December 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been so in love with a cleanser. It removes all my makeup when I'm too lazy to use an oil cleanser, and never dries out my skin. It doesn't have any strong scent, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The packaging is very minimal, which I love. Comparing it to my old Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser, there is just so much plastic that goes to waste in other brands. I love the fact that it's a little hole dispenser in a clear bottle rather than a pump with an opaque bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Rubine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Have been using for 3/4 weeks, once a day (in the evening, just this with Vichy Tri-Activ afterwards).

+ My skin is rid of oil and feels clean without being overdry and itchy. Doesn't really make my acne leave (yet), but has changed the 'type' of acne from big and painful to small and less noticeable.
+ Nice smell
+ Bottle looks classy

- A lot of money
- The cap is annoying to open, especially with wet hands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This a lovely soap-free cleanser. It's non-drying and very effectively removes makeup and leaves no residue. I would definitely buy again, docking one lippie because of the packaging, it would be great if it had a pump.
Update 09/10/13:
This no longer works for me, appears to be slightly irritating and possibly clogging.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Came with my trial kit. Feels gel-like on application, seems to leave a filmy layer upon rinsing (not sure if this is intended, cos I have been previously using another gel cleanser which was meant to leave a protective film)

It takes more rinsing than normal to get the *filmy* feeling completely gone. I've tried both ways, rinsing off completely and leaving the film on, either way, it hasn't caused any breakout.

I use thermal spray directly after patting dry, otherwise my skin will feel tight after this cleanser (which is why I rate 4 and not 5, but then again I have dry skin)

Overall, great cleanser! Will repurchase. Good value for money.

EDIT 27/2
Changed to *No will not repurchase*, not because of the product but it's just too drying for my skin. I'm trying to balance have acne-prone dry skin so, I'm sticking to the cleanance range but trying to substitute this cleanser for another one for combination/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sharenb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin that can be acne prone when it want to be, so when I use acne medication my skin can get dry. This face wash is perfect for my fluctuating skin! It has never made me break out and even helps keep acne at bay! When i use it, it makes my skin feel SO clean without ever over drying it. It takes off all my makeup too, including mascara and eyeliner! I can't imagine not using it every single day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by NyctElle

this cleanser has been drying out my skin and although it has helped with the breakouts its drying effect have totally ruined my complexion ,my forehead is now dehydrated to the point where its flaky and drab looking, I would rather have one or two pimples here and there and have a glowing complexion than no pimples and an overall dry and drab face. but My boyfriend who has very oily skin uses it and it works great for him so that why I am putting a neutral rating.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i find this cleanser actually makes my face breakout even more after using it for 2 months. its a shame that this company claims their products are for sensitive skin yet packed with fragrance, which maybe synthetic. who knows. anyhow if it was the only option available id buy it again, other than that no.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by carmenoctavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the best cleanser i ever used. I cannot compare it to others. The thermal water definitely makes a big difference. It cleanses very well, heals skin if its damaged cus of pimples, leaves skin fresh and clear. Has a nice fragrance and its very economical. One bottle lasts me around 4 months. I am currently using it and i wudnt replace it with another, especially a cosmetic type cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ukleder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It has a soft feel on the skin and I like the gel texture. It is a large bottle and you only need a dab to clean your face so it will last a long time. It cleans make-up fairly well although I'd recommend a scrub and/or toner to follow up to really remove traces of all facial make-up.

I have normal/dry/sensitive skin and use this cleanser without any problems. I bought this one in particular so it wouldn't have any oil in it and it's fine for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wondeful no nonsense face wash. My skin can be oily and acne prone, but I'm trying to find ways effectively cleanse without drying or stripping my face. This face wash was rc'd by the SCB. Although it seems a little expensive (approx 8), I bought mine in Boots during a buy 2 get 1 free. There is actuaally quite a lot of product here as well. I've been using my first bottle since October twice a day (so about 2 months) and I'm about half way through the bottle.
The packaging is very good quality and I like the twisty top. I move around a lot so this is very easy to close etc without leaking.
The gel is quite 'thin' in texture but lathers well and thoroughly cleans my skin. It never feels tight/dry afterwards. I will definitley re buy (well infact I bought 2 more on offer as back ups for when this bottle finishes).