December 20, 2014 | 823 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by jerky283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this cleanser!!!! i started using this cleasnser when my skin was oilier and when i was breaking out. It did not make my skin worse at all. It removes my makeup like nothing else. It is pricey for the size and I have tried other cleansers but always come back to this. It doesnt irritate my skin and i swear my skin cleared up since it removes makeup and daily grime like nothing else. You need to use hot/warm water on a washcloth/cotten pad to get everything and I mean everything off of your skin. Its a must have!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is good just nothing special like most lush products are. It's feels good in the sense that it's moisturizing. But that effect doesn't last too long. The product itself is going to last a long time. Also, I hate that it's so sticky when it comes off. You have to wash it off with a cloth, you can't just use your hands and i think that kind of sucks ;/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by oliviahh13

I've been suffering with an oily t-zone but extremely dry flaky cheeks and chin. I was using a soap-free cleanser and moisturizer every single day but nothing was helping it. I realized that the cleanser I was using was stripping all the healthy oils in my face and making my t-zone go into overdrive while making my dry zones even dryer. I was weary to rub oil on my face to clean but I'm amazed at what a difference this stuff has made. I've been using it for two weeks now and my skin has been absolutely glowing. My skin texture is even and no more oily zones and dry flaky spots. I don't typically wear much makeup apart from blush and the occasional eyeshadow and eye-liner and it does a great job at removing it while cleaning my face. I use a small amount and rub it all over my face. I have a small wash cloth that I run under hot water, i wring out all the water and then wipe and pat my entire face down with it. It's like a mini-facial and my face is left feeling perfectly moisturized and smooth feeling. My skin looks so healthy and clean and no more redness from the reactions I get from using other products (great for sensitive skin). When I wake up in the morning I don't even need to wash my face at all so I only cleanse at night with ultra-bland. LOVE this product. BIG PLUS for replacing the old peanut oil formula with ALMOND OIL which is very healthy for the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by leanneseager

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how come this doesn't work as well for me as it does for everyone else! personally, I prefer cleansing with olive oil mixed with castor oil WAY more that i like this. not to mention olive cleanse is much cheaper. i feel like you have to use way to much of this stuff, and its a pretty little pot of product. it's too hard for me to completely get off, even with a hot cloth. i was expecting it to be a more natural version of ponds cold cream. which i do like. but this isn't really similar. this is hard to rub over the skin. i was really hoping the price would justify but i will go back to cleansing with oil and then with bioderma :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this product today because of all the good reviews I heard.. So far I think the product is okay but I dont think it's the best makeup remover out there. It took me a while to get my mascara off. Other than that, it does feel good on the face. But I dont think I'll be repurchasing this product. Sorry Lush, I think I'll go back to using clinique's "take the day off cleansing balm" after I finish this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I normally use oil based cleansers like Shu Uemura's cleansing oils etc., so I bought this as a travel-less-likely-to-spill-luggage-friendly alternative to my usual oil cleansers I put a bit on and remove it with hot water on a muslin cloth (like I do with my oil cleansers). For those who has residue problems, hot water and cloth/cotton wool pads is your answer. I was very happy with the resulting finish, skin felt soft, it's not broken me out yet but I will update if it does. Also, thinking about price, its 10 for 100g which seems reasonable as I normally pay 20+ for my make up removers, I'm going to see how long it takes me to get through a pot and compare that to 150ml of shu's oil and see what works out cheaper for your buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this but it broke my face out! Ultrabland smells like peanut butter probably from the peanut oil, and when you rub it on your face it leaves a heavy oily residue that water alone will not remove. If you have dry skin with no acne this product would probably be great for that glowing effect, but for oily skin I would not recommend. Oh and I wear liquid foundation and this did not remove my makeup whatsoever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kayyxx

A sales assistant at Lush reccomended this to me as my skin has broke out in lots of spots since i got pregnant. It works brilliant and leaves my skin feeling super soft! I use it in the mornings before Nivea Visage toner and Nivea soft moisturiser and my skin feels clean and refreshed all day. Will definately repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

(Just a warning - this is long, but detailed! Read it if you want to heal redness!!)

I don't really like this product as a make-up remover, but I LOVE it as a morning cleanser.
First: Why I don't like it for removing make-up. I find that, while it removes my eye shadow and liner easily, it takes a lot of rubbing and multiple cotton pads to remove foundation, and I don't even use waterproof! Even when I put toner on the cotton pads, I still feel the need to use a regular cleanser and make-up remover afterwards, because there is still makeup on my face. For removing mascara, it takes a while, and splashing your lashes with water first makes all the difference.
I recommend it for morning use, to cleanse without stripping your face of moisture. Which brings me to...

Why I love it! It is so softening and healing, and works so well, so quickly. I use it alone as a morning cleanser, removing it with a cotton pad with a dab of witch hazel on it. OH MY LORD, zero redness or dryness on my face afterwards, all day!
Usually, even my very gentlest cleansers leave me a little red - my teenage skin is very prone to redness, scarring, uneven tone, etc. But this healed and smoothed everything over, instantly!
After removing it with the witch hazel toner there doesn't seem to be much of a residue, but my face does feel smoother and softer. No break-outs so far, and I've been using it for a couple weeks.

I just started using this as MOISTURIZER too, even though it's sold as a cleanser. My skin is really dry in the winter, and I find myself re-applying moisturizer all day. This stuff is so rich, but doesn't make my skin greasy or oily! HOORAY FOR MULTI-PURPOSE PRODUCTS!

I cannot recommend this enough for anyone with dry skin, redness or scarring that they find just won't heal!! If you react to heavy oils, though (then again, I used to think I did, but maybe I just wasn't using the right ones), you might want to try a sample before purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by LadyVagabond

I am OBSESSED with this.

Nothing (& I mean NOTHING) has made my skin glow like Ultrabland. My acne is totally gone, & my combo skin (normal oily t-zone, & super dry cheeks & chin with amazing acne) has evened out A LOT, & just in general feels much happier. I can't believe I didn't try this glorious goody sooner!

A note to the reviewers who are hating on it because it doesn't wash off.... it is an oil cleanser... it CANNOT BE WASHED OFF. It has to be wiped with cotton or a facial cloth. Washing it with water is totally futile.

I am using only this at night (I don't wash my face in the morning), & my skin has never been happier!

LOVE LOVE LOVE.