Dior Hypnotic Poison

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

i am totally addicted to this!! the bottle is so cute, i love the name, and the perfume is just to die for. it embodies everything i want in a fragrance. i'd say it smells like a sweet vanilla smoke. this is the perfect scent if you love vanilla or rich orientals.

I wear this because my boyfriend is absolutely OBSESSED with hypnotic poison. Ive worn dozens of scents around him and maybe only a couple slightly caught his attention but only for a second. However when it comes to hypnotic poison he just goes crazy. He'll hug me constantly throughout the day just to smell me and starts to melt. The only scent that really does it for him. As for me, I am not absolutely crazy about the scent as he is. It smells good.though, I dont mind wearing it. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Tooth-achingly sweet almond milk with a heavy dollop of vanilla extract. While almond and vanilla are two of my favorite notes, they're a bit too strong here, though I appreciate the fact that despite their strength the notes don't go into a fake plastic stage. If it was a little less sweet and the spices amped a little bit more, Hypnotic Poison could've been a decent dupe for the much-beloved but overpriced Tobacco Vanille. As it stands HP is a bit too gourmand for my taste, and I'll stick with Coromandel for my vanilla comfort scent. Sillage packs a punch, and for an EDT the longevity was quite strong. Wouldn't buy as there are much better options for sweet and spicy out there.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been through several bottles of this over the years, I started wearing it in my early teens after smelling it on my mother (who considers herself quite the perfume aficionado, which is good considering my knowledge of perfume goes as far as "I like the way this smells because...") and since then, it has become one of my signature scents. Every time I wear it, I get compliments from men and women alike. It has a very alluring and dare I say, hypnotic, appeal to its scent. I love wearing this in the day time as a bit of a suprise, as I know many would probably consider this a 'night' fragrance. I don't like to label any perfume as my 'all-time favourite' as I enjoy switching it up between different scents for different occasions, however, this is without a doubt the perfume that I repurchase the most. I'm never without a bottle.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I agree with lily, below. I tried this due to all the hype recently. While I like the root beer float middle stage, it dries down and opens up way too intensively and gets right in your nose and throat in a very unpleasant way.Like all the poisions, it always seems to border on a try-too-hard, femme fatale, tip.

Don't like it. Can't really put my finger on what notes I'm getting from it but nothing stands out and it just smells like some basic 'perfumey perfume'. Sorry Hypnotic lovers! Boring and kind of annoying.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really liked this warm gourmand scent when I sprayed the tester on at the store. I did this on two seperate occasions at Macy's and the scent lasted a long time. When I bought a 1.7 bottle though (from the same Macy's), it didn't last that long. I don't understand it because you would think that Macy's would have fresh, genuine product.

Anyway, I love the drydown on this if only my bottle had better sillage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wear this perfume in the nighttime as I don't feel it's suited for the daytime. It's heavy and a bit mystique. I like the different scent, but I prefer Midnight Poison because it's fresher and more versatile.

I found myself getting tired of Hyponotic Poison very early, and switched to a different more type of classic winter smell by JPG.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love Hypnotic Poison. I discovered this lovely perfume in high school and have adored it since. This perfume smells so rich and luxerious. I find this scent to be pretty unique- I haven't smelt any quite like it. I haven't worn it in awhile (I own tons of perfume and consider myself a perfume junkie) and recently repurchased it. Gorgeous scent, stays put all day. The only problem is it tends to give me a headache sometimes. :( But that won't stop me from loving it. :) <3 Seductive, beautiful perfume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the nicest fragrance I've ever come across. Very Vanilla and very sweet, which I like. Isn't too overpowering and lasts all day. I always get compliments on how nice this smells. Sometimes I mix it with another sweet scent and it smells even better :)

Popular Fragrances