April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipstick is beautiful! Stands out so nice. I used to always debate on this or ruby woo and ended up getting both. Russian red is classier to me. Ruby woo is playful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

LOVE this color! Reds that look good on my fair/cool skin are hard to find but this one is lovely. To me, there's nothing like a sexy red lip. The formula is perfect. Not too dry but not too wet, has good staying power. As always, love the classic MAC vanilla scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Mazilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Russian Red is the universal red lip colour, red/blue. I cover the entire lip area with Mac Liner in Brick first for more staying power. Wearing red lipstick is high-maintenance, fastidious application but it's worth every bit of attention received...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by ale123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to wear red lipstick almost every day and i had always wanted to buy russian red , because of all these people raving for it . The product itself is a very beautiful red . Unfortunately , this lipstick does not suit me ... i feel rather uncomfortable wearing it , although i have tried more intense colours . I think that its matte finish looks rather unflattering on me . I like more hydrating lipsticks better . For that reason , i wear it only as a base for another red lipstisk , because stays forever on the lips !
As for the price , i bought on sales for 11 euros - not too pricey for mac products .

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like every other blue based "red", this turned fuschia on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by annecsuaverdez

This could be the best red I could ever have. It's not so expensive like the others but still it does its best. It stays long for about 4-6 hours, without eating much. It's very pigmented that I can just apply on my lower lip and it would cover even my upper lip. I've been using it for a year now and there's still much left on the tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by annieSFRBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have literally been using this lipstick on an almost daily basis for about 16 years. It is by far the best red lipstick I have found. I've tried others that are more creamy or glossy, but they bleed and don't stay on. This stuff is pretty amazing and I get compliments all the time and people asking what color red I am wearing. I am a loyal consumer of this for sure and have no plans of changing. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Gen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Russian red is my go to lippie.. It has long staying power but it does stain so you have to be careful when applying not to get it anywhere else besides your lips it's a bit drying but If you moisturize before Hand you should be fine I specially love it this time a year and its very versatile I think it'll look great on any skin tone

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ZoeElland

HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by bbleu7856

This lipstick is miraculous! It never ceases to amaze me that this looks good on most skin colors - warm, cool, or in between. When I had strawberry blonde hair, I was looking for a flattering red lipstick that would not make me look sickly or washed out. I went to the MAC counter and talked to one of the girls there. I inquired about Ruby Woo. She took one look at me and said that Russian Red would actually be a much better fit for my reddish hair. I tried it on and was astonished at how great it looked. I then tried on Ruby Woo, and noticed that it didn't do a thing for me with my strawberry blonde hair. The Ruby Woo is too blue based so it made my complexion look ruddy and sallow. But the Russian Red (even though it looks similar to Ruby Woo) was absolutely beautiful on me!