LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I have oily acne prone skin and I have tried EVERYTHING! proactive, cliniques acne system and 3 step system TONS of drug store acne cleansers aswell as ance medicine and hormonal medication. I randomly walked into lush for the first time and the very helpful woman told me to try Ultra bland and it cleared up my acne is a week! I just started using it with there tea tree water toner and grease lightning and with these products my pours look so much smaller! this stuff really works and its so soft and soothing on the skin no irritation. I LOVE LUSH!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :) pick some up and you will be glad you did

on 12/30/2012 2:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a great nighttime cleanser. I bought the small tub in March and am only about halfway through with it, so I think it's a great value. I have acne-prone combination skin and don't find that this product makes my skin feel greasy at all - I first wet my face then use a finger's worth on my face, occasionally grabbing a second as needed. A little goes a long way with this, so I would guess that those who feel greasy after using this either use more than necessary or don't remove it correctly. I've tried using this in the shower and found that water alone wasn't sufficient to remove it, so I just use a wet washcloth over my sink and that takes care of it. Ultra Bland is also excellent at removing make up, and is gentle enough to use on my eyes as well. I like to follow this with Lush's Tea Tree Toner.

on 12/9/2012 1:42:00 AM

I really wanted to like this because the ingredients sounded so nice, but it just seemed to have the consistency of beeswax, like it was quite difficult to spread over my face and then there was a fair bit of dragging to try and get it off, I had to use a face cloth as well, I don't think you could get it all off with water but I think it wasn't designed for that. My skin looked okay afterwards and it didn't seem to add to any breakouts, but I imagine if you didn't get it all off properly, which was quite an effort, you could get clogged pores from it.

on 12/2/2012 7:47:00 AM

I've been using this product for almost a year. I feel that it works very thoroughly and gently and doesn't make my face feel dry afterwards. I use it to remove my makeup (I don't wear a lot of makeup, foundation and powder, no eye makeup except the occasional mascara, so I can't attest to how well it removes heavier/longlasting makeup) and also to cleanse my skin. I massage it into my skin and wipe off with cottonwool pads damp with warm water (this might be psychological, but I find it doesn't work so well with cold water - warm is soothing but also removes the product better.. I think). I follow with rosewater and teatree oil to tone my skin and a moisturiser. It does feel a bit *weird* at first, and unlike any other cleanser I've used. But I do have acne-prone skin (that's also prone to dehydration and dryness) and since I have switched to this gentle (but thorough) cleansing routine, my spots have all but gone.
(FYI after reading other reviews, I'm in the non-peanut oil ultrabland camp. I don't know if that's an American addition? But certainly my UK-purchased pot is peanut-free)

on 11/30/2012 12:32:00 AM

Smells pleasant and glides easily over the skin. I massage it in for about two minutes before I wipe it off with a tissue and then follow up with another cleanser. Removes every speck of water-resistant sunscreen and bb cream, however, it still breaks me out in tiny bumps. Maybe I'll come back to this when my skin is drier. Also plumps the skin around my eyes very well, which is bad for me since it makes me look like I have eye bags. Really wanted it to work for me!

on 11/22/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is perfect. I have very dry skin and I usually use Hy Ol from Babor, which is an oil-based cleanser. Ultrabland is also an oil-based cleanser, but it has a different consistency. It's thick like sticky body butter. I always take a peanut size of the stuff. It melts on my face. Then I take it of with a washcloth soaked in hot water.
I found that is the only way to remove; cotton pads and water only don't do the job.
I used it to remove my Halloween-make-up and it slid right off.

on 11/5/2012 6:40:00 AM

I started using Ultrabland about three weeks ago after seeing it in Lush but never having heard of it before. The sticker on the pot says that people with 'really problem skin' should use nothing but Ultrabland for a month. Having oily, spot-prone skin, I decided to give it a go. I apply Ultrabland both morning and night to dry skin and remove it with a warm flannel.
It removes my foundation well but I use a separate eye-makeup remover. I have noticed a massive difference to how oily my skin gets during the day, I rarely have to blot now whereas it used to be a couple of times a day. The pores on and next to my nose have become much less noticeable, and it has done a good job clearing up the spots on my chin. I still get the odd spot but I keep on just using Ultrabland and it tends to clear up within about 2 days which is much quicker than before.
One downside to this product is that I have had a couple of dry patches on my face since starting to use it so I have had to use a tiny bit of moisturiser, but other than that I have used nothing but Ultrabland. Initially I thought the product seemed expensive but after using i twice a day for almost a month, I have barely made a dent so I think it will last for quite a while.
Overall I would definitely recommend Ultrabland.

on 10/23/2012 1:04:00 AM

This causes my skin to become extremely dry and gave me a rash , it also takes awhile for the makeup to be removed thoroughly.. won't be buying again.

on 10/21/2012 12:05:00 PM

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. I tried using Ultrabland about a week ago because I wanted a cleanser that would do double duty by removing makeup. I normally use Lush's Angels on Bare Skin and love it.

Ultrabland did not work well for me! It brought back my acne. Now I'm trying to fix things by going back to my former routine. >___< These are my results/findings after just 3-4 days of Ultrabland:

PROS
--- easily removed foundation
--- seemed to help get rid of some small bumps on my forehead
--- creates that "squeaky clean" feeling, if you like that (I don't)

CONS
--- made me break out in regular & cystic acne along my cheeks & jaw
--- made me break out in tiny whiteheads (4-6)
--- I kept waking up with an oily T-zone (not normal for me)
--- have to use a washcloth each time to rub it off, which felt abrasive and creates more laundry
--- sucks at removing eye makeup

Overall, maybe this would be better for folks with really dry skin... I'm not sure! I do know a couple girls who are in their 20s and use this with no problem..

on 9/11/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really reticent to use this just because some of LUSH's products (esp. their moisturizers) have broken me out. Ultrabland does not break me out!! Which is awesome in itself. I use it at night to wipe off my makeup. I wipe it off with a damp wash cloth. It doesn't take off all of my foundation, but it takes off most of it. I do remove my eye makeup beforehand because I wear a smokey eye every day and it gets messy. I have to go back over with BOFA toner and a cotton ball to make sure all the residue is off. I'm satisfied with this cleanser because it doesn't break me out, it takes off most of my makeup, and it isn't drying!! I highly recommend this cleanser for people who wear makeup daily with sensitive dry skin like myself.
UPDATE: Just repurchased. Really worth the money IMO it took me a little while to get used to this way of taking my makeup off but it's gentle and effective.