September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by silentxtearz

I have this in 02 stay neutral and this is my 3rd purchase. It's sheer so it almost makes me look like i barely have any make up on, i get compliments all the time. I use this along with my Clinque Superbalanced Makeup and it looks even better! I love it. If you have dry skin, put some moisturizing lotion on your face, and a primer (if you want your make up to last much longer.) Well... at least that's what i do and it works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by patchoulissime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to always hate pressed powders. That was before I bought Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder. I can only say I'm really impressed!

I was compeletely happy with my MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder, but I've had to travel a lot this year and needed something smaller to carry with me, so I started to look for a new powder. I hadn't been using a pressed powder for years and was really hesitant to buy one - the word "pressed" made me think those super gritty cakey powders that I absolutely hate. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the word "matte" since I have super dry skin and really don't need any help with keeping it matte, because it's sahara desert dry already.

Because I have extremely sensitive skin I also have to be really careful on what I put on my face and I went through tens of different powders ingredient list before I was happy with what I saw, and that happened to be the Clinique one so I went and purchased it.

Now, after 3 months of using it I can honestly say I love it! When I put it on you can't tell I have anything on my skin, it feels really finely milled, it's fragrance-free, doesn't enchance the drier areas on my skin and the best of all, it doesn't make me break out.

For some reason my powder has different ingredient list than the one posted on here. My powder was bought on 09/2009 so maybe it's the new formulation?

Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I thought the same as poster below itcouldbesteph. As I have oily skin I wanted a powder that would keep my complexion matte and that I could also carry around to blot during the day. I found that this powder was quite thick and drying and was really chalky and left me looking overdone. It made my face feel tight once applied which I didn't like. From some of the other posts, the ones who like it seem to use a brush to apply. Maybe thats what I was doing wrong! I was using the sponge but I don't really want to carry a brush around with me all day. It's a shame as other Clinique products are great, just not this one for me. I wouldn't buy it again. The packaging is good though with a nice big mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have purchased this many times and always have one at home and one in my purse. This is my everyday, go-to powder. It has light coverage and the colors match my Indian skin perfectly. I moisturize with SPF, use concealer as needed, then apply Stay Matte with a powder brush. Very easy to apply & wears well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Tinzeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very Nice, doesnt make my skin oily. does exactly what it promises. it keeps my face matte but occasionally at the end of the day my skin is slightly oily. you need to blend it in well too

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by itcouldbesteph

Very average product. I haven't found a lot of difference between this and my cheaper powders. I don't find that it stays on for all that long and I find it very thick, not sheer. If anything, it makes my skin oily, which only ever happens with Clinique products. Once again I have to say not impressed at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by minax

I have this in shade 01 stay buff. It matches my skin tone pretty well but I don't like the powder itself. I use it to blot shine during the day without adding color but this only lasts for around 2 hours. I bought this straight after the SA tried it on me in the store so I didn't have time to see that it hardly keeps my skin matte. I work in an office so this is really poor blotting power. It looks very chalky when first applied then quickly fades to nothing. It was also very expensive (27 euros). I don't really like the compact either because the sponge sits on top of the powder. I will use it up but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently ran out of MAC MSF Natural in Light and happened to be in a dept store over the weekend buying an anniversary present when I passed upon the Clinique counter. I noticed that Clinique had a gift w/ purchase so I decided to try to find a powder to use in the meantime (my dept store doesn't carry MAC - boo!) To qualify for the gift, I had to get 2 products (this and the All About Eyes concealer). I just wanted something to set my foundation (Revlon Colorstay). I really like this powder...I use a powder brush, not the powder puff that comes with it. It goes on well and is quite buildable, doesn't look cakey. The one minor complaint is that it is a bit too matte (the name of the product says it all -Stay Matte) whereas the MSF leaves that bit of dewiness on my face. Overall, a great powder.
UPATE: after about 2-3 weeks using this powder, I have noticed that for some reason my pores have started looking bigger. When I was usign MAC MSF I didn't have this problem, so I can only say it may be the Clinique powder that is causing this ....who knows? but I'm going to go back to using MAC MSF natural and see what happens.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sgbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very cute packaging but with my skin, all I have to say is: Never Again Clinique products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great compact for light daily touch-ups and setting foundation! I love it! I will re-buy if i ever need to!