December 21, 2014 | 1657 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by pandaxen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone, sensitive and combination skin- oily at the T zone and dry on my cheeks, this product did wonders for my skin! I used this product once a day, at night. Ive tried using it in the morning but makeup doesnt go on very well after that, plus it made my skin a little flaky so I went back to once a day. A pea size is all you need for the whole face, and a tube lasted me for about 4 months (I cut it open and got every last bit). Upon application it does sting a little esp where you have pimples but it subsides after a while. Within 3 weeks my face was clear! The tiny blackheads on my nose were gone, my cheeks are smooth and no more tiny bumps on my forehead.

After my skin cleared up I thought I could try other products- I used another night cream for 1 month, and my face started to get tiny bumps and I could feel pimples forming again. So now Im back on it, I wont be switching my night cream any time soon, its my HG (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A gentle yet effective treatment for blemishes. Works best if I lightly spray the thermal spring water after this gel has totally dried first.
Not good for wearing under makeup- mineral makeup will not cover it, and concealer balls. Much better than proactive which was GREAT but felt toxic and acid-y, and actually backfired on me after my skin became used to it.
This product has mostly beautiful non toxic ingredients, which is why it's soothing and doesn't feel like it's drying the hell out of the treated area's in the process.
Love it, it's all I need now.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by mujipencilcase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't feel I have benefited from it, I still get recurring spots and blackheads. Plus, it stings my faces a little but more after I've put on a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works for me BUT only if i use it at night after cleansing (with neutrogena cleanser/mask). By the morning after i have washed it off, my skin will be noticeably clearer.
When i first purchased this product i tried to use under makeup like it suggests, but did not sit well under makeup at all! Balls up and gives uneven texture. So i use the Avene 'Anti-shine regulating lotion' under makeup which is much nicer as long as you let it dry properly before applying makeup. I will purchase again but it is very expensive (in Australia it's approx $30) for such a small amount - i go through it too quickly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by joccee

It broke me out the first time i used this . However, I decided to give it another try since i'm waiting for my AHA gel to be shipped over . I do agree that upon drying, there's a shinny sheen on my skin. But, i believe it does a lil work of moisturizing, as well as lightening my blemishes.. This gel does stings your skin a lil, which is because of the AHA & BHA it contained. Fom what i know, AHA & BHA acts like an exfoliants on the surface of your skin, in turn lighten your blemishes.

However, i'll not buy this again because of the price. =) But i must say that Avene carries a good line of gentle products for sensitive skin people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as part of my regimine with Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser, the purfying lotion and the Cleanance regulating lotion and it has completely cleared my acne. I am in love with the Avene line and will never use anything else ever again- my Holy Grail routine.
I have the odd blemish like any one else now, but before my skin really was a mess. Within a week of using this and the other products I mentioned, my spots were gone and my skin was clear and smooth.
It doesn't irritate my senstive skin at all- even the toner (I have had big problems with toners stinging- every one I have tried! Except Avene)
It really does what it promises. Not too expensive as it lasts forever- like all Avene products (the Cleanance regulating lotion runs out faster I find, as you need to use more).
Give it a go if you have senstive but spotty skin- or even if it's not sensitive.
I am so pleased I tried this as like I said- my HG now!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by bellefish

Must say, I am quite disappointed with this product. I have many other Avene products that I absolutely love. On a positive note, I really love how this smells. I find my skin a bit stingy after applying this. My skin got a shinny sheen to it after using it. I broke out. I do think this is the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the Avene Cleanance K used for treating blemishes and blackheads. I used this product for the months running upto my wedding day and I have to say that on the big day I did not have one spot! Hurrah! My skin is sensitive, dry/combo and I suffer with breakouts around that time of the month in my t-zone. I used this day and night on any spots/zits/blemishes/bumps that appeared and it wasn't a magic overnight fix, but after a day or two it did reduce and eventually rid me of any spots. It is a gel which comes in a hygienic squeeze tube. The gel itself is whiteish in colour and does tingle/sting on application. It also leaves a sticky residue and creates slight balling when make-up is applied over it. Overall a good product, I would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Have used this for two months.
My forehead is bumpy, red, clogged, and my chin and jawline is full of white pimples. It's worse than before I started this stuff (and yes, I used an SPF with it). I'm really, really unhappy that I wasted NZ$40 on something which has made me look uglier than I did in the first place. :~(
Edited to update: Tried this again last night just in case it was hormonal before. It has burned my face and made it swell and go dry and crack. Going in the bin. This stuff is just dangerous.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by khogg047

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for about 4 weeks and I love it. I have these little white bumps you can barely see on my chin which eventually turn into pimples after a couple of months. These pimples are red, painful and sometimes turn into whiteheads. I noticed that not only are these little white bumps disappearing, but also decreased the lifespan of my pimples by about 50%.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCT
This product is only a treatment so should only be applied to affected areas. You should use another moisturizer on the rest of your face. It is designed to treat blackheads, whiteheads and moderate acne. It claims to cleanse and tighten pores, absorb and regulate oils, and have a fluid and non-greasy texture. It contains:
-50% thermal water (soothing, anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating)
-Curcubito Pepto extract, zinc gluconate and CTAB (oil regulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial)
-6% glycolic acid, 2%lactic acid, and 0.1% salicylic acid (keratolytic)
NOTE
To those who have been having bad reactions to this product, it may be because your skin is sensitive to the glycolic acid. This acid is a major exfoliant and therefore can irritate skin.