April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkstuff

Why aren't people talking about how this foundation contains shimmer??

After hearing so much hype about this product, I decided to try it. On application, I noticed shimmer/glitter all over my face. On closer inspection of the product, I realized that the foundation was full of shimmer. WHY????

Pros:
Blendable
Good color selection

Cons:
Shimmer galore

I really wanted to like this product, but I cannot overlook the fact that it makes my face look like a disco ball.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As an extremely pale, and true neutral person, I found a good colour match with this foundation (N1). It is a light coverage foundation, best suited for people with very little to hide (maybe just a teensy bit of discoloration). I used this foundation for years when I was a teenager, due to it's low cost and colour match. When I got older and had scarring and rosacea to hide, I switched to other foundations. But when I had very little money and needed something cheap to use, I figured I would go back to basics and use this again.

Upon trying it again, I think I might have found the culprit (or at least, one of them) in my teenage breakouts. This stuff gave me about 10 pimples just from using it once. I can't believe I ever thought this stuff was even decent. Would not wear it if you paid me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Blondiee213

I really wanted to love this foundation after I've heard so many amazing things about it. I got it in N2, and I couldn't get it to blend. I don't have dry skin but it left my skin looking patchy, and wouldn't blend, the only way I could use it was if I mixed it with another foundation, (covergirl clean foundation) when I mixed it, it looked amazing, and the packaging is the worst! It spilled all over my bag. -.- but I'm willing to give this foundation one more try in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by wearescientists

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The formula is very liquidy which I don't generally find to be a problem for foundations. It felt really nice when I blended it into my skin using my fingers but it just looks shocking. I found that when I properly applied it with my RT buffing brush, it was difficult to buff out streaks which ended up in a thin, sheer coverage. When I tried to build up the product, it would just pick up the foundation and create bare patches (especially around the T zone and I don't even have oily skin!) leaving me with an uneven finish. Stippling didn't work either, the product just kept picking itself up and I was left with tiny stipple marks. This foundation just does not stick to my skin, it looks horrible and adheres to dry skin making any dry patches very obvious (For me, this is in between my eyebrows from waxing). Although I tried with many different primers and powders I just can't get this product to work. They do deserve some brownie points for the colour range, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by shanzaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect foundation omgggg all it needs is a pump on the bottle but the colors are dead on the formula is so liquidy but somehow still covers. HOLYGRAILLLL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Oh my GOD, I love this foundation so much. I'm an avid wearer of Estee Lauder Double Wear but now that my skin is in better condition I need something not-so-heavy and this is a wonderful substitute. I purchased this in the shade W4 to wear with my fake tan now that Summer is approaching (I live in the Southern Hemisphere) and I am so pleased with the results. There's something so exciting about foundation and I think it's because a flawless base makes anyone and everyone look a million times better and this foundation is no exception. It's of a very runny consistency but it blends beautifully and looks extremely natural. I have some cystic acne scarring from two years ago but I find this foundation conceals them effortlessly. The finish is dewy, natural and smooth in appearance. As far as oxidisation goes, I haven't had it happen. When I looked in the mirror a few hours after wearing this I actually thought that my natural oils mixed with the foundation made my skin look even more glowy and luminous. Not shiny though, promise! I set it with a little bit of MAC studio fix powder and it lasts all day long. Love, love, love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jueda

LOVE this product! its is fabulous colour match to my pale skin which has a yellow undertone. With this foundation a little bit goes a long way as it has a lot of coverage. Its beautiful as it is light weight and its too heavy on the skin. The packaging is great with a pump bottle as it is more hygienic and it is great for travelling. Definitely prefer it to other foundations i have used, But if you have dry skin with using this foundation i recommend using a good moisturiser before applying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high expectations of this foundation as i LOVE the true match mineral foundation and the true match concealer. I am SO DISAPPOINTED!!!! This foundation is very runny and looks wet/oily after application, and seems to accentuate every pore on my face. The coverage is terrible, and it broke me out after one day of wearing it!!!! It doesn't last long on the face, at then end of my work day it looked like i had no make-up on whatsoever. I am stuck with a $32 bottle of foundation that i will never wear again, what a waste of money. Such a shame as i love L'Oreal products in general.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by bbdream

I am a boy and an N2. This is the weirdest foundation. The color is actually perfect and it doesn't oxidize, however I have combo skin, and this is unwearable if you have dry skin. Unwearable. I also have large pores on my face as well and this is the worst. If you have NO dry skin or large pores whatsoever, you might like this. I would recommend using a stippling brush to apply this- your fingers will not blend this foundation well. And even then, I would not say this foundation is super blendable! The best thing about it is the color selection which is fabulous. It is relatively long wearing which is nice. I will not be repurchasing this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I gave this one a try after getting the suggestion that using a liquid foundation is a better option for covering under eye circles and skin imperfections than a concealer.

First the pros:

- it really does blend amazingly well
- shade matches my skin tone perfectly (I'm a W3)
- is lightweight
- does not irritate or cause breakouts
- covers well
- lasts a long time

Now the cons:

- even though it's oil free my skin still has mad shine
- it requires a few layers before full coverage is achieved
- very runny and can flow out too quick from the bottle
- packaging could be better, the screw on cap bottle can get messy

Overall this is a good makeup pick and I find that my face overall looks a lot more even using this foundation than it did when I used concealer.