July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually add a glob (a teaspoon or two) of the ordinary, fairly inexpensive store-bought honey to my oatmeal mask mixture.
I find that the addition of the honey makes my oatmeal mask more potent. It soothes and softens my facial skin spectacularly.
I also use a dash of honey to make a gentle exfoliating scrub with brown or white sugar.
It's versatile and a great addition to my natural beauty arsenal.
I might purchase Manuka honey next... The reviews are astounding!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ariellelh7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't want to jinx anything, but wow. I am only on day 3 of using honey as a mask but it''s pretty amazing. Let me start by saying I have used it for an hour each night the past three nights and the first two nights I accidentally used the cheapie kind that doesn't seem to have many benefits. It definitely helped a little but after just one use of an organic raw honey mask I realize why it's better to pay a little more for quality. I have dermatillomania and went on a picking spree the other night, probably causing acne instead of getting rid of it. Anyway I picked and ended up with unsightly scabs and rather than pay a lot for another new freakin skin care product I ran out and bought some plain honey. The next day I could tell the scabs were much cleaner and the irritation had gone down. I am sort of doing a skin care detox so I have ditched all products whatsoever (moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen, everything) in order to simplify my skin routine. My very reactive skin seems to be liking this detox but my picking/scratching fest the other night really did a number on my face. Well I am happy to report (crosses fingers) that I just rinsed off the more expensive organic honey and my skin tone is incredible. I dabbed the really bad spots on my face with honey and put small bandages over them since they are still pretty sore. But the rest of my face looks so clean, feels really comfortable, has a beautiful even tone and is not red. It's truly amazing what honey can do. I am planning on using this every for the next four days and then gradually lessening my use to twice a week. I am hoping that by Friday my scabs will be significantly smaller. So far it seems that honey is doing a fantastic job of keeping them clean though

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lucciolaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got hooked on honey three weeks ago and have been washing my face with it every morning ever since. Every morning I'll cleanse with my regular cleanser and then take half a teaspoon of honey and rub it into my skin for a couple minutes, and then leave it on for 5-10 minutes, or more. Since I started, my skin has been more evenly toned and it's been glowing (I've actually gotten compliments!) and the honey masks have helped kept the oiliness in check.

I would recommend this to anyone. A lot of people try it a couple times and don't see immediate results, so make sure to stick with it!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by andreinabarthly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently I had a bad case of breakouts from using a neutrogena scrub cleanser that led to squeezing lots of pimples which ofcourse led to scaring. On the process of healing I tried to apply as much raw organic honey on my face. I deffinetly can say it helps with refining your skins texture as far as is helping the scars diminish or prevent scaring... Can't really say there it did anything. So in my case I would not say this is a miracle product for scars. I do plan on using it as a facial mask every so often. I can't really say what it does for pimples being that I don't have any active ones. I can honestly say that the only thing I have know for a fact for many yrs especially having a skin picking history is that the best thing to do for scars to diminish quickly is lots of exfoliation. I alsoheard after time your hair will naturally lighten. Will try and give an update on how that works. Best of luck to you!
update: hair lightening did not work for me after 7 mask treatments I saw no difference

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just did a honey mask for an hour, I used tulepa honey. When I washed it off my face was pretty dry. Ive read that honey 'attracts and retains moisture' maybe it sucked the moisture right out of my skin! I also had a coconut/olive oil mask in my hair for a couple hours and for the last hour I put a half cup of honey in, boy that was sticky! So maybe not for a face mask, will update when my hair dries. Hopefully it didn't suck the moisture out of my hair too

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Kirs13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite product of all times and it makes me really annoyed too see the reviews with low rating from people who expect instant results. I know some people had a bad reaction to it and I completely get why they rated it low, I would have done the same thing. But people who only tried it once or twice and then say it didn't work for them, give it a chance.
This product, together with salt water has made my skin clearer then it has been for YEARS.
But this product didn't seem to do anything for my skin the first week or so. The first week I still got a few small whiteheads, but the second week I started to notice I didn't get any new blemishes and my old onces was disapearing. I have now used it for a month, give or take and I am so happy with it! I used it every morning and every evening for maybe a hour in total, afterwards my skin feels soft, moisturisted with a faint glow. My skin also seems more balanced, it isn't shiny when I wake up or before washing my face in the evening, like it normally is and my acne scars seem less noticeable.
Unless you are allergic to honey, I really wish you would try it out for a month or so before saying it did nothing.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MadMonty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in my late 30s and have had dry skin/dry hair with 3b natural curl and have struggled for ages to find ways to keep my skin and hair happy. I hate to sound dramatic - but honey (at 3$ a bottle) has done more for me than the hundreds of other MUCH more expensive products I have used.

Face: I use honey on my face whenever it feels dry, tight or I know the weather is really cold/dry. I spray my face with rosewater and rub some honey on. I leave it about 5 mins and wash it off , followed by moisturizer. Once a week I crush 3 aspirin into a tblsp of honey and use that as a mask for 15-20 mins and it works miracles. Any redness or pimple are greatly diminished and my skin glows.

Hair: I have fine, dry 3b curls and honey has worked wonders in moisturizing and keeping frizzies at bay ( I avoid silicone products). I just add about a tsp to my conditioner and rub it on my hair, leave it while I wash etc and rinse it out. If the weather is really humid I add a TINY TINY amount (a drop, seriously) to my gel or hair cream and it helps keep the mad frizz at bay.

I hope this helps someone thinking about trying honey - I love the stuff!!! It has saved me TONS of money and helped my hair/skin so much.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sbowlchica

Wow! Just...wow. It works wonders on my skin. My skin is more moisturized, more even-toned, and I've even noticed my blackheads disappearing ever since I started washing my face with honey. Honey is naturally antibacterial and full of nutrients. The only downside is that you can't use it as a moisturizer, since it's so sticky.

Edit: Still washing my face with honey, still loving it! Recently I've been mixing honey into my shampoo... it sounds crazy, but it makes it a lot less harsh on your hair. It's not sticky or anything! Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LoudMusic94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I regret spending so much money on products that either didn't work for my skin or just made me break out like crazy and after using this, my skin has never looked better. My skin started breaking out when i was 15. I'm 17 now and I still breakout a lot especially during or before my time of the month. Anyways, honey worked miracles for me and after washing, my face (after leaving the honey on for 15-20 min) felt so much better. The next morning, I was surprised to find that my current breakouts were reduced in size and were healing. I did this routine for a few more days and found my face less red and scars/breakouts were less evident. I bought my raw honey from a health food store for only 8 bucks and it's definitely worth it since it'll last me a long time and works wonders for my skin. I'm so glad I tried this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honey didn't work out too well on my face ('sides, the smell was starting to get nauseating), but I've been using this as a rinse post-conditioning. Not to mention as a hair mask!

What I do is mix 1/4 tsp of honey, followed by the same amount of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup water. After I've gotten rid of all the conditioner I just rinse my hair with this. Of course, you can always make 4 cups of this stuff and rinse your hair free of the conditioner.

I've learnt not to use the rinse on my fringe since it moisturises a little too much and makes the top of my head look oily and gross. But for my ends -- Ooh, what a change! My fried hair actually looked smooth and silky, and my waves were more defined. I can even feel the difference, running my fingers through my hair during rinsing, feeling my hair detangle and become smoother. Of course, the smell of the rinse was pretty off-putting at first, but after my hair dries I can't smell the vinegar.

I whip up a hair mask by mixing 2 tbsp of honey with 3 tbsp of olive oil. You can play around with the amount, just make sure the ratio is 1:3. I slap it on my dry hair, place a shower cap over the mess and do work the entire day at home. Afterwards I shampoo it off. Voila! Smooth, shiny hair! Note: Do not put any mixture near roots or you'll wind up looking like Snape.

The Bottom Line: For healthy hair with shine and softness, use this rinse. I've seen no effects using honey on my face, but hey! To each her own. If it doesn't work for you, no harm done. It does great in the mouth and the stomach ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No