July 29, 2014 | 1954 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for the perfect purple and this is it. I would wear it day or night and the formula is so creamy and very moisturising. I also love girl about town and this would be the perfect colour for those who may be a little afraid to plunge for GAT. I can't believe I have lived without this for so long! Amplified formulas are my favourite lipsticks by far, so much better than than the YSL rouge purs and about half the price! If you want to be noticed in a good way you can't go wrong with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by didi23

Love the look of this need a lipliner. I pair with night moth pencil liner. Love the deep purple pink very sexy with a winged black liquid liner or dark smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelydiva

If you are looking for the real purple tone lipcolor, this is the one...Absolutely gorgeous..love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by LoveAntigua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone should GET THIS COLOR!!! I've been trying to look for a really nice purple/pink color that Alyssa Milano usually wears on Charmed (the TV series), and OMG...I have found it!!! I might just get another one just in case...It's that pretty!!! It's rich and can be worn either LIGHT or DARK..depending how much you lather on that sucker...it's very versatile and can be worn with so many looks...I LOVE IT!!! Hands down, one of the best colors yet!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my first Back to Mac the other day and got Up The Amp, I had been considering it for a while due to positive reviews on here especially from people with the same colouring as me Mac C40 and I wanted desperately to venture out from the safe realm of neutrals and get something really different and unique. I asked my favourite Mac Artist who is alway honest with me and always picks me stuff that really suits me to choose between this and a few others and he said I should go with Up the Amp.

Once I tried it on I too like many others was instanly in love Amplified is the best formula for this lipstick, its make it soft but bright and more wearable than say if it had been a frost. Its such a lovely unusual pinky purple that is so wearable and I never wear brights - mostly because I have quite small hooded eyes that look awful without eyeliner and mascara that I usually keep my lips quite soft and neutral and concentrate on making my eyes look good.

Up the Amp has the ability to be both bright and soft at the same time it is not garish or shiny no shimmer can be worn lightly as a nice subtle stain or full on and you dont look like your trying too hard you just look really cool and on trend and people will always ask you what your wearing. I thoroughlyrecomend you try it on your lips and see if it works for you too I think its balanced enough to work with many skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by guyinds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word to describe this lipstick: FABULOUS! It works great with my skin tone. It is slightly bold, but not overly dramatic. It is a fun more purple than pink and it goes on smoothly. Want more flash, add some clear gloss over the top. I will buy this again. I LUV IT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ive been getting some recs on this lipstick, so I decides to try it. I like it, but couldve been a tinge brighter. Its like a purpe/pink but has more the purple look with the deep pink underton in it a little. I like the creaminess, and glad it doesnt have a dey feeling like most bright lippies. I like this as is, or I will wear a teeny amount of pink gloss over it so it wont have shine to it. This lipstick is pretty this way too. I also tried it with Mac currant liner too, and its pretty decent. I also bought nyx liner in pinky and Im really feeling that, but not sure if its wearable out in public. I can see myself wearing this shopping and hanging out and maybe to school on some days.This was a good purchase.

Upadate: 9/25'/2010
When this I wear this while taking pictures, this look so bright that it doesn't even look close as when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't tell you how much I love this lipstick. It's such a unique and wearable color. It reminds me of girl about town- but a more toned down version. This is the guy proof version. I can now understand why it is so popular. Looks great with magenta liner, and a clear lipgloss over. My favorite way to wear it is with a dark green smokey eye. It's a great going out look. reference- I'm NC 35- C4 depending on the time of year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jubez

This shade is in the permanent line and is quite a popular one. This is an Amplified which is one of my favorite finishes, it makes the lipstick so creamy and pigmented. The color is a mauvey pink-purple. If you bought the color I Like It Like That from In The Groove this would be it's cousin. Up The Amp is more berry than ILILT and when worn as a stain on my medium pigmented lips, it is more pink. I like to wear this alone and with gloss to lighten the color up a bit. The Amplified formula makes this lipstick also long-wearing for me. This is a great shade for all seasons I think and those who are hesitant to try color should pick this one up. You won't be disappointed. For those who do not know already, MAC has raised their priced again and lipsticks are now $17.50CAN.