July 23, 2014 | 2123 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this! It makes maintaining my cuticles so much more effective, easier, and faster. I have never been able to get off the dry cuticles on my toes, and this product enabled me to just wipe them off. The only reason I only gave if 4 lippies instead of 5 was because it claimed to be effective on callouses. It works for thin "rough spots" but not callouses. I would also prefer this with a brush applicator as opposed to a dropper. But these are little picky things about the product. For cuticle care, this is a fantastic product and will last forever. I am so happy with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ktaylo36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so far i love this product!!! i tried it a few days ago!!! awesome, my nails look like i went to the salon!!! this will def be a staple!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This impressed me more than I expected! Granted, I haven't tried many cuticle removers, but I have tried oils, massage lotions, etc in attempts to soften them to push them back, and even soften them from plain old warm water or post-shower when cuticles are softer. But this really does work the best and in such little time! It does work within the 15 seconds but sometimes I will leave it on longer. My cuticles can look brittle and dry, and there are stubborn ones on the nail itself that are difficult to push back. Well this makes it a breeze to push back the cuticles and lift off dry leftovers on the nail (whatever those are called!). So being a skeptic, this really did more than I expected and I'm really happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product really works. I have very dry cuticles and this did a great job to soften them, then I use cuticle cutter to clip them off. I use them on my nails and toes. Best to use after a shower, when the skin is soften and wet. I love the applicator, very easy to apply as oppose to the mavala one i used to have, that comes like a nail polish bottle. Got to apply with a brush which is a hassle and unsanitary, as I need to redip into the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My modeling agent rec'd this to me 15 yrs ago becuase she knew I would not go to the salon every week to have my nails done. It does go to work on my rough, thick cuticles within a minute. I use a metal nail stick thing a ma bob to push back the cuticles- I purchased this at Sally's. Needless to say, I have repurchased this many times. One tube lasts me at least 1 year. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smurferella

It took me a while to figure out how to get this to do anything for me at all. I guess it is different on everyone, but for me-15 seconds yields absolutely nothing. I leave it on for a minute, then push back cuticles with my thumb nail. An orangewood stick did not work well for me and it was difficult to do my dominant hand. Then I rinse with warm soapy water and apply cuticle cream. I have heard of some ladies leaving it on for 5 minutes or more, but one minute seems to work fine, at least for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by oliphaunt

Definitely does what it says. I've been using this stuff for a while now, and takes care of my unruly cuticles quickly and easily. I put a little on, then immediately push my cuticles (which are otherwise super-tough) back with ease. You don't need to let it sit, it goes to work immediately. In face, you should wash it off as soon as you've finished. This stuff is strong and will take the top layer off your nail if you leave it on. The upside of it's strength is that you can leave it on rough heels and calluses for a few minutes and then use a pumice, it really helps. Overall, good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by subgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing after first use. If my experience changes, I will change my review.

I got this stuff on the advice of the nail board and wow. I've never really used a cuticle remover before, and was hesitant about it, since it seems so "hardcore". It says to leave on only 15 seconds! I was afraid I'd somehow melt my hands or something, but luckily I didn't

It took a little bit to figure out how hard and exactly what to scrub off with my orangewood stick. The instructions are pretty uh. Nonexistant, which is why I only gave it a four. I would have liked pictures, or at least more ... direction.

Anyway, it all worked out and my nails and cuticles look pretty darn good today, after using it last night. I made sure to rinse really well with a nail brush and after my mani used lots of cuticle cream. So far so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have repeat purchased this jewel many times. It is definitely HG status for me. I have tough cuticles on both hands and feet and despite trying everything out there would always end up pushing and cutting them. This would lead to at least two or three nicks followed by several days of sore spots -Ugh. After discovering this little miracle worker, I no longer suffer that fate. I simply apply and wait, literally, seconds and rinse - no more cuticles! I use it to help me achieve a just-stepped-out-of-the-salon looking mani/pedi for pennies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hands: short nails, dry, frequently washed, and raggedy cuticles.

I read on the nail care board that this was a good cuticle remover. I have tried so many cuticle removers in the past that failed to make a difference (to include the green stuff by SH in the tube - waste of time) I stopped caring for them completely. Then I discovered this.

I got mine at Target for $4 and some change. It comes in a tube but there is not a cuticle pusher so you will have to purchase one seperately. I got a plastic one from Sally Beauty.

Read the instructions carefully. At first I thought it read 15 minutes but you only keep this on for 15 SECONDS. After that you push cuticles back and wash your hands.

I did the following: Removed old polish, washed hands with antibacterial soap, applied SH Instant Cuticle Remover, started pushing back cuticles with the hand I began applying SH ICR with. Finally I washed my hands again and began my mani with three coats polish, one coat Seche Vite.

The results: This product is aptly named. I just was not expecting that anything could take care of these raggedy cuticles that were overgrowing my nail bed, not to mention they are so tough that if I cut them they bleed. This made the soft enough to push back easily. When I polished the result was my nail polish ended up only on my nails!

I still have some toughness around my fingers but not on my nails. I think over time I can soften the skin up and get rid of it. I am so pleased with this product. Thank goodness, SH is usually a miss for me. Buy this if you need a quick mani, have thick overgrown cuticles, or if you are unpleased with other products. Will repurchase!