April 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by marie2555

Alright, so I've tried maybe 4-5 different concealers in my lifetime, so I don't have much to compare this to. With that being said, this stuff still didn't impress me too much.

Personally, I could care less about the acne healing properties. I mean it'd be nice, but I'm more concerned with it a.) looking good and b.) not causing more of a break-out. From using it for a week, I have not noticed it causing any further break outs. I can't speak for its claims to healing breakouts, since a week probably isn't enough to notice anything.

Now, onto its appearance. The first thing I noticed was the yellow undertones. I'm neutral undertones, so the yellow in this looks slightly off. It might, however, mask some redness of any blemishes you're covering. It covers well too, but it does cake. Generally, I can get away with this if I use very very minimal amounts. I wouldn't recommend covering large areas with this, but rather covering blemish by blemish. Also, the salicylic acid in this could compromise the appearance of this concealer, as it might dry out your skin and cause it to look gross and flakey. Now, the packaging for this is great. Not a fan of the applicator, but this stuff is sturdy and closes pretty tight... so drying out isn't too much of a problem.

So I guess, in a nutshell, this is a good concealer for a few small blemishes that need some covering. I wouldn't say it's the best, but I will purchace again because it doesn't break me out and it gets me by.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

I have tried this product in many different ways and the outcome is always the same : dry and cakey and obvious
I tried to like it but it just dosent work to cover my acne scars and blemishes without looking incredibly weirdly dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sparksflylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG drugstore concealer! purchased this a few days ago and not only did it cover up spots, it also healed them in 2 days. ill repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by efroggys

This is the only concealer ive ever used for my acne and scars. It is really creamy and works great! It lasts pretty long, you might have to reapply at one point throughout the day if it's a stubborn spot, but the coverage is good! Just only dab a little right on the area and then blend/pat with your finger, for natural coverage. I have shade light and it matches my pale skin great!
PRO's: creamy, good coverage, fights acne, relatively long-lasting (except stubborn spots), cheap
CON's: packaging gets messy
OVERALL: Try it!! You may love it! It's cheap and ended up being a HG concealer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am going to go back to this. I went on an Everyday Minerals kick and although I love the foundations, the concealers just weren't for me. They don't set well, and it makes my breakouts more obvious when it is a powder. This one works well enough to handle my minor under eye circles as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by drea0627

This is my HG concealer. I have fair asian skin with strong yellow undertones, and this is the only one I have found that matches really well. I use the light/medium color. This concealer is also thick enough to cover my occasional zits. Before this I was using rimmel's hide the blemish in soft honey. Give this a try if you're looking for a concealer with strong yellow undertones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by alexrich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this concealer!!!!! It looks so natural on the skin!!! It also is the perfect shade for my skin tone. I like how it has salycidic acid so it won't cause your face to get oily and give you more breakouts. The texture is really creamy and very light. The only problem is the packaging. It causes the concealer to dry out quicker than it already does. Get this product if you have oily skin and acne! Best purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a nice, creamy concealer. I use the light/medium shade and it covers pretty well. With all the coupons and sales, I paid a mere $2 for this concealer. My only complaint is that because it's a skinny tube packaging, the concealer tends to spill on the side a bit...you know, when you put the applicator back in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by starlys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have spent over $100 on different concealers trying to find one that covers pimples and especially the PIH scars they give me and I always end up returning to this tried and true favorite. It has great coverage and not too cakey. I also love that it is yellow based rather than pink based like many other concealers, since I have golden undertones. It would be nice if there were more of a color range, but I have found that a mixture of light and light/medium matches my skin very well. It's so cheap that it's no problem having to buy two tubes at once to match my shade. The only downside is that since I have started using Retin A, the salicylic acid in it now causes me to flake. If Almay made a concealer exactly like this without the SA it would be my HG for sure. Because of the SA I would not recommend using it for undereye circles, but for pimple and scar coverage it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I need concealer to cover up pimples, or the marks that they leave behind. Had previously been using a Maybelline one that was "lipstick-shaped" and was more difficult to apply precisely to small areas. Love the Almay doe-foot applicator...can use it to apply TINY little dots of the concealer and then use my finger to blend. I also like that it has salicylic acid in it as, sadly, my skin needs all the help it can get.