October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

This foundation was more medium coverage for me. I really like the feel of it, it's easy to use, blend, wear, and overall is a good foundation. I prefer more full coverage, and a longer wear. This did for the most part stay on all day, but not enough for me to ever wear alone at work again. I was more sweaty looking than normal, and my nose was so shiny even before my first break. Which isn't normal for me.
    So I mix this with other foundations to get the perfect look. My favorite combo for summer is Revlon Colorstay in 200 Nude mixed with equal amounts of Shiseido in shade SP40. This is perfect! I get a little more coverage and staying power from the Revlon, but the protection and more natural skin look from Shiseido! Love it. The price is high for me, but with mixing it with a drugstore foundation I think I'll repurchase next summer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jnpbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like the staying power and finish of his foundation, especially for the warm weathers. The high spf is also a plus! However, I'm nc35 and the colors were either too pink or off. Sp60 was the closest match, as sp50 was too light and sp70 too dark. I tried to get used to it but had to return it because it was so obvious that I was wearing foundation. If shiseido decides to expand their shade range, I will definitely purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Giving this a 4 even though it irritated and broke out my skin, because I thought it was pretty awesome otherwise. It's got a liquid texture, similar to Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock, so I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin unless you're willing to wear a really good moisturizer underneath. I definitely like this as a foundation though; the finish feels light and is like a powder, so even though it's light-medium coverage, it softens and blurs imperfections, and it's really buildable (you can achieve full coverage with yr concealer). This stuff really reminded me of Maybelline's long ago discontinued "Wonder Finish," which I hearted a LOT. So yeah, I thought it was the poop...right up until I started getting all these nasty little whiteheads ALL OVER MY FACE. Unfortunately, I think I must very sensitive to the high titanium dioxide content--:( Still, I have to admit that I wouldn't have thought twice about dropping 35$ on this again if it had worked out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lisaq1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My search for the perfect foundation is finally over! I've been reading reviews on MUA for over 3 years and this is the first time I've felt it was a must for me to post one of my own. :) A little about me: I'm 36 with the oilest skin known to man as well as Rosacea, which I was just diagnosed with about a year ago. I had horrible acne as a teenager and although I no longer have breakouts (except a couple around "that time") I'm still as oily as ever and suffer the scars of picking pimples before I knew better. :( Rosacea has not only inflamed my skin, it has made finding the right foundation nearly impossible - until now. If you find yourself in the same boat as me, or are just wanting something that will make your skin look flawless, provide protection from the sun, AND stay put ALL day - this is it! A few others I've tried: Estee Lauder Double Matte, Double Wear & Double Wear Light; Clinique Stay True & SuperFit; Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Teint Idole Fresh Wear, & Teint Miracle; Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua & Mat Lumiere; Clarins Truly Matte; Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation; Revlon Color Stay; and too many more to list!!!! When I say I've "tried" them, I don't mean from a sample for a day or two, I've purchased all of the above and tried to make them work - applying with fingertips, brush, sponge, you name it! What I've found is that although I've experienced the best color matches with Chanel & Lancome, they didn't stay put long enough and ended up leaving me a greasy mess. Of the above, Estee Lauder had the best staying power but always tend to go pink or orange on me. :( Now back to Shiseido! (Just wanted to give you all a good idea of what I've tried in the past)....I used to be a slave to the sun and was very, very tan...too tan....and I gave that up over a year ago. I'm enjoying being back to my "natural color", which is fair/medium with olive undertones. Because of my Rosacea, I also have a lot of redness to my skin, with broken capillaries and a LOT of flushing on my nose. Sometimes my nose has such a bad flare it will be hot to the touch, swell and turn tomato red. :( When this happens, I've noticed ALL foundations melt off and look cakey - NOT THIS ONE!!!! It is my HG and I'll never change. I was matched to P30, which has a great yellow base....and although it does look a tad too light for me upon application, by the time I've applied the rest of my face (eyes & lips) it has warmed up to my skin and looks AMAZING - you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup!! After the initial very slight color adjustment, it doesn't oxidize one bit - another issue I always seem to have. I do have to blot every 4-5 hours, but instead of using 3 papers I can use 1 and the perfect finish is still there without having to reapply. With other foundations, I've noticed when I blot that the oil is colored - which means that my makeup has transferred onto the sheet. I've not experienced that with this product at all - it is PERFECT in every way! My skin feels comfortable and able to breathe and it doesn't feel "heavy" as the day goes on and I become oilier. My recommendation is to use your fingertips even if you're used to a foundation brush. I tried it both ways and although the finish is lovely with both, I do think it looks a bit more natural when I apply it using my fingertips. If you're tired of searching and searching for your HG, I definitely recommend trying this one - it is a MUST for oily or very oily skin (like me) and sensitive skins will love it as well - trust me on this one, girls! Sorry for the long review, but wanted to make sure I covered everything! :) UPDATE: Shiseido tests on animals. Will not repurchase. SOOOO sad - love this foundation.

34 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cookycristian

I had such high hopes for this foundation, I was hoping it would be a lighter version of EL Double Wear, but sadly it fell short. I don't have incredibly oily skin but after a few hours this foundation caked up and would wipe right off, definitely not waterproof. Even being such a thin foundation it seemed very heavy on my skin. The coverage is ok, medium to full but you have to be very careful not to apply too much as it will appear cakey. I am a NC 20-25 and used SP40, which is a little light for my skin, but it does oxidize to turn darker and slightly orange. Overall I am sticking with the DW which is fuller coverage, lighter feel, and much longer lasting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for sun protection in the summer, but this is really good foundation that I can wear anytime. I have oily skin, and this stays put. It looks flawless, and doesn't look or feel like I am wearing makeup. I wore this all day in humid weather, and it stayed put. I blotted once, and makeup stays. LOVE IT. Finally, a long wearing foundation that looks natural, but with good coverage.
    Will stock up in case they discontinue or change formulas. Can't believe i didn't try this sooner!
    EDIT: I have to do a lot of blotting fot this, and keep it monitored during the day....or my face is an oily mess. once again shiseido adds oil to the makeup. don't think i'll repurchase for that reason. it is good if you are going to be on waterslides, or outdoors in the water all day. I look better with just the sunscreen, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by coco93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is my HG it is just amazing, not only does it have SPF 30 ! but it controles the oil on my T-Zone, which is very important for me. The only down side to this product is that in the UK the lightest colour is sp40 with quite yellow undertones to it. I dont mind because i love this product so much so i just blend very well and take it down my neck a little.
    I blend the foundation out by spraying some water in one of those spray bottles onto the sponge that the foundation comes with ( another pluss) and it workes like dream.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ohsoosmexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The only downside to this foundation to me is the color selection.

Sp40 is too light, SP50 is too pink, and SP60 is too dark.

I own SP60 but will only wear it during the summertime when I'm tanned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this and i kinda like it but im just not that into it .The girl who works at the shiseido counter told me that this is suitable for all skin types, offers high coverage and gives a natural matte finish . Well all those claims are bullshits..This foundation is very watery and thin. Gives sheer to medium coverage and sets completely matte , and not the studio fix liquid kind of matte but the really ugly kind that picks every single hair of my face up and makes my skin dry and flat . I like the fact that has build in high sun protection in it.I also like the fact that once this is on is on for good has excellent staying power probably the best I ve ever seen ! I really like the packaging I really really do is very cute and playful and colorful and summery.Has also a ball shaking thing inside that helps you to give it a good shake before you use it. Unfortunately this foundation is not for me I have reasonably dry skin and this one feels so drying on me also as I get older i cant stand the matte finish foundations and this one sets 100% MATTE I prefer foundations that offer a more satiny natural finish like chanels vita or pro lumiere. I adored the high sun protection and the incredible staying power but I hated the thin dry consistency of it and its low coverage. If you are someone with combination,oily or very oily skin then probably this foundation is a very good option for you. Other with dryer skin types like me Im not so sure......make sure you test it before you buy it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

(13/03/2012) I love estee lauder double wear just a bit more but use this in the summertime when I am outside a lot!!! .......I bought this foundation on ebay because its not available where i live. I bought the colour SP50 and it matches perfectly! for reference I am in revlon colorstay 'sand beige'. I was afraid that it would be to dark but it matches so nice! I like this foundation when i am outside a lot. The foundation is very lightweight and has a super stayingpower. I putted it on today at 10 in the morning and at 7 tonight it wasnt moved. I must say i put always over my foundation Mattify! loose powder, that is also a must for oily skins. I will re-order this!!