January 29, 2015 | 1088 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

Having tried many nail oils I have to say that this is my HG. It always makes my natural nails look healthy and it also makes them stronger and is great for moisturising my cuticles. I also really like the smell! Will be repurchasing soon as I have almost run out and could not bear to be without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Solar Oil!

It definitely keeps my natural nails & cuticles moisturised, strong and growing fast. It smells great (a subtle almond scent) & absorbs quickly.

It also helps dry nail polish! A minute or so after you put your top coat on just brush the Solar Oil on & rub in gently.

I also use a drop on the backs of my hands every now and again to keep them smooth.

You need to make sure you use it at least once every day (two or three times is best). I've forgotten to use it for a week or so in the past and my nails started peeling and breaking as usual so I know it works!

I keep a 5ml bottle in my work drawer, a 68ml bottle next to the home computer & the Solar Balm version in my handbag. I've bought the 118ml re-filler bottle too so I'm stocked up for a while :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been using this for two weeks since I had my fake nails taken off. Works very well and my nails/cuticles look fine. I work with paper all day so my hands & nails get REALLY dry.
I massage it into my cuticle area after I take a shower, but before I slather on my daily dose of Cetaphil cream. Remains to be seen if it REALLY affects the long-term strength of my very thin natural nails. Will buy ay Sally's next time as it is ridiculously expensive at the salons.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by tyiming

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

moisturises my dry cuticles. i usually just swipe across my freshly painted nails which keeps my nails and cuticles look good. i like the almond smell too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's not perfect but it's the best I've found so far. You must apply it constantly to see results and still, during very cold weather, a slathering of heavy hand cream and gloves are really the only thing that helps my nails and dry skin. But...and this is major for me...the oil really helps my nails right before I apply nail polish. I soak them in the oil for a good 15 minutes, wipe off any residue (by that time most of it has absorbed) and press on with mani/pedi. I get a nice smooth application and good wear. I don't like the tiny brush applicator but, as I said, I've not found anything better. So far.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by pinkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glad I didn't pay the full prize. This one is an ok moisturizer for nails, but my dry and bleeding cuticles aren't that impressed. I use this 2-3 times daily, and no change has happened after a week. I apply it every night, and in the morning cuticles look great, but after the splash of water, they appear really dry again.
The fact that this so messy is also a big minus. It's difficult to use this during the day because afterwards every paper and thing I touch is oiled.
Sweet almond has never been my favourite scent so this one doesn't make me happy in that area either. Guess this could work better if I wouldn't have such dry hands =(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jenneptune2002

I love thie product! I use it on all my friends and even my fiance. I paid $5 for my Sally Beauty Supply card and I get about half off each bottle. Which is well worth it. and I will likely invest in the extra large bottle for use at home as I keep my 1/2 oz bottle in my purse. It has a pleasant smell and absorbs quickly. I also use it on my toes. Before I discovered this product I used vitiamin E oil. Which worked well but was a little tacky. I will continue to recomend this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this was going to be a miracle product but I can't tell that it's helping at all w/the dryness around my nail bed. I have tried applying 3 x's daily and still it's having no effect. I wish I'd bought from a store w/a good return policy because I would take it right back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product! As has been said before--brush it on, rub it in while you watch tv, and poof! healthy, moisturized nails and cuticles. This (along with getting enough water and taking my vitamins) has been the reason why I, a reformed hand/nail picker, has been able to keep her hands pretty. So why just 4 out of 5 lipsticks? The price! IknowIknowIknow, convenience...but $7 for .5oz of a few oils I could probably buy full sized bottles of for $10? I'll do that when my bottle runs out, and just refill.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LaDormeuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far one of the best nail treatments I've ever used! I tend to have very dry cuticles and Solar Oil keeps them moisturized and looking beautiful. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal and this gives immediate, long-lasting results. I apply it every morning on my way out the door and by the time I get to my car it has absorbed and my nails look flawless. During dry, winter months I apply a little between my fingers to stave off (or reverse) dry skin. And I love the almond scent - very natural and not overpowering. Highly recommended! Anyone and everyone can benefit from this product.