Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.7

on 5/30/2010 1:28:00 AM

I will never use anything else again, this stuff is divine. Like the reviewers already said, it's not really so expensive when you find out how far it goes and how much product it spares. I got tired of the drug store cotton pads disintegrating in use. These pads make me feel like a star. I hardly had to use any product and they can be cut smaller or flipped around to use more areas. They are luxury. I don't think they will end up being more expensive in the long run. I just returned some cheap ones to Walgreens because they literally disintegrated in my hand before I even got to my face with it with lotion on it. (Some organic brand). I tried Kroger brand squares yesterday, cheaper than ever. These S. squares are a luxury I will make sure I never have to do without. I love them. I hardly used a drop or two of liquid on them instead of a capful. Fantastic. They are bigger rectangles than you get at the drug store, too. They almost feel like felt and are as thick, and so very soft, soft and thick and larger. Divine.

on 5/26/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You may ask $9.50 for cotton pads?! What in the world...? Well, in Shiseido's case, it's totally worth it. It's 100% pure cotton and very soft. Plus one pack comes with a 100 sheets. I cut half of it into halves and the other half into fourths and it lasts me practically through the entire year. Definitely owns buying cheap drugstore cotton pads that are not much cheaper. The only complaint I have is the packaging. I haven't quite figured out a good way to store this stuff since it's such a big pack.

on 5/6/2010 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's cotton. How can it be so great?... Well it is! You will use so much less product with these squares I am just shocked. I had only heard raves about this at my work ( I work at a makeup counter) and I took samples and was amazed. I used half a square to remove ALL my eye makeup. and trust me I wear a lot! definitely worth buying I love them!

on 5/4/2010 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ahhh! this is so good. So soft and feels like sweet jesus on my face. It's expensive but I just can't say no to this!

on 4/29/2010 11:05:00 PM

My roommate showed me this. I was a little skeptical but I took her word for it. And i got to say, it was......wonderful. It feels like soft clouds on your skin when you're removing the makeup. Very soft!!!! It's not abrasive and it does not hurt your skin. It's good for cleaning your eye makeup too, if anyone is concerned. It's THAT soft. Anyway, it's about...$9 at sephora I think... I got it for 7.50 cause sephora has a 15% off sale! I love itttt, I use it for everything. And I've been using it sooo often (i find any reason to use it) and i haven't even used up one block of it yet. :) Buy again, forsure!

on 4/22/2010 4:48:00 PM

I actually really liked these far more than cotton rounds from drugstores. These are softer and more gentle. I feel like the cotton rounds I've tried had a tendency to be abrasive and I had to use 2 or 3...with these Shiseido cotton squares, one was enough.
And I really didn't find these to be THAT expensive, the cotton rounds I got at cvs were 3 or 4 dollars for a short roll of 50. I haven't bought these since I stopped using Shiseido, but I would definitely buy them again.

on 4/21/2010 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Size
Quantity
Feel

Cons:
None

Conclusion:
The Shiseido facial cotton is a luxury that I can't compromise on. I love the way that they feel on my skin, and that they don't pill or shed the way most other facial cotton does. They are very absorbent and very very soft. At $8 CAD you do get a lot of squares to warrant the price.

Alternatives:
Laura Mercier Cotton Squares - I've heard really good things about these ones also. I'm sure cost a little more but I believe these ones are unbleached organic cotton (but I might be wrong)...
Cle De Peau Facial Cotton - I'm not even going to touch this one, because we all know its the same product in a different box.

on 2/10/2010 3:54:00 PM

Believe the hype. Yes, $8 CAD is a lot to pay for cotton, but you do get a quality product. I wear contacts and cannot stand the lint that cheap and even so called luxury cotton pads leave behind, and do not get me started on organic cotton pads. This is soft and holds well together, with none of the fine strands that seem to make the product fall apart when you are using them. I first bought to try and although I loved them, thought it was too expensive, so went back to the "luxury" style cotton pads (that is how they are labelled in the package). There really is no comparison. I am back to Shiseido. I usually stock up on these when SDM has their 20x points days.

It's not like you need another review, but I'll give one anyway! ;-).

Compared with my organic (which I'm proud of) cotton balls from CVS, these are amazing. Not perfect, but still far better than anything else I've tried.

What I would prefer is something with a bit more grab/exfoliation to it, because I feel the Shiseido simply smooth/glide over your face. They are very soft and excellent at applying liquid products, but if I wanted something specifically to remove make-up, I'm not sure these are the way to go. Any recs, please PM me! =o)

Regardless, I recommend you buy some.

on 12/6/2009 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: This exclusive facial cotton is 100 percent natural and uniquely manufactured for a consistent soft, smooth texture. Allows for maximum absorption and assists in the application of Shiseido softeners. Use for apply toner, removing nail polish, etc. Made with 100% Cotton. 80g/2.8oz. These facial cotton retail for $8 CAD at Sephora.

MY THOUGHTS: I received a few samples of Shiseido's The Makeup Facial Cotton during one of my visits to my local Sephora outlet. Each cotton square is 5.5 cm x 6.5 cm. Indeed, these cotton squares are softer than your typical drugstore brands. I have also noticed that, when dry, these are easily stretched and torn. I've read many reviews that state these cotton pads absorb product better reducing the amount you need to use per application. In addition, when wet, these pads are not easily chaffed like drugstore brands. I decided to test these pads against your typical drugstore brand using NeoStrata Toning Solution on my boyfriend. I found that 5 drops on a drugstore brand cotton pad barely covered one of his cheeks before "drying up." Meanwhile, 5 drops on the Shiseido pad did a satisfactory job of dispersing the toner all over his face.

If you do decide to purchase these cotton squares, I would best advise to wait for a sale and to conserve each square buy cutting them into smaller pieces. Another tip is to use both sides of each square, i.e. one side for the left eye, the other for the right eye. continued >>

Popular Face Skincare Products