April 17, 2014 | 1560 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by pigeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best foundations I have used purely because the lightest shade is actually pale enough for me to wear!

As for it's coverage/finish:
It needs a powder over it in my experience, as it looks shiny without - but it blends in quite nicely without the 'mask' effect.

That said - i most likely wouldn't use it if not for the great pale shade. There are foundations with nicer finishes out there, but for anyone who has problems finding pale foundation - give this a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

used to use this but i would notice it wouldnt last that long.. faded away quickly. i would stick to revlon colorstay...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

I was actually surprised at how much I liked this foundation. Having a bad experience with previous Cover Girl foundations, I didn't expect much of this foundation when I first started using it. This foundation gives medium coverage but it can definitely be build up for more coverage. I have pretty oily skin and this didnt make me feel like a grease ball at all. It blends really well into my skin making it look very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by lis4473

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's one problem I've had through out the years with foundations, all drug store foundations I could afford were greasy! I have oily skin so this is a problem I switched to Department store cosmetics for awhile and was satisfied yes....until I moved out of my parents place and needed to switch back to drugstore well I picked this out for whatever reason and I LOVE IT! gives me a pretty even skin tone without concealing by beauty marks or hazing over them showing people I wear foundation. I haven't had a problem with fading and I work around greasy food all day waiting tables so I've tested it harshly.
I apply it with a mac Skunk brush and pat it on blend and that's it it looks so nice natural and doesn't feel like a layer of grease.
I love this hope this helps someone

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by applebomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: when blended well, the color truly looks flawless on my face, but not too heavy, more on the sheer, light/med coverage side. i like to apply with my fingers for a slightly dewy finish. i like the range of color, and since its an inexpensive drugstore foundation, its good to know i can go out and get a new color for when im more pale or tan depending on the season. i have oily and somewhat sensitive skin and i break out easily; however i have not with this.

CONS: smells weird, lasts for about 5 hours on me (and t-zone must be re-done completely, regardless if i set it with powder), sometimes the color "separates" when dispensed from the pump; therefore you must blend it before you put it on your face, and again blend on your face to get the most flawless outcome. feels "wet" for longer, so i need to be careful setting with powder not to smudge/look caked on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by butterflyweb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by saying that I know this isn't the 'best' liquid foundation. It has it's flaws, certainly. It takes a long time to dry and comes off way too easy--probably lasts about 4-5 hours at most and forget it if you start sweating.

That being said, I really, really do like this foundation and here's why--

My shade, Classic Ivory, is like the HG match to my skin. It gives me a gorgeous dewy, porcelain look to my skin while at the same time, having light, natural enough coverage to keep it from looking like I slapped on a mask. It feels light on my skin, and goes on so easily and blends very well.

I'm ridiculously gun shy with trying new foundations, so much so that I've maybe tried three others besides this one, and even after finding another that I like, this is the foundation I keep coming back to, and feel most comfortable with. So rather than HG, we'll call it my safety blanket foundation and for that purpose? It works pretty darn well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really decent liquid foundation.

The pros:

It's lightweight. It doesn't feel heavy. The coverage is light and can be built slightly.

It's blendable, and it can look like skin. It's also really easy to apply.

It didn't break me out.

And it's cheap!

The cons:

Shade 405 was too dark for me. It's probably about an NW15.

It clings to dry patches.

Every time I used the foundation, I would need to pump and throw away the first pump, because the color had separated (and I did shake the bottle beforehand).

It did oxidize slightly over the day.

I wasn't thrilled with it, but if I ever had a liquid foundation emergency, I would run out and grab this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I really liked this a lot. I use to use it all the time. The only down side is that it looks obvious if you have any dry patches. Other than that, it is amazing. I want to try the mousse now, as I haven't used this in awhile and was just reminded of this on here. So I will be sure to give a review on that when I buy some.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:39:00 AM More reviews by km93

Pros: it has a sheer coverage and it feels good on my skin and it doesnt make me break out

Cons: its oily it lasts only 2 hours it sets in my pores and none matched my skin color

i wouldnt buy this product again unless i had a really good primer and powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Laceygirl3120

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an okay foundation-- the coverage is light, and it's a tad greasy. It blends well and has a pump which is great! This foundation broke me out though, I'm not really sure why. It's Just not the foundation for me :(