April 16, 2014 | 1648 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this lash primer just a little bit better than Shiseido's. This one leaves my lashes softer and allows the mascara to glide on a little easier. The Shiseido product made my lashes thicker faster, but also made them hard and whilst still wet, made the mascara apply a bit choppy. The Clinique primer mixes with my mascara.... and causes no choppy application. It also seems to remove a little easier. Both products perform well with any mascara. No flaking or smearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by kuramagurl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer. It works amazingly great. Use this as a base, and top it off with DiorShow mascara and the results are stunning. I will for sure be purchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

clumps my lashes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

I got this when they had this product as a double ended mascara, primer on one side, and lash doubling on the other.
With the primer working with the mascara, I am definitely convinced that this works. It makes my lashes longer, and definitely thicker.
T
The thing I REALLY love about this is that it volumizes and lengthens without making my lashes stiff.
My lashes stay soft, but they are just a lot fuller and longer looking!

Definitely recommend this primer with lash doubling mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by rubie

It holds curls of my stubborn lashes and volumizes my thin lashes well. But the biggest problem is that this products irritates my eyes--made my eyes waterly throughout the day. Not good. I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts. Will be returned to the Sephora tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by exgreenknoller

it DOES give length to my lashes.
it DOES NOT hold my curl.

I think this is best for girls with already naturally curled lashes, but would want to add more length for a more dramatic look.

i like the white and silver packaging. it's a very "primer" color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by zeroxstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this primer!!! This and Cils boaster by Lancome are the best mascara primers ever, although this one is like half the price of Cils! I bought this to use in conjunction with Clinique's High Impact mascara and they work together wonderfully (and are very reasonably priced!).
However, once my mascara started to clump/dry on me, this primer was still going strong. I've used it with cheapo drugstore mascaras and it has made them wonderful - smudgeless, and long lasting, and help builds my lashes! I get about 4+ months use out of this primer which is amazing to me! Love it!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cin_dee

I did not find anything special with this primer and it didn't really do anything in terms of making my eyelashes fuller or longer. All it did was make my asian eyelashes more straight!! I had to curl before and after using this primer. It took the curl right out of my eyelashes after curling it with an eyelash curler. Overall i don't think i would repurchase this product, not worth the 17 dollars i spent on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaDRead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with almost everything iRahBu said in her review. This is a product that doesn't make anything worse for me, but just doesn't do anything wonderful either. It sticks to my curler, makes my lashes clump a little easier, but doesn't add any volume/length to balance that out. I wish that I had either returned this or had used a tester wand when I recieved it so I could swap it away. So that it doesn't go to waste, I've been using it as a brow gel to groom my eyebrows. It works great for that--they don't budge at all!!!--but definitely not worth $14. Oh well, at least I got free shipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jlm626

I was introduced to this recently at the cosmetic counter. I'd never heard of such a product before so this is the first of its type that I've tried but I'm very impressed! Lashes appear thicker and definitely more defined. Also, mascara stays on longer. So far, a great product, would definitely purchase again. (I use this product along with the best mascara in the world - Lancome Definicils).