November 23, 2014 | 2071 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE Meteorites. I'm on my third container of Meteorites in Mythic, and they are my all-time favorite finishing powder. I agree with all the reviewers before me who say these give you a lovely glow. They make my skin more luminous. I am a cool-toned PPP with pink undertones, and Mythic works beautifully for me. I usually apply them with the big Smashbox Face and Body brush, but I've also used a powder buff or other brush and all work well (although I prefer the Smashbox brush). Save your money on the Meteorites brush. I bought it when I first bought Meteorites years ago, and it is not a good brush. I also have the LE Pucci Meteorites, and I like them as well but because of their shimmer, they are not good for everyday use like Mythic. I also have the voyager pressed powder (although I didn't order the expensive compact; Instead, I get the refill and put it in my Stila powder foundation compact), which I carry in my purse and use as my touch up powder. I will not be without my Meteorites. As I said, I'm on my third container of Mythic, and will buy it again and again. I'm on my second voyager compact (considering how small it is, it's amazing how long it lasts) and will buy it again and again. As for the LE Pucci Meteorites, because I only use them when I want a little shimmer, I don't see my needing to rebuy them because they will last forever.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tracy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being using the powder for a few months and it certainly brightens my face.Overall i like this product but if they pack the meteorites balls into a better casing would be nice.Will certainly buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my Mythic Les Meteorites balls powder - in my opinion they are expensive and I thought for a long time before I go to buy it. I think it's worth the money though. The first time I saw them was at a friend's place and she let me use a bit of it, but I did not notice any difference on my face at all. I was attracted to the balls and the cute package though. Then I read other people's reviews, and saw them on many magazines saying they are the hottest thing now, and I think I'll give them a try again. And yes...this time I noticed a difference - the thing is when you look at yourself at the mirror you won't see too much. This thing "glows" a bit in different kinds of light - so depending on the lightings in your surrounding it glows differently. I think when taking pictures with the flashlight it glows the best - no one will think you put something on your face, the glow is very natural but you do see a difference if you compare to your other pictures without putting the meteorites on your face! Not only the glowing and the radiance, but these balls somehow make your skin looks finer and your skin tone more even and smooth. My skin is good (no acne, not oily, small pores etc) but I think these balls can make it looks even better.

I did not give it a 5 because I get such a small box with ~50usd and I noticed that (not sure if that's because I bought it online and it was shipped to me) there are already loose powders at the bottom of the box when I opened mine brand new - that means the balls are already "shredding" off the powders due to normal handling before I touched them. I also don't like the fact that everytime I open the box powders/dust are flying all around from the inside to the outside.

I love them and just wish their price is a little bit less. I will want to try the other colors =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by neongirl

It`s the best thing I ever have bought. It makes me feel and look amazing + the scent of it is wonderful. I bought my first meteorites in 1988. Haven´t been using them for about ten years, but last week when I bought a magazine I saw the pucci meteorites so I went out and bougth it.I have the mythic. beige chic, pink fresh, winter radiance, gold temptation and the pucci ones and I love them all. The mythic ones I use daily over foudation as finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I adore this highlighter! Alas, I wish for the price you received a better, higher quality container. While pretty, it is made out of cardboard. I love the way this makes my skin glow and evens out my tone. I've tried a similar product in compact form from Physician's Formula but it does not give you the same glow. I'm oily/combo so normally I avoid "glow" at all costs because I do that quite well on my own without help...but this is different. It's not shiny or anything, just radiant! I was only wearing this to go out, but then I bought the Pearly Touch. I'll use that for nights out and I've started using this everyday over my makeup (I switch between Everyday Minerals when it is super hot out like it is now, 115 (!), and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It works wonderfully over both!

Will definitely repurchase, but I'm imagining this will last a long while!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by arcadia44

I had been using this product (in Mythic) just for nights out and special occasion until one night i had a guy- YES A BOY!- say i was glowing...SOLD. Now i use it almost everyday on top of a tinted moisturizer, it really makes your skin look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by clamster

WOWOOWow okay, this is a really subtly product that makes a huge difference! Depending on the light it makes my skin have that just scubbed smooth, satiny kinda glow I have beige chic, pink fresh, and mythic I got it in a set of 3 minis. They all looks soo nice the pink one has the most color best for eyes and cheeks. The mythic one is great for all over to give a natually radiant look. At first I don't see much of a difference but I get compliments. I tried it one 1/2 my face and looked closely and I could tell there was a difference. It's Super pricey but they last for EVER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll be frank, I don't think anyone really does need this product, yet it should be in everyone's beauty wishlist because it's sooo chic and decorative. I love to keep it on top of my boudoir, I love how good it smells and I love the glittery finish it gives to my arms (anyway, I would never use it on my face). Too bad the box is made of plain cardboard, it ruins easily

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by gemgem22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*Sigh* I love this product. I have the Reflects de Nacre limited edition from Christmas 2003 and they don't seem to have gone down! I never really used to think they did anything except look decorative on my dressing table (the little cylindrical box is so pretty) until an incident a couple of years ago. Throughout my teenage years I had really crap skin, my T-zone was really spotty and nothing made them go away (even Accutane, they came back after I'd finished the course) and one night whilst applying my makeup for a night out I decided to sweep this product all over my face. A week or so later, a friend of mine had showed the photos of the night out to her mum, who commented that my skin looked nice. No one had EVER complimented my skin before, so that pushed the Meteorites near the top of my favourite makeup products list. I even tried putting it on one half of my face and leaving the other half and I could tell the difference in the mirror. The way you're skin looks by candlelight, soft and glowy, well that's what you get with these. LOVE! (and they smell great too, like violets)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Anastasie

Les Meteorites are pearls of very finely-milled luminescent powder, intended to be used as a highlighter (or perhaps as rouge or eye colour, if it suits you). I have been collecting them for years now, but have been particularly enamoured by three of the shades: Mythic, Perles de Velours, and Winter Radiance.

Mythic is the standard colour of Meteorites -- full of lovely lavenders, sage greens, golds, pearl, and pastel tones. When applied with a kabuki brush, they swirl together to bring life and lustre to the complexion, cancelling redness and imparting a delicate, candle-lit glow.

Winter Radiance, a holiday issue of Meteorites from 2005, was a softer, more lustrous version of Mythic. Really very lovely and ideal for fairer complexions and winter time.

Perles de Velours, the holiday shade from 2006, adds more warmth and glow to the complexion with the addition of beiges, corals, mother-of-pearl, and berry tones. With this, one can achieve a very sultry, velvety look perfect for holiday affairs.

All of Les Meteorites have a very soft lilac/lavender scent, and they remain on the skin well. The container is nice as well, and looks fitting atop a vanity. Guerlain continues to impress each season with these fantastic pearls of powder. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No