April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, I love this stuff!! My skin was doing some weird break out all down the side of my face. Unsure if it was my ususal makeup routine or cleansing routine, I tried out some new things from Lush. (Well, new to me!) This was one I purchased. I had used it before, but my skin was dry and sensitive at the time, so I was unsure if it would have helped this time around. I was amazed this morning when I woke up and this rash down my face was gone! My skin had calmed down, and it was back to normal. I think it was a combination of things, but this has been wonderful in helping!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by heartsxdesire

I have dry, sensitive and acne prone so i was recommended this mask or crash course in skin care

When I got home and opened the tub, it was somewhat watery, the consistency was almost like half way melted ice cream. And since you put this product in the fridge, the chilling sensation feels SO good when you first put it on your skin. It goes on my face slightly watery, but when the mask hardens, it has adds a nice tightness to my face. My mask did not drip nor flake all over the place like most reviewers have said it did.

It wasnt hard to wash off, but while washing it, it felt like there was this rough layer on my face that I could never scrub off. A little spectrojel did the trick.

All the redness in my skin is completely gone. (I usually look like a tomato after showering) My skin felt slightly moisturized. I cant say my skin felt smoother. it felt the same, if not maybe even a bit more rough.

This morning when i woke up, my skin tone still looked completely even. Not even a tinge of red. so I am really happy. It did make one of my pimples surface to the top but it wasnt very red like it usualyl would be. But other than that, It got rid at least three pimples that were growing on my chin.

Extremely happy with this mask :) I do want to try all the other ones eventually!

Edit: THIS MASK IS AMAZING. I only used it once and my cystic acne has disappeared and became significantly smaller!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that the reviews for this aren't better! This is the only mask I've ever repurchased from Lush & the main reason why I go in there at all. The first time I used it, maybe a couple of years ago, I was really impressed by 2 things; the way it cut down the redness in my skin, and how matte & fresh my skin looked afterward. I have combo to oily skin with moderate redness in my cheeks and t-zone. This just seems like a very calming mask. Didn't cause any irritation/breakouts for me, and my skin's pretty finicky. This isn't a staple in my skincare routine; not a must have. But when I have some extra cash, or my skin's acting really wacky, I'll treat myself to this. As another reviewer said, if you've got redness, give this a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask! I buy it whenever I go to LUSH! It smells so fantastic and is is the perfect combo of drying and moisture for my combination- acne prone skin. It makes your pores shrink up super small and controls oil for days after use... without sucking your skin dry. Fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by niggums

This is good for my combination/super dry skin. It controls my t-zone and I can really see a difference after I use it. My skin would feel less dead and look less dull.. maybe that's just a psychological effect. I love the smell too. It's made of blueberries which is great for detoxifying. Anyway, it's quite a nice mask- but it's not remarkably miraculous, etc. Some of my friends swear by this, so maybe it would work for you too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jessikaleigh20

I bought this after reading the reviews. This did nothing for the redness in my face or acne. However, it does crack and leave a big powdery mess all over your bathroom and clothes!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ayesha3176

This is the first mask I've tried from lush in a while, and I have to say I was pretty pleased with it. Its a lovely lavender colour and smells gorgeous too. I found it cleared the redness on the top of my cheeks and left a softening oily residue on my face ( you may find you need to cleanse again after this) which was quite nice. However don't expect it to magically remove pimples, its more a complexion refiner and probabley best suited to those with normal to combo skins.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by flisalisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift and it is not made for my skin type but since I had it I had to try it. It was OK, but left my skin quite dry and a little itchy. I love the colour and the smell though! It didn't came in the usual box eather, but in a poor, thin one that easily brakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by rubygirl81

I love this mask! I have fair skin that tends to get very red in the cheek area. I have found that this mask tones down the redness and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. I also love the smell! The only down side to me would be the chunks of blueberry skin that will flake off as the mask dries.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this mask, but I honestly felt like it didn't do anything for my skin. It just felt/smelled/looked great on it. It does leave your skin plump and moisturized afterwards. I can't stand masks that strip your face of moisturize. Sadly I feel like the reason why it is so moisturizing afterwards is because there is a layer of filmy oil left after. You'll have to re-cleanse and tone your face after this. Didn't do anything brightening and didn't help with my blotchy forehead.