for small areas of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for about four months until I tried Revlon ColorStay and I would never go back to it. The price, texture, application, and matte finish are all nice. However, it doesn't even last five hours without melting off and my skin is not extremely oily. Also, when you get to the bottom of the jar it starts to ball up into little pieces and get weird. Big disappointment. I would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

This product is good for summer but somewhat sketchy for winter. It is designed for those with oily skin and works well that way. However, in the winter when my skin is drier it is a pain to use. I recommend putting it on immediately after moisturiser. Also, the shades are a little too dark in my opinion. That combined with the resistance to blending makes this product not user friendly in my opinion. All that being said, this is the only foundation that has kept me matt for most of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by diamandaxoxo

i actually think this is the worst foundation i have ever tried from the drugstore. i have normal to dry skin and this clinges to the dry patches and makes me look flaky. it also oxidices like no other and gets patchy over time. i wouldn't recommend buying this, there is better foundations in the drugstore for even less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by mimisamxx

When i first bought this i loved it- the mouse was so easy so apply, spread, and made my face look like it was smooth. But then in the light, it only evidently clogged up my pores and made my skin look really cakey and flakey, with and without powder. A primer did help,but only a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tdmoore2r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Cargo powder foundation, which I love for regular use, but I like this Matte Finish for a total coverage look without the shiny feel like other liquid foundations. I was going to try Nars which I've heard good things about, but that's $44 compared to the $9 for this. I don't wear makeup often because for me it's too much work and my shade is so weird that most colors are off. This matched perfectly. I used a spongey thing to put it on and I used very little.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by keelysimpkin

Okay so let's get things straight; I do not like nor dislike this foundation.

Does this foundation look good on it's own/with a powder? No.
Does this foundation look good as a secondary base over a higher brand foundation? Yes.

I use this for nights out as a little 'life-line' over the top of my Clarins Everlasting Foundation. I first moisturise, then apply then Clarins, then this mousse and finally set it with a powder. I only use this to add a little extra coverage as a 'just in case' for when I'm out dancing or getting sweaty at a gig. However, as a foundation on it's own it appears rather cakey and patchy. I would only recommend for when you want a bit more coverage.