August 29, 2014 | 1800 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jfatz

Started using this on my face about 6 months ago. I moved to Canada from Ireland and i found the water much harder and made my skin very dry but I also had frequent break outs. I found it worked amazingly, yes it is very oily but you just need to keep massaging it in until it is nearly fully absorbed by your skin. It leaves your skin feeling soft all day, I hardly get any spots on my face now and i find it's wonderful as a makeup base if you apply it about 10-15 minutes before applying your makeup. Also i used it on my sunburn whilst on my holidays in Mexico and it worked great. I'm super pale and once i burn it usually stays red then peels but it did turn into a little bit of a tan before i started peeling haha.
It is a little bit expensive but the small bottle lasts forever as you only need a small amount. I would definitely recommend and repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Dendaria

it keeps its promises :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

It removes scars slowly over time.. but dont expect a quick fix... This was way too oily to apply on my face as moisturizer and my skin broke out..Mildly scented which was ok.. I apply where my skin is most dry ..my legs/elbow at nite & it does leave an oily film but soothes dry itchy flaky skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by blushbye

I bought it just to try as a moisturizer and it's surprisingly good. It's great for those barely there lines around the eyes, definitely has worked on those.

It has also evened out my skin tone, which I wasn't expecting. This is a small miracle as I have light melasma, mostly controllable except for a couple of spots and the bio oil has lightened even those spots. It hasn't completely gotten rid of them but there is a noticeable difference. I use it twice a day and will try spot treating with more oil the pigmented areas and see how it goes.

Oh, and I've also been using it on my legs, works great there too. It could probably be very effectively mixed with a cream moisturizer and applied to arms and legs, elbows etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because it claims to fade scars. I had two small scars I tried it on simultaneously: one a small pitted scar from a cut and the other, a small burn scar.

For the burn scar, it appeared as though the scar looked lighter right after application of the oil. However, after the oil had worn off, the scar looked just as dark as it had before. It also made my skin have this odd slick, slightly greasy feeling

For the cut scar, it really made no difference at all. The scar didn't look any lighter or less pronounced directly after application or over time.

It is also very heavily perfumed and contains dyes. The main ingredient is mineral oil. Further down the list, are some plant oils, sunflower oil being the first appearing. The packaging touts "breakthrough ingredient purcellin oil" however I don't see this purcellin actually listed as an ingredient. Another website mentions this is supposed to recreate the oil that coats duck feathers to cause water to bead. If that's true then itmay explain the strange slick feeling I get after applying this.

Overall, I think this did not help my scars fade at all. Costco sells this for $20 for the big + small bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by poshgirl0069

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product, it is not cheap but a little goes a long way. I bought a small bottle years ago and I used it to fade a scar. It worked wonders! I know scars from small burns tend to fade with time but when I used the oil the time was considerably shortened I have had a few in the past years so I can make the comparison.
My skin type is combination to oily but this last winter it became very dehydrated. I had used a lot of creams to help my vert dry skin but nothing worked. I saw my old bottle of Bio Oil in one of my drawers and I started to use it again. I was a bit worried that I would break out but after 3 or 4 days using it in a row my skin has substantially changed and I didn't break out at all. So far I hadn't noticed any improvement with discolouration but that is not my main concern anyway.
When I apply it, it does feel oily and leaves an oily residue for a while but as I use it only at nights it is not a problem for me at all.
I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Holly81

I have 2 burn scars on my left hand. One was someone bumping into my hand with a lit cigarette, the scar is still visible and obviously white scar tissue.

Just above it, I burned myself on a grill whilst making breakfast one morning. this scar was alot bigger and more severe and deep then the cigarette one, i rubbed bio oil on it twice a day for two weeks, and the scar is barely noticeable. the scar tissue looks like the skin surrounding it and it is the same colour as the skin surrounding it. I now use this as my daily moisturiser too. Miracle product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't even know, man. I never use this product consistently, but my stretch marks have faded...and I don't know if they naturally faded away, or if my sporadic application of this product helped...all I know is that I won't repurchase. This stuff is expensive, lord, and I'd rather just use cocoa butter.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Doesn't work for stretch marks at all ladies, which is why I bought it. I'm sure it's great just as a moisturizer and I enjoy the smell but that's it. I have been using it for years and trust me, the only thing that helps stretch marks is time! They will slowly fade over time (maybe not much) but this stuff will not help at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by beautygeek220

I have been using bio oil for 2 years now for my face as night time moisturizer. My skin type is combination... And im at my forties ...An i looooove it. It cut my nightly routine to just wash, toner and bio oil... Thats it! And so far crows feet and other wrinkles are still at bay. Great product and it doesnt make a hole in your pocket because one bottle goes a long way. I dont think i will be trying any product for moisturizer anytime soon.. This is a keeper!