July 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this product sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. In recent weeks, I have become increasingly unsatisfied with this product. My skin is a combination, where it gets oily extremely easily (mostly T-zone) and dry in other places. I also break out easily. Here are my pros and cons of this product after using it for 4 months.

Pros: does on occasion work on some of my acne (mostly minor acne), reasonable cost, packaging is easy to use and keep clean

Cons: got splotchy spots 3 separate times where I had applied the treatment (stopped treatment for at least 2 days), not a fan of the scent, there is this burn immediately after I apply it (it is tolerable at times), in recent weeks the treatment is no longer as effective as it once was, sometimes after I put on my makeup it is obvious where I had applied the treatment (on occasion I had to peel it off after I put on my makeup), extremely drying even when I only apply it once nightly (I now put moisturizer on first to help lessen the dryness).

I have since thrown this product away because it was really irritating my skin. This product was not ideal for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I breakout quite often on my forehead especially because I have fairly oily skin. This worked the first couple of times and I noticed my pimples becoming a bit smaller but after that, I didn't notice anything. Maybe this product just stopped working for me?? Feels like such a waste since I still have this tube lying around from last year...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

There are many benefits to be had with salicylic acid. It's proven to help reverse aging, helps maintain skin's healthy pH, and of course banishes blemishes. I chose this oil-free 2% salicylic acid formulation above all the others for the gel-like consistency.
This is no spot-treatment to me. I apply it all over my face or I will be playing 'whack a mole' regarding my blemishes that pop up. Plus I like to have the aforementioned benefits all over my face, too.
It does not dry my skin out nearly as bad as benzoyl peroxide. The tube packaging helps ensure the integrity and cleanliness of the product.
This can be pricy depending on where it's bought. But all in all this is a staple in my face care regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is extremely effective in getting rid of large pimples and moderate to severe acne. It dries and stings my skin sometimes but it's extremely effective at getting rid of stubborn pimples that I get once in a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my experience, this product painfully stung for a few minutes when first applied. (On a side note: When the stinging eventually stops, this product also caused a slight "numbing" sensation that makes me feel a little wary about using this stuff on a regular basis.) I would not recommend using this product under makeup. (A smooth makeup application is doomed to fail when using this stuff.) However, it does work if applied several times throughout the day. This is an excellent and affordable spot treatment for people who get occasional blemishes.
EDIT: Use this product with an oil-free moisturizer to prevent dry, flaky patches!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by guineapigness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is great for zits on the drier parts of my face. It doesn't work so well on oily parts. It works well on my orehead, cheeks, and back, but not so well on my nose and chin. I wouldn't recommend this if you have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This product did absolutely NOTHING for my pimples. I usually don't get them that often, but when I do, they are such a pain. This reduced a bit of the redness from my spots, but that's about it. Didn't decrease the size of them or anything after using it for a good week and a half. I only noticed that my spots increased in size! Such a waste of a product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by hockeygirl14

I don't get acne very much - and when I do I like to get rid of it. This is one of the best spot treatments I've used. It's very effective and you don't need much product at all. For me, I find it works best when I use it more than once a day. It can also be worn under makeup, unlike the similar invisible blemish treatment that clean & clear also makes.
Price wise, I think it's a pretty good value for the product you get - obviously it would be great if it was cheaper, but it's not expensive at all. The hardest part about this product is actually finding it. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by jmsgirl1995

This is a review for the clean and clear advanced spot treatment.

Price- I wish it was cheaper and my drug store discontinued it. the price was about 8 dollars and at some places it was 4 and some as much as 13. I paid 8 for mine.

Does it work?- If you need imidiat relief of acne and acne spot/scaring it does take a few days to actualy start to work. so it you need it to clear it up over night then this product is a waste of money.

If you need it for a special event ( like me i bought this for my sweet 16 so my skin would be semi clear for this event) i started using it 1 month before ( it takes 30-60- says for a product to actualy beging to work for it but you do start to see results after about 2 weeks of cinsistant use.

How much product?- It is a small tube about the size of a victoria's secret lip gloss you do need a pretty good amount of this stuff for it to work good.
for the amount of porduct you get its not worth it, because 1 tube lasted me abot 2 weeks. you are gonna end up spending close to $30 dollars a month on this product!

would i rebuy it? no.because there is so little product in it its just not worth it.
i wish the packaging was not a tube if it was in a jar of maybe a CLEAR see throught bottel then it would be good.

Dont expect this product to work a mirical because its simply not going to do that!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss2087

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite acne treatments that I've used. I use it every day on top of my makeup. It keeps my skin from looking dried out as well as preventing new pimples from forming. I also keep on in my purse in case I notice a break-out while I'm at work. I just put a little on the spot that's breaking out and by the end of the day the pimple is smaller and less red! HIGHLY recommended.