July 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a tester of this and im glad cause i wont be buying it.

I love me some garlic, but smeared on my face? ill pass..

past the smell though, the mask seemed to make my face feel soft after but thats about it. i guess that is cause it wasnt for my skin type seeing as i only got a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my least favourtie LUSH masks. It has an unpleasant mucousy texture and it feels greasy on the skin. It also doesn't seem to make any visible improvement of my skin. And as for the smell... thankfully when I have the mask on, my nose mainly picks up the tea tree scent. However, the next day I strongly smell garlic when I wash my face with my Clarisonic =S

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was the one shown to me by an associate at a LUSH store when they were out of the chocolate mask which I wanted to try, it smelled so good! However they were out so she got me Cosmetic Warrior. I wanted something for my oiliness and acne but while this doesn't claim to help with that it did work on what it claims to do. It reads "A superhero face mask to combat spots, cleanse dirt and clam and soothe all troubled skins." My acne spots from old acne that leaves that purple color tone that makes you think your skin is that color from now on cause it's there for freakin' ever, is gone. After two uses I noticed my skin tone was even and the spots were no longer hanging around. So I will pick this up again when I notice I have spots again. It's the best smell but it's not something horrible. It's definitely tolerable and does a great job with the spots. The only sucky part is that it doesn't last for long so while I bought it for only $5.95 I only got three uses as it's supposedly expires today or is best buy (and it has eggs in it, so yeah).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by toreshi

I'm fine with the tea tree and garlic smell, but there were no noticeable effects on my pimples and my complexion seemed even duller after using it? I prefer the Brazened Honey one over this, though even that isn't so great in my mind either..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by tiffykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
Skin feels heavenly after
Fun to apply

Cons
Short shelf life (contains natural ingredients, so this may be a neutral point)
Found that each container I've had, is made with different proportions, so it's not very consistent
It's difficult to get many uses out of this if you don't use masks that often (i.e. at least one a week) since it expires a month from the date it's made

Tips
If you don't like the smell of garlic, this may not be for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by JellyBelly19

When I brought this product the sales person said it had garlic in but didn't warn me about the smell... As soon as I put this on my face I could the strongest garlic smell ever... Ugh it made me feel sick, I lasted about 10 mind and then had to wash it off... It did make by face feel nice but only for about half an hour, but maybe it just just didn't suit by skin type. I doubt I'll be buying this one again, I didn't even mange to use the whole pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by dtangled

Cosmetic Warrior was not the most pleasant scent I have encountered but the woman in the store was super enthusiastic about the blemish-removing powers of garlic and tea tree and the soothing grape and honey. I thought it smelled a little like tzatziki and was not thrilled but it felt good and my skin felt nice and plump after I washed it off.

I don't hate this product like some of the other reviewers and a little garlic doesn't repulse me, but I did not see great results with this product. The brazened honey mask definitely did more to brighten and renew my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

God this stuff is disgusting! I bought it after having a breakout and like the last reviewer said- nearly vommed! Stinks of garlic! Ew!
I used it once and then couldn't pluck up the courage to use it again within the 2 days or whatever it is, so threw it out! What a waste of money. No difference to my skin either. Could make something similar at home for nothing also...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The first time I put this on, I was just an inch away from vomiting. The smell is hideous, and reminded me of a wet dog. I endured though.

Why, I'm not sure of. 'Cause despite what some people say, I find that it isn't suitable for acne-prone skin at all. Since this skintype is usually very sensitive, Cosmetic Warrior is way too strong. It's more likely to cause irritation than help soothing over-productive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by aplend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great mask! the SA recommended it to me and had this embarrassed look on her face and said, "i know it smells awful but i really think it'll work for you" and i smelled it and honestly, all i could smell was tea tree oil (which i think is really nice). but she said all she could smell was the garlic, and so do a lot of you guys. i guess its a personal thing.
anyway, i LOVED it. i think it did good things for my skin and i found i got soo many uses it of it. i hate the expiry dates but i found myself using it all the time and i finished it just on time.
will repurchase after i have tried others. recommend!