November 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by green25

I guess I am the minority on this one. But I just purchased this lipstick based on the superb reviews and pictures and I am l shocked it is completely awful. After purchasing this lipstick (my first lipstick from MAC) I had to do a little research on their lipstick finishes because the finish/texture/formula of this lipstick is awful.

It's like oily and the color is not quite opaque, then of course applying more layers, I look like a clown.
Pink is my favorite color and it has always complimented my skin tone ALWAYS (NC50)

Anywho, I learned my lesson, became familiar with Mac lipstick finishes and by far the best are the SATIN and MATTES.
The Satin is the typical finish of a lipstick, judging from other lipsticks I've purchased that's usually the standard texture. Anyway, Mac's best finish Satin and they only have very few lipsticks with that texture...Shame

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by MegamiMoon

I'm usually a nude lip/dramatic eye kind of girl, but I fell in love with fuchsia and figured, "why not?" when I laid eyes on Girl About Town. It's a super-high impact hot hot hot pink shade that's sure to turn heads. I think every girl should have an unexpected lip color in her makeup armory that packs a punch and this is definitely the color for me. On a sexy night out, I pair it with black winged liner for a flirty, mysterious look. In addition to the amazing, highly pigmented color, GAT has a velvety-smooth texture and applies consistently and evenly. Definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've worn this 3 times.... I have about 20 full on lippies and when I want something full on I always reach for this... That's a good sign for me as I usually pick eyes!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeupfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is so nice! I typically am more of a baby pink lipstick wearer, but this liptick took me out of my comfort zone and I loved it! I wore it on a night out and i felt like i stood out in a good way (i hope lol!) my friend also used it and she looked great! :) Definitely go pick this up to add to your MAC lipstick collection, you won't regret it, it has also kickstarted me on lipsticks that are a little more vibrant, next I need MAC's Show Orchid! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wanted show orchid but this was the only one they had that was similar since show orchid is a pro product. I was wanting a Hot Pink, instead I got a berry fuschia. This shade doesn't work for my skin color it looks like a berry shade or sometimes even red BUT I had a few friends with more deeper complexion and it looked AMAZING it was sooo pink on them! It looked like an actual pink shade it was very vivid and pretty on them. I highly recommend this for tan skin as it'll look more pink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I totally heart this lipstick. It's such a vibrant pink with purple undertones on my lips. It reminds me a lot of NYX Chloe but the formula is better and it lasts much longer than NYX l/s.

Perfect color for spring & summer months.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Akatude1908

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this color. I am a caramel complected African American and I absolutely love how this looks on my skin with a very nude eye/lashes.
Perfect for those nights out when you want to turn heads.
This formula is very moisturizing and wears for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow this color is sexy! and perfect for spring/summer as far as im concerned. It really lights up my face, im nc45 mixed with nc50 in mac and it looks great against my caramel complexion. I'm pretty sure it would look great on anyone that's brave enough to wear it. I like to wear this with magenta lip liner and revlon's shine city clear gloss in the middle of my bottom lip to give it extra sparkle and i turn heads like it's no tomorrow. Even without the extra gloss it looks great bc it is an amplified lipstick so it wears comfortably on the lips although for extra caution i wear the prep and prime lip for superior results. Love this color and will keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went to the MAC counter inside my school's bookstore (yeah, that's right, we have a MAC in our campus bookstore, lol) with an appointment to try out the Quite Cute collection. I had my heart set on Candy Yum Yum, but as with everywhere else, it was sold out. I was browsing the other lipsticks looking for another bright fuchsia or magenta color, and this just jumped out at me. I had it applied as part of a look, and I was really impressed. The color was vibrant, but not neon on my cool, fair skin. It worked well my dark hair and hazel eyes, and it's perfect for the look I have planned for an upcoming wedding. Furthermore, this stuff LASTS! I applied at 11, and it survived several hours, including lunch and an afternoon snack. It wasn't too drying on me, but was wearing chopstick and a lip primer underneath-- I always have to have chopstick, as I have full lips that I chew on constantly. I plan on pairing it with a pinky, cool tone blush (Dollymix or Giggly) and I know that this is going to look great. Would def. buy agin : )

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

oh I love this so much!I was lemming bright pink/fuschia lipstick that doesn't look ashy on my NC42 skin tone,after reading review and swatch over and over again,finally I went to MAC store and try the tester myself,it's so flattering my skin tone!!