October 24, 2014 | 1710 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kaymit90

I have been using this for 3 years or so. I use this at night. I purchased this at the same time as Hope in a Jar and Vitamin C Booster. I have noticed significant skin texture improvement since I started this regimen. My skin is smooth and glowing. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin. I think the retinol is a contributing factor. I will keep repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by lilly116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this about four months and am still on my first tube. After reading the reviews, I have to say those who are not happy with the product probably do not have the 2 main problems this product helps with -- improving pores so it reduces breakouts, and helping with fine lines and wrinkles. These are the 2 reasons I wanted to try this and I am happy with it because it did help those 2 issues.

I am 47 but still have break-out prone, combination skin that can become quite oily with the wrong products. My skin is pale, so post-blemish dark marks can take a long time to fade. I break out less using this product, and it also helped fade the acne marks I do get faster. It has never made my skin red or irritated and I consider my skin sensitive because chemical sunscreens and lots of other face products can break me out. I thought my skin could not look any better, but it does.

The next thing I wanted to deal with was fine lines. I have read that the only product that is proven to help reduce (not just reduce the appearance of) fine lines and wrinkles, plus increase collagen production is Retin-A or retinol. I have just a few fine lines around my eyes, on my forehead, and some deeper naso-labial folds than I would like.

I tried an Avon retinol product several years earlier that had eliminated the fine lines around my eyes and don't know why I stopped, but when I tried to buy it I found they no longer made it, so since I generally think Philosophy makes good quality products (although it might not be for you) I went with this one.

This product has diminished the forehead lines so they are pretty much completely gone and the crows feet (they are now just very faint) such that I can use a moisturizer around my eyes in the a.m. and still pretty much not see the lines at night (if it were only helping the "appearance of" it would IMO only plump the lines up temporarily and by afternoon, I'd need more moisture). I don't think it has done anything for the naso-labial folds, but then I don't know that any over-the-counter product could. Even though it's expensive, I still have about 1/3 left in my tube with mostly using every night, sometimes skipping a night, as you only need a pea-sized amount. I would definitely repurchase and would say it's worth trying if you don't want to visit a dermatologist for a Rx for Retin-A.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am currently using a prescription retin-A micro, so I no longer need this product. I did however use it for years in the past and loved it. It helped greatly to even skin tone, reduce fine lines, and even with my acne. It is one of the better retinol products out there due to the microsponge retinol which works on a continuous basis. Please note that it has a shelf life of one year when opened (this information gathered from a Philosophy Consultant).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great night cream. I have oily, acne prone skin without major wrinkles or sun damage. I feel this really smoothed my skin an helped to keep my acne at bay. It was the first Philosophy product I have ever purchased and I am really happy with it. A little goes a long way, so the tube really can last. I find that I don't need a moisturizer over it every night. This is a quality night cream for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kwkelley

I have used this product for some time now and love how it makes my skin look. I can definitely tell a difference when I quit using it. It does dry out my skin so wearing a good moisturizer during the day and occasionally using a mild dermabrasion cream helps to keep my skin looking smooth. I used to use Retin-A but couldn't stand the "ugly" face of dryness, redness and peeling that never seem to go away. This product is much milder and produces similar results for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a Taz user (gel .1), but I'm taking a little break from it. I've been using this product for the past couple of weeks or so. It's very nice. Noticable difference in texture in my skin -- in a good way. Little bit of flaking around my mouth area, but it's nothing compared to when I'm using Taz. I was worried that some of the ingredients would cause clogged pores but none of that nonsense so far! I use my nightly eye cream and moisturizer over it.

I've got Alpha Hydrox Resq on order (rumor is that it's a dup product) and will try that next. I just may forgo my beloved Taz until the fall!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product truly lives up to its name. It did, indeed, help me achieve better skin. I noticed improvement after the first day, and noticed marked improvement after two weeks of nightly use.It definitely cleared up blemishes, helped fade age spots, and made texture of skin smooth. I was very impressed with this product and will continue to use. The basic ingredient that works all this magic is the retinol in it.
I recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

I had a terrible experience with this product. I've been using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Nite Cream and as usual got the itch to try something similar even though it was working great. I found Help Me on MUA and quickly placed an order to QVC even though it was way more than I'm usually willing to pay for a cosmetic product. I wore it for a couple nites and it has sucked all the moisture out of my skin! My skin is completely raw, red, tight, and dry.The pores on my forhead are now large and noticable and they have never looked this big in the past. I can see every little fine line on my face with or without makeup b/c my skin is so parched. I've never had such a bad reaction to a skincare product. It must be way too much for my skin to handle and I'm not particularly sensitive. I suppose I could use it twice a week and work up to every other nite, but I can't put my skin through that and I never had any issues with the Neutrogena cream. I hate to spoil good reviews, but I had to share. Back to QVC it goes. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ishbeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I LOVE this product! I have seen a vast improvement on my face.My skin is radiant, the texture has evened out and my pores are smaller! Thanks Philosophy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lipglossandluv

Simply Amazing! it has made my skin look so much better and my acne and acne scars are history. Well worth the expense! I get so many compliments on my skin now which for me is such an amazing feeling! Great product-try it you wont regret it!