August 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I LOVE this liner. I actually bought all the e/s from this collection (naked lunch and deep truth) Beauty Marked is my FAVOURITE out of the 3. It's a black with burgundy sparkles. Kinda like duochrome. I love using this to set my eyeliner. It's my go-to liner setter for every look. Like others have mentioned.... if you want the burgundy shimmer to show up... use it wet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this e/s!! I use this in the outer v as well. Dramatic crease colour but looks beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by znodarse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first got this eyeshadow. I hated it. It looks nothing like it does in the pot when swatched. I've learned to love it, though. I realized it's a VELVET finish. If it was a frost, it would have come out like it does in the pot. It's one of my favorite crease colors when doing purple looks, and when you apply it wet, it comes out just as the pot looks like. Remember, it's a velvet. So it's gonna come out a little matte, with tiny bits of shimmer. Always check the finishes. I love Beauty-marked!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Every time i've gone into a MAC store,or counter i've always been drawn to this shade. I finally got it a few days ago( geez what took me so long), and i really love it. The color is a black with burgundy sparkles. The color dosn't really show up very sparkly/glittery when i applied dry, but as others have mentioned when applied wet the glittery sparkles do show up. I like to use this color in the outer corners and as an eyeliner. It's very beautiful

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by yelloe1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beauty marked is one of my must have shadows. I love it mixed with pinks and purples and as a liner. It is just gorgeous.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

This is amazing to look at when you are at the MAC counter, and I picked this up forever before I finally bought it. It was inevitable that I would because in the pot it looks INCREDIBLE. On your lid however, it looks terrible! A dark purpley-black I simply failed to see any shimmer at all. I just thought what was the point?

I am giving this 2 as I think if you want a black shadow with shimmer, buy blacktide.

Reading the review below me, i am going to try this wet, but I dont hold out much hope. I won't re purchase this one again. I'm giving it two stars for the damp-use potential and the fact that it is still wearable in case i run out of carbon lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by caligirl143

I love this eye shadow! There is a trick to applying it and if you know how it will look great! Its the perfect color to wear out to a club, you just have to know how to apply in it! It is very easy to over apply so you have to be careful. I use this in my crease or just a small amount on the outter corners when I want to glam up my eyes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

Is there a trick to using this? I wanted Beauty Marked for so long, i'd always look at it when i would go to MAC and one day i finally gave in and bought it. I don't get it? It's like a weird dry matte hard to work with black color! I'm not even sure how to go about playing around with it! It's very decieving in the pot. I won't buy it agian.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by kimchimochi

I just received this in a swap and have been playing around in it. Love it!

I'm shocked at all the terrible reviews for this shadow. It's such an amazing color, but so few people have mentioned the crucial thing about this shadow - it MUST be used wet. For all of you people who are hating on the lack of shimmer, the chalky, sheer way it goes on, please go back with a damp brush and try it again.
When used dry, it is indeed terrible. But when wet, it goes on much it looks in the pot - beautiful and shimmery, just a little darker and the red/purple shimmer is not quite as showy. I can imagine using this wet as a very pretty eyeliner as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What a disappointment. Beauty Marked looks stunning in it's little MAC pot, but once applied it's not so hot. It's a black based red, though appears purple. Almost chalky texture which makes it hard to work with. I gave it a 2 because it does work well as a crease colour or liner for purple/pink looks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by PolinaPorcupine

it looks black when applied (not a good thing for me)

but looks like a beautiful wine color with specks of glitter in it cute lil MAC e/s pot

too too bad