November 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, this is definitely the cheapest eye makeup remover in PAD form out there and that's what actually made me pick this up. Yeah, it's oily, but that's why they call it moisturizing. Before using these pads I was using baby oil on a cotton pad so the oiliness does not bother me one bit. Plus, the oil (IMO) is the only thing that can take off my ridiculously strong waterproof eye makeup. I actually love this formulation. The non-oily version stings my eyes, but as you can see from the reviews, it is less irritating to others so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Overall, I think it's a great product for removing stubborn eye makeup AND it's super cheap compared to other brands I've seen at grocery stores. You usually get 80 in a normal packet and 100 when they have the special ones on promo for the same price as you would for other brands that only give you 30 pads!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mokutou

Awful! I was hoping to find something that would take most of my makeup off and while this does the job, the little pads are just saturated and it gets everywhere! I got in my eyes and stung like crazy, and I do not have sensitive eyes, nor do I wear contacts. I can't imagine how awful it would be if I did either! Used once, won't use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by QueenLeilani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidentally bought this and meant to buy the OIL-FREE makeup remover pad. (The OIL-FREE makeup remover pad is my favorite and works the best).
But instead, I bought the moisturizing kind which is just full of oil. It removed my eye makeup just fine. But when it came to washing all the oil off my face...I couldn't see anything. My eyes were just drained in oil (thank God it didn't burn my eyes). I had to literally put my head under the sink and let the water flush my eyes out. No matter how much I rinsed my eyes, my vision was blurry the rest of the day. Never used it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible! What were they thinking when they created this crap? I already have acne-prone skin, so this is just terrible for it. It'll make your vision blurry too! WARNING to all contact lense wearers - STAY AWAY! You might as well, spray vegetable oil over your eye lids. Yuck....what a mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally gave up on this eye makeup remover today. My biggest complaint is that it stings terribly on the skin around my eyes, especially under my eyes. While the name of the product is "moisturizing," I would argue that it would be more accurate to say "oily." This is straight oil. The plastic bottle that it comes in has a wide necked opening which makes it more prone to spillage, too. I suppose it's a good value since it's 4 ounces for very few dollars, but when the product isn't good, it's wasted money. Ironically, there is a large seal on the front of the bottle with #1 in it stating that this is "America's number one eye makeup remover brand." Well, this American is voting no!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The reviews here cracked me up! Yes, this is pretty oily!
I give it the 4 stars because it is the only remover I have found that removes my eyemakeup without tugging.
My sister uses vaseline and swears by it. I tried it a couple of times and did not like smearing it around, making me look like I had black eyes. Of course, then, I had to take that black mess off.
Also, I have tried natural oils. Got the same smearing effect as when I used the vaseline and it really did not do a great job of removing my mascara.
I plan to look around on MUA for something else to try.
By the way, I take off the oil with a cool pat of a washcloth and most of the oil is taken away. I have a dry under eye so the oil does not really get to me as much as it does to others.

Edit: Threw in the trash after finding Philosophy Just Release Me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

These pads do a fairly good job at removing makeup but they are so super oily. I realize you're supposed to wash your eyes off after using this and I suppose doing it in the shower would work but I really wanted to keep these in my car. I think if I were to repurchase I would get the non-oily ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Kamja

I love this product. It is so tiny and light, perfect for traveling. Like alisonW said, oil dissolves the makeup. I know a lot of people use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to remove eye makeup. It does blur my eyes especially when I try to remove the eyeliners on my waterlines. However wash your face with regular face cleanser right after will solve the problem right away.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by stefffanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The pads are DRENCHED in oil. Ick.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by arieschick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I do agree these pads are very oily, I love them! Maybe this is because I take a shower every night and I find it very convenient to use these then. The oiliness isn't too much of a problem when I can easily wash it out in the shower, with the help of a cleanser. I have found it is the only product to reliably take off my waterproof mascara (Max Factor Volume Couture) I also bought the oil-free version of this and was disappointed that it didn't remove my mascara at all, so I won't be buying the oil-free again!