April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this was going to be a miracle product but I can't tell that it's helping at all w/the dryness around my nail bed. I have tried applying 3 x's daily and still it's having no effect. I wish I'd bought from a store w/a good return policy because I would take it right back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product! As has been said before--brush it on, rub it in while you watch tv, and poof! healthy, moisturized nails and cuticles. This (along with getting enough water and taking my vitamins) has been the reason why I, a reformed hand/nail picker, has been able to keep her hands pretty. So why just 4 out of 5 lipsticks? The price! IknowIknowIknow, convenience...but $7 for .5oz of a few oils I could probably buy full sized bottles of for $10? I'll do that when my bottle runs out, and just refill.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LaDormeuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far one of the best nail treatments I've ever used! I tend to have very dry cuticles and Solar Oil keeps them moisturized and looking beautiful. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal and this gives immediate, long-lasting results. I apply it every morning on my way out the door and by the time I get to my car it has absorbed and my nails look flawless. During dry, winter months I apply a little between my fingers to stave off (or reverse) dry skin. And I love the almond scent - very natural and not overpowering. Highly recommended! Anyone and everyone can benefit from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by debbism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, another product that I love, love, love.

I was first introduced to this when I was training to be a nail tech. It was in our student kits. The smell got me hooked right away and really conditioned the cuticles well and didn't feel too greasy as it soaked in fast.

Of course I have tried others BUT I always come back to Solar Oil. One of the other things I loved was the bottle which has a flat side so you can tip it and use one hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 More reviews by thiicknseskii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this stuff its helped my cuticles ALOT i even use it as a eye cream. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Bratt_the_Catt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff. I'm a picker, so if there is any roughness or unevenness on my hands, off it goes! It doesn't soak in fast enough for daytime and leaves my fingers feeling a bit too oily to act normally so I use this at night before sleep and it takes care of about 90% of the dryness or cuticles that have been picked the day before. I am not fond of the larger sized bottle, because it seems to leak a bit, but the smaller size is perfect. The smell is fairly strong, so what I usually do is purchase the large bottle, and divide it in half. I add jojoba, rice bran and a tiny bit of EVOO to both halves and it lessens the scent. I use this every night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by terryanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have soft nails that bend in the summer and split in the winter. I always have hangnails and ugly dry skin tissue making them look worse.

Solar Oil is the best I have found for what I need. It absorbs easily, is not greasy, despite being an oil, and makes a big and immediate difference in the appearance of my nails. It prevents cracking and splitting and lessens the appearance of the cracks, splits, and hangnails.

Most effective when used at night with cotton mitts. I wake up with the softest, neatest, and healthiest looking nails.

BTW, the almond like scent is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 3:27:00 AM More reviews by impishnature

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahh...the lazy girl's happiness. I have normal nails, no real issues unless I pick the sides like a freak. Cuticles are normal, they don't overtake my nail, but they do get dry (and therefore attractive to me playing with them) during some months. Slap this on with the easy nail polish brush, rub it in absentmindedly while I'm doing something else and enjoy the gentle almond smell...the cuticles are softer and less likely to draw my attention.

Burt's Bees, etailer cuticle creams, etc., all come in small tins or pots. I hate dipping my finger in and rubbing like a maniac and having greasy fingers. LAZY. This is time saving, quick absorbing, convenient and it works. Knock a lippy off for cost -- $7.50 is what I paid at a local grocery store and that's silly for light oils like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by charlene2098

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ordered this product online from the US because I read so many good things about it. I wasn't too impressed after using 2x a day. I got better results with Bath and Body's cuticle stick. I should buy some more of that stuff. When I read one review that the bottle leaks on Solar Oil, I thought it might just be bad luck but it happened to me too. You have to make sure it's always upright. This isn't worth me paying for shipping from the US.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by HauntedMoonlight

This is the best nail treatment I've ever used. I like to keep my nails naturally long. They grow very fast, but one of them always breaks, which is a pain in the ass because then I have to cut all of them to match the length of the broken one. Ever since I started using Solar Oil (I started about two weeks ago), none of my nails have broken and my cuticles feel soft. It smells very good, too. I love this oil!