November 24, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite MAC lipstick, it's a great on-the-go lipstick when you don't want to wear a bold red or pink. It's a great nudie/faint pinkish colour, and since I have pigmented lips, it just looks like a frosty gloss on me, and it doesn't look too bad or too "try hard". Makes my already pink lips stand out! I'm already going to need a 2nd tube. :p

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I won't go in to describing the color of this lipstick since it's pretty well known. I do like the effect it gives. My lips are pretty pigmented but for some reason it doesn't look nearly as pink on me as it does in the picture here. That aside, I think this lipstick is very pretty and perfect for day looks. For me, it is kinda unexpected. I don't normally go for brown-toned lip stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has grown on me - when I first got it I thought it was completely unremarkable, but now I really like it. It's a nice nude-pink with lots of shimmer. It suits my pale skin color perfectly with just enough color for everyday wear - I can wear this to teach. It also is benefited by a lip liner and gloss for evening if you want to do a smoky eye. Definitely a staple and very flattering to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick for it's versatility, I have tried it with many different looks from minimal makeup to a full-on smoky eye and it goes exceptionally well with them all so I take this one everywhere - It is not necessarily my go-to lipstick but it is a failsafe.
The formula I find more drying than other MAC lipsticks and the glitter is a bit too gritty for this to be perfect but it works as a staple. That being said I am on the fence about repurchasing this, I think because I have so many lipsticks just now I likely won't be buying more any time soon, I think when the stash has reduced somewhat this will weedle it's way back into my life.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tinnag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Don't get the hype about this one.. It's okay but nothing special, way to glittery for me ... Will use it up but not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I wear this pretty much every day. I'm ~NC20 and this is my MLBB color-- very subtle but makes me look polished. I tend to wear mostly browns and bronzes on my eyes with peach blush and this goes well with those. It's somewhat drying but I just use Vaseline before it so it's fine. All the money goes to the MAC AIDS Fund so it's for a good cause. I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick, my favourite for the winter. On my nc15 skin this is a gorgeous mlbb with a soft sheen and pretty good staying power. I can wear a light coat during the day for work but I also like it in the evening with smokey eyes and dewy skin. Although I'm fair I live in a hot country and when the summer arrives I tan quite a bit, usually going to around a nc25 shade. As soon as my skin gets this dark I stop wearing this, i find that against tanned skin it takes on a kind of cool, greyish undertone that's pretty unflattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year when I was looking for a nice neutral that I could pack into my makeup bag for those caught out without makeup days. I love this shade for the fact that while it is neutral it still has a hint of pink without being too overpowering of a shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

blah. I normally love MAC l/s but this one is way too gritty for me. For some reason the color turns out brown on my lips too. FAIL.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this colour comes out WAY too dark on me! it's a gorgeous lipstick, though. i've tried altering my application technique & still, i just can't get it to look right :(