December 22, 2014 | 1771 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by paleandinteresting

This mask is really good at clearing up spots. Whenever the spots on my chin get bad I buy some of this and within a few uses my spots are pretty much gone. I have bought this product quite a few times as I think it's great. I guess the downside to this product is that it does not smell very nice, it's almost like wet dog but it's definately worth it for the results! Once you wash the mask off the smell disappears.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

ok. i notice al the negative reviews or based on product texture, smell, shelf life etc. and honesty, i will concede that it has a very pasty, thick, gloopy texture (depends a lot on the batch), it smells strongly of some garlicky concoction, and has limited shelf life ( i still use it after the expiration if i see its still good) and yes it is $5-8. but if a product works, id be willing to pay for its weight in gold and this product works! normally, im not impressed with face masks. ive never really noticed a difference and i never saw how it could make a difference simply bc it just sits on top of your face and then you wash it off, but this changed my facials perception. ive tried the entire lush line of masks- i wanted something to combat my pms breakouts and this does the job. ive tried the chocolate mask (didn't really do anything), cosmetic castrophe (made my skin even toned and whiter), love lettuce (very exfoliating and felt good, but didn't really do anything). but this is by far the best one, im not saying its going to cure your chronic acne, but when i use it once a week it helps prevent and cure the breakouts i do have. thats bc all the ingredients like garlic, tea tree etc are antiseptic treatments known to help keep bacteria under control. i stopped using this for a couple of months and my skin resumed its usual occasional spottiness and after is started on my usual cosmetic warrior regimen again, its started to calm down. if your iffy, at least go to lush and try a sample. but this is the best $8 a month i spend

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the Lush face masks... but not this one. It smells really strongly of garlic. I don't like garlic on my food and i don't like it on my face! There are also very large chunks of product that are difficult to smooth out over the face. Additionally, i have very sensitive skin and there is something in this that is irritating. My skin is red and blotchy after i use this product. I also had a few small pimples after using this for a week or two and it made me paranoid, but in all fairness there is no way to know what caused said breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stinks. It absolutely reeks. It smells something like old, expired hummus. I like hummus, but on my face its nauseating.
That being said, this mask is amazing for problem skin. I get under-the-skin pimples and have very sensitive, finicky skin, and this is great for shrinking acne and making my complexion appear more even. A lot of other masks tend to dry out and irritate my skin. I got a couple of stress-related cystic pimples while I was using this and it dried them up after two uses.
I took a lippie off because the short shelf life is a bit of a pain (although you can safely use it a day or so past the expiry if you keep it in the fridge), and because of the smell you won't want to use this up before the expiry date, but keep with it because its fantastic, and works so much better than the nicer-smelling Lush masks (Catastrophe Cosmetic smells like blueberry pie but does nothing for my skin). A tip is to hold a small bottle of perfume or essential oil under your nose and sniff when you feel grossed out ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ChynaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the idea of using something fresh, preservative-free, and skin-cooling right out of the refrigerator. The idea was great, the product wasn't so. It was difficult to spread on the skin without tugging, the mask itself was 'chunky' with all the pieces of garlic and such so that when it dried, it left a trail of whatever all over my sink, floor, etc. It was difficult to get off, too. I didn't notice any change, improvement or otherwise, in my skin. Since it was a bit pricey, almost 10 Euros for three or four uses, I did finish it but won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

when buying the lettuce mask, i got a sample of this. its a great mask for acne prone skin and i will likely be trying the full size one when my other mask runs out. one downside is that these come with short expiry dates but then again they don't have the harmful perservatives either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this stuff worked wonders on my skin! it didn't smell at all...despite having garlic in it. it cleared up my face and left my skin looking flawless after a few uses. my only complaint is the short shelf life it has...but, i'd rather have that than a product laced with chemicals and preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by angered

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to Lush to purchase the same mask my friend had bought and recommended to me, but found this one fit my needs a little better. I haven't noticed a strong garlic smell at all (the tea tree comes through a little more), and I think it does a good job shrinking pimple size, though it doesn't make them disappear overnight. Definitely a noticeable difference in skin after use, though. Unfortunately, I haven't used the entire pot before expiration, but the price isn't too bad to purchase a new mask per month or so. Definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a tester of this and im glad cause i wont be buying it.

I love me some garlic, but smeared on my face? ill pass..

past the smell though, the mask seemed to make my face feel soft after but thats about it. i guess that is cause it wasnt for my skin type seeing as i only got a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my least favourtie LUSH masks. It has an unpleasant mucousy texture and it feels greasy on the skin. It also doesn't seem to make any visible improvement of my skin. And as for the smell... thankfully when I have the mask on, my nose mainly picks up the tea tree scent. However, the next day I strongly smell garlic when I wash my face with my Clarisonic =S