LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 2/21/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Ultrabland is touted by Lush staff as their 'must-have' product - it claims to work as a universal cleanser for removing makeup and calming problem skin. After hearing the shop staff praise Ultrabland so highly I decided to try a small pot and see for myself if this truly worked. Costing just over 6 for a small pot that has so far lasted me months and months, it's in the more affordable category of skin product, so it's not a disaster if it doesn't work for you.
There seems to be some confusing about how best to use Ultrabland, so this is what I do. First I use a regular makeup wipe to remove the majority of my makeup - foundation, eyeliner, mascara and all. I take a small amount of Ultrabland in my fingers - a small amount goes a long way as it does initially feel oily and waxy - then rub all over my face, wherever I would have applied makeup. For anyone with oily skin like mine it is initially a shock since it feels so greasy, but this is only temporary. I then use my Clarisonic Mia gently all over my face for 60 seconds then wipe dry with a clean towel. If you don't have a Clarisonic or skin brush a warm face flannel thoroughly wrung out and works just as well. After drying, I spray Lush's Tea Tree Toner a few times on a cotton round and wipe all over my face to remove any last traces of Ultrabland. Your face should now be feeling clean and smelling good!
Initially I didn't like Ultrabland as it felt so horribly greasy on my already oily skin, but then realised it does need removing with a small amount of water (Clarisonic or damp flannel) to get rid of the greasiness, whilst a good toner for your skin type takes care of any leftover residue (Lush's toners are great, there's one for everyone). My skin feels much cleaner and calmer after using it, I can't go to bed after just using a makeup wipe on my skin and calling it a night.
The only negatives for me are that it can be messy and time-consuming to use every night, especially since it's a waxier product, although I am a fan of lazy girl skincare and don't want to spend too long prepping my skin before bedtime. The second is that like Ultrabalm, it does have the slightest gritty feel to it which doesn't affect the skin abrasively in the slightest but a smooth formula would be better. Both products have similar ingredients so it's not surprising; though it isn't really a huge issue.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking to revamp their evening cleansing routine - those with drier skin may like to use it in the morning too - this is a unique product which has the potential to do wonders for problem skin when used correctly.

on 2/16/2013 12:13:00 PM

I need a cleanser to remove makeup. I think this might be a better alternative for me than Alboline or coconut oil for the face. Those are both too heavy and thick for my face, (but great for the rest of my body). This is also heavy, but not as much so, and removes makeup just as well. I am also considering 9 to 5 from lush hoping that will be less heavy, but serve the same purpose. I am concerned about allergic reaction, as I am with any product that goes near my eyes and face, and as I am with any new products I try. Ultra bland seems ok so far in that sense, at least for me.

on 2/3/2013 7:43:00 PM

Sorry no no no! Greasy skin is not a good look. Impossible to remove and sticky and horrible. feels like your cleansing with lip balm which isn't a nice comforting feeling! Did nothing for my skin but make me feel more dirty than I was before I cleansed! LUSH I love you but ultra bland is ultra crap!

on 1/29/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is an interesting product. i have never come acrosss something to similar to it before. this product is very versitile and can be used as more than a facial cleanser.
i bought this the other night and i was so exited i practically ran into my bathroom to use it! and i found that the result was kinda cool. it was a bit greasy but after i used it i used another bar to cleanse my face a little more (dove bar- sensitvie skin) and once i dried my face off my skin was very very moisturized. i didnt even need to put any lotion on as i normally do after washing my face. i just went stright to bed. when i woke up the next morning my face was a little shiney so i would use this as a night time cleanser. but it works really well and i will probably be using once or twice a week now to help keep my skin nice and hydrated. i dont think its something one should use evry night unless u have seveerly dry skin. this product also takes makup off quiet nicely so thats a big plus. any of you that are considering buying this or do and ahve stoped using it, try what i did and u may find yoursef liking ultra blend more than u did befor or by any other method because i noticed some were saying it was to greasy. and if you are not the person whowants to use two cleansers in a row try using a tiny bit of this or cleaning some of this off with a toner after us eing ( try lush tea tree toner)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm nearly 39 and have been battling with moderate adult acne for the last decade. I always seemed to have a few spots and at least one would be cystic.

I used to use the Acne Cure regimen, but it's designed for teenagers, and my ageing dry cheeks and fine lines couldn't cope with it.

So about a year ago, I decided to abandon all complications and just cleanse, tone and moisturise.

My skin hasn't looked this good since I was a (non-acne-afflicted!) teenager.

I use Lancome's iconic bi-phase remover to take off my mascara and my HG eyeliner, Urban Decay 24/7.

Then I give myself a facial massage with Ultrabland. Really work it into both surface make-up and the skin with the pads of my fingertips.

Then I use a microfibre cloth or muslin or even a cotton towelling washcloth, soaked in hot but bearable water and then wrung out until it's barely damp, to remove every last smear of the Ultrabland (and my make-up) thoroughly.

Then I apply Lush's tea tree toner all over my face with a cotton pad.

Then I use Heal Gel by The Firm only where I need it: on my cheeks, upper lip and eyeids and undereyes.

My skin is glowing these days and people tell me I look ten years younger. My spot scarring has gone and I almost never get zits any more. Nor do I get dry batches or tiny bumps beneath the surface of the skin.

If you're not getting good results from this cleanser, I can only think you're not removing it correctly. It's an oil and therefore sticky: don't leave it on the surface of your skin ready to attract dirt.

on 1/22/2013 2:24:00 PM

PLEASE READ!

This is an absolute MIRACLE product!!!!

Before you write this product off because of the negative reviews on here, please read this. Ultrabland is literally a godsent. This little pot of beeswax and honey is a practically a cure-all for any skin condition. Pretty much the ONLY way not to like this is if you're not removing it correctly, which about 75% of people are guilty of.

I work at Lush shop and I never paid much attention to this product. I use 9 to 5, good enough for me! Then last week I had a horrible, horrible reaction to a medicine I took for rosacea. My skin broke out in a rash so severe people stared at me. I was covered in red bumps, my skin was raw and flakey, and I was ashamed. I tried everything, more Lush cleansers, cetaphil, aveeno, steroid creams, and it only made it worse. Then my manager came up to me in the shop and said she would fix it with ultrabland. She massaged a nickel sized amount in my sore, bumpy skin for about 4 minutes until it was even and not sticky. Then she removed it with toner-water soaked cotton rounds for about 2 minutes, and finally she placed a warm washcloth over my face for a minute. The SECOND she was done, my skin was about 75% clear. The rosacea bumps, the rash, the flakiness was GONE. Not covered up, I had no makeup on! It was literally clear skin. I was worried it would "wear off" and I would wake up and be bumpy again but my skin only looks brighter today. And thats after one use people. Give this product a shot, it literally saved my skin.

It works so well because of the honey. Honey is antibacterial and anti inflammatory, so while its going deeep into your pores, its clearing out all the bacterial, makeup, grime, and gunk and also reducing redness and irriation. It's also good for oily skin because oil attracts oil, so yes even though it is oily, it's pulling alllll the gross oils out of your skin.

Remove it correctly and there is literally no way NOT to like this product.

If you have doubts, ask the associates at your Lush shop to do it for you in store! we will =)

Ultra Bland has been a staple product for the past 4 years. I do not use it everyday though. It is my cleanser when I need to remove makeup. It can make your face a bit greasy if you use too much so a little definitely goes a long way. I use it to protect our face when dyeing our hair. I also love warming a tiny dab in my palms and applying to the ends of my hair and part to stop flyaway on windy days. Only a tiny bit though or it might make your hair greasy. One summer we went to the beach I got a really bad sunburn on my shoulders and didn't have anything to put on it for the ride home. I applied a thin layer to the burn and it soothed my skin. Now we do this every summer if we get a bit red and it seems to prevent that horrible peeling.

I bought a small tub of this and used it for various things - eye make-up remover when travelling, general cleanser, to line my face when dying my hair with the Lush Henna (as suggested in Lush Times). It just wasn't for me. As an eye-make up remover, it's okay, but I was wary because it's creamy and moisturizing, and my eye-lids are quite oily enough as it is. As general cleanser, again, quite moisturizing, which can be great for some skin types but I didn't like the after-feel personally.

As far as lining my face for henna smears while dying my hair, it was GREAT, but it was also too expensive for that single purpose (nowadays I tend to use a cheap basic creme to line my face, as it does the same job equally well).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I have oily acne prone skin and I have tried EVERYTHING! proactive, cliniques acne system and 3 step system TONS of drug store acne cleansers aswell as ance medicine and hormonal medication. I randomly walked into lush for the first time and the very helpful woman told me to try Ultra bland and it cleared up my acne is a week! I just started using it with there tea tree water toner and grease lightning and with these products my pours look so much smaller! this stuff really works and its so soft and soothing on the skin no irritation. I LOVE LUSH!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :) pick some up and you will be glad you did

on 12/30/2012 2:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a great nighttime cleanser. I bought the small tub in March and am only about halfway through with it, so I think it's a great value. I have acne-prone combination skin and don't find that this product makes my skin feel greasy at all - I first wet my face then use a finger's worth on my face, occasionally grabbing a second as needed. A little goes a long way with this, so I would guess that those who feel greasy after using this either use more than necessary or don't remove it correctly. I've tried using this in the shower and found that water alone wasn't sufficient to remove it, so I just use a wet washcloth over my sink and that takes care of it. Ultra Bland is also excellent at removing make up, and is gentle enough to use on my eyes as well. I like to follow this with Lush's Tea Tree Toner.