October 31, 2014 | 1347 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by rockalaura

The only reason I bought this, is because it was waterproof and inexpensive. I was really skeptical when I bought because a lot of people say it is cakey and doesn't work. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It give me great coverage, covering all my redness and acne scars. It is a little harder to blend than my liquid concealer, but it still blends well. It wasn't cakey on my skin because I moisturize really well before putting it on; I also have really oily skin, so if you have dry skin, it might be cakey. The only bad thing is that there are not many shades, but the lightest shade fits my skin tone, so I'm really happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Two problems with this:
1-It's a little drying
2-I bought this in DEEP BEIGE and its WAY too light!(my skin is relatively the same tone as Salma Hayek's or Kourtney Kardashian's, give or take). The shade range for this product is mediocre. The 3 lightest shades look exactly the same and the only thing that made the medium beige and deep beige shades different was their packaging.

Other than that, I would have repurchased. It's just a matter of shade problems, because i can deal with the dryness of the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by cindientes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read all the negative comments on this product, but I decided to buy it anyways because some people did say it worked pretty well. . Worst Mistake Ever. This prouduct is hard to blend, dries my skin, and just is horrible. I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by onlyjessicax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst concealers ever.
I've tried it many times, to try to give it a chance.
I have it in the color light beige which was way too light.
If you have dry skin like me, I DO NOT recommend this at all.
It'll just make it obvious you're wearing concealer, and it looks super cakey.
It's hard to blend as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by slyrivkah

I purchased this for my under eye circles when I forgot to wear makeup to work one day. It looked terrible and pulled at my skin. Perhaps it's okay for pimples, but not for under eye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

Pros:
-Good for even the lightest skin (like mine!)
-Layers well with powder
Cons
-Doesn't cover red marks well
-Looks fake-y under eyes
-Doesn't blend well
-Never fully dries!
This is an okay concealer, but several things about it bother me. It never fully covers red marks, looks awful under eyes, is hard to blend, and worst of all, stays kind of dewy all day, it never really dries! That means if you apply it underneath your eyes, when you blink, your mascara rubs off underneath your eyes! Ugh! My personal favorite it the Revlon Photoready concealer in a stick like this one. It blends well and dries, for heaven's sake!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Rosie125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love concealers and I absolutely love this concealer. I really like the packaging, it is so convenient and easy to take with you. I wish there was more product but for the price I will continue to buy it. It has really nice coverage and blends easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by BrainSlushee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The product does not conceal very well. it does not even out the skin tone as much as Maybelline Super Stay conealer does.

It does get rid of redness, but it does leave too much of a green tinge even if a medium to full liquid foundation is over it and if it is then set with a powder.

However, the formula feels very smooth and it is easy (maybe a little TOO easy) to blend out.

I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MSkyeG13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this stick but in green (there wasn't a place to review it in that color). I find that it doesn't really conceal but it does get rid of a lot of the redness. For people who find that the yellow one turns their skin orange, I suggest using the green one:) I would buy it again but it isn't my favorite because I have to use two concealers. This one for redness and another one to make it blend in with my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I panic bought this on the morning of my best friend's wedding (hello giant spot - grr) having bought the utterly fabulous YSL concealer in a slightly too dark shade, damn that fake shop lighting! So i needed a lighter concealer to mix to bring the colour of the YSL down a shade/half a shade. I bought this Maybelline stick in the "ivory" shade.

Yes, it is very thick and the stick formulation makes it awkward to apply with a brush (my chosen method), I need to depot it really to get the best out of it, i think. It does need warming first before application, but I did that anyway as I blended the 2 colours on the back of my hand.

I found that the staying power of this concealer was fine but I used it in conjunction with the YSL (probably a mix of around 70/30 with a lower ratio of maybelline) and set it with Clinique loose powder, so it's impossible to say truly what the staying power would have been without the YSL.

Would I buy again ? No. I'll buy the 01 in the YSL as I love the creamy, easy to work with formulation and blend the shadeI need (a hybrid of the 01 & 02 of YSL). I am around NC20 skintone, possible a teeny bit lighter