July 23, 2014 | 2142 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I originally purchased this lipstick because supposedly it is the shade that Audrey Hepburn wears in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Being that I love Audrey so much I wanted this to mimick her look in the movie. I have light olive skin and this is such a pretty creamy pink on me. I love this with a very natural makeup look (just mascara, blush and this lipstick) or with a glamorous look like a dramatic cat eye. This lipstick is moisturizing as it is a cream and doesn't give a matte effect. I like wearing a gloss over it for a different effect. Overall, for $6 this lipstick is a gorgeous pink and I could see it being flattering on a lot of different skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sarnrse

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this lipstick for decades. I was surprised to see how many comments there were about Pink in the Afternoon being the perfect Audrey Hepburn color. She wore this color in a Revlon ad when I was a teenager. I don't know if it was specifically created for her or not, but the name "Pink in the Afternoon" is a takeoff on one of her movies "Love in the Afternoon" which makes me wonder if it was specifically formulated for her. In any event, it's the perfect pink color - apparently for a great many more people than just me.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pink that doesn't shout pink. Perfect for wearing to the office without looking overdone. I also like the packaging- it has a sexy retro feel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a wonderful neutral to warm pink colour, just the pink i've been looking for. I like warm shades better because I'm so yellow toned, cool shades can sometimes make me look like a street hooker. This colour has got the perfect blend of pink with some rosiness, if your lips are modernly pigmented i think this would make a good MLBB shade for you, but because I don't have much pigmentation in my lips, this colour adds a pop of pink and brights up my whole face, without looking overly done. However it can sometimes pull a little cool toned on me for some reason, so i like to pair it with a pinky nude lip gloss. This lipstick wears so comfortable on the lips, it's creamier than rimmel lasting finish lipsticks, but not so creamier that they literally bend over in the tube as you apply pressure. It does not feel drying on the lips but it will not moisturize if your lips are already chapped. Overall, this is definitely a must have shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello Audrey Hepburn! I love this color. It's a cool, creamy light pink. Wear it with false lashes, and a sleek bun. And on your way home have some breakfast at Tiffanys.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Pretty hot pink color on my lips and goes well with my nc30 skintone. I like to apply this in a sheer layer as a light lip tint for the day and build up the layers for a night look. I love having products that are so versatile! (: would def recommend to my mua friends

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Chianti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from RiteAid with their buy one get 1/2 off deal. As soon as I got into my car, I applied this lipstick, and burst out laughing b/c it was waayyyy off than what I've expecting!! On me it's a pale pink w/ lavender tone (like previous reviewer have mentioned) and made my teeth look yellow (arghhh)! However, this color is pretty wearable w/ Revlon Nude Lustre lipgloss.
For reference azn, fair-medium w/ yellow undertone NC 30, MUFE HD 127, NARS Budapest.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been trying to find a nice pink that goes well with my warm undertones and had read so many good reviews for it on here. I dont know, it just doesnt look right on me. I'm an nc25 and it comes out sorta purplish pink, my natural lip color is a very pigmented berry color. I had to put a soft pink gloss over it to tone it down and make it a softer true pink. In comparison it is very similar to MACs sweetie in my opinion- a color my mom wears, who is a darker skin tone. Other than the color I really like the texture of the lustre formula that revlon has. Will try their other colors in this line and one that suits me better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I really like the look of soft pink lipsticks, but its a little tricky with my olive-tanned complexion. This lipstick is a wonderful surprise! The pink looks really natural on my pigmented lips, but doesnt wash me out at all. For the price, this is a great lipstick. And the quality- just as good as Nars or Benefit for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Hands down, officially my favorite lipstick EVER. (And I don't even like lipsticks.) I'm addicted to red lipsticks so that's all I've ever owned, but someone suggested this lippie for someone with warm-skin and pigmented lips like me, so I decided to give it a try.

Just like everyone said, this is a BEAUTIFUL color. It's a lovely petal pink that could probably work for just about everyone (but most definitely works on warm skin). Since I have naturally rosy lips, it looks a bit darker on me than in the pictures above, but the lippie is well pigmented so it still shows up. Also, I love the consistency of the lipsticks in this line, they're creamy and surprisingly hydrating (especially compared to Revlon's Matte line).

The only con I'd say is that while it doesn't emphasize dryness, it DOES fall into the creases of my lips (and I have many). It's just a minor problem and not very obvious unless I look close up, but I don't have the heart to take away a lippie because I just love this color so much. <3 I finally have a pink lipstick that doesn't scare me or make me look ridiculous!