August 30, 2014 | 1818 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Vanessaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am always sort of sceptical about these spot treatments and i'm worried they are just gnna try the pimple out and then i'll have flaky skin- i have tried a few but recently picked this up in Boots and they are having a 3 for 2 deal at the moment- i ended up getting this free but i think its around 4.59.

I had a big painful spot on my cupids bow (weeeeird) and it hurt so bad - i was going to go out a buy some sudocreme which is usually what i use for spots but i couldn't find any so i bought this instead...and im so glad i did, it claims to heal in over 4 hours- or help reduce but i noticed a difference in 2 hours or so.

It does sting alittle when you apply- especially if it's an open spot or has been picked at, but it's nothing bothersome and i like that it stings as i know its doing it's job.

I gave a 4 for packaging because the tube is really flimsy and when i squeeze alitte tons comes out, but i do overall like the packaging as it has an easy applicator.

I will be buying this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I love this! The only thing that keeps my acne under control (my acne never goes away). I am on a medication that gives me terrible chin/jaw acne, and if I use this twice a day, I only have bumps instead of giant, red, festering pimples. My acne never goes away, but I am so happy that this medicine keeps it under control. I used to use BP, but this works sooooo much better. I also think this smells much, much better. It smells bad when you first put it on, but the smell lessens after wearing it for a while. I have discovered that it works on top of or under my makeup. As long as I put it on twice a day. I sometimes get lazy and skip a day, and I regret it every time. The acne looks like "pizza chin" in just that short time. I am so glad this product is available.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by a90fam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this product for a week so I can't say much for it's full effectiveness. I did however notice that on the first day I applied this to my active acne, it reduced the redness within a few hours. I re-applied that following morning and again that night and I noticed that a few of the red bumps are no longer red but have erupted into white heads. I'm not sure if this product is meant to surface the pimples in order for it to heal..

I bought it for almost $AUD10 so it is rather expensive but I'll continue to use this product for a little longer, if it doesn't help I'm trying out the Mario Badescu line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am pretty much always amazed by this product - it is a MIRACLE WORKER. I have always had good skin however I do tend to have occasional acne. For me, this product works best on pimples that show up on my nose where my skin is most oily. I usually get a small red spot heralding the imminent arrival of a zit, but if I apply a small dab of this, the spot will generally disappear overnight. It does not burn on me and while it does have a mild alcoholish scent, it does not bother me or linger. It mattes down pretty well and I have no issues with applying makeup or sunblock on top.

The packaging is great. Comes in a foil tube which means you can squeeze out the tiny amount needed. Not the prettiest packaging but it does the job. Amount is generous - at the rate I use it, the one tube will last me years and years provided it doesn't spoil. Cost is pretty cheap as it is a drugstore brand. I would happily buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this product sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. In recent weeks, I have become increasingly unsatisfied with this product. My skin is a combination, where it gets oily extremely easily (mostly T-zone) and dry in other places. I also break out easily. Here are my pros and cons of this product after using it for 4 months.

Pros: does on occasion work on some of my acne (mostly minor acne), reasonable cost, packaging is easy to use and keep clean

Cons: got splotchy spots 3 separate times where I had applied the treatment (stopped treatment for at least 2 days), not a fan of the scent, there is this burn immediately after I apply it (it is tolerable at times), in recent weeks the treatment is no longer as effective as it once was, sometimes after I put on my makeup it is obvious where I had applied the treatment (on occasion I had to peel it off after I put on my makeup), extremely drying even when I only apply it once nightly (I now put moisturizer on first to help lessen the dryness).

I have since thrown this product away because it was really irritating my skin. This product was not ideal for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I breakout quite often on my forehead especially because I have fairly oily skin. This worked the first couple of times and I noticed my pimples becoming a bit smaller but after that, I didn't notice anything. Maybe this product just stopped working for me?? Feels like such a waste since I still have this tube lying around from last year...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

There are many benefits to be had with salicylic acid. It's proven to help reverse aging, helps maintain skin's healthy pH, and of course banishes blemishes. I chose this oil-free 2% salicylic acid formulation above all the others for the gel-like consistency.
This is no spot-treatment to me. I apply it all over my face or I will be playing 'whack a mole' regarding my blemishes that pop up. Plus I like to have the aforementioned benefits all over my face, too.
It does not dry my skin out nearly as bad as benzoyl peroxide. The tube packaging helps ensure the integrity and cleanliness of the product.
This can be pricy depending on where it's bought. But all in all this is a staple in my face care regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is extremely effective in getting rid of large pimples and moderate to severe acne. It dries and stings my skin sometimes but it's extremely effective at getting rid of stubborn pimples that I get once in a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my experience, this product painfully stung for a few minutes when first applied. (On a side note: When the stinging eventually stops, this product also caused a slight "numbing" sensation that makes me feel a little wary about using this stuff on a regular basis.) I would not recommend using this product under makeup. (A smooth makeup application is doomed to fail when using this stuff.) However, it does work if applied several times throughout the day. This is an excellent and affordable spot treatment for people who get occasional blemishes.
EDIT: Use this product with an oil-free moisturizer to prevent dry, flaky patches!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by guineapigness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is great for zits on the drier parts of my face. It doesn't work so well on oily parts. It works well on my orehead, cheeks, and back, but not so well on my nose and chin. I wouldn't recommend this if you have oily skin.