Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

First and foremost, this mascara is only seven bucks! And itís carried in most drugstores nationwide. This gem may not be in a pretty hot pink tube, with girly neon colors, it may not have vibrating brushes or fancy flashing lights, however this mascara is SOLID... and I do not leave the house without a tube in my aersenol (I have 4 tubes total).

Full ĎN Soft Waterproof also does all of the things I want a mascara to do ó adding length and separation to my lashes while holding a curl, so that I look wide awake (even when Iím not).

Full ĎN Soft doesnít flake, smudge or run, I dont get bumps or clumps... just smooth, evenly coated lashes, which means I get control over how my lashes look. This is a must with mascara... you should always be in control and be able to minipulate the product you are working with, this is the beauty of makeup.

Another thing I really like about this mascara is how well it layers. When I want them to look natural, like for the beach, I just apply one or two layers for that feathery, separated look. Or when Iím craving something more dramatic, Iíll do three or four. With this being said, no matter how many layers, how much drama, or where I am and what I am doing- this mascara stays put and looks beautiful all day long.

My results with this mascara are consistently great, which is why I always have a tube of it with me. If you have not tried this, I urge you to do so. This mascara gives the look of a high end product with a drug store price. What more could you ask for?

on 4/29/2013 12:40:00 AM

This has slowly become one of my go to mascaras. I've tried multiple other drug store brands and they have all smudged, clumped, or flaked on me and they wouldn't hold a curl very well at all. This is the best drug store find I have come across in a while. It doesn't clump or get flakey on me, and the waterproof formula works wonders in my case. (Yes, I've cried multiple times while wearing this, no smudges or lines) It's not super voluminous, but it is easily build-able without clumping. It does add length as well though my lashes are decently long naturally so that wasn't a big deal for me. It dries pretty quickly which is great since it holds a curl pretty much all day. This mascara is a great everyday mascara that can be layered easily for a more dramatic night out look if needed. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 4/16/2013 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great natural looking waterproof mascara. Good for if you're going to get sweaty or get in the water.

on 4/11/2013 11:01:00 PM

Amazing. I just got this today after reading all the glowing reviews and this mascara is amazing. I paid about $7 for it at target and put it on right when I got home. It separates every lash. No clumps!! I didn't know a mascara could really do that. I love it!

on 4/3/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

UPDATE: I've worn it for a few days without a base, not in particularly dry or humid weather, and it's held up just as well.
*Keep in mind that I'm reviewing this while wearing Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base underneath. All of my mascara reviews are with a base.*
I was impressed with this mascara when I wasn't expecting to be-- I've tried a couple drugstore brands and haven't liked them at all. The main reasons why I'm drawn to this one is the softness and separation it gives. I don't ever go for formulas advertised as volumizing because they have always clumped on me to some degree and I definitely don't need the extra step in the morning of combing through my lashes. This one is the exception: the formula is smooth and nearly impossible to clump, even at three coats, and builds volume nicely while keeping lash ends tapered. I love that it has a traditional bristle brush as they seem to be growing more rare. I'd say dries to a middle-of-the-road black: darker than Lancome but lighter than YSL. My lashes also stay very soft throughout the day. I was kind of excited when I finished applying because I almost appeared to be wearing false lashes, since they're on the sparse side when bare.
However, I wish that it lengthens as well as it separates and volumizes, and that the brush was a bit smaller to make reaching small hairs easier. When I pull the applicator out of the tube, blobs of product collect at the very base of the brush-- it doesn't affect perfomance but it gets the rim a little messy as I use it each day. The pigmentation is nothing to complain about, but move along if you're looking for that elusive, deep-space black (and tell me when you find it!). While the mascara is easy to wash off with warm water, some say that it tends to smudge during wear. I haven't had a problem with this due to my mascara base having a slight waterproofing effect, but the vitamin E is probably what causes it to smudge. I haven't experienced how well it holds up with sweat or heat, but I'll update if you care to check back. I can't say I'll repurchase because Maybelline does test on animals.
Overall, I rate this mascara as equal to or better than some of the high-end ones I've used for years. At $9 a tube, it performs beyond its price.

on 3/28/2013 7:02:00 AM

I love this mascara as I find it's a great match for straight stubborn lashes like the ones I have. The waterproof version sets quickly and thus locks in a curl very well. It's not a very volumizing formula, but it's a good daily mascara for school or work that doesn't scream "I work at MAC!" (no offense) but still gives fuller lashes. Minus one lippie because the waterproof version smudged slightly on me and it was still a b to remove -_- However, that was after a nearly 10 hour day walking around campus and it wasn't to the point of raccoon eyes, just some grey shadow under my bottom lashes. I don't expect makeup to last perfectly and not budge no matter what so it's not a huge deal to me. Even though it's harder to remove, the non waterproof version doesn't hold a curl as well, so on days when I feel I'll have more time for makeup removal I stick with this waterproof version.

on 3/20/2013 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn't the best mascara I've ever used but good for the price and I'd pick it up again in a pinch. I bought it to tide me over until I can reorder my usual Lights Camera Splashes. It gives a nice soft fringe that's great for casual everyday wear but it took three coats for me to be satisfied with it. The brush is a little too soft and feels like it has a hard time grabbing my lashes. I wish the bristles were a bit firmer but this is a nice cheap option for casual looks and does hold a curl longer than my usual mascara. I can't comment on how this holds up in the water yet but I live in a warm humid climate so buy I WP to avoid smudging. I've had no issues with that so far. Not for someone looking for dramatic lashes for sure but for $5 it's good for everyday.

on 3/18/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

UPDATE: taking 1 lippie off for the AWFUL chemical smell! the waterproof one is indeed waterproof, but lawd, the smell just goes straight up my nose and stings! keeping to the NON waterproof water next time-love that one!
------------------------------
ive tried both water proof and non and honestly, the NON has the formula i prefer. theres just something about the water proof one...i cant really put my finger on it, maybe its a bit more "dry"? but its not such a huge difference that i wouldn't buy it again if the water soluble one was out of stock. its still one of the best dang mascaras on the market for soft clump free lashes for an awesome daytime look! i would give the water soluble one 5 stars and this one gets a 4 :)

on 3/8/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I think all mascaras start to clump or to flake after a month or two, so I prefer to use a drugstore brand that I can rotate often. I have used all the expensive brands, but I prefer this one (and it has to be the waterproof one, the other one clumps). I prefer natural-looking lashes without the extreme thickening effect. This mascara defines and lengthens without clumping or flaking.

on 3/7/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite mascara so far. Love the formula, not too wet, not too dry and the waterproof formula doesn't weigh my curls down. It lengthens and gives a clean and defined looked, which is what I look for in a mascara. My only complaint is that by afternoon it will still smudge a bit under my eyes. Even waterproof mascara doesn't stand a chance against my extremely oily lids =[

Popular Mascaras