September 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

I love this!!!
People complain cause they dont see immediate results, and you dont after 2 weeks. I have very bad uneven skin tone and i have no radiance what so ever(my foundation gives me that). So i went to the store, i bought this in their smallest size and i started to use it immediately. This is my routine:
1)After removing all my makeup at night, with very clean skin i apply this(a little goes a long way), i message it into my skin for about 1-2min until its absorbed.
2)After i wash my radiant skin in the morning, my skin feels tight and dry, so i apply a dime size on my face and message again until absorbed 1-2min.
3) I repeat everyday

I recently looked at some of my old photos and i realized that my skin is soooo much better than before, it has radiance, its clear and spot-free, and most importantly my skin tone is breath taking! I DONT NEED COVERAGE FOUNDATION!!!!!!! I go with a light bb cream and im out the door. I dont even need a concealer anymore cause my dark circles are GONE!

Advantages:
No more dark circles
Better even skin tone
Radiance
No spots
Better complexion
NO MAKEUP NEEDED TO COVER ANYTHING REALLY!!

Disadvantages:
Take about 2-3 months to start seeing results!

P.s I have been using it for 2 months and 2 weeks now..I HAVE BEEN GETTING SO MUCH COMPLIMENTS ON MY SKIN NOW ;;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bio oil is quite oily and does not absorb easily into skin so I had to massage it into my skin. As for reducing scars, I do not think it helps much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

I bought this product because I'm seven months pregnant and have developed terrible stretch marks on my chest which are visible when i wear low cut tops. I have been using it for about two weeks now and they say thats when you should see a difference. I also use a small amount on my face where i have minor acne scars - cheeks, forehead, sometimes chin. I feel that its made my skin slightly better looking. also a WONDERFUL moisturizer. However, I do not feel that its doing anything for my stretch marks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by budafudawuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was recommended to me by a friend. She described it as a kind of skin "panacea". She uses a small amount on her face once a day and claimed it helped even out her complexion, reduced the appearance of fine lines, and made her skin radiant. I must say, for the first few days, it worked a treat and did all she promised. For a few glorious days, I strutted around the office, head held high, feeling - I must confess - more than a little smug. Alack, I would come to see this time as the brief, bittersweet springtime of my voodoo. I am a male with oily skin and my daily use of Bio Oil soon soon resulted in the break out to end all break outs! Now, I lurk in dark corners and clumsily conceal boil-sized pustules with Maybeline. Or at least, I did. For a week or so. I now only use Bio Oil from time to time as the final step in my skin care routine, topically, on areas that are blemish free and never on consecutive days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jfatz

Started using this on my face about 6 months ago. I moved to Canada from Ireland and i found the water much harder and made my skin very dry but I also had frequent break outs. I found it worked amazingly, yes it is very oily but you just need to keep massaging it in until it is nearly fully absorbed by your skin. It leaves your skin feeling soft all day, I hardly get any spots on my face now and i find it's wonderful as a makeup base if you apply it about 10-15 minutes before applying your makeup. Also i used it on my sunburn whilst on my holidays in Mexico and it worked great. I'm super pale and once i burn it usually stays red then peels but it did turn into a little bit of a tan before i started peeling haha.
It is a little bit expensive but the small bottle lasts forever as you only need a small amount. I would definitely recommend and repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Dendaria

it keeps its promises :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

It removes scars slowly over time.. but dont expect a quick fix... This was way too oily to apply on my face as moisturizer and my skin broke out..Mildly scented which was ok.. I apply where my skin is most dry ..my legs/elbow at nite & it does leave an oily film but soothes dry itchy flaky skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by blushbye

I bought it just to try as a moisturizer and it's surprisingly good. It's great for those barely there lines around the eyes, definitely has worked on those.

It has also evened out my skin tone, which I wasn't expecting. This is a small miracle as I have light melasma, mostly controllable except for a couple of spots and the bio oil has lightened even those spots. It hasn't completely gotten rid of them but there is a noticeable difference. I use it twice a day and will try spot treating with more oil the pigmented areas and see how it goes.

Oh, and I've also been using it on my legs, works great there too. It could probably be very effectively mixed with a cream moisturizer and applied to arms and legs, elbows etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because it claims to fade scars. I had two small scars I tried it on simultaneously: one a small pitted scar from a cut and the other, a small burn scar.

For the burn scar, it appeared as though the scar looked lighter right after application of the oil. However, after the oil had worn off, the scar looked just as dark as it had before. It also made my skin have this odd slick, slightly greasy feeling

For the cut scar, it really made no difference at all. The scar didn't look any lighter or less pronounced directly after application or over time.

It is also very heavily perfumed and contains dyes. The main ingredient is mineral oil. Further down the list, are some plant oils, sunflower oil being the first appearing. The packaging touts "breakthrough ingredient purcellin oil" however I don't see this purcellin actually listed as an ingredient. Another website mentions this is supposed to recreate the oil that coats duck feathers to cause water to bead. If that's true then itmay explain the strange slick feeling I get after applying this.

Overall, I think this did not help my scars fade at all. Costco sells this for $20 for the big + small bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by poshgirl0069

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product, it is not cheap but a little goes a long way. I bought a small bottle years ago and I used it to fade a scar. It worked wonders! I know scars from small burns tend to fade with time but when I used the oil the time was considerably shortened I have had a few in the past years so I can make the comparison.
My skin type is combination to oily but this last winter it became very dehydrated. I had used a lot of creams to help my vert dry skin but nothing worked. I saw my old bottle of Bio Oil in one of my drawers and I started to use it again. I was a bit worried that I would break out but after 3 or 4 days using it in a row my skin has substantially changed and I didn't break out at all. So far I hadn't noticed any improvement with discolouration but that is not my main concern anyway.
When I apply it, it does feel oily and leaves an oily residue for a while but as I use it only at nights it is not a problem for me at all.
I would definitely recommend it.