July 26, 2014 | 1660 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by TiffCarrillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contains salicylic acid.
Did help minimize my blemishes quicker.
I think there are 3 different shades I'm the lightest shade which has yellow undertones it's ideal for my skin tone.
Medium to full coverage.
Creamy consistency.
Although it's meant for blemishes I use it for my under eye area and it covers well and doesn't irritate my eyes in any way.
Affordable.
Lasted me about 2 months.
The only downside is the applicator it's not very sanitary but it doesn't bother me too much.
I purchased mine at Target for around $10

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by strawberryswing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried at least 5 drugstore concealers and this one is one of the best! This concealer covers up blemishes and acne marks very well. The consistency is a bit thick so be careful of applying this concealer on b/c it can get cakey. I found it easier to apply this concealer with my fingertips b/c of it's consistency. If you want better results with this concealer I would use it with the Almay Clear Complexion Foundation! I use both together and my face looks flawless. (: This concealer lasts about 5 - 6 hours, but with primer it lasts even longer. I would definitely recommend this concealer to those who have acne. This concealer contains salicylic acid, but I don't believe makeup products with acne fighting ingredients do anything. I think the salicylic acid is there to just prevent you from getting acne. I haven't broken out from the concealer or foundation and I've been using both for a little over a month now. The only problem I have with this concealer is the packaging. I wish all drugstore concealers were packaged in tubes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This, overall, is an OK concealer. I love how it has 1% salacylic acid, so it can be used as a spot treatment + concealer in one. This has good coverage, especially on dried-out skin. My other concealer wouldn't cover scabby skin AT ALL. However...there are only three shades available, so this does not really go too well with my skin tone. It looks like there are dark slightly areas on my face from where they are. It's a little cakey, if that makes sense. I guess I wish it were more of a liquid makeup. It just looks too makeup-y for me. It doesn't blend in enough with my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this concealer it matches my skin to the t!!! And definitely improves my skin tremendously it looks natural and gives my skin a flawless finish my favorite concealer for life!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by emiley760

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this concealer! It blended very well! And concealed like magic! Best concealer I have ever used! I tried the Clinique All About Eyes concealer and that blended awfully and was very sticky! This is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Erinscool16

I usually stick to high end concealers because drugstores usually lack in quality when it comes to them, but I actually like this concealer. If you want to cover a particular blemish, I reccomend tapping the product on the blemish with your finger rather than rubbing. This tecnique covers is very nicely. I have noticed that this does help my breakouts go away a little faster, and it deffinitely does not make my skin any worse. I deffinitely reccomend this product, especially for the price! I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this concealer - it's easy to apply, looks natural after blends with my BB cream. he only problem with this is I think it make post-blemish spots worse - don't let them heal.

other than that - it stays on for a long time, don't stray. don't have to re-apply several times which is very helpful.

need to find another strong concealer for post-blemish spots though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by dollyrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great acne concealer for around $8 but don't use it for under eyes bc it has salicylic acid in it and can be drying. The color selection is very little but I found a perfect match by purchasing two different colors (med/light and medium) and blending them together. Product last forever, I think I've purchased it twice in one year but not bc it ran out but bc I don't like old make-up. I also like to mix this stuff w/ MAC studio fix concealer. It does dry quick so you have to blend it right away. I'm always looking for other great acne concealer/healers in one and I find myself always coming back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by marie2555

Alright, so I've tried maybe 4-5 different concealers in my lifetime, so I don't have much to compare this to. With that being said, this stuff still didn't impress me too much.

Personally, I could care less about the acne healing properties. I mean it'd be nice, but I'm more concerned with it a.) looking good and b.) not causing more of a break-out. From using it for a week, I have not noticed it causing any further break outs. I can't speak for its claims to healing breakouts, since a week probably isn't enough to notice anything.

Now, onto its appearance. The first thing I noticed was the yellow undertones. I'm neutral undertones, so the yellow in this looks slightly off. It might, however, mask some redness of any blemishes you're covering. It covers well too, but it does cake. Generally, I can get away with this if I use very very minimal amounts. I wouldn't recommend covering large areas with this, but rather covering blemish by blemish. Also, the salicylic acid in this could compromise the appearance of this concealer, as it might dry out your skin and cause it to look gross and flakey. Now, the packaging for this is great. Not a fan of the applicator, but this stuff is sturdy and closes pretty tight... so drying out isn't too much of a problem.

So I guess, in a nutshell, this is a good concealer for a few small blemishes that need some covering. I wouldn't say it's the best, but I will purchace again because it doesn't break me out and it gets me by.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

I have tried this product in many different ways and the outcome is always the same : dry and cakey and obvious
I tried to like it but it just dosent work to cover my acne scars and blemishes without looking incredibly weirdly dry.