Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 8/2/2011 4:54:00 PM

This is the best Clean & Clear product I have tried. I have used Persa Gel (benzoyl peroxide 5%) and a different sallycilic acid treatment of theirs.

~first off, this product actually smells good
~didn't dry my skin out
~less irritating than the persa gel one
~helped reduce redness, pain and swelling withing 2-3 hours!!!!!
~overnight it works very well, i'm impressed!!!

on 7/25/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this, any spot = gone after I apply it. It's a serious must have for me. I see/feel a reduction in size and pain within 1 hour and it will even shrink some pimple's into a little whitehead within a hour. It's so cheap too, it's about $5 for a tube. I try to apply it a few times a day and it works faster. I also find it seriously lessons scarring too. It's great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used this product on and off for a few years. I used the spot treatment.
It made my skin literally peel and be very scaly. It never dried it out..which is odd considering the main effect that it had.
I would wash my face and apply my makeup and notice specs of skin peeling off, it almost looked like a shimmer, if you didn't look too close. I could never peel all of it off, most of it stuck.

After not using it for three years after that, it just couldn't get the job done. I didn't notice AS MUCH peeling/scaling but it wasn't strong enough to combat any pimples. It would sit on my skin. It never made anything worse but never improved anything.

I still have a tube laying around and I keep forgetting to throw it away.
Never will I try this ever again.

I really like this. I had a huge pimple and I put this on before I went to bed and when i woke up its was GONE! The only down side is that is dries my out sometimes, but a moisturizer fixes it. and I only use this as a spot treatment. I found putting it on my whole face and my skin didn't absorb all of it.
Over all its amazing!

on 7/6/2011 9:10:00 AM

I think it was early June when I had a bad breakout. I rushed to the nearest CVS store and got this. I was scared to try it since having the flakey-dry-red skin was a big deal for me. I was amazed how this HUGE pimple on my chin dried up overnight! It seriously got smaller and the redness somehow faded.

on 6/22/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is for the pointed-end version (clear gel). I can only use this at night as it peels off once it dries, but I like it as a spot treatment. It does work well and I like how the applicator targets the blemish only. I had a tube last over three years the way I was using it. I wouldn't use it during the day, though...it dries to a very shiny, plastic-y peely looking spot wherever it is applied.

on 6/20/2011 8:55:00 PM

I find that while benzyl peroxide is more effective at reducing the size of my blemishes, it is more irritating than salicylic acid. This product does not dry out my skin or cause any sensitivities. It smells nice and also contains alcohol. I don't really mind since I only use this on my forehead and chin. I have clogged pores from sun block, and this reduces my acne and prevents acne scarring. Well the product itself doesn't prevent acne scarring. Not picking at the your pimples and keeping your hands away from them will reduce scarring :)

on 6/18/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love love love! My HG. I couldn't live without this stuff! It just works for my skin. I wake up, and it looks clearer than the night before.

I use it as a nightly treatment, all over my face. However, there are about a million different versions of this, which irritates me.

This product worked wonders on me! I use it every night and every morning after i wash my face and it clears my face of every thing! i have to say i didn't expect much of this product but now its a life saver.

on 6/7/2011 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am always sort of sceptical about these spot treatments and i'm worried they are just gnna try the pimple out and then i'll have flaky skin- i have tried a few but recently picked this up in Boots and they are having a 3 for 2 deal at the moment- i ended up getting this free but i think its around 4.59.

I had a big painful spot on my cupids bow (weeeeird) and it hurt so bad - i was going to go out a buy some sudocreme which is usually what i use for spots but i couldn't find any so i bought this instead...and im so glad i did, it claims to heal in over 4 hours- or help reduce but i noticed a difference in 2 hours or so.

It does sting alittle when you apply- especially if it's an open spot or has been picked at, but it's nothing bothersome and i like that it stings as i know its doing it's job.

I gave a 4 for packaging because the tube is really flimsy and when i squeeze alitte tons comes out, but i do overall like the packaging as it has an easy applicator.

I will be buying this again for sure.