April 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have repeat purchased this jewel many times. It is definitely HG status for me. I have tough cuticles on both hands and feet and despite trying everything out there would always end up pushing and cutting them. This would lead to at least two or three nicks followed by several days of sore spots -Ugh. After discovering this little miracle worker, I no longer suffer that fate. I simply apply and wait, literally, seconds and rinse - no more cuticles! I use it to help me achieve a just-stepped-out-of-the-salon looking mani/pedi for pennies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hands: short nails, dry, frequently washed, and raggedy cuticles.

I read on the nail care board that this was a good cuticle remover. I have tried so many cuticle removers in the past that failed to make a difference (to include the green stuff by SH in the tube - waste of time) I stopped caring for them completely. Then I discovered this.

I got mine at Target for $4 and some change. It comes in a tube but there is not a cuticle pusher so you will have to purchase one seperately. I got a plastic one from Sally Beauty.

Read the instructions carefully. At first I thought it read 15 minutes but you only keep this on for 15 SECONDS. After that you push cuticles back and wash your hands.

I did the following: Removed old polish, washed hands with antibacterial soap, applied SH Instant Cuticle Remover, started pushing back cuticles with the hand I began applying SH ICR with. Finally I washed my hands again and began my mani with three coats polish, one coat Seche Vite.

The results: This product is aptly named. I just was not expecting that anything could take care of these raggedy cuticles that were overgrowing my nail bed, not to mention they are so tough that if I cut them they bleed. This made the soft enough to push back easily. When I polished the result was my nail polish ended up only on my nails!

I still have some toughness around my fingers but not on my nails. I think over time I can soften the skin up and get rid of it. I am so pleased with this product. Thank goodness, SH is usually a miss for me. Buy this if you need a quick mani, have thick overgrown cuticles, or if you are unpleased with other products. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by csong12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is a MUST have for anyone that doesn't have the time or money to go to the salon every week. I use a pretty small drop on each toe, and just spread it around my cuticle and the skin around my toenail. I especially love that it dissolves the dry skin around my toenail because it's so hard to use the file or whatever to get rid of that dry skin. Don't leave it on too long, or use it more than once a week, because I'm sure it can be damaging to your nail but gosh I LOVE this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works really well and is also inexpensive. I haven't used it on my hands because I have acrylic nails. I have been doing my own toes lately to save money. This product gets rid of dried cuticles so easily with great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great!! I don't really like paying for mani, but I could never get that clean cuticle look that you get when you get your nails done. I just bought this today, and literally minutes ago applied it and pushed my cuticles back....lovely!! I won't be going to the salon for a long, long time!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, easy to use, inexpensive, and efficient! Way to go Sally!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I love this! I put this on all of my nails and then go back and use a cuticle groomer to "shave" off the cuticle. It makes my nails look so much more groomed! I won't do a mani without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by LynnMichelle

I love this but beware, do not leave it on your for longer than a minute or so. It will start to peel away the surface of your nails. But it really works, especially with a metal cuticle pusher.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best cuticle remover I have tried thus far. I don't have hideous cuticles, but they get ragged and dry looking after too long and need some TLC. This gets them back into shape. I do one hand at a time, so that it doesn't sit too long. Not only does it make cuticles easier to push back, but it also makes quick work of the callused skin on the sides of my fingers (I hate that even more than my cuticles, and it's difficult to deal with without resorting to trimming). Just let some Cuticle Remover sit on that tough skin for a bit, do a bit of rubbing, and they're under control! A little goes a long way, so a bottle lasts for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 6:30:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I normally skip the pushing tools and just push back my cuticles in the shower with a washcloth. That usually takes care of it, but sometimes there are remnants of cuticle that attach to the nail plate as it grows out. Since I prefer not to use any tools or trimming, I just apply this inexpensive gel, wait for about a minute and push them back with a warm washcloth. I have not had to use an orangewood stick on my finger nail plate with this product.