August 30, 2014 | 915 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Cathuggins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite red lipstick of all time! Love it! I honestly haven't found anything to complain about. Will buy forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite red lipstick. The blue undertone along with the deep red makes a great contrast against my fair skin. Also the lipstick is very pigmented and only needs one coat and is very long-lasting. It stays on even when I eat. The price is fair because I replace it every five months.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by myrarox123

This product is really good, the colour is SUPER pigmented and I love it! It stays on, and it looks amazing on! The price is expensive but SO worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is the best red lipstick ever. My friends unanimously agree and we all stick to this shade of red by Mac. This is Mac`s icon red and has a timeless quality to it. We wore it years ago and we will continue to do so in future. When a woman wears Mac`s Russian Red you can spot her from a mile. That`s the power of this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful colour for any skin tone. It has a mirror shine finish, that you would expect from a glass at MAC. It has a light vanilla fragrance, which isn't over whelming, but quite nice. The wound to a perfect size. The packaging is fine, it would be nice if the MAC logo didn't rub of on the side, but that's only a tiny problem. All in all, I love this colour, it has ok staying power, but comes of really easily after a night out, so no scrubbing to get it off. Love this stuff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Walko

If you're looking for a lovely red lipstick look no further.This is semi matte, not drying, glides on beautifully ,makes lips look fuller,good staying power. I'm more of a pink girl really, but when I want to feel glamorous like on a night out this is the lippy I reach for.It's not an in your face red, just a nice bright colour that would suit most people.I've gotten through several tubes of this over the years, and don't bother with other red's now this is it!! Search over!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by maryttan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using MAC Brave Red for the longest time, until I misplaced it while traveling! When trying to replace it, the sales girl recommended that I try Russian Red instead and I haven't looked back since.

I have quite plump lips that are very, very dry so I usually go for lipsticks that are very moisturising. I was worried that Russian Red would dry my lips out and was very pleasantly surprised that it didn't! The red goes on smoothly, doesn't feather (even without lipliner) and stayed on all night long through drinking and partying.

I usually apply two coats direct from the tube, blot twice, and then apply another one or two coats to seal it in. The colour really pops against my tan, Asian skintone and brightens my teeth!

The only downside is that it does rub off when I kiss my boyfriend (hehe) but no complaints otherwise! HG red for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Bina7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The prettiest red lipstick of all times. I bet it looks great on all skin tones. I never understood why Ruby Woo is so famous when Mac's greatest is definitely Russian Red

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Probably the most dramatically flattering red I have ever worn! On me it turns into the perfect neutral but saturated, deep velvety red. I would describe it as 1940s Old Hollywood-era glamour red. This is the kind of red I have been looking for, like the kind of red that would have looked amazing on a woman like Ava Gardner.

I love that it's perfectly matte but isn't too dry, provided I put on a balm beforehand. I also use the MAC cherry lip pencil to give it a cleaner line. I think it's very flattering and sophisticated. And to me, it doesn't appear blue-based but pretty neutral, especially next to Ruby Woo.

I actually went into the MAC store to look at and probably buy Ruby Woo, as it sounded like something that would suit me more, but the salesgirl (who was super helpful) actually steered me towards this one, saying that Ruby Woo would be too pink/cool for someone like me. She said I was a true neutral, who needed a neutral red. (I asked her what my MAC shade truly is, as I have been estimating it for a while without actually being assessed by a third party, and she said that I was one of the fairest customers she has ever encountered, and probably a NC05, maybe a NC10 at the darkest right now. I didn't know I was that pale, lol yikes!) She also explained to me that I had a very unusual skin tone and that's why I have always struggled to find not only good foundation shades, but good blush shades and even eyeshadow shades. It was very enlightening! But I was so happy to find a good red for me. I even got complimented on it by a stranger a few minutes after leaving the store, with the lippy still on. I took that as a good sign!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by perfectlyflawed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

Yep, this is the red for me. I'm African-African (NC45). This color "pops" on me. I paired it with MAC Burgundy lipliner. It really helps to set the look for me. This color speaks for itself, so I usually do a very neutral eye. I'd definitely recommend this if you're looking for a that "must have" red!