December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

I love this primer. I picked this up on a whim since I am still trying to figure out what works best for my stick straight short asian lashes. I stopped using mascara for awhile, and stuck to just eyeliner since no mascara or primer with mascara would do much to open up my eyes. I can't believe how great this product is! The packaging should be prettier, but I am glad it is cheap compared to other drugstore primers and I think this one works the best so far! I have really minimal lower lashes and this gives me a good amount of lashes below and mascara doesn't clump with it on. It makes my top lashes a lot fuller without the weight. I've used Lancome's Cils booster, and I think that one is either too wet or clumpy. I could never keep my curl using it.. I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lisa4195

Although I usually use Estee Lauder's lash primer, I was being cheap and bought this one at Sephora. I had to return it. It clumped beyond repair, and did nothing for volume or curl. It is counter productive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by boscojones3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice product. I have very long eyelashes, but I need something to plump 'em up. This does the trick. It does not clump. I have also used Lancome's lash primer. I can't really tell the difference. Lancome's may be a bit thicker. Clinique's price is a little bit better than most of the major brands. Try it - you might like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually love Clinique products, but I was disappointed with this one. I have pretty long eyelashes already, but I was looking for a base to make my mascara apply better. Unfortunately, this was not it. I think it dried too fast which made my normal mascara application clumpy. Needless to say I returned to my SA and bought Long Pretty Lashes mascara which I think is beautiful. But don't be discouraged from trying this product, it simply did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this lash primer just a little bit better than Shiseido's. This one leaves my lashes softer and allows the mascara to glide on a little easier. The Shiseido product made my lashes thicker faster, but also made them hard and whilst still wet, made the mascara apply a bit choppy. The Clinique primer mixes with my mascara.... and causes no choppy application. It also seems to remove a little easier. Both products perform well with any mascara. No flaking or smearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by kuramagurl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer. It works amazingly great. Use this as a base, and top it off with DiorShow mascara and the results are stunning. I will for sure be purchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

clumps my lashes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

I got this when they had this product as a double ended mascara, primer on one side, and lash doubling on the other.
With the primer working with the mascara, I am definitely convinced that this works. It makes my lashes longer, and definitely thicker.
T
The thing I REALLY love about this is that it volumizes and lengthens without making my lashes stiff.
My lashes stay soft, but they are just a lot fuller and longer looking!

Definitely recommend this primer with lash doubling mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by rubie

It holds curls of my stubborn lashes and volumizes my thin lashes well. But the biggest problem is that this products irritates my eyes--made my eyes waterly throughout the day. Not good. I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts. Will be returned to the Sephora tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by exgreenknoller

it DOES give length to my lashes.
it DOES NOT hold my curl.

I think this is best for girls with already naturally curled lashes, but would want to add more length for a more dramatic look.

i like the white and silver packaging. it's a very "primer" color.