Curel Ultra Healing Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion

4.6

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Shea Butter, Avena Sativa Meal Extract (Oat), Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Orange Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Acacia Senegal Gum, Gelatin, DMDM Hydantoin

on 4/26/2006 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best! I wash my hands about 10x an hour and this lotion keeps my hands so soft even after handwashing. It has the "fragrance-free" fragrance. You only have to use a little bit. It's non-greasy & absorbs quickly. I'm in love!

on 3/31/2006 12:10:00 AM

Curel, so far, is the best hand lotion I have tried. It is also a great all around lotion for face and body. It comes in a pump bottle and is available at local drug stores. I have extremely dry skin on my hands from doing my own housework and working with papers in an office. I used Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion for many years but had some problems with itchiness. Then I found Curel and am very pleased with this product. It has a very, very slight non-irritating odor which evaporates quickly. No strong overpowering fragrances in it. Curel has not caused any rashes for me as most lotions do. It keeps my hands supple and comfortable. However, you may need a stronger product on the tips of fingers and on cuticles. Aquaphor. Neosporin+Pain Relief Cream (not ointment), or petroleum jelly work well here - especially at night. A good hand cream is Cetaphil Therapeutic Hand Cream with Shea Butter; it is fragrance free and comes in a very transportable tube.

on 3/17/2006 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I live in Asia at the moment, which is pretty much pretty humid all year round, so I don't need stuff this intense most of the time, but when I went to LA over Christmas, I found that my skin was drying up and flaking and all sorts of other nasty things. So I read some rave reviews on this and picked it up at the drugstore, it was fairly cheap, something like $3 for a tube of it and the packaging was convenient and hygenic. It comes out somewhat thick and 'ointment'-y looking, a little like a very thick gel-oil. But it smoothes on easily enough and while it does take a few minutes to sink in, it really does do the trick. I noticed a very faint citrus scent when I put it on my lips as lipbalm, but when applied on my body, I didn't notice any scent at all. Onto the good stuff, THIS REALLY MOISTURIZES. It cured my scaly legs and arms and elbows with one application, and while it does feel a tad greasy for a few moments, it works on my face too as long as I don't put on too much. Makes my skin feel plumped up and healthy and great. I also use this as a cuticle balm and hand cream and it works great, better than my Burt's Bees Lemon Butter thing. I'm moving to Boston next year, and this will definitely be one of the first things I pick up when I get there.

on 3/17/2006 12:14:00 AM

This lotion was recommended to me by a tattoo artist after I got my first tattoo two years ago. I've strayed to other brands, but always come back to Curel. My favorite is the Ultra Healing Lotion but I also like the Natural Healing Lotion with Honey and Vanilla. It sinks in well, is not super sticky and actually does what it is supposed to do -- moisturize. It (the Ultra Healing) has a very faint scent that boys I know will use it without hesitation. I just made my Mom a convert after I commented she needed to moisturize her legs and she said she just had. That night she went to the drugstore and got some Curel. She called me to say "what a difference". Best of all, you don't need to pay a ridiculous price for a good body lotion. On sale at CVS, it was just under $5.

on 3/11/2006 1:33:00 PM

This winter ,my skin was a lot dryer than usual, to the point where it was getting really itchy and flaky. I tried different lotions, but they didn't do the job. Then I found Curel's Ultra Healing lotion at Walmart and thought I would give it a try.

I love it. I love the way it glides on the skin and the subtle scent. Best of all, it actually hyrdated my skin to the point where the itchiness and flakes disapeared. The best lotion I've tried in a long time. My fiance loves it too. I would definitely buy again.

on 3/7/2006 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wanted to like this lotion, especially from all the rave reviews. It felt great since that little amount in one pump was enough for both hands to be well-covered. However, my hands felt greasy and tacky until I washed them, even if I used a partial pump's worth. I usually apply lotion after showering to seal in the most moisture. When I awoke in the morning with this lotion on my hands, my hands didn't feel the creamy-oily-greasiness, but they were quite tacky-coated feeling, which I didn't like at all. So I'd rinse them off. After that, they felt dry again, like they hadn't been moisturized at all.

When I applied more during the day after handwashing (since it wasn't doing enough with my overnight use), my hands were yucky for at least 30 minutes where I couldn't touch anything without transfer, even with a partial pump's worth. Frequently, even after 30 minutes, there would be enough yuck I'd have to go rinse off my hands (just with water), simply to be able to work again. Also, I noticed that, despite the greasy-tackiness, my fingernails don't get shiny when I apply this lotion like with many other lotions. That may sound like a minor thing, but the ones that do provide shininess seem to moisturize my fingernails better to avoid dry cracking or breaking off).

On my body, it was less than desireable. My legs after shaving were smooth in a coated, tacky-waxy way, but my PJs or jeans or whatever I was putting on next stuck to me, even after waiting 15-20 minutes to put on clothes. Since my legs don't feel all that moisturized later (just coated with a tacky film), it's not worth waiting for those results.

I do like the orange creamsicle fragrance, but it fades very quickly.

In conclusion, I think the reformulation of this lotion last year was a mistake because I'm not experiencing anything like the rave reviews here, but I'm technically reviewing a later release of the product. I don't hate this product, but I have quite dry skin so need something moisturizes effectively, not just "lotion for the sake of lotion." Curel's website says that the main difference in the old and new formulations of the Ultra Healing was the addition of more Eucalyptus extract for its soothing properties, but I think that whatever they changed it that it wasn't for the better.

UPDATED: I tried the Curel Continous Comfort Lotion that's fragrance free, and it was much more long-lasting and creamy (still a little tacky). It's far superior to the Ultra, ironically, if you are looking for more moisture and longer lasting results.

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa Meal Extract (Oat), Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil (Orange), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Acacia Senegal Gum, Gelatin, DMDM Hydantoin continued >>

this is AMAZING...my skin feel like a baby's butt!...it says fragrance-free but i detect a *slight* citrus'y smell when getting it out of the bottle, but it doesnt smell on the skin. be sure not to use too much on one area, as it only takes a small amount to be able to slather and sink in. great silky feel!

on 1/25/2006 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is da bomb! It's the only moisturizer I've found that can hydrate my parched winter hands without being greasy. Plus, Curel was generous enough to give out free calendars and lotion samples on their website, and when I got the free calendar in the mail, it had a $1 off coupon for every month of the year in the back! Nothing but praise for this company and their superb lotions.

on 1/19/2006 8:31:00 PM

LOVE this lotion, it's not greasy, it's lightweight, it smells deliciously of orange Tootsie Roll pops (the kind I have, Curel Ultra Healing 24 hour daily moisturizing lotion for extra dry skin - blue bottle, coral swirls), oh yeah and the best part - it does what it says, my skin is SO healthy and hydrated this winter compared to others, I just love this stuff and it's the only lotion I use that my husband doesn't complain about the smell of! LOVE IT!

on 1/16/2006 4:13:00 PM

I'm not big on this Curel product, although I was sure I would be. I haven't tried the other scents, but I did give the Honey Vanilla and Shea butter one a whirl. I'm a vanilla fan, but pair it with honey and I'm done - it gets much too sweet for me. This smells just slightly less sweet than a Life brand nut and honey lotion I'd bought a few years ago, and the consistency, although thinner than a body butter, is stickier. Sweet and sticky unfortunately is not my body moisturizer of choice, but perhaps the green tea version will fare better.