August 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I learned to like this product for as long as i can remember, I think this perfume is out there for very long and now most stores doesn't bother to put it into their stock. Pure, hypnotic and the really bad-scented midnight is novelty to me and nothing can even be compared to it.
I usually buy it from ebay and most them ended up being shipped from France. I bought this perfume for as least 5 3.4 bottles for the last 7-8 years. I'd never use it on myself but my mom wears it and only it. She doesn't even bother with N5. She loves the scent and although the eau de toilette is not as long lasting as the parfume, actually it last a lot longer than most toilette stuff, her closet smelled like poison and her clothes smelled like it always and even her dry cleaners noticed the smell and commented on it. Her nicely pressed coat remained smelling like poison days after dry cleaning. Now you get the idea how enduring it is.
initially I don't like poison because i don't like anything feminine, I prefer cool fresh green smell, but as i stated, I smelled it so often I learned to like it. I sometimes spray a little over pillow and room just to remind me the scent of Mother if I live far away from her.
anyway, dior perfume has several highly debatable ingredient, this one in particular has Phalates, defined by french perfume industry, supposed to be harmful, but I never bothered to tell my mom and you know, after 20+years of usage, who cares. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by leener

I will say "to each his own" but, this can be an excellent fragrance. With this perfume "less is more"; you do have to be respectful of those around you. I feel this fragrance is best described as a berry(only slightly sweet), and yes some amber with a peppery kick to the end. It's lasting power is absolutely excellent. Because of the strength, I recommend spraying it on your person vs. your clothes. When sprayed on your clothes, it doesn't get to evolve as it should and can be overwhelming. It is one of my favorites, and I am trying hard to find the esprit de parfum vs the edt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by potionsandlotions

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry, but one spritz of the EDT is not enough for me. I love this too much so I wear it when I am home alone or when I know I won't be in enclosed spaces with anyone. I wouldn't want to choke anyone to death. The EdP is glorious too, but it has less sillage, and it doesn't have the Opoponax note that I love so much in the EDT. The Espirit de Parfum is spicier and plumier-- and gorgeous. If you love the EDT, you should try the EdP(Espirit de Parfum). It comes in handy for those occasions when nothing but Poison will do but you don't want to walk around in a cloud of Poison Sillage. I prefer the EDT, personally.

The EDT is Opoponax and sweet berries to my nose. The EdP is honeyed berries, plum, spices and amber. The EdP is richer and wears closer to the skin. The EdT can be a dangerous weapon if over-applied.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

For those who think Poison is too strong, it is worth seeking out the Esprit de Parfum version. It comes in a small, round bottle with a glass stopper - no spray. It's a totally different experience than the EDT. Just a couple of drops, and it's magic. I think the reason so many people dislike it is because many women overuse it. It can be glorious under the right circumstances, and men love it on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MillicentWinds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I spent a few hours walking around downtown, then I spritzed this on. Then I walked about some more.

For those who refer to this as a man magnet...

It's uncanny. Men would turn around and stare or linger by me, whereas a few hours before this did not happen.

Of course, I do not pick fragrances solely based on their ability to elicit attention from strange men.

This scent is lovely. Perhaps my nose is impaired but I do not find it too strong. It's rather dreamy. And sweet smelling, but not sickly. But with a bit of bite to it, like me ;)

It also smells familiar. Like I'd known it before and was coming home to it now, ahahaha.

My intuition was telling me that this would be the scent for me and it is. This is the only fragrance I will buy from now on, none other compare.

I'm reviewing the toilette as I could not locate the parfum in my area.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worked next to a gal who wore this all the time --- gave me an asthma attack.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2007 8:09:00 AM More reviews by silvertips

This has to be the ultimate 'Marmite' of the perfume world - you either love it or hate it! And I hate it. Really heady and overpowering - I had the misfortune of still living at home with my mum when she went through her 'Poison' phase when it first came out. I would have to cross the street if someone came the other way wearing it, it gives me blinding headaches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by miotiramisu

Definitely an acquired taste in the perfume world.

The fragrance smells like dirt or fresh soil to me. One of the worst ever created. No wonder it's called POISON!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by celtic_chick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear this scent much anymore, but I will always have a little bottle about. It is a very nostalgic scent for me. It's a very deep scent, nothing like anything I've ever smelled, and I'm rarely in the mood for it anymore but I just can't part with it. The notes include a blend of amber, honey, berries, and other spices. On me I mainly get berries and spices.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Sakuru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember this fragrance from the 1980s and I got a ton of compliments on it. I think this was my holy grail fragrance back then. Fast forward to now. I re-purchased this based on memories of it. I do think this is a "mood" fragrance. I can't wear it except under the perfect circumstances, when I want to feel like a femme fatal. It is certainly an evening fragrance to go along with a little black dress and dripping in diamonds.

This certainly is not the fragrance to wear under casual circumstances. I will hold on to my bottle and spritz on from time to time when the mood is right and the weather is cool.

I do love the rich deep oriental notes in this and if you don't overdo it, the fragrance will draw a lot of positive attention. If you spray on too much, be prepared for it to overwhelm everyone in the room.