April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Treatments - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This product did absolutely NOTHING for my pimples. I usually don't get them that often, but when I do, they are such a pain. This reduced a bit of the redness from my spots, but that's about it. Didn't decrease the size of them or anything after using it for a good week and a half. I only noticed that my spots increased in size! Such a waste of a product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by hockeygirl14

I don't get acne very much - and when I do I like to get rid of it. This is one of the best spot treatments I've used. It's very effective and you don't need much product at all. For me, I find it works best when I use it more than once a day. It can also be worn under makeup, unlike the similar invisible blemish treatment that clean & clear also makes.
Price wise, I think it's a pretty good value for the product you get - obviously it would be great if it was cheaper, but it's not expensive at all. The hardest part about this product is actually finding it. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by jmsgirl1995

This is a review for the clean and clear advanced spot treatment.

Price- I wish it was cheaper and my drug store discontinued it. the price was about 8 dollars and at some places it was 4 and some as much as 13. I paid 8 for mine.

Does it work?- If you need imidiat relief of acne and acne spot/scaring it does take a few days to actualy start to work. so it you need it to clear it up over night then this product is a waste of money.

If you need it for a special event ( like me i bought this for my sweet 16 so my skin would be semi clear for this event) i started using it 1 month before ( it takes 30-60- says for a product to actualy beging to work for it but you do start to see results after about 2 weeks of cinsistant use.

How much product?- It is a small tube about the size of a victoria's secret lip gloss you do need a pretty good amount of this stuff for it to work good.
for the amount of porduct you get its not worth it, because 1 tube lasted me abot 2 weeks. you are gonna end up spending close to $30 dollars a month on this product!

would i rebuy it? no.because there is so little product in it its just not worth it.
i wish the packaging was not a tube if it was in a jar of maybe a CLEAR see throught bottel then it would be good.

Dont expect this product to work a mirical because its simply not going to do that!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss2087

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite acne treatments that I've used. I use it every day on top of my makeup. It keeps my skin from looking dried out as well as preventing new pimples from forming. I also keep on in my purse in case I notice a break-out while I'm at work. I just put a little on the spot that's breaking out and by the end of the day the pimple is smaller and less red! HIGHLY recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been buying this over and over for years. Great product for someone who doesn't break out often, but big when it does happen. If I feel a pimple start to form and my face start to itch a layer of this usually either takes care of it or makes it much smaller than I would have expected. Using this twice or three times daily when I do get a blemish zaps it within 3 days. It can sting a little but I don't mind it. Product builds up and makes it awkward to put makeup over it, though I try not to wear makeup when I break out anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by aweyhrauch

I am on and off with this product. I will buy it sometimes when I run out, but not all the time. I will probably start to buy it more, because it really does work for me. It does burn when applicated, and does dry out the skin (pimple) and will make it crackly. But you can usually peel that off, gross as it sounds. It says to use it once a day, but I use it more. I do find it to be very affective. For the price and everything, I would say its worth the buy. And if you don't like it, its not to much of a loss of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This is a little miracle worker. I am not usually acne-prone, but every once in awhile I have an unpleasant visitor due to stress or simply because of a blackhead extraction gone awry. This spot treatment works wonders and where ever applied, that pimple is sure to be gone by the next morning.
I like to apply this to freshly steamed and washed skin, which I think allows the product to work more effectively and efficiantly as your pores are open. Again, this is only used on the infected area and as the name suggest is a spot treatment and not for all-over use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by margaretvw

As far as I'm concerned this is no miracle product for treating breakouts. They just take time to heal on their own. This spot treatment does work, just not as quickly as their claims. It might reduce the size and redness of pimples in a short time a slight bit, but not dramatically. I had a pimple in the beginning stages of emerging on my cheek, and after a few days and nights of applying this product it never did come to the surface, essentially stopping it in its tracks and beginning to dry it out. After that it was up to my body how fast the blemish would heal. I think this treatment would be more effective on smaller pimples rather than large, nasty ones. I find the scent to be quite pleasant and not overpowering, and the consistency a smooth gel which goes on and dries completely clear. I have fairly sensitive, combination skin and this is one of the only spot treatments that doesn't dry out my skin. I also use C&C Persa-Gel 5 from time to time and I find that to be almost excessively drying, with my skin peeling and flaking sometimes after just one application. This treatment I can wear under concealer with no evidence that I'm even wearing it. I have no gripes about the packaging but I do find it to be a tad expensive. I purchased mine for $10 at Zellers in Canada. Unless some new product comes out which blows this one away in terms of performance I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by niico9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff works great for me. Every month I get a whitehead (LOL guess why) and this helps greatly in diminishing the size and duration of the breakout. It is strong, I have overused it (applied too much & too often) and made my skin flake. But that was my fault.
Recently I loaned it to my Mom for her to treat a pimple and she reported it worked overnight.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by dsarr0