September 21, 2014 | 2113 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ChynaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the idea of using something fresh, preservative-free, and skin-cooling right out of the refrigerator. The idea was great, the product wasn't so. It was difficult to spread on the skin without tugging, the mask itself was 'chunky' with all the pieces of garlic and such so that when it dried, it left a trail of whatever all over my sink, floor, etc. It was difficult to get off, too. I didn't notice any change, improvement or otherwise, in my skin. Since it was a bit pricey, almost 10 Euros for three or four uses, I did finish it but won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

when buying the lettuce mask, i got a sample of this. its a great mask for acne prone skin and i will likely be trying the full size one when my other mask runs out. one downside is that these come with short expiry dates but then again they don't have the harmful perservatives either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this stuff worked wonders on my skin! it didn't smell at all...despite having garlic in it. it cleared up my face and left my skin looking flawless after a few uses. my only complaint is the short shelf life it has...but, i'd rather have that than a product laced with chemicals and preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by angered

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to Lush to purchase the same mask my friend had bought and recommended to me, but found this one fit my needs a little better. I haven't noticed a strong garlic smell at all (the tea tree comes through a little more), and I think it does a good job shrinking pimple size, though it doesn't make them disappear overnight. Definitely a noticeable difference in skin after use, though. Unfortunately, I haven't used the entire pot before expiration, but the price isn't too bad to purchase a new mask per month or so. Definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a tester of this and im glad cause i wont be buying it.

I love me some garlic, but smeared on my face? ill pass..

past the smell though, the mask seemed to make my face feel soft after but thats about it. i guess that is cause it wasnt for my skin type seeing as i only got a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my least favourtie LUSH masks. It has an unpleasant mucousy texture and it feels greasy on the skin. It also doesn't seem to make any visible improvement of my skin. And as for the smell... thankfully when I have the mask on, my nose mainly picks up the tea tree scent. However, the next day I strongly smell garlic when I wash my face with my Clarisonic =S

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was the one shown to me by an associate at a LUSH store when they were out of the chocolate mask which I wanted to try, it smelled so good! However they were out so she got me Cosmetic Warrior. I wanted something for my oiliness and acne but while this doesn't claim to help with that it did work on what it claims to do. It reads "A superhero face mask to combat spots, cleanse dirt and clam and soothe all troubled skins." My acne spots from old acne that leaves that purple color tone that makes you think your skin is that color from now on cause it's there for freakin' ever, is gone. After two uses I noticed my skin tone was even and the spots were no longer hanging around. So I will pick this up again when I notice I have spots again. It's the best smell but it's not something horrible. It's definitely tolerable and does a great job with the spots. The only sucky part is that it doesn't last for long so while I bought it for only $5.95 I only got three uses as it's supposedly expires today or is best buy (and it has eggs in it, so yeah).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by toreshi

I'm fine with the tea tree and garlic smell, but there were no noticeable effects on my pimples and my complexion seemed even duller after using it? I prefer the Brazened Honey one over this, though even that isn't so great in my mind either..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by tiffykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
Skin feels heavenly after
Fun to apply

Cons
Short shelf life (contains natural ingredients, so this may be a neutral point)
Found that each container I've had, is made with different proportions, so it's not very consistent
It's difficult to get many uses out of this if you don't use masks that often (i.e. at least one a week) since it expires a month from the date it's made

Tips
If you don't like the smell of garlic, this may not be for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by JellyBelly19

When I brought this product the sales person said it had garlic in but didn't warn me about the smell... As soon as I put this on my face I could the strongest garlic smell ever... Ugh it made me feel sick, I lasted about 10 mind and then had to wash it off... It did make by face feel nice but only for about half an hour, but maybe it just just didn't suit by skin type. I doubt I'll be buying this one again, I didn't even mange to use the whole pot.