July 25, 2014 | 1772 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I think the jasmine ruins it for me but also the fact that once you've got it on you kind of cannot escape it. You and your clothes, hair etc, will all smell like this until all are washed. For some that's good but I'm not one of them. Its just so strong from the get go and in my opinion, the dry down is not much milder, just cloying. You have to love this to even wear the smallest amount.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by underage

Jasmine, Almond, and Vanilla- A perfect combination! This is my one of my favorite Dior fragrances. Its sweet but in a sexy way, not like a little girl. I love this for a going out perfume. It's very strong so you only need a few squirts! The bottle is adorable as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sophia0408

I love this smell and just like some others never thought it would be Dior. My old boss used to wear this fragrance & I love it but since then I don't care to wear this anymore as it brings back old memories of her. I still wish I could wear this since it is one of my favorites and such a sexy fragrance. One day I will soon get to wear this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I smelled this on someone at a concert and when I asked her what it was, bless her heart (unlike me, who wants to keep all of her fragrances a secret), she was honest in telling me what it was! It smelled wonderfully comforting and absolutely devine. I happily inhaled that fragrance deeply through the entire concert. After having promised myself that I had way too many fragrances and was not going to buy anymore, I just had to break down and get a bottle of this. I have over 150+ fragrances (none of them cheap), and this is the only one that my husband actually commented on in a positive way. I smell the vanilla, sandalwood and the musk in this. At first spray, it reminds me of Play Dough, but the drydown is OMG, so sexy. I feel like a vixen when I wear it. Long lasting for an edt. Spray in the morning and it is still going strong in the evening. Never thought I would like any Dior fragrance as much as vintage Miss Dior, but WOW...this is the bomb!! Love the "rotten apple" bottle too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is such a gorgeous smell. It's really sexy, strong and feminine..almost hypnotizing. It lasts quite a long time on my skin but nothing amazing. I like the bottle apart from the color, it really doesn't go well with my blue bathroom tiles.. (just kidding...ok actually I'm not =)).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff - it is oddly addicting as other's have said. I tried to avoid it because I feel like so many people wear it, but I couldn't stay away. To me, it smells like a sweet cigar. I mean this in the best way. I love it. Sexy, sweet, WOMANLY. The bottle is quite unnattractive though, so -1 lippie. I also find that it lasts long but doesn't maintain it's initial strenght long at all. I smell the almond forever, even after I've washed my clothes, but the rest of it fades rather quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

This is very powerful stuff for an EDT. I have a decanted rollerball of this so that I can apply very carefully. It is a yummy almond and vanilla tinged gourmand that isn't too foody because of it's complexity. It was the almond note that really intrigued me. This would have received a 5 if not for it fading into "generic perfume" stage on my skin, though it's not as bad as some that actually give me a headache. It's just a slight annoyance.

Edit: I gave this another try; I don't know if the newer tester bottles smell different than my decant, but I wore it quite heavily after spritzing at Nordstroms, and did not have the same problematic "generic perfume" notes. Maybe my skin chemistry has changed a bit? Whatever the reason, this is now a highly coveted scent that I may end up spending full price on a large bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Suuushi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance ... smells amazinggg too bad it's not long wearing on my skin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I never paid attention to this gorgeous scent. I have the original Poison and I LOVE it (I love that kind of scent). Then I smelled Dior Addict and was underwhelmed. I hate Dolce Vita. Maybe that's why I let the rest slip by.

Anyhoo, I went to Sephora yesterday and asked for a sample of this. Oh, Dior, why did I ever doubt you? This is so beautiful. My kinda scent: heady, mysterious, oriental, and most importantly: UNIQUE ... If you are a Eau de Mallrat fan, stay away from this. But it's going to be your loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An ex boyfriend bought me a version of Dior Poison a few years back and it was an awful smell. I can't seem to find it online but it was in the same Poison style bottle but almost black with a green tint. But maybe it was the original purplish one. Anyway the smell was so strong and heady it made me think that it would be what the evil lady from Disney's Sleeping Beauty would smell like! I secretly threw away the bottle and told him I used it up because I dreaded spraying it and I just couldn't pull of that scent even if i wanted to.
So when I saw my friend squirt this red bottle labelled "Hypnotic Poison" on herself mutliple times while we were getting ready to go out, I braced myself and waited for the dreadful scent to hit me but instead came something sweet and almost edible but rich and intoxicatingly delicious. It was love at first sniff. When she went to the bathroom I squirted myself and couldn't pry my nose from my wrist for the rest of the evening. I didn't want to wash it off my arm and CRAVED the scent of it all week! I purchased my own bottle and ripped it open in the car so I could get another hit. Is this what crack is like?!
OK when people say they smell play-doh or silly putty when they first spray it, I do see what they mean. But i don't mind it at all! The almond and vanilla is what is most prominent to my nose. I adore jasmin and can't specifically pick it out but I know it's in there sophisticating the sweet notes. The dry down is very vanilla with a hint of spice.
I've liked other fragrances but never have itched to smell them like this. I promised myself I would finish up my other bottles before I went full-time with this but I can't resist it. I truly think this will be a life long signature fragrance for me. It's like my soulmate in a bottle!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No