April 21, 2014 | 1956 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coming from the mediterrenean, from a small island where olives and thyme are always present, I grew up with the taste and nutrients of olive oil on my lunch and of thyme honey on my breakfast. Now I am an adult and I still have them in my diet, but I am also a woman who wants to be healthy and beautiful looking.

Honey is a miracle for dry skin. In winter I have a lot of dryness, and honey is my savior.I mix 1 tsp honey, 2 tsps olive oil and 1 tsp brown sugar in a small container, and tadaaa: the best moistorizing mask-scrub of the world!

And what about curly dry sensitive hair? No worries. 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of oil and here is the boost I add in my conditioner every time I wash my hair. Result? Shiny, healthy voluminous curls full of life.

Honey, my stomach, my skin and my hair will always love you.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by annakimla

Lately my acne has gone wild. Last night I used honey mask with a little bit of lemon juice for the first time. I applied it on the whole face. I am really impressed with it, my skin looks healthier and glowing. Acne has not been reduced , but skin seems to be calm - the overall effect is very satifying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by conchr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been using a little honey with some distilled water (or filtered works too) for my face wash over the past few months and really like it. Unfortunately though, I can't use it as a mask. If I leave it on for more than a couple of minutes, I get really itchy and develop a rash...too bad as it seems to work for many others.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by isabellaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Usually I mix honey, oatmeal and yoghurt for a face mask, but I thought that I try only using honey. Not a good decision. The next day I started getting tiny bumps and whiteheads on my chin, which I never get otherwise. Probably just using honey was too much for my skin - it's very sensitive. So if you know that your skin easily reacts to new things, be a bit careful. I use honey to lighten my hair instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Baby1black

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use raw honey that I get from a farmers market and it is not cheap, so just like a past reviewer mentioned although I should not be wasting it on my
face, I think that we spend so many dollars on brand name products that really don't help at all, so why not spend on something that work. Pure honey will irritate your skin if u have sensitive skin. Some people mention that it is like glycolic acid so some might be irritated. Best way I like to use it is by adding castor powder, water or milk and raw honey and apply it a couple of times a week like a mask. I think it really makes your face more clear,. It gives your skin this fresh look. So i don't think it will ever harm u to try it, if u don't like it u can always eat it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

I didn't realize how much this helped my skin until I ran out of it and stopped using it for a few weeks. Just kept forgetting to pick it up.
I remove makeup first, usually just swipe it off with olive oil. Then wash with honey and warm water, massaging into skin a few minutes. I also leave on as a mask at least once a week.

It really helps keep my pores cleaned out and keeps skin balanced somehow. When I get a big zit, I put on a little dab and go to bed. Sometimes I put a light coat on my nose too before bed. The pimple and pores are greatly reduced and healing without the usual dry out from acne products. Yes, there is that fear of getting honey on my pillow case, but those can be changed.

I don't understand the properties of how this helps my skin, it just does. The honey I buy is just pure honey at any grocery store for a few dollars. I can see this either works for people or it doesn't. Glad it works for me and is worth a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin generally doesn't develop any reactions to most things, so after trying honey on my face as a mask, I was shocked. While I had the mask on, my face became red and irritated, and felt itchy so I rinsed it off right away. Is this supposed to happen? Can anyone please please tell me? I don't think I'm allergic to it because I put some honey in my regular facial cleanser and there is no reaction at all.. it's just when I leave honey on for more than 5 minutes. I'm very sad that this didn't work for me! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

IDK I'm pretty iffy about using valuable honey on my face when I'm satisfied w/the skincare products I use already. I know honey has a lot of healthful benefits & is wonderful used internally (especially for a sore throat!). But I love coconut oil internally & also recognize its wonderful topical capabilities (though internal is even better), so I may ultimately try a honey facial wash when the dead cold of drying winter chill begins to make me desperate for moisture. I have no real issues w/my skin that honey is useful for right now, so I'm thinking that trying to fix what ain't broke will only invite trouble (I've lived & learned).

I'm curious about what honey is supposed to do for hair & will research it...I've finally grown out all my natural hair (no more damaging highlights or drying chemical color!) to the point that I don't even need any conditioner after using a gentle shampoo, but if honey moisturizes my hair to encourage a bouncy curl, then I'll def go for that! My hair's curl potential is very stubborn & I have to depend on sea salt products to encourage it - sometimes these are drying (homemade epsom salt recipe), so I limit their use.

I just hate the idea of wasting precious honey on beauty routines when it's so good to eat...& I'm still reeling from recent history when the news media was freaking out about the mysterious disappearance of honey bees all over the country, causing honey prices to soar through the roof & become a rare commodity. I remember seeing bare spaces on the supermarket shelves where honey was sold & ultimately the section shrunk down to a tiny supply of SMALL jars previously costing $3-$4 now costing $10-$12 (that's psycho to me). What a mess that was & I haven't had any honey since that whole fiasco. Happy to see there's recovery in progress. But reading all these reviews on honey treatments left me hungry for a taste of some!....& my cupboard is bare. Onto my shopping list it goes (healthfood store).

Though I'm not using it cosmetically, high rating from me anyway b/c I know it's a wonderful natural product. Has great moisture-attracting capabilities & gentle healing antibacterial/anti-inflammatory properties. Would make a great lip conditioner if I could avoid licking it off! On the plus side, makes for a sweet kiss if you dab a tiny bit on before a smooch - surprise someone in an unexpectedly sweet way. And is a great lipgloss in a pinch. Yeah I gotta get me some honey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This by far is the best beauty product any woman could own!!!! Yes its great for tea,pancakes,cereal etc,but for the skin and the h air it's indeed a miracle worker for optimum results for glowing problematic free skin with no redness and acne apply the following honey,egg white,cinnamon,plain yogurt,and oatmeal mix it all in a bowel once mixed well apply on a dry cleansed face leave it on for a good 30 to 40 minutes and wash off with a warm damp face cloth making sure no residue is left on the skin the results are indeed superb and is suitable for all skin types I have very dry problematic skin I suffer with dry flaky red rashes that I always get around my nose and t zone area the honey and this mask alone have totally cleared it up,which is more than I can say for the most expensive brands out there!!! Honey is also an excellent conditioner for hair and works well diluted in a good shampoo I use gliss only a drop in my shampoo shake well it leaves my hair soft silky and luminous and doesint weigh the hair down like usual conditioners do!honey is the best beautifier out there!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by FasterPussycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet another HG I discovered through MUA (others being Becca concealer, Bragg's apple cider vinegar, DiorShow mascara, and tea tree oil). Read my Bragg's review for the nightmare I went through with my skin before I overhauled my regimen with mostly natural ingredients and waved salicylic acid goodbye...nowadays, I just use plain honey as my cleanser. I also add big handfuls of it to my conditioner for perfect ringlets.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No