Dior Hypnotic Poison

on 10/6/2011 3:16:00 PM

Don't like it. Can't really put my finger on what notes I'm getting from it but nothing stands out and it just smells like some basic 'perfumey perfume'. Sorry Hypnotic lovers! Boring and kind of annoying.

on 10/1/2011 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really liked this warm gourmand scent when I sprayed the tester on at the store. I did this on two seperate occasions at Macy's and the scent lasted a long time. When I bought a 1.7 bottle though (from the same Macy's), it didn't last that long. I don't understand it because you would think that Macy's would have fresh, genuine product.

Anyway, I love the drydown on this if only my bottle had better sillage.

on 10/1/2011 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wear this perfume in the nighttime as I don't feel it's suited for the daytime. It's heavy and a bit mystique. I like the different scent, but I prefer Midnight Poison because it's fresher and more versatile.

I found myself getting tired of Hyponotic Poison very early, and switched to a different more type of classic winter smell by JPG.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love Hypnotic Poison. I discovered this lovely perfume in high school and have adored it since. This perfume smells so rich and luxerious. I find this scent to be pretty unique- I haven't smelt any quite like it. I haven't worn it in awhile (I own tons of perfume and consider myself a perfume junkie) and recently repurchased it. Gorgeous scent, stays put all day. The only problem is it tends to give me a headache sometimes. :( But that won't stop me from loving it. :) <3 Seductive, beautiful perfume.

on 9/26/2011 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the nicest fragrance I've ever come across. Very Vanilla and very sweet, which I like. Isn't too overpowering and lasts all day. I always get compliments on how nice this smells. Sometimes I mix it with another sweet scent and it smells even better :)

on 9/21/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This perfume is my ALL time favorite perfume. I got this for my 18th birthday as a gift and I am tempted to wear it every day for the rest of my entire life. I literally have to stop myself from spraying it on myself every day because I feel like it's running out too fast. I hate saying that it's over priced, but it is a lot of money. The almond/jasmine/vanilla scent is a flawless combination though!!! If you're ever asked by a guy what he should buy for his woman, suggest this perfume! If I were to describe this perfume in one word I would say it's EXOTIC.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wear a few different scents, but this is one of my 3 fall/winter scents that I love. This is a bold scent so less is more, it could also be a good evening scent because it is very sexy. Not for young girls this is a womans fragrance.

on 9/16/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Could there be anything bad about this gorgeously rich vanilla scent? Not for me! Indeed, it's expensive, the bottle is in plastic, but who cares when the perfume itself smells like heaven? I'm one of those that cannot wear citrus scents, so this was absolutely perfect on me! It lasts longer if I spray it on a cotton shirt.

on 8/28/2011 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, this was a pleasant suprise.

I had never bothered smelling this in stores, as I assumed it'd just smell similar to the regular Poison. It actually is a completely different fragrance, and why they just didn't release it under a totally new name is beyond me.

It's mainly almond-y, with a drydown of comforting vanilla - it makes it incredibly warm, soft and comforting.

It reminded my husband very pleasantly of good vanilla ice cream, but my sister took one sniff and said "Warm Pillows!" so that just shows you how people react to it differently.

It also lasts all day, which is a relief after some disappointing fragrances in that area *coughapresl'ondeecough*

This has become my go-to fragrance when I'm feeling rather tired and vunerable. On those days it's awfully nice to envelop yourself in warm pillows.

on 8/28/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think the jasmine ruins it for me but also the fact that once you've got it on you kind of cannot escape it. You and your clothes, hair etc, will all smell like this until all are washed. For some that's good but I'm not one of them. Its just so strong from the get go and in my opinion, the dry down is not much milder, just cloying. You have to love this to even wear the smallest amount.

Popular Fragrances