November 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Prada EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2006 12:38:00 AM More reviews by amazon22

My boyfriend bought this for me, and I love the scent. It makes me feel like a lady-- very grown up. The only complaint (apart from the staying power) is the atomizer. Has anyone else had problems with it? I got the perfume in February and have used at a normal rate. I stopped using it for a couple weeks, then looked at the bottle, and the level of perfume was really low-- a lot lower than I remembered. I noticed that there was a lot of oily substance around the base of the atomizer and the nozzle (is that what it's called?). I also recalled walking into my bedroom 8 hours after spraying the perfume and being able to smell it very strongly in the air. Was it evaporating? Was the atomizer dispersing the scent? I took the atomizer out and am using the silver lid, which makes me sad because the allure of the perfume is largely in the atomizer. Boo. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by shawni2121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When this fragrance first came out, I had some mixed feelings about it. It always seemed too strong when I would try it out in a store or smelled it in a magazine. But I really love it on. I like that the scent doesn't turn on me. It seems a lot of perfumes (with the exception of Chanels and Cartiers) smell nice on me at first and then turn into old lady overly sweet scents. But Prada stayed true to its fragrance. I've been told it's sexy and sophisticated smelling. I feel hotttt when I wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by erinbeth2891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's interesting that both of the last two posters mentioned Coco Mademoiselle, because that's my usual fragrance as well - I think of the two scents as having very different characters, but they must share enough notes to appeal to the same crowd. I was on the fence about this one for a while, unable to decide whether I love it or hate it. I tried it on every time I was at Sephora, and every time I would sniff, walk out saying "ehhh - not for me", only to wonder 20 minutes later what that heavenly scent on my wrist was. As many have mentioned, the drydown on this one is incredible - soft and creamy like a vanilla without actually smelling of vanilla (which I've never liked), caramelly but not sweet, and warm and spicy in a way that somehow smells like skin, only better - very sexy. The downside is that it does not have great lasting power, and it gets cloying very quickly if you use too much. The first time I wore it to work, I tried to combat the lack of lasting power by using more than usual - a full spray on each wrist - and I could taste it in my throat for the rest of the day. It never hit the drydown phase, so I was left with the choking initial blast, and even scrubbing my wrists in the bathroom somehow couldn't get rid of it. I didn't wear it again for weeks because the memory of that day was so unpleasant. I've learned now to apply by spritzing it into the air and waving my wrists and arms through, and the results are great - a lovely, non-cloying, "close" scent. It won't last all day, but few perfumes do, and it's best for a night out anyway. Currently, this is the scent I wear most often, even beating out Coco Mademoiselle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by vespertine33

I tried this because I love Coco Madamoiselle; but it was a huge disappointment. Not a whiff of the patchouili I was expecting from the descriptions, or the bergamot. I found this one sickly sweet and full of a vanilla/ peppery smell. I was expecting it to fade fast- but I can't get rid of it. Definitely a grown-up fragrance for a winter evening. Not necessarily nice on those of us who wear Madamoiselle well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I told someone that I liked Chanel Coco Madamoiselle she suggested that I try this fragrance and I really do like it. It's definately sophisticated with a nice slightly spicy note to it with the sandalwood. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, even one from my grumpy father who said it smelled "classic." I think it smells "upscale sexy." I have two small complaints about this perfume....#1 It only lasts maybe 4-6 hours, which is okay for me since I only wear perfume at night. (We can't wear perfumes at work:-( ) and #2 The first bottle I had of this leaked and my replacement bottle's spritzer has never worked right. I don't mind becuase I'd actually rather dab it on than use a spritzer, but some people might like the spritzer. However, I just love the way this smells on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This smells expensive :) On my skin, it's a rich blend of fruit (I get winey grapes), bergamot, vanilla, amber (lots of amber), sandalwood and patchouli. It's more fruity upon initial application (a bright burst of citrus), then mellows after about ten minutes to something warmer but not too heavy or cozy. It is classic and restrained, grand but not overbearing. It reminds me of something that Sophia Loren would wear--upscale but not overbearing. It's also the most "perfumey" scent I've ever tried and actually enjoyed (most "real" department-store fragrances tend to sicken me). I also like that it stays relatively close to the skin--it broadcasts itself but won't assault the people around you. It has okay-but-not-great lasting power (about 4 hours down to the last, ghostly traces). This'll be the scent I wear when I want to feel like a lady. I love the bottle too--so chic, though I've heard that the atomizer can be problematic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pandiddles

Does anyone else get dirt from this? I so wanted to like this, but when I finally got a chance to sniff it at Holts I was so turned off I didn't even do a wrist test. Fast forward a year, it's now available at the Bay, I'm doing the tester rounds and think, sure why not? Again, dirt (maybe it's the Tonka bean?), and I regret not saving my wrist for something better. Fast forward to this evening and the Prada's calmed down to a delightfully complex, surprisingly sweet combo of spice and vanilla. It's so elegant, sophisticated, unique, intellectual even. I can't stop smelling my wrist! Even the dirt is good now. I'll have to test this again when my nose is less confused and do an update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by elisahenley

This is absolutely my favorite perfume. It has a delightful scent and can be worn during the day and at night, and doesn't make people around you gag. It always smells fresh and doesn't wear off like a lot of perfumes. The notes are very fresh and natural smelling, not chemical smelling like some. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by JenniferandJeffrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This perfume is wonderful. It last all day all day and night. It smells of crisp clean new smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by agray99

This is my HG scent! Very sophisticated and sexy. I agree with the poster who said it is a mature but not "old lady" type scent. It is probably too overwhelming for teen use.
I am currently on my second bottle. My only gripe is that it can be difficult to spray when the bottle gets down to the last third or so of the perfume.