August 20, 2014 | 2044 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by princessreena

MUST moisturize before applying or else it sticks to dry patches on your skin and sticks out very badly. But when applied with care and technique, this product does a really great job with coverage. Sometimes, it does TOO good of a job, and ends up looking either too light despite being the correct color for your skin, or looking cakey (yikes!). Also, it is prone to rubbing off on clothes if you don't set it well with powder. I also find that it can leave my face looking very flat and lifeless, but I guess that's the "matte" effect and it is nothing that a little bit of blush or highlighter can't fix. The packaging is a cute little glass jar that doesn't break no matter how many times you drop it on your bathroom floor while in a rush in the morning. It is also a pretty good price for what a good job it does with covering blemishes and it seems to never run out. I just apply it with my fingers and set it with translucent powder. Although I don't run out like a madwoman and re-buy this foundation the minute it runs out, I always end up coming back to it even if that means I try a liquid foundation in between. I usually end up throwing out the liquid foundation after a few uses and going back to my trusted Dream Matte Mousse.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Average. Not for me as my skin is normal verging on the dry side and it showed up any dryer patches. For oily skins it'd be great though. Coverage isn't the best either. I'd prefer a liquid foundation any day

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by NewYorkMakeup

This is my first review over any product. I am a product review fanatic. Any time I think about buying something, or anyone else is thinking about buying something, they always know to come to me for the best reviews. I have used so many different foundations from high end to drugstore. I've used mac, revlon, loreal, covergirl, etc. this is the best foundation, fantastic coverage, I have purchase jar after jar after jar because every time I try new products, I always go back to this. I always get compliments even after being at work for hours, (fast food- so with any other foundation it would look oily,) i don't even have to touch up with this foundation. Full coverage, very buildable and blendable, and for a pale girl, buying in the lightest shade is a great match! Completely covers pores, even flawless finish. Doesn't fill in creases or get cakey around my nose like some foundation. First mouse foundation and certainly the best. It literally is my holy grail!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by starlakay

I like this make up so far it makes my skin really soft. but it does leave my skin looking flaky if I don't moisturize first. I would recommend to someone in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by laurenoquinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an on again off again relationship with this foundation. The coverage is amazing! I would avoid it like the plague in summertime because it can feel heavy and slick if not applied or set well with powder. For dry skin in cooler weather this is a good one! Skin appears flawless when the product is applied carefully and with caution.

It can be difficult removing this mousse from the jar when it gets near empty, but the fact that it's even seen empty is a miracle! I often toss products long before finishing them.

I'll likely be picking up another one of these in the near future...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AnnieBain

I use to use Avon foundation light beige. I loved it but it seemed to be a little pale on my after summer. Also my skin got darker from sun tanning. So when I went to Oregon I looked around the Kmart makeup department and seeing endless commercials and drooling over one of their models skin (Emily) I decided to try this foundation (nude light4) IT IS AMAZING! Like magic in a little glass bottle cup thing lol. It blends so well and practically melts into your skin. I tried a brush at first but its better to use your fingers if they're clean of course. It matches my skin so well! I love it. I would recommend it to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

Myehhhh. Not an everyday foundation for me. My skin changes drastically all the time, both color and type. I wear MAC NC20 and I have the shade Nude- it pulls a little orange but it's not unbearable. I use it for theatre and when the boys go shopping for makeup, I recommend this because it's generally inexpensive and matte with low SPF which are basically the requirements for what I prefer to use for stage. Would not repurchase, but it's okay. The formula is not too fussy. I use my ELF Studio Powder Brush (a flat top Kabuki) to apply and blend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Nadiapi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As someone with pale skin, I used the lightest shade and it was still very orange on me. Packaging is unhygienic as you have to keep putting your brush into the formula and spreading germs each time. Looked good in darker light so would be good for evening events. Although full coverage, mid way through the day it made my skin flake and appear more red then it was before applied. When applied around eyes could easily see lines within around two hours. Would buy again if on sale or if I couldn't find another.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

This made my face look nasty and really dry. Average coverage, but I got a light shade and it made made me look orange so I can't use this on it's own. It is way to heavy for just one foundation so I sometimes use it for touch ups on blemishes as if it's a concealer XD

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Queenjudge

I was shown this product by a friend who talked about it to me a lot, so intrigued I went and purchased it myself. I can't say I'm disappointed as it is weightless and feels like I am not wearing any foundation (compared to my previous foundation of Match Perfect by Rimmel London?) Also it doesn't leave your face shinny so you can get away with wearing no powder. However, having dry skin the product does stick to the area which are dry but it is nothing that moisturising can't fix: ever since the one awful day it seems to be getting better. Overall a good buy.