April 16, 2014 | 1383 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by kattandbeckalways

Honest to God, this is one of the best things any girl can have.
Having suffered from SEVERE acne in my teens, Bio Oil has been a saviour for me.
I have horrendous scaring, but a morning and night application of Bio Oil [I use it after cleaning, toning and before moisturising] has actually removed my scaring.
Yes, that`s right, I no longer have scaring thanks to Bio Oil.
On top of my scaring being removed, my skin is a even tone, without redness or blotchy pigmentation.
I have used Bio Oil for over two years now, but within DAYS I saw a different to my skin.
This truly is a magical wonder product that EVERYONE needs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I had a horrible burn on my arm. The directions say not to use on open skin, but I put it on the affected area while it was healing, and it seemed to help tremendously. I use this with band-aids made for blisters. Now I use this on the scar the burn left behind. It is definitely helping to fade the scar. I did try it on my face for a while, but it broke me out horribly.
I like the bottle, and I love the way this product smells. I know this will last me a very long time (I keep it in its box to protect it from sunlight), but I will likely repurchase if I need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decided to pick up a bottle after I saw many people swearing by this stuff. I did try this on my face for a while, it just broke me out so I discontinued using it. I don't have other major scars but I do have keloid looking hypertropic scarring from piercings gone wrong and mole removing laser procedures. They're basically really ugly bumpy red-brown scars. I did put bio oil on these scars for a while but I didn't notice any fading or reduction of the scars. Now I just use it for cleaning the scars. It's really nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good oil. I once spilled boiling water on my chest and suffered a massive burn on my right breast. I went on a regime of Bio Oil for 2 years and the burn scar has almost faded. However, I noticed that it didn't work for stretch marks at all. I am now trying Palmers scar serum on a scar near my throat and if it works I'll leave the Bio Oil for good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by KrystoLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this when I was pregnant on the recommendation of my cousin. I know stretch marks has a lot to do with genetics and how fast you gain/lose weight but I feel like this product worked fairly well for me. My skin felt hydrated and well moisturized. I would recommend buying it but buy the cheaper version of it. It works just as well!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

After having a mole on my back removed, I bought this at the doctor's recommendation, who told me either to buy this OR the Nivea cream in the tiny blue tin, to help with the scar. She said both the Bio Oil and the Nivea work exactly the same in helping the scar heal, and that the main thing that fades the scar is the massaging of it, rather than what product you put on it.
I used the Bio Oil to massage my scar twice a day for the first few months, maybe 3-4, and then used it about once a day for the next months until I was happy with what my scar looked like. To be fair, yes my scar went from being purple-y pink to now being almost the same colour as my skin, just a bit pinky in areas. It is still a noticeable scar though with that bumpy texture that you would expect. I think the results though are not due to the Bio Oil, but to the regular massaging of the area and to the passing of time! The Bio Oil is a good medium and makes it easy to massage the scar, but so would the classic blue tin Nivea or I reckon any other thicker cream. I did appreciate that the Bio Oil did not infect my scar/wound when it was still just fresh with the stitches just taken out - but if you have an old scar, I'd just use Nivea on it instead!!
As for using this on the face/ dry patches, I found this to sink into my skin a lot quicker than I expected, almost like a dry oil. It didn't moisturise particularly well though and the smell is really strong - smells like cheap soap to me! It'd be nicer to use on the body rather than face, but it's waaay too expensive for that!
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either - I would not repurchase unless I had a wound that was in the process of healing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This product works well for me. Personally I don't like to put it on my face because it makes me feel too oily, even if I put on moisturizer after it, it makes me feel shiny. It works on scabs applying it every night it heals it faster than doing nothing. I've heard it's good for stretch marks. The smell smells like sunscreen to me. I don't mind it, but that's another reason why I don't like putting it on my face. I would definitely buy this again =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cusick

I have gone through several bottles of Bio-Oil and think it's a fantastic product. I started using it upon returning from vacation in Mexico when I began to peel. The smell is great - fresh and warm.
For the winter months I would recommend layering it under a lightweight body moisturizer.
I have also used it on my face at night and woke up to dewy, plump skin and NO zits (I breakout easily).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by wannabecute

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product did absolutely nothing for me. I used it for a few months to try to improve my acne scars. I finally just gave it to a freind to try because it was taking up space in my drawer. A waste of $.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by nivealover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I had read the ingredients list first, I could have just made this stuff at home. Just take a mineral oil base, then but in some of my favorite natural oils (olive, argan, avocado, jojoba, or even coconut). Nivea creme contains similar ingredients, just less oils. Not buying ever again.