October 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Could there be anything bad about this gorgeously rich vanilla scent? Not for me! Indeed, it's expensive, the bottle is in plastic, but who cares when the perfume itself smells like heaven? I'm one of those that cannot wear citrus scents, so this was absolutely perfect on me! It lasts longer if I spray it on a cotton shirt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, this was a pleasant suprise.

I had never bothered smelling this in stores, as I assumed it'd just smell similar to the regular Poison. It actually is a completely different fragrance, and why they just didn't release it under a totally new name is beyond me.

It's mainly almond-y, with a drydown of comforting vanilla - it makes it incredibly warm, soft and comforting.

It reminded my husband very pleasantly of good vanilla ice cream, but my sister took one sniff and said "Warm Pillows!" so that just shows you how people react to it differently.

It also lasts all day, which is a relief after some disappointing fragrances in that area *coughapresl'ondeecough*

This has become my go-to fragrance when I'm feeling rather tired and vunerable. On those days it's awfully nice to envelop yourself in warm pillows.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I think the jasmine ruins it for me but also the fact that once you've got it on you kind of cannot escape it. You and your clothes, hair etc, will all smell like this until all are washed. For some that's good but I'm not one of them. Its just so strong from the get go and in my opinion, the dry down is not much milder, just cloying. You have to love this to even wear the smallest amount.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by underage

Jasmine, Almond, and Vanilla- A perfect combination! This is my one of my favorite Dior fragrances. Its sweet but in a sexy way, not like a little girl. I love this for a going out perfume. It's very strong so you only need a few squirts! The bottle is adorable as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sophia0408

I love this smell and just like some others never thought it would be Dior. My old boss used to wear this fragrance & I love it but since then I don't care to wear this anymore as it brings back old memories of her. I still wish I could wear this since it is one of my favorites and such a sexy fragrance. One day I will soon get to wear this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I smelled this on someone at a concert and when I asked her what it was, bless her heart (unlike me, who wants to keep all of her fragrances a secret), she was honest in telling me what it was! It smelled wonderfully comforting and absolutely devine. I happily inhaled that fragrance deeply through the entire concert. After having promised myself that I had way too many fragrances and was not going to buy anymore, I just had to break down and get a bottle of this. I have over 150+ fragrances (none of them cheap), and this is the only one that my husband actually commented on in a positive way. I smell the vanilla, sandalwood and the musk in this. At first spray, it reminds me of Play Dough, but the drydown is OMG, so sexy. I feel like a vixen when I wear it. Long lasting for an edt. Spray in the morning and it is still going strong in the evening. Never thought I would like any Dior fragrance as much as vintage Miss Dior, but WOW...this is the bomb!! Love the "rotten apple" bottle too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is such a gorgeous smell. It's really sexy, strong and feminine..almost hypnotizing. It lasts quite a long time on my skin but nothing amazing. I like the bottle apart from the color, it really doesn't go well with my blue bathroom tiles.. (just kidding...ok actually I'm not =)).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff - it is oddly addicting as other's have said. I tried to avoid it because I feel like so many people wear it, but I couldn't stay away. To me, it smells like a sweet cigar. I mean this in the best way. I love it. Sexy, sweet, WOMANLY. The bottle is quite unnattractive though, so -1 lippie. I also find that it lasts long but doesn't maintain it's initial strenght long at all. I smell the almond forever, even after I've washed my clothes, but the rest of it fades rather quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

This is very powerful stuff for an EDT. I have a decanted rollerball of this so that I can apply very carefully. It is a yummy almond and vanilla tinged gourmand that isn't too foody because of it's complexity. It was the almond note that really intrigued me. This would have received a 5 if not for it fading into "generic perfume" stage on my skin, though it's not as bad as some that actually give me a headache. It's just a slight annoyance.

Edit: I gave this another try; I don't know if the newer tester bottles smell different than my decant, but I wore it quite heavily after spritzing at Nordstroms, and did not have the same problematic "generic perfume" notes. Maybe my skin chemistry has changed a bit? Whatever the reason, this is now a highly coveted scent that I may end up spending full price on a large bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Suuushi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance ... smells amazinggg too bad it's not long wearing on my skin :(