December 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by babyaimy00

Coverage: This concealer can cover your blemishes with ease. It is thick which may be a bit hard to spread. I only use this for spot treatment. I dabb it on with a qtip and pat on powder so it would stay put the entire day.
Packaging: I don't use the sponge applicator because it always picks up way too much product which makes application control moderately difficult. One tube lasts me 3-4 months which is fantastic considering the price. (relatively inexpensive)
Treatment: Really, I don't expect this concealer to work miracles on my acne. Using this, however, did not worsen my breakout. Don't expect this to rid your acne. You'll need to wash this off your face at the end of the day just like any other make up product and apply your acne serum or treatment like usual.
Color: Sometimes if your pimple is super ripe and red, even this won't be able to cover that. If you apply too much, the spot would look greyish. One time my coworker asked if there was a dirt smudge on my face.
Overall rating: 7.5/10. I use this everyday, but I'm not in love with it. This would do for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by paulinawatson

THIS IS MY HG CONCEALER! i love it so much! the colr matches me perfectly (i'm in light) and it really conceals perfectly! i even use it under my eyes and it really brightens up my eyes which no concealer has ever done because i have terrible bags, but this covers them up! i dunno about the blemish healing thing but i have acne prone skin and since i started using it, my skin started getting better (but i dunno weither thats the concealer or my cleansing routine or both) the only con i have is that after a while it starts to get dry and patchy, but that's only after a really long time like, 6 houres.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by stickylollipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product is great! It blends nicely and covers up my blemishes without making my face look cakey. It also helps heal acne, which is a great plus. I noticed my acne decreasing after using this product. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hello all you makeup-lovers! I bought this product at Shoppers Drug Mart after taking back 2 products from there...yeah...(the Revlon blush in tawny peach and the Rimmel hide the blemish stick concealer) and I wanted a nice face concealer that will work with my oily skin and blemish-prone skin! So I decided to go for the Almay Clear Complextion Concealer (shade light) with 1% salycilic acid. This matches my skin amazingly because I have cool, pink undertones. I love the fact it does contain salycilic acid because it helps your pores shed dead skin and oil that can clog pores furthermore and it also has soothing ingredients like aloe and chamomile that help reduce redness! It covered all the redness around my nose and covered my few blemishes very nicely. This also stayed on my face throughout the day, didn't look cakey and it had a very blend-able and nice finish! I didn't even set it with powder :O! What I would say I don't like and that's why I give it a 4/5 is the packaging, because all the product I feel gets stuck on the doe-foot applicator stick and it can get a little messy if you're not careful. The price came to $13.71 which I found to be pricey for Almay, but to be honest I'm totally diggin' it! I recommend this to everyone because it's super amazing!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by morgwild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unless I've been poking at my spots or they're flaking, this concealer hides them well. But I always make sure to apply my moisturizer BEFORE using this, as otherwise it dries a wee bit too quick for me and blending it can be a trial.

I know my face responds well to salicylic acid, so it also helps my spots go away quicker.

I also use this concealer to hide hickeys with great results. My boyfriend has actually watched me apply this and exclaimed at its effectiveness. He's jealous :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by TrueLoveBeauty

Covers up great for pale skin! I put this underneath my foundation and I don't feel guilty about upsetting a blemish with makeup because I know there's something instead that helps to heal. I'm not saying that this concealer alone will clear your blemish, but it does shrink a little bit and helps to prevent it from swelling or getting any worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by cfed

ive used this product on and off for years and i always end up going back to this. i tend to break out in the T zone of my face and no matter how red my breakouts are, it always does an excellent job at hiding them. plus, i never have to touch up during the day. i dont know if it helps clear them up, because with any makeup it will clog your pores. but i do think it might help prevent breakouts. i always use it on the sides of my nose to make my skin tone more even and i never breakout there anymore (i dont even remember the last time i had a breakout there), and thats where i tend to be more oily. overall, great product and very affordable. it also works as a decent eyeprimer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by nabz

Good coverage - highly pigmented, covers scars, redness and dark marks very well. I took 2 lippie off because i don't think it does much difference to breakouts. it neither dries it out, nor does it help to reduce the swelling. on certain bumps, it actually makes it much bigger and painful. Choice of color is very limited. I would buy this again for the purpose of covering scars and marks but not to treat breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by TiffCarrillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contains salicylic acid.
Did help minimize my blemishes quicker.
I think there are 3 different shades I'm the lightest shade which has yellow undertones it's ideal for my skin tone.
Medium to full coverage.
Creamy consistency.
Although it's meant for blemishes I use it for my under eye area and it covers well and doesn't irritate my eyes in any way.
Affordable.
Lasted me about 2 months.
The only downside is the applicator it's not very sanitary but it doesn't bother me too much.
I purchased mine at Target for around $10

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by strawberryswing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried at least 5 drugstore concealers and this one is one of the best! This concealer covers up blemishes and acne marks very well. The consistency is a bit thick so be careful of applying this concealer on b/c it can get cakey. I found it easier to apply this concealer with my fingertips b/c of it's consistency. If you want better results with this concealer I would use it with the Almay Clear Complexion Foundation! I use both together and my face looks flawless. (: This concealer lasts about 5 - 6 hours, but with primer it lasts even longer. I would definitely recommend this concealer to those who have acne. This concealer contains salicylic acid, but I don't believe makeup products with acne fighting ingredients do anything. I think the salicylic acid is there to just prevent you from getting acne. I haven't broken out from the concealer or foundation and I've been using both for a little over a month now. The only problem I have with this concealer is the packaging. I wish all drugstore concealers were packaged in tubes.