November 21, 2014 | 1647 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Half Baked Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first Urban Decay eyeshadow and I'm totally impressed with it, love the texture and color pay off

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like with majority of Urban Decay shadows, I love it! I have had this color for awhile now, I don't use it often but I love to hold on to it because I know I will need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Pineapplegirlie25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the second urban decay eyeshadow I ever bought, and when I bought it I knew virtually nothing about makeup. Since then, I have added alot more to my collection but I still keep comming back to use this particular eyeshadow. I love the formula, very creamy feeling, it gives a nice golden sheen. Looks kind of like liquid bronze-gold on the lid. I love how it goes so well with any brown crease color as well. Really pretty for a neutral look, and it just brightens up your whole face! :) overall it is a great color for my warm complexion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

This eyeshadow is incredible! The color, the texture, the way it wears on my lids... simply stunning! I had sworn off UD eyeshadows years ago after my 1st (bad) experience with one.... something named "cowboy" or "cowgirl"... don't remember which one... ANYWAY, that "bad" one was chock full o' glitter and scared me right away from Urban Decay! But I have been slowly "dipping my toes" back into UD because I adore their 24/7 eye pencils, and when I swiped a few shadows on display just for fun, I really liked their finishes! I have finally realized that not ALL of their shadows are glitter bombs... just a select few, and those I shall avoid like the plague. But Half-Baked is a beautiful neutral that looks orange-y on display, but wears like a shimmery, tan-neutral with a subtle golden glow on my lids. Think MAC "All That Glitters," but 10X better, IMO. Speaking of MAC, Half-Baked looks amazing with MAC Cork in the crease. The two just blend together so beautifully and make for a very pretty, very wearable, daytime look.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of UD's better shades, not to mention the fantastic finish (frost, as opposed to the habitual lustre). That being said, this shade is not universally flattering, as with most gold-infused shadows. On me, the color turns slightly brassy-orange, which occurs often with other shades in its color family (UD's Baked, MAC's Woodwinked and Sumptuous Olive, etc.)
I do like it nevertheless, but am disappointed that the pan color doesn't translate onto my lids. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color--a subtle biscuit gold that will make your eyes glow. It brightens up mine, but it way more muted than I'd have expected. A friend complimented me on it immediately. (I'm PPP with neutral/cool coloring, dark hair, dark eyes, and I love washes--this is a perfect one!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by InfamousBabyJ

I also love this color from UD. It's a beautiful gold shimmery color and has awesome payoff. Normally golds are kind of pale and not really bright by itself, but this particular one is awesome by itself. This is a great summery color. It also is very smooth, alot smoother than other UD eyeshadows, which I thought was really weird, but I love it none the less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This golden shimmer is great for pale blue-green-grey-hazel eyes like mine. Its got a gorgeous metallic sheen that looks wonderful on the browbone. I like to pair it with earthy shades, but it also looks exceptionally great with blues and purples.

I bought this as a single after hitting pan in a UD palette, I love palettes for this very reason. You know that if you use it enough to hit that pan, you can justify spending the money on a single.

This just might be my very favorite UD shadow ever, and I am quite fond of UD so that's saying a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i really love this eyeshadow. i came across this in the urban decay arsenal palette/kit and was very surprised at how great the shadow is. i never thought i'd be a person who could wear golds very well, but this compliments my eyes and somehow makes the whites seem brighter. the best way i can possibly describe this shadow is what stila kitten would be if it were a pale golden yellow instead of a peachy pink. the level and type of shine/glitter in this shadow is very similar to kitten, although the shade is different. i like to pair this up with UD roach (another shade that i love in the arsenal kit -- and i hate browns.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I spent forever swatching the shadows at Ulta until I came up with just the combo I wanted which was this and Twice Baked. I love how they look together, the frosty bronze of HB with the rich chocolate TB in the crease, they really make my green eyes pop. This was my first UD purchase and it's still one of my favorites today.