April 17, 2014 | 1215 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by eheft2

I really really like this product. I'm a huge LUSH fan but never went beyond the bath/shower products. I picked this up on a whim because with my pregnancy my current moisturizer is making my face break out horribly and it would make me feel dirty after putting it on.

This is a very lightweight moisturizer and if I don't wash my face the night before (by accident I swear!) in the shower the next day my face doesn't feel gross it actually feels really clean. My skin hasn't had any new breakouts since using it and even though it's winter and normally I require a heavy moisturizer during the winter it's just enough for me.

My only gripe is the packaging. I hate dipping my fingers in the pot, gross. I wish it came in a pump or squeeze bottle package. I suppose I can always change it over to one.

The price is decent. $22ish for a pot which will last me quite a long time. I will be buying this again as long as my skin still agrees post pregnancy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have oilly skin that gets dry in the winter and gave this a try- it is a little too heavy for me, but doable as long as you do not add too much. the scent is light and pleasant. i might return this for imperialis, but i also might keep this for overnight use and spot treatment for where my skin is really dry, since it does moisturize really well. i have only been using it for a few days and already my skin is glowing and much brighter and softer. maybe i can get used to feeling of the oils on my face. i will be sure to update after i give it a few more days or so..waiting to see if this will break me out..hopefully not. i can't justify giving this a bad rating since it seems like a great moisturizer, just not perfect for me. the only con is that i wish it were cheaper, but it is amongst the cheapest ones available at lush. the tub style is not the best since things can get in there, but i read that someone suggested using a small cheese spreader for it, which is a good idea.
update: i use this at night only, as it is too moisturzing for my face, but during the night it works wonders. i LOVE the smell of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by magicalbee

I have tried just about every facial moisturizer on the market and I am so happy to have finally found Celestial. My skin is very sensitive and I get dry patches and redness. I use Celestial after a spritzing of Eau Roma water, I only need a small dab and it blends in beautifully but stays on my skin enough to keep it moist. Heavy enough for a night cream, perfect for day if your skin is on the dryer side like mine. Will definitely purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by notanotherbadhairday

My holy grail of moisturizers. I have dry sensitive skin and I need a soothing moisturizer that wont break me out. This is perfect for that. It's a brilliant night cream and I use it as a day cream when the weather is colder. I've heard some people using this as a leave-on mask to hydrate their skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

I really think this product doesn't do anything your basic drugstore moisturizer doesn't do. If your into natural ingredients, this is for you. It goes moisturize but it is easy to over apply this cream. Smells milky, which at first was unattractive. It doesn't sink into my skin well. It sits on top. But as with any Lush product you will get used to the scent within a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Bagfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Celestial in rotation with a couple of other face creams for over three years. I have eczema and very sensitive skin on my face, and I find that celestial is one of the only moisturisers that I can use without the skin on my face becoming blotchy and sore.

I really like the scent, it's a smooth, light vanilla-milk fragrance and is quite delicious, a world away from the wholesome lavender and chamomile scents of many natural creams for sensitive skin. It's also far more pleasant than the scent of many "high end" creams.

Celestial is also very good value, being one of Lush's cheaper creams. A pot lasts for absolutely ages. All in all, I will continue to use Celestial, and Lush had better not discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have sensitive, dry-combo (oil in the t-zone, super dry in eye/cheek area & chin) skin that suffers from flare ups (hives, itching, bumps, inflammation & millia) once in a while. i was doing okay recently until i tried a sample of clinique super rescue night cream, after which my face was covered with loads of millia and blotchiness! i love lush in general, but never really used their skin care (except for grease lightning and mask of magnaminty for the occasional clogged pore/blemish around that time of the month, and ultrabland for makeup removal) - i normally use their body stuff and soap (LONG LIVE DREAM CREAM, but that's another review)... so i decided to give lush a try in the facial care department.
GENERAL: teresa at the local lush is the sweetest girl ever, and she helped me pick up a few things: angels on bare skin cleanser/exfoliant to rinse with daily, fresh famacy 2x-3x a week if my skin is acting up (but no more since that would make my skin too dry), eau roma toner to soothe, and celestial (PM) and paradise regained (AM, has spf).
after a week of following this regime, i can safely say that my skin is soothed and glowing again.
CELESTIAL ITSELF: i thought this would make my nose/forehead break out for sure, but NOOOOO... it actually calmed a spot on the side of my nose, and absorbed well. i only needed a tiny amount for my entire face & neck. when i wake up in the morning, i do have a little oil on my forehead but that doesn't bother me too much since i will cleanse again & apply a lighter moisturizer (aforementioned paradise regained, has AHAs from pineapples to control oil). my cheeks are not tight, burning or uncomfortable either! anyway. the millia on my chin & eye area are still a bit scratchy but they've faded noticeably in the past 3 days, and the ones on my forehead are in the process of going away too. skin tone is overall more even and clear - even looks more pink - i'm a fair toned asian (NC15, 20 in the summer) that can look sick/sallow if i don't sleep well (which is often since i'm a full time student), but even when i don't have that much sleep, my skin glows! i also really like the fact that it's mostly natural, and has a pleasant vanilla cookie scent. the scent dissipates quickly and did not irritate my skin either, MUCH WIN! i will repurchase and repurchase - i've spent so much money on clinique that this entire system, which actually works, is natural and more ethically made, although pricey in nominal terms, justify the cost of getting it. i took off a couple lippies on the packaging because it would be so much more hygenic to have it in a pump system like the grease lightning - all the samples in the store are packaged like that (for hygenie/testing reasons, i'm sure), i don't know why they just don't make it that way. it must use more plastic or something environmentally unfriendly like that. PLEASE DON'T EVER DISCONTINUE OR I WILL SHRIVEL UP AND DIE!

***********UPDATE*****************
it has now been three consecutive weeks that i used my lush system. i no longer get the oily parts, my skin is completely balanced, yay! my skin is smooth, brighter, even toned and soft. amazing. it's even better now that i don't get those oily patches.

***********UPDATE 2***************
if you find lush moisturizers too thick, try this:
put a small amount in your plam, spray 2-3 pumps of your LUSH toner of choice, emulsify in your palms, and PAT over your face. it turns the thick cream into a watery, lotion-y emulsion that absorbs quickly, but doesn't sacrifice the rich moisture you would get :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite use for this product had previously been using it after microderm treatments. It felt soothing and light, and worked so well to calm and moisturize my skin. I would use it at night and noticed each morning my skin looked 'plumped up'. I always attributed that to the microderm treatments. That is, until I used it one night without doing a microderm treatment and woke up to the same results. My skin looked plumped up and softer. Like my skin--15 years ago LOL And all this time I had given all the credit to microderm, silly me.

I then looked again at the ingredients. Ah-ha! It lists glycerin very high on that list. Glycerin being a humectant, draws moisture from the air to your skin--Essentially, plumping it up. How did I overlook that little gem in this moisturizer. Combine that with the soothing almond milk and this is a fantastic moisturizer that calms and soothes. I have even taken to using it during the day now because, well, why should nighttime get all the good looking skin:)

**Tip for dry winter skin or when you want to feel extra pampered~Sleep with this moisturizer or any that contain glycerin, and your humidifier on. You'll double the impact of your moisturizer. I cheat on days I don't use a humidifier and just apply it to lightly dampened skin. I find that works great, too.

I also find most LUSH moisturizers to work best on damp skin. Since they contain so many good cold pressed oils and butters, I find the extra water helpful in having them sink in well. That way my skin doesn't feel as heavy or greasy when using those ingredients. Helps them spread well, too. This is one that easily spreads with or without the extra water, though. I just like the extra water for the moisture retention with this one.♥

Ingredients~Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so-so on this moisturizer, so probably won't purchase again, though I'm about to finish the whole pot. I'm just sure I can find something better...

Celestial comes in a black LUSH pot (collect 5 and return them for a free fresh face mask). I prefer pump bottles as they are more hygenic and keep the poduct fresh. The smell is kind of like vanilla marshmallows, which isn't bad, but I'd prefer unscented.

I have combination skin, and this moisturizer is best in the winter (Wisconsin) when my skin is on the drier side and has the occasional flakiness. It helps take away redness from dryness/dehydration/windburn. It's just a little to greasy for me in the summer, especially when humid.

My favorite use for this is to put it on at night after doing a face mask. It sinks in nicely, and I wake up with soft skin and clear complexion.

This is not very expensive as far as LUSH moisturizers are concerned. Overall, it's OK, but I'm still looking for something better at this price. I love Laura Mercier's moisturizer, but it's almosy $100! ouch :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I rec'd this in my skin care trial pack. I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I believe it is just too rich for my skin. It was fine at first and then the neck breakouts started. I have never broken out on my neck (starting just below my chin) and I am almost 100% sure 'Celestial' is the culprit. Smells lovely and moisturizes very well but it will have to be demoted to hand cream as it doesn't work for my face.