Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The BEST concealer EVER.

I have acne/ redness/ combination skin with eczema on my cheeks. It's an absolute nightmare to find a concealer which covers redness/ acne marks/ and doesn't make you want to scratch your entire face off.

I can say that this never does that to me! It stays put for HOURS, completely covers spots and redness and doesn't dry/flake horribly over my cheeks and dry/sore patches.

It makes you look absolutely flawless. I never go anywhere without this!! It has a big mirror inside it too which is great!

Others on here have mentioned the "hard" texture of the concealer. Yes, it is "hard" but that's because it has such a high pigmentation and it doesn't fall off your face hours later like other creamy concealers do. Use a good eye cream first and you'll be fine if you want to use it for the eye area.

You also do not need much concealer to cover anything, it literally looks like you have been putting it on for hours carefully when you've only done a dab!!

The only gripe I have is that I have to use SC-2 as the lighter colour is the bigger palette on that one and SC-1 has the bigger palette as the darker colour. Slightly confusing! but aside from that this is just a fantastic product!!

on 5/29/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This only dirt cheap because my sister gave it to me. Otherwise, it's about a 3 on the scale. I love this concealer, it works extremely well and I don't have to use foundation with it. I use it on some spots and then blend away with a blush brush.
My only gripes are:
1. sometimes the compact becomes a bit grainy.
2. sometimes the concealer leaves streaks.
I will be buying it again!

$28 for this concealer was a pretty good price. I love being able to custom mix my own shade but I'm still in between two colors. I knocked it down a peg because I'm still in between 2 shades but. bought sc-7 and i use my finger (count do it any other way. Its kind of hard and brushes wouldn't work) to pat the lighter color over my scars, then i go over them again with the darker color until it matches my skin. I also use this as an under eye concealer. I have to use an eye cream first because once again, its hard. The coverage lasts all day and i would gladly repurchase

I was shopping for a good concealer today and i tried shu uhemra gel concealer with help from the BA..GOSH!the BA remove my makeup entirely and re-applied the foudation together with the base mousse and concealer!Its very cakey even my gf said that there were patches of concealer on my cheeks..its so visible!!!I know that the BA is trying to link-sell but seriously!!!My skin is prone to acne and redness I need something reallly good to cover up the imperfection..the shu uhemra gel concealer cost 48sgd and its .....
So my next stop was sephora and thankfully I met a kind BA who advice me to try the LM secret concealer,she chose for me SC-1 and this shade is the lightest (PS: I have dark skin tone,super worry!!)
I asked her whether I can tried it on my freshly popped pimple and she helped me to apply on my affected areas.She also said that I should put few layers until its less visible.I was amazed by the coverage and it completely conseal the redness and the marks..She follows up with a compact foundation and my skin really look fawless..The BA also told me to apply liquid foudation after I use the concealer cause it blend in much more better comparing to a compact foudation to reduce the appearence patches.So I am very satisfy to pay 46 sgd on this wonderful ptd..The BA also told me that this is not for under eyes cause the texture is too drying.. =)

UPDATE 131013: hate this concealer it break me out like hell!I wear this together with my chanel foundation when I was on my holiday trip in tokyo during summer..I developed small bumps along my jaw line and cheeks skin look like crap and the concealer make my small bumps look more makeup look cakey as well...worst part is the small bump i have became cyctis took me 2mths to clear my skin..although the ptd state that it is non comedogenic but dont let it deceive might have other ingredient that trigger skin to break out..

on 4/24/2012 4:30:00 AM

This is the best concealer I've ever used. My skin is quite fair, yellow undertone, but a lot of redness from healing acne marks - I use no2 and find it very helpful that there's a more pink/peachy side along the yellow-y. This covers my redness and marks, stays put and (most importantly) does NOT clog my pores, which are very very prone to congestion. Love the blending, that it goes perfect on all different shades on my face, the lil mirror inside and the fact that this'll probably last me a year or more. Thumbs up!

on 4/14/2012 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

EDIT: 10/12/13:
Alright... I hate to say this but I am no longer a fan. I find that if you're great at blending or a great makeup artist, then you can handle this concealer. Don't get me wrong- I love the packaging and how there are 2 colors...I love the concept but I can't do it. I'm just your average, everyday working gal that just needs a concealer that sticks on my face for hours. Something Simple. I don't have time to blend anymore or to make sure it doesn't look like I have light spots all over my face to cover the acne spots haha I am just going to stick to stick concealers or cream. I just need to tap and blend a bit and I'm good to go. Also, I have combo skin and when the fall and winter season come, I find it hard to get it out of the package without looking too cakey.
"THIS is the concealer for acne marks and hyper-pigmentation"
I think I may have found my HG concealer. I'm someone with ALOT of acne marks. My skin is olive so alot of the marks become very dark and pigmented. They're so annoying to get rid of. I admit, I did not cooperate with the texture of this product. I preferred cream or liquid concealers rather than this. I thought it was weird having 2 colors - one that was way too light and one that was about right. I got used to this over time and application became much more simple. It's APRIL and I bought this in January and I'm already running out :( Good stuff. Just make sure to apply a setting powder on where you've concealed. Also, this is NOT for under eyes - I recommend a liquid concealer for that one. I use MAC's prolong wear concealer for that. Oh and I might add, the lighter color is great as a highlighter, if you want to contour your nose.

on 4/10/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. I am never without it in my bag. I use it to cover blemishes and redness. NOTHING lasts like it. It covers amazingly well and stays put until you take it off and it does not. I agree with Issey- this is not a concealor for under your eyes. It is not sold as such.

on 4/10/2012 10:10:00 AM

Come on MUAers, you are NOT supposed to use this concealer for undereye!!!! There are tons of helpful reviews here highlighting this point and I do not understand why people are just blind about it. This is a great concealer for pimples, redness, etc. Great range of color choices. And the texture is designed for a long lasting coverage! The application could be tricky, so go to the counter / youtube and look for an experienced BA/user for suggestions.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so annoyed I bought this. I had a makeover done at the counter, paid 10 deposit so I had to buy something or lose the deposit. For a start, the makeup artist DID NOT do my makeup - the regular MUA did. And all she did was remove what I had on, and despite me asking for a wedding look, reapplied it almost exactly the same. I mean, WTAF?
Anyway, onto the product. I told the MUA that I wanted to try a full coverage foundation as I normally use sheer. I don't have blemished skin, but I do have large pores and quite a red undertone which is hard to cover. He dismissed totally what I said and used foundation and then this concealer on the red bits.
Now, I do own a concealer, but I only use it for blemishes and under the eyes. I don't like it to tone down red especially, as it looks caked on and looks nasty once the oils start breaking through, especially on my nose. Granted I didn't tell him this, but I did say I had combination skin that was particularly oily on my nose.
This product is ok. I don't find it easy to blend, I gather you are supposed to pick up a bit of product from each side and blend till it matches skin tone. Ok, except it doesn't really work that way! I goes on fairly nicely and I admit the colour matching is very good, but I just don't like using concealers! Therefore, this was a 26 mistake that will probably only be used on the very rare occasions when I go out in the evening.

on 4/1/2012 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Disgusting. Laura Mercier just launched in Singapore in Sephora and i was so excited to try this. What a disappointment! Forget the colour range, the texture is like HARD clay. I am NOT going to use this anywhere near my under-eye area!! And the testers were brand new mind you. As for the colours, there is no colour that is yellow enough AND rich enough to match my skintone. The darker colours tend to be orangey. Price was 40+++ sing dollars, obviously way higher than the US price. For that markup, the quality is horrible, sorry.