August 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by NyctElle

this cleanser has been drying out my skin and although it has helped with the breakouts its drying effect have totally ruined my complexion ,my forehead is now dehydrated to the point where its flaky and drab looking, I would rather have one or two pimples here and there and have a glowing complexion than no pimples and an overall dry and drab face. but My boyfriend who has very oily skin uses it and it works great for him so that why I am putting a neutral rating.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i find this cleanser actually makes my face breakout even more after using it for 2 months. its a shame that this company claims their products are for sensitive skin yet packed with fragrance, which maybe synthetic. who knows. anyhow if it was the only option available id buy it again, other than that no.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by carmenoctavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the best cleanser i ever used. I cannot compare it to others. The thermal water definitely makes a big difference. It cleanses very well, heals skin if its damaged cus of pimples, leaves skin fresh and clear. Has a nice fragrance and its very economical. One bottle lasts me around 4 months. I am currently using it and i wudnt replace it with another, especially a cosmetic type cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ukleder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It has a soft feel on the skin and I like the gel texture. It is a large bottle and you only need a dab to clean your face so it will last a long time. It cleans make-up fairly well although I'd recommend a scrub and/or toner to follow up to really remove traces of all facial make-up.

I have normal/dry/sensitive skin and use this cleanser without any problems. I bought this one in particular so it wouldn't have any oil in it and it's fine for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wondeful no nonsense face wash. My skin can be oily and acne prone, but I'm trying to find ways effectively cleanse without drying or stripping my face. This face wash was rc'd by the SCB. Although it seems a little expensive (approx 8), I bought mine in Boots during a buy 2 get 1 free. There is actuaally quite a lot of product here as well. I've been using my first bottle since October twice a day (so about 2 months) and I'm about half way through the bottle.
The packaging is very good quality and I like the twisty top. I move around a lot so this is very easy to close etc without leaking.
The gel is quite 'thin' in texture but lathers well and thoroughly cleans my skin. It never feels tight/dry afterwards. I will definitley re buy (well infact I bought 2 more on offer as back ups for when this bottle finishes).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't say that this stuff did anything for me except, along with the Avene Shine Regulating stuff, break me out in horrific acne. I was very surprised as Avene is such a gentle brand. I kept going with it in case it was a hormonal breakout but in the end I couldn't stand the hundreds of big blackheads and cystic spots I had come up. I felt disgusting. So I stopped it and went back to Simple, and my face ic clearing really fast. Won't try again. Big disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this cleanser is mild on my skin yet tough enough on the excess sebum my skin produces. Keeping it feeling clean and soft to touch after i've washed it. The scent is pretty mild and fades away quickly. You don't need alot to lather up even though it says it's soapless. Love that it clears the oil from my face without leaving that tight feeling. Makes washing enjoyable. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by girlsinlove

I gave it two lippies cos I would guess that this would be good for someone with oilier skin than mine to use, but for me, it is just too drying. After three uses I started seeing small red dry patches appear on my skin. I know people say to let your skin "get used to" a new product, but I'm not sure if redness and dryness is something worth getting used to.
I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin (it's terrible as it sounds) and I thought since the Avene brand is supposed to be for those with sensitive skin, I could get away with this cleanser for acne-prone skin - but obviously not. I would say if you have skin that has in the past found other commercial cleansers (such as Neutrogena or even Cetaphil) to be too drying then expect nothing different from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser was great when I first got it - it made my skin feel and look less oily - and I loved the scent. However, after using it for a few weeks, my skin broke out like crazy, in places I never break out (forehead, cheeks). Needless to say, I will not repurchase this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by doubleclicks

I have been using this for 4 years now! the only cleanser that made me repurchase. It cleans very well, without drying out my face and making it feel tight and uncomfortable. However, my complexion stopped improving after a year of usage, and only maintained it. I have been trying to look for a better alternative but I have yet to find it. Until then, I will be sticking to this!