April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I never paid attention to this gorgeous scent. I have the original Poison and I LOVE it (I love that kind of scent). Then I smelled Dior Addict and was underwhelmed. I hate Dolce Vita. Maybe that's why I let the rest slip by.

Anyhoo, I went to Sephora yesterday and asked for a sample of this. Oh, Dior, why did I ever doubt you? This is so beautiful. My kinda scent: heady, mysterious, oriental, and most importantly: UNIQUE ... If you are a Eau de Mallrat fan, stay away from this. But it's going to be your loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An ex boyfriend bought me a version of Dior Poison a few years back and it was an awful smell. I can't seem to find it online but it was in the same Poison style bottle but almost black with a green tint. But maybe it was the original purplish one. Anyway the smell was so strong and heady it made me think that it would be what the evil lady from Disney's Sleeping Beauty would smell like! I secretly threw away the bottle and told him I used it up because I dreaded spraying it and I just couldn't pull of that scent even if i wanted to.
So when I saw my friend squirt this red bottle labelled "Hypnotic Poison" on herself mutliple times while we were getting ready to go out, I braced myself and waited for the dreadful scent to hit me but instead came something sweet and almost edible but rich and intoxicatingly delicious. It was love at first sniff. When she went to the bathroom I squirted myself and couldn't pry my nose from my wrist for the rest of the evening. I didn't want to wash it off my arm and CRAVED the scent of it all week! I purchased my own bottle and ripped it open in the car so I could get another hit. Is this what crack is like?!
OK when people say they smell play-doh or silly putty when they first spray it, I do see what they mean. But i don't mind it at all! The almond and vanilla is what is most prominent to my nose. I adore jasmin and can't specifically pick it out but I know it's in there sophisticating the sweet notes. The dry down is very vanilla with a hint of spice.
I've liked other fragrances but never have itched to smell them like this. I promised myself I would finish up my other bottles before I went full-time with this but I can't resist it. I truly think this will be a life long signature fragrance for me. It's like my soulmate in a bottle!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Awee001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to have a perfume that i can say is my scent and i found it. Hypnotic poison is amazing. It has a musky yet fresh scent with jasmine almond and wood oils to make it wonderful. I first smelled the scent on my aunt when i was 16 and when i turned 18 i bought it for myself. All throughout college people knew that i passed by cause the perfume scent would linger behind, and my college sweetheart (now husband) couldn't get enough of the smell. When i turned 23 i put it off for a bit just thinking that i should try something new. Ive tried coco chanel, got presents of perfumes from some other companies tried a lot of victoria secret sprays and never really loved any of them. Now (27) i smelled hypnotic poison on somebody walking by and i reminisced on the old days. I finally got it and even though its a strong smell for the summer i just dab a little and enjoy my day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I love this fragrance!! I always get comments about how good I smell when i wear this! (Fave fragrance: Dior hypnotic poison, Burberry Brit, Paco Robanne XS for her, YSL Cinema, Jean Paul Classique)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by TroubleMaker21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It was definitely love at first smell with this fragrance. I have read through all of the reviews for this scent, and I do have to agree with many of the posters: One spray is ALL you need -it can be very strong!

It's a very warm, comforting, spicy-sweet, sexy scent that I just can't get enough of. The initial spray of the perfume does remind me slightly of Play-doh, but not in a nauseating way, and it vanishes very quickly. I get the bitter almond, though I don't get the root beer/plasticy scent that some other posters have spoken of. The dry down is just beautiful -soft, sweet vanilla that makes me want to sniff my wrist evey 5 seconds! I could see how many of the posters recommend this for fall/winter, and while I may agree, I plan to wear it all year round myself -it's just that delicious!

Also another note I agree on -men just love it. I've only had this perfume for a week, and have already gotten several compliments from both men and women (mostly men.)

Very well done....Hypnotic Poison is a huge hit in my books and I will definitely repurchase. I bought the biggest bottle they had, so I got the glass apple instead of the matte plastic bottle that the 1oz comes in. Nothing cheap or chintzy about the bottle -it's beautiful, has weight to it and looks great on my dresser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Yasmiiin

This is my favourite perfume and nothing can replace it !!! Smells sooooo good, yes it is hyponotising :-P ... I love it, others love it when they smell it and worth its price i'd never stop buying it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the way this smells! Sweeter than all the other poisons, with an after smell that reminds me of baby powder, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by shannon83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have finally found my HG scent, this stuff is like heaven in a bottle. I received this today and from the first sniff I was totally in love or "hypnotized" if you will.lol I was worried I would like it because so many reviews said that it was either a love or hate perfume and that it was strong and heavy and "not for the faint of heart". Normally I am not into stronger muskier or oriental scents. This on my though is actually light and lovely. I can smell the black licorice, root beer, marzipan, almond, and vanilla that everyone talks about. And I feel they are all blended so well together and complement each other so nicely. The smell of this perfume makes me think of cashmere sweaters for some reason, it's just so warm and cozy and really inviting. This is my boyfriends favorite scent ever, his old family friend use to wear it so he is the one that suggested I try this and I am glad he did. I will def. never let myself run out of this. I suggest it to everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jcmil2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a girlfriend who wore this perfume as her "signature" scent and I can still remember the first time I saw her and smelled this delicious fragrance. Call it a subjective opinion, but this is just about the darkest, sexiest, most sensual fragrance I've ever come across. Very, very intoxicating.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont like sugary-sweet vanilla perfumes, but I do like this one. Its staying power is amazing - i smell this perfume on my clothes weeks after I wore it. the sweetness dissapears after a few minutes and dries down to a soft vanilla sweetness, thats actually really enjoyable. I recommend this for winter/fall.