LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 12/2/2010 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has saved my winter pregnancy skin. I used to be a combination skin girl and need something like Vanishing Cream (also by Lush) or Liz Earl's lightest moisturizer. However, my skin gradually got drier. First I used Gorgeous, which is nice but within a week my skin was calling out for quenching.

I've never been able to use a heavy moisturizer before. And this one is rich. I contains cocoa butter, something I'd never usually put on my face. But my skin was drying out so fast that about an hour after moisturizing, my skin was ITCHING! Celestial soothed the itching immediately and with regular use my skin is back to feeling pliable and soft. And not a clogged pore in sight!

If your skin is dry and itchy feeling, go for it. I'd imagine that other ladies would benefit from this in pregnancy too (if your skin's got drier) - not least due to the yummy vanilla scent. It smells divine to me! Never loved vanilla before, but 7 months pregnant and I can't get enough!

on 12/1/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it! It is a life saver on cold winters when my dry and sensitive skin usually dries out really bad, this is by far the best moisturizer that I had found. It makes my skin glow and feel very smooth, I can even see how it makes my skin more beautiful, and it hasn't broke my skin out (I have use it for about a year). It smells just delicious, makes me almost wanting to eat it, heh. At summer time it although may be a little too oily and heavy, especially for those with normal or oily skin type.

on 11/17/2010 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is extremely dry, sensitive, and prone to congestion; while I don't often break out, I have a problem with clogged pores and tiny little blackheads along my nose. I have fairly good skin but it's always had one or two problems that kept me from being completely satisfied with it. That is until I started using Celestial, anyway.

My skincare routine has not changed whatsoever apart from the removal of my old moisturizer (Embryolisse Lait Creme which I thought was wonderful but I still had clogged pores when using it) and the addition of this one, so I know that this is what has made a difference. I use it in conjunction with Angels on Bare Skin cleanser and Tea Tree Water toner (both by Lush as well). Just a dot of Celestial on still-damp skin is all I need. It absorbs quickly and leaves no greasiness.

My skin is baby-soft and smooth; no crinkling, no dry spots, no tightness. Just absolute comfort! Any moisturizer I've tried before that provided similar relief from dry skin has clogged my pores or just did nothing to clear my skin, but Celestial is actually improving it. I have no redness or discoloration. My perpetual blackheads (that I've had as long as I can remember) are gone! My complexion is dewy and radiant - I don't even need foundation.
It smells really delicious, too, like vanilla and almonds.

This is my HG moisturizer in every possible way. It's amazing! I'm never going to switch, I hope Lush continues to make it forever.

on 11/14/2010 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Not much more to say. Great for my dry sensitive skin. On my 3rd jar. Highly recomend this.

on 10/20/2010 1:50:00 PM

The smell of this product is phenomenal (vanilla and orchids) and has a whip cream like texture. However, it's lightweight texture does not feel like that on your skin! I have combination skin (dry cheeks), and it feels like a mask! When skin is dry, it just soaks up the product, but this cream literally just sits on top of my dry skin!! :( Sad! I had such high hopes for this product! I took one lippie off for that and another lippie for its unhygenic design in a tub.

on 9/22/2010 9:10:00 AM

I have just started using lush products. I love celestial I have tried so many moisturizers and this is by far the best one. very light on my face does not leave a sticky residue so I can apply my make-up right after. Just love it.

on 9/22/2010 5:26:00 AM

Beautiful product for sensitive, drying skin. I have searched high and low for something that could stop my skin from flaking and Celestial has ended the search for me. The smell is sweetly vanilla and only a little bit is enough to moisturize. The texture is smooth and forms a very nice, moisturizing base for my sunscreen. Does not cause breakouts unless it is used too much, and my skin is now much more calmer and less red even though I am still using retinol. Will buy again despite the price tag of $30.90, which I would consider to be quite expensive normally. But it works, so that is definitely a small price to pay for beautiful, healthy skin!

on 8/5/2010 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice moisturizer, it just wasn't the right one for me. This felt really calming and nice on my skin. Personally, I just need something a little heavier.

I would recommend those with dry/sensitive to give this one a try, especially at the price point.

on 8/1/2010 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have rosacea, sensitive skin and was looking for a new moisturiser that wouldn't irritate my skin and would take away the the flaky patches on my forehead and cheeks. I asked for a sample of this cream after the SA recommended I give it a try. It works really well with my skin type, and I find it very soothing and just the right amount of moisture. No more flaky bits! Hurrah! My skin looks uniform and lovely.This cream calms my rosacea and it also has a lovely vanillary scent.

on 7/13/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE this! I have dry, sensitive, yet acne prone skin and this has been so great for my skin. It did not break me out, and has kept my skin in great condition.

I spray my face with Lush's Breath of Fresh Air Toner, and then while that is still wet I massage in just a little of this moisturizer (a little goes a long way). I love the way it smells and the way it makes my skin feel.

Favourite moisturizer I have tried thus far (and that has been MANY!)