July 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kryssimarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's the answer to inherited dark under-eye circles. I use it to cover blemishes as well. I'm not sure if it's meant for that, but it works amazing either way! I have been fair, tan, and now I have a medium skin tone, and all the time I have used this product. So it's adaptable, it's multi-functional, and it's not going to clog your pores! Sweet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by talibear

Ahh, well rested. I have sad, allergic, sleep deprived eyes-they're a tiny bit puffy, often with dark bags/shadows, and with the veins easily seen through them, ALONG with a red tinge from the allergies. Hot picture, right?
Anyways, along comes well rested. Its yellow tone instantly counteracts any reddish/purplish tone to my skin. I sometimes use a bit of bisque underneath my eye, but in all honesty, well rested is all I need for the entire eye area. It covers up darkness around the eye and really does give a clean, fresh look. If it were a "liquid" concealer, it would be really thick & creamy-you really can't see much through it and there is no need to layer it on. And don't be concerned that it's a powder-it does a great job and doesn't make a mess...really sticks to the brush and to your face, and blends in beautifully.
I use the maximum coverage concealer brush OR the double ended face blending brush to massage it in a bit when I'm done.
Sometimes I think it may be the TINIEST bit too yellow, but it calms down after a bit and really is a nice base, or I just consider it a bit of a subtle eyeshadow for the day.
Also, maybe put a bit of eye cream on before, or just moisturize, because it CAN settle into lines the tiniest bit. I'm 22 but the eye rubbing/itching has done some damage to my eye area and I have noticed this happening a *bit*, but blending also usually helps this.
I'm NW15 for reference

EDIT: ah! well after seeing everyone say how terribly the max coverage concealer brush works, maybe i don't look as good as i think? lol, i hope not!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I bought this about a year ago and I really like this product :) Having light Asian skin I can use this not only around my eyes, but it's a better concealer than the Multitasking Face minerals. It does tend to settle into the fine lines around my eyes--only when I apply too much. This gives my eyes a very well rested look and while juggling an internship, college, and work... this makes me look like it's all a breeze to me ;) I do like to use this product with the Concealer brush from BE, but at the same time it's great with the Flawless Face brush for underneath the eyes.

Can I just say that this product LASTS a long time, too? I think the first bottle I bought had to last at least 8 months. I will most definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cate_c

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank you SO much ladies for the brush change suggestion!

I LOVE this on my upper lids with the concealer brush, and now I LOVE it underneath with a fluffy little brush I got in a set from COSTCO.

Now, it does not settle in the little lines, but drifts over and looks perfect, even with foundation and mineral veil buffed over it!

i am so glad I found this place!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this in the BE Complexion Enhancer kit a few weeks ago. After wearing it for a while, I can say that it defintely makes my dark circles look lighter, but as many people have pointed out, you HAVE to use the correct brush for it (the BE kit I have comes with a light stroke brush that I use with this concealer). I've found that a little goes a long way (I literally only use a few "crumbs" every day, and I think I have pretty dark circles), so just use a bit--you can always build later. I use it under summer bisque and I have to say I've been really happy with the results. I'm not sure how it will look on me once I get more tan in the summer (I'm olive now and will only get darker in the sun) but for now it works really well on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by woofy1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this on the circles under my eyes and was very disappointed, it intensified every crows foot and wrinkle. I tried using more under eye cream and i still had the same problem. Maybe i put too much on or something, but when i used less, it didn't have the coverage that i was looking for. However, when I used it on my eyelids, WOW! I felt like it took 10 years off of my age. My lids are deep pink in color and this completely brightened up my face! I think i would use this alone on my lids if I wanted to go very light on the makeup (camping, vacation, etc.) then just add a little mascara. I love the product for this reason only, not for under the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jessibrianne18

The review below about using the right kind of brush couldn't be more correct! I used the BE concealer brush when I first bought well rested. It made my eyes look so crepe-ey and gross. I hung on to it forever knowing I wouldn't use it, then one day decided to try a regular old fluffy eyeshadow brush. Now I use it every day and can really say it does exactly what it says it will do!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by chov

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my absolute must-have-can-never-be-without products. I keep one in my bag for touchups during the day, one at home and one in my gym bag. I have always had bad dark circles, and this stuff does the business. It's also a fantastic eye shadow base and, if mixed with Bisque, probably the best concealer I've ever used (and that includes Cle de Peau). Yes, the proper brush does make all the difference. Like all Bare Minerals base products, it takes time to perfect, but you'll never go back to the cream versions once you do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by PrincessNarawen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I agree with previous reviews that the brush you use with this product really does matter. The first time, I applied this with my BE max. coverage concealor brush (it's what I use when I put the BE foundation under my eyes). It looked HORRIBLE. Very caked on, it settled into lines (and I don't even have many!), and just looked...fake.

After reading reviews here, I decided to try it again with the BE light stroke brush. Not only did it look better, it's almost perfect! When I use the BE foundation under my eyes, I have to use another illuminating liquid concealor under it or my dark circles still show through. With this I don't have to put anything under, and it blends nicely with my skin. I was afraid I would have to do a full face of foundation because the yellowish base color would stand out too much against my rosy cheeks, but I put it on today with no other makeup and I just look naturall well-rested. Not sure if I'll call it HG yet, because I still need something to occasionally cover blemishes, and I haven't tried many things on my dark circles, but it's the best I've tried so far.

I can't comment on the price because I swapped for this instead of buying. However, the price is the same as the BE eyeshadows so it's pretty reasonable. I'll buy again when I run out.

UPDATE: I've been using this for a few weeks and I have offically found my HG concealor (for dark circles, anyway). It's so quick and easy to dab on and blend in, and perfect for my "no makeup makeup" days. I was a bit scared that the yellow tone would stand out against my rosy cheeks or foundation, but it blends seamlessly. Everyone with ANY level of dark circles should own this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

This is one of those products where the right brush makes all the difference in the world.

The first time I used this, I used my Sephora-brand concealer brush (which works amazing for every other concealer I own, and even for B.E. Well Lit). The results were horrendous. The skin under and around my eyes did not looks any lighter, but the skin texture was crepey and every line emphasized. I instantly aged my eyes by 10 years or more.

Whenever a product gets rave reviews here but is disastrous in my hands, I try and experiment to make sure that the issue is not my application.

Today, I used a fluffier brush to apply Well Rested. Dare I say, I actually look well rested now. 100% difference from my experience yesterday.

I have actually been trying every concealer under the sun lately in preparation for having another baby (and getting no sleep). I have been searching for something that can diffuse dark shadows, will not settle into lines, last at least most of the day and is quick to apply.

This will not be my HG concealer because it is not all that quick to apply. A creamy formula can just glide on and blend, but this takes lots of careful application and building up of color. A beautiful result, but not for everyday, for me anyway.

I can see where this would come in handy if you use pencil eyeliner, and you want to both conceal shadows and set your liner with the same product.

I don't think I will repurchase because it will last forever. Like all B.E. stuff, the application can be messy. My only other issue is that this is not weightless - it does give me that tingly, crawly 'I'm wearing makeup' feeling and I am happy to wash my face at the end of the day. Maybe my skin is reacting to the bismuth. Anyway, I will save this one for occasions.

*EDIT :I really really love this, it is the best concealer I have tried. Unfortunately, I am allergic to bismuth (it figures!) Mineral makeup with bismuth causes my face to itch horribly and then I get these red bumps. If anyone knows of a product like this, but without the bismuth, please email me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No