Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 8/23/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product works. Reduces my zits and dries 'em out. Buuuuuut, I think it has caused me to break out occasionally. So it loses 2 lippies. Won't repurchase because I want to try a new spot treatment that won't break me out.

on 8/18/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this a few days and it is great! Clears up really bad spots in two days and my skin is already clearer! I like the fact that you can't swlee it and you can wear makeup under or over it! Good size for my handbag will get again!

on 8/17/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought this stuff was working at first. It turns out that it at first, in a way. I don't know, I think it was simply making my zits looks less apparent, then after a week or so it would appear that it wasn't working at all. Waste of money. Doesn't anything work without drying the hell out of your skin like BP? God, I hate acne.

on 8/15/2011 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So for some reason this particular spot treatment has been floating around me and my friends' circle for a while. Whenever we opened a drawer or cosmetic case in the bathroom, it was always there. And although we all had it, it was always, "Well does it work?"
"You have it, don't you? I actually don't know."
"Yeah, well...." And insert some excuse like I never wear it, or I can't tell.
I think the best answer is "I don't know". Because I've had this spot treatment since my skin was just beginning to break out. My skin condition has gone from oily to combination to dry in a matter of five years. And throughout, I've strangely kept this treatment. I think it's because when you put it on, it feels like it's working. But with all three skin types, it did absolutely nada for my skin. Didn't make it worse didn't make it better. It was like the invisible treatment.

But I heard they redid the formula, so good for them if it finally works!

Pro's: The packaging is great. It also tingles right when you put it on to feel it's working.
Con's: Does not work, at all. It makes me lost faith in all other Clean n Clear products.

I have a few pimples on my forehead due to my bangs, so this seemed like a perfect product.

I've had my face completely clean of makeup, and my bangs clipped back for 3 days now since I started using it, and there's been no change.

It was only $7, but I wish I could exchange it for something else.

on 8/7/2011 11:59:00 PM

This was amazing. I put it on any pimple and SHAZAM! It's reduced redness, swelling, and has already dried up with an hour (:
I totally recommend this product and guess what? I have sensitive skin, which is fabulous news to know that I can actually use an acne problem without getting r eallyflaky or raw skin. Semi cheap, great for just popping in your purse (: WARNING: If you overapply, your skin may get a little flaky, so I suggest only appling at night, then use a moisturizer in the morning.

on 8/2/2011 4:54:00 PM

This is the best Clean & Clear product I have tried. I have used Persa Gel (benzoyl peroxide 5%) and a different sallycilic acid treatment of theirs.

~first off, this product actually smells good
~didn't dry my skin out
~less irritating than the persa gel one
~helped reduce redness, pain and swelling withing 2-3 hours!!!!!
~overnight it works very well, i'm impressed!!!

on 7/25/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this, any spot = gone after I apply it. It's a serious must have for me. I see/feel a reduction in size and pain within 1 hour and it will even shrink some pimple's into a little whitehead within a hour. It's so cheap too, it's about $5 for a tube. I try to apply it a few times a day and it works faster. I also find it seriously lessons scarring too. It's great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used this product on and off for a few years. I used the spot treatment.
It made my skin literally peel and be very scaly. It never dried it out..which is odd considering the main effect that it had.
I would wash my face and apply my makeup and notice specs of skin peeling off, it almost looked like a shimmer, if you didn't look too close. I could never peel all of it off, most of it stuck.

After not using it for three years after that, it just couldn't get the job done. I didn't notice AS MUCH peeling/scaling but it wasn't strong enough to combat any pimples. It would sit on my skin. It never made anything worse but never improved anything.

I still have a tube laying around and I keep forgetting to throw it away.
Never will I try this ever again.

I really like this. I had a huge pimple and I put this on before I went to bed and when i woke up its was GONE! The only down side is that is dries my out sometimes, but a moisturizer fixes it. and I only use this as a spot treatment. I found putting it on my whole face and my skin didn't absorb all of it.
Over all its amazing!