April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lisach

yuck :( : bought this while on a dior shopping frenzy and *really* regret it. Doesn't hide anything, doesn't illuminate either. Have this in n°2 : it is very white, and sort of hard to blend. Plus it smells super perfumy (what's up with dior's cheap smell???). the only positive thing is the packaging lol !!! I really prefer YSL touche éclat : much much better product (no surprise since this is a copy of the touche éclat) !!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by momoka

I really wanted to like this product, but I have to say I'm very disappointed. I have this in 001 Roseglow, which matches my skin tone pretty well. I was looking for something to hide my undereye circles and for highlighting (bridge of nose, cheekbones, etc). The texture is creamy but not thick and it looks quite natural on bare skin, but it didn't really do anything for my undereye circles which aren't that obvious to begin with. I have dry skin, but even with moisturizer underneath this accentuated flakes and lines under my eyes and on my cheeks/nose. The applicator brush is also quite messy and for the price (around $50 CDN) there is way too little product. Would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 9:35:00 AM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I’ve been using YSL Touché Éclat for over a year now, although I’m pleased with it, I decided to try Skinflash because it’s more readily available (I purchase YSL online but Skinflash is available at my local Sephora store). The shade I purchased, 002, is a close match to that of Touché Éclat 02 but TE is a bit lighter and more opaque while Skinflash is a little creamier and easier to blend. As a highlighter both perform very well, giving me a natural radiant glow. However, the main reason for my purchase is to conceal the dark circles and shadows underneath my eyes and TE is superior for that purpose. Although the Dior pen looks larger, it contains less of the product and costs more ($33 for 1.5 ml Skinflash, $37 for 2.5 ml TE). Skinflash isn’t bad, but I will only repurchase if TE becomes discontinued. For reference, I have medium warm, NC25/30 skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kisanw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was extremely pleased with this product when I first purchased it. As I used it more and more I realized that the colour I have, 003 is pretty orange, and only seemed to get more orange with time. (maybe because I lost my suntan :P) There is very little product in the tube for the 50$ CAD it costs, and the applicator brush wastes a lot, with the concealer getting stuck in the brushes, and the lack of precision application. The coverage of this concealer is pretty weak, I guess because it's meant to be a highlighter. I've since switched to Lancome Effacernes, using a Quo cream eyeshadow brush and concealer brush for application, and I've noticed a world of difference in the appearence of my complexion. I would skip skinflash unless you have A) a lot of money B) don't care about coverage, and C) need a concealer pen.
PS. The aesthetics of the packaging are really pleasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. Love it better than YSL Touche Eclat.

I use this only on special occasions, and alternate with Dior anti-fatigue concealer (which isn't nearly as good)...

I do wish it came in something other than pen format, but then again, that might change the product, so maybe not.

Definite repurchase. This is one of the few products in my "A" lineup, along with Chantecaille loose powder, and Tarte Smooth Operator.

One other thing I might mention: there is really only 1 wearable shade out of the 2 available...002. The other 2 are too pink or look odd.

I'd love it if Dior would expand the colour selection on this. FYI (Canadians) you can get this cheaper by purchasing from Sephora.com, even with the exchange rate...iirc it's quite expensive at Canadian Dior counters, compared to sephora.com's pricing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2006 6:05:00 AM More reviews by winkcat

I'm early 30s - have 2 small kids and always look tired!! Skinflash is just enough to hide the under eye bags and veins so I don't look dead (!) it's expensive but worth it - but I do find myself trying to open the wrong end though!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

I was reaching the end of my Touche Eclat pen and thought maybe I would give Skinflash a try. I bought 002 Candlelight and the shade is the same as the TE #2. The consistencies of both pens was also similar. However, TE is superior to Skinflash because it does not crease. I tried the Skinflash under one eye and the TE under the other eye. Five minutes later, the side with Skinflash was creasing badly. I returned it the next day and bought my trusty TE. I will never stray again. YSL makes quality products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Katinka007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not very impressed with this product. I know this is not a concealer but rather an illuminator so I didn't expect it to cover my dark circles on its own (and it doesn't, the coverage is rather light). Anyway, I intended to use it over my usual concealer for some extra oomph but unfortunatelly I find it that it only draws attention to my imperfections. I have it in O2 and I'm neutral PPP-perhaps O1 would work better for me but I'm not going to repurchase this to find out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2005 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mcrevell

I think the package it super cute, but sadly that's the best thing about this. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either and for this price I expect great. I suppose it does brighten up the undereye area a bit, but it's nothing too noticeable and it definitely doesn't conceal anything. I do like how liquidy it is, creamier concealers always bunch up in the fine lines under my eyes and they're so hard to blend in that delicate undereye area. Sometimes I put a little around my nose to cover any mild redness, but any old concealer can do that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by teekay01

This product does not cover blemishes very well, but it is a very good highlighter. I've been using it on the corner of my eyes and it makes a huge difference. I love that it's not cakey or flakey. Usually highlighters and concealers cake up on my skin, but this is very dewy.