October 31, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty much one total waste of money. I have average lashes, and this did absolutely nothing in the way of either thickening or lengthing, In fact, it did nothing at all even after 3 coats.. I got the blackest black, and I saw no change in my lashes at all, It was as if there was no mascara on the brush, Nothing, I dipped the wand a few times, and tested it on a kleenex....there was mascara there, but it was very thin, I didn't want thick goopy mascara, and I liked the full and soft idea, but this is worse then nothing, Don't bother with it unless you have wonderous lashes and don't need mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried it out on one eye, and it's definitely the best mascara i've ever used. i even was able to use it on my bottom lashes (2 coats!) no clumping, no streaking. the consistency is very lightweight, so it will not weigh down your lashes, they still do feel soft. it separates and coats every single individual lash, dries very quickly, and does not irritate my eyes! i'm very very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a staunch waterproof mascara opponent, I never thought I would love this mascara! I bought it for a trip to the beach and was pleasantly surprised by the length and definition it gave my lashes. I have naturally long lashes that stick straight out, and this mascara holds a curl all day. It also didn't smudge, flake, or run when worn to the beach and on hot, humid days. The only cons are that it doesn't provide much in the way of volume and the tube dries out fairly quickly. As for removal, I had no trouble removing it completely with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I will definitely repurchase this mascara for next summer, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural lengthening mascara that will last all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

See my review on the regular version of this mascara - this is exactly the same (obviously) except its waterproof.
What are the differences when you use the waterproof version? No smudges in hot humid weather (I wore this in Bali), your lashes will stick straight up all day.
Cons: if you value your lashes you really need to take this off at the end of the day because it can be damaging.
I will often go to bed with makeup on because I get super tired. There is no problem doing this with the regular version but with the waterproof version you will find that a few days of doing this your lashes will be shorter and you will lose a few. They'll be thinner overall as well.
But this is because its a harsher product. It is one which will 'set' in a manner of speaking i.e. you curl your lashes and then apply this and it will stay that way until its off! Lashes will not droop at all. I have gotten comments on it.
No flaking with this though!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

12 years & counting my go to mascara!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of this though I think Maybelline mascaras are the best drugstore mascaras on the market right now. This hardly holds the curl for me and it doesn't give me enough volume..very little. It does make lashes soft but it just looks "blah" on me and doesn't make my eyes stand out in anyway or look any bigger. Btw, I have short straight asian lashes. I always have to wear waterproof and I find that this did smudge. My HG is Maybelline Turbo Boost in the black and red tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by MashZah

Believe it or not, but I have been using this product for over 11 years! I first bought it for my grade 9 grad party and at 25 it's still my favorite mascara. I've tried many others over the years but found myself coming back to this again and again. It's perfect for everyday and a second coat makes it perfect for night. It separates my lashes like no other and gives me a natural, defined look. Don't expect mega volume, just a more defined look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute HG mascara! The best I have tried to date and the only one I use consistently and buy back-ups for. Love this mascara for giving my lashes extra length, separation and more volume. I have long eyelashes so this just accentuates them more and the waterproof formula holds my curl well. This has been the first mascara I've found to hold my curl as my lashes are so stubborn its crazy. It isn't an extremely pigmented mascara but it with another coat is does go darker for a more dramatic look.

If you hate mascaras that clump then this is great for that as it will NOT 100% clump at all! The waterproof formula didn't smudge at all and it never made my lashes look crumbly or feel too hard. Highly recommend this mascara for a 'your lashes but better' effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, but sadly, this product smudges like crazy on me. I started with the water-soluble version, as waterproof mascaras are harsher on the lashes. I loved how this gave my lashes the right amount of length and volume; I don't like super dramatic eyes! And it definitely lives up to its "Full 'n Soft" claim. I thought that I had found my holy grail mascara...until I looked at myself in the mirror at the end of the day and saw all the smudges under my eyes! That may not be a problem for those who wear eyeliner but the fact is I don't... I then decided to try the waterproof formula. Same deal: full and soft lashes, didn't take a ton of effort to remove, but still a ton of smudging. It's a pity because I love everything else about this mascara....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara does what it claims; It gives you full and soft looking eyelashes. It definitely separates my lashes and makes them look fuller and softer looking. It does lengthen my eyelashes a bit. This mascara does not dry crispy/crunchy on your eyelashes, so it is much easier to remove than other waterproof mascaras. When I use this mascara my eyelashes do not feel soft and smooth as if I was not wearing any mascara, but they definitely don't feel as hard/crispy as other mascaras I have used. This mascara being in waterproof doesn't smudge, and it holds a decent curl; The curl just falls slightly, but for the most part this holds a curl. This mascara if for those seeking natural looking eyelashes, this is not a mascara to use it you want dramatic lashes. This does what it claims, so it would be silly if someone gave it a bad review because this mascara didn't give them extreme length or volume.