Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 5/15/2008 7:55:00 AM

I'm not generally a huge fan of oils - they never seem to absorb properly into my skin and I end up leaving greasy marks all over the place. But, I decided to try this oil to treat my dry cuticles as I had heard so many good things about it. It is honestly not a bad product, but I personally find Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil to be superior. I find Solar Oil to be quite runny and not as fast-absorbing as I expected (though it is a lot faster than many other oils out there). I also haven't found that it makes a huge difference to hydrating my cuticles; it is about the same as if I was just using a hand cream. I also found that the oil ran down the bottle neck through use, making the bottle itself greasy and causing the labels stuck on it to peel. I do love the scent of it though - a gorgeous foody almond fragrance. I probably won't be repurchasing, i think I will stick with Essie's oil.

on 5/6/2008 10:38:00 PM

Well I've always had thin, peely nails. I won't say this is a miracle worker, but it's better than most other. i hate how greasy/drippy it is. but it does reduce the peeling/ dryness of my nails. still looking for something better, but for now it works pretty well. nice smell, as well

on 5/4/2008 8:55:00 AM

Having tried many nail oils I have to say that this is my HG. It always makes my natural nails look healthy and it also makes them stronger and is great for moisturising my cuticles. I also really like the smell! Will be repurchasing soon as I have almost run out and could not bear to be without it!

on 4/26/2008 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE my Solar Oil!

It definitely keeps my natural nails & cuticles moisturised, strong and growing fast. It smells great (a subtle almond scent) & absorbs quickly.

It also helps dry nail polish! A minute or so after you put your top coat on just brush the Solar Oil on & rub in gently.

I also use a drop on the backs of my hands every now and again to keep them smooth.

You need to make sure you use it at least once every day (two or three times is best). I've forgotten to use it for a week or so in the past and my nails started peeling and breaking as usual so I know it works!

I keep a 5ml bottle in my work drawer, a 68ml bottle next to the home computer & the Solar Balm version in my handbag. I've bought the 118ml re-filler bottle too so I'm stocked up for a while :)

on 3/29/2008 7:57:00 AM

Have been using this for two weeks since I had my fake nails taken off. Works very well and my nails/cuticles look fine. I work with paper all day so my hands & nails get REALLY dry.
I massage it into my cuticle area after I take a shower, but before I slather on my daily dose of Cetaphil cream. Remains to be seen if it REALLY affects the long-term strength of my very thin natural nails. Will buy ay Sally's next time as it is ridiculously expensive at the salons.

on 3/9/2008 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

moisturises my dry cuticles. i usually just swipe across my freshly painted nails which keeps my nails and cuticles look good. i like the almond smell too!

on 1/26/2008 3:41:00 PM

It's not perfect but it's the best I've found so far. You must apply it constantly to see results and still, during very cold weather, a slathering of heavy hand cream and gloves are really the only thing that helps my nails and dry skin. But...and this is major for me...the oil really helps my nails right before I apply nail polish. I soak them in the oil for a good 15 minutes, wipe off any residue (by that time most of it has absorbed) and press on with mani/pedi. I get a nice smooth application and good wear. I don't like the tiny brush applicator but, as I said, I've not found anything better. So far.

on 1/15/2008 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Glad I didn't pay the full prize. This one is an ok moisturizer for nails, but my dry and bleeding cuticles aren't that impressed. I use this 2-3 times daily, and no change has happened after a week. I apply it every night, and in the morning cuticles look great, but after the splash of water, they appear really dry again.
The fact that this so messy is also a big minus. It's difficult to use this during the day because afterwards every paper and thing I touch is oiled.
Sweet almond has never been my favourite scent so this one doesn't make me happy in that area either. Guess this could work better if I wouldn't have such dry hands =(

I love thie product! I use it on all my friends and even my fiance. I paid $5 for my Sally Beauty Supply card and I get about half off each bottle. Which is well worth it. and I will likely invest in the extra large bottle for use at home as I keep my 1/2 oz bottle in my purse. It has a pleasant smell and absorbs quickly. I also use it on my toes. Before I discovered this product I used vitiamin E oil. Which worked well but was a little tacky. I will continue to recomend this product.

on 1/1/2008 12:04:00 PM

I thought this was going to be a miracle product but I can't tell that it's helping at all w/the dryness around my nail bed. I have tried applying 3 x's daily and still it's having no effect. I wish I'd bought from a store w/a good return policy because I would take it right back!

Popular Treatments