April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are my favorite cleansing towelettes (I�ve also tried Almay, Equate, and Beyond Belief). The large, textured cloths are quilted and thick. Visibly removes makeup, oils, even provides light exfoliation. Clears away residue from eyeliner and mascara after you use your eye makeup remover. On a late night I can wipe everything off with one cloth and call it a night without fearing breakouts from residue by the next morning. Removes surface dirt, so your facial cleanser has a stripped layer to work upon. Slightly floral scent annoys me just a little, but it doesn�t last long. My HG Pond�s product was the bare and repair eye makeup remover, but this towelette has tied it.
UPDATE: 7/25/13 I picked up a package of original wipes the other day, and didn’t notice that it no longer says Clean Sweep. These Original have the same weave texture, but are MUCH thinner than the Clean Sweep version. So thin that I can feel my fingers on my face while wiping. So due to the reduction in thickness, hence quality, I will not repurchasing this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

This product isn't perfect, but it's very good. I actually buy it in bulk at Costco! It does a very good job of getting the makeup off my face, but I find it is not enough when it comes to eye makeup. I always have to follow up with eye makeup remover. It does a very good job of walking the line between too moisturizing (like the cold cream, which I hate) and too drying. It does make my face red right after I've used it (probably just from rubbing it), but that goes away in a minute or two. I just wish they did the packaging a little differently. I find that the "resealable" tab on the top doesn't stick very well, which means the towlettes on the top dry out. Luckily I use them often enough to where they don't have much time to dry up, but if you don't close it properly you can lose a lot of towlettes. I put the whole package in a ziplock to cover my bases, and make sure they stay moist. I also like to use these as a quick brush cleaner for times when shampooing them isn't an option. It does a good job of getting excess makeup out of the brush, and leaves them feeling clean and soft. Just gently wipe your brushes back and forth on the towelette, holding the wipe flat on the palm of your hand. You still need to wash them, but this works nicely when you don't have time, or don't have a brush cleaner on hand. This is the best wipe I've found, and I use them every day, so I definitely recommend these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought these at walmart as a 2 for 1 deal. I normally use the olay express facials, which come wet as theses ones do and I must say I think I am going to stick to those. These wipes are okay, what I expected except the coating on the cloth is like a soapy, easily dries formulation that doesn't feel as refreshing on my skin as the olay ones. The packaging is okay, much like any other facial cloth cleanser, where you pull them out of the bag and seal it so that the wetness stays wet. I think they are okay, but I would not rebuy them since I have others that I like better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went back to these after trying many other drugstore brands. I liked the way the neutrogena clothes removed all of the makeup gently but they also left residue. I use these cloths to remove sunblock & makeup before going to the gym so I don't have to wash my face more than twice a day. These towels are great because they remove all makeup and sunblock without any irritation or film so I can apply my glycolic moisturizer before I go to the gym without feeling like I am putting a light treatment moisturizer on top of moisturizing film. My face feels clean. These cloths don't dry out as easily as others do. I keep them stored in the blue plastic container.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive tried a few MU removers over the years, and I always come back to this. It is super simple to use, no-mess, quick and easy. It works! I use it for all over the face, foundation and eye makeup, and it does the job. I always follow it with my regular face wash, but this is my personal preference. It does not irritate my skin (which is sensitive and redness prone) and it doesnt dry it out, unlike some other oils Ive tried. Will keep using! Very pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually do not use the Pond's brand of these. I use the Target brand. (I couldnt find it on the list so decided to do my review here) They are about a dollar or two cheaper than the actual Pond's brand and they work wonderfully! I've been using these to remove makeup for months now and I really do like them. I dont use them to remove eye makeup although I have tried and they do work pretty well. I use a separate eye makeup remover to be sure and get all of my waterproof mascara off.
What I like about these is they remove every last trace of makeup and what I love about these is they do not make my skin feel dry or tight. My skin actually feels moisturized when I am done! I only use these at night before going to bed and half the time I'm doing it while I'm actually already laying in bed. So I do not follow with any type of moisturizer at night. I dont feel that I need it because my skin already feels moisturized just with these cloths. My breakouts subsided when I began using these, but I know it's not due to any ingredients that are actually in the cloths. It's just because I stopped going to bed with my makeup still on lol.
Will I buy these again? yes and I do buy a pack about every month or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rigits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It does NOT remove my mascara.. and I don't wear waterproof! Ithe package also has a hard time sealing after many uses.

Otherwise, It's a nice pick me up after a nap or running to classes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got like 3 or 4 of these from costco for $15. they are okay. i can see all my makeup coming off on the wipe. there are only 2 things: it smudges my regular mascara all over my face when i take it off, and it does NOT remover waterproof mascara! that is why i have to find another one that will.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been using the Equate towelettes for over a year, but was tired of them leaving lint on my face. I really love these. Don't like the fragrance, but the wipes are thick, soft, and wet. Remove all my make-up gently w//o overdrying.

My biggest complaint is the price. I'll prbly have to alternate between these and Equate. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by LaurentEsq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

HG. These things finally cleared my face up after years of acne. I realized that even though I was washing, toning and moisturizing my face, I wasn't getting all my make-up off. I tried these because they said oil free and I was at the end of my rope. My skin cleared right up. These take off foundation, powder, mascara - everything. I follow up with a face wash, toner and moisturizer and my face is clean and clear. My only small complaint with these would be that they don't come in a plastic container that you can refill, but rather a soft package with a resealable plastic strip. I bought the Equate version (which is inferior quality, but not bad) with the hard plastic container and I restock it with Ponds wipes so they stay fresh. I'll use these as long as they make them.