August 31, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kittykat0904

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the new formula. I think that this stuff is pretty good. I really like that it has a pump so that it isn't that messy. Problem is that it isn't really buildable and you'll end up looking pretty blotchy if you try to put on more. I also like that it hides my forehead wrinkles since I don't like to use primer. Another problem is that it is a little bit too orange, but hardly noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the old formulation (not the new one which I hate). This was my favorite foundation for years until I couldn't find it anymore. It is super blendable and buildable and has a wonderfully soft texture. The plastic packaging was lightweight and easy to transport but was a little messy. It was pretty great. I wish they still made the old formulation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by petalb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for light to medium coverage, you can give this a try. A little goes a long way, so one pump should be enough to cover your entire face. It feels a bit weird going on ( a bit like putting a silicone hair serum on your face), but once its on its so light and dry to the touch you can forget that you have anything on your face. The coverage is not buildable, probably because of the same silicone like feel, so you need to get it right the first time, otherwise you'lll need to go in with a good concealer or another foundation and even it out cause even the slightest attempt to build coverage leaves you with a caked look. The other thing is that you need to make sure your skin is in good shape before using this because it will not cover large pores and will accentuate any dry spots or flakes on your face. Since I have oily skin, I always follow with setting powder and fix it spray. When I see some oil on my face (like 3 -4 hours later), I simply blot and powder again - I never reapply this foundation during the day, Áause as mentioned above it leads to the caked look.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by hawle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard this stuff was great for very pale skin.. but I am very disappointed with everything about this product. It was still too orange for me, especially once it dried. It's very runny and doesn't blend well at all. The coverage is just terrible. This is awful for my dry skin: it clings to my dry patches and makes them look even more flaky and dry. The only thing I liked was the pump dispenser and packaging, though that doesn't matter if it is a bad product. I will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! i am sad that Covergirl tests on animals bc truly, this is the best d/s foundation ive ever tried/used! i wish i could say id repurchase bc i would IF THEY DIDNT TEST ON ANIMALS :( but i will review it since i do own a bottle & love it-
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
Covergirl is one of more readily available drugstore brands so this TruBlend foundation can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as most Target & Walmart stores. The price will vary depending on your location as well as discount/sales/coupons. But generally, this is priced around $7-8 which is a fair price. Even a cheapskate like me thinks its a good price, even better if you can catch it on sale! & CG coupons can be found in the PG Saver in sunday papers!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
CG TruBlend Liquid Foundation is a nice creamy liquid formula- i think this is great for those with normal to dry skin. I am not sure if oilier skin types would like this since its more moisturizing & may fade or oxidize faster. Since i have normal to dry skin, i find this is amazing, it doesnt dry out my skin or cling to dry spots. It doesnt feel cakey or heavy on the skin. It covers well. I believe this is light to medium coverage if built up. I like that its almost like a tinted moisturizer but with a little more coverage. It evens out my skin tone but i do use a concealer w/ this foundation. it does take away redness on the blemish area but if you want the blemishes to disappear- concealer will be needed but only a little bit! I use face primer on days i want this to stay put forever but alone, this will last at least 6hrs without fading or disappearing. Paired w/ my face primer, this will stay put w/ little fading for over 8-9 hrs. What i love most about this foundation is the selection of shades for very pale/porcelain skin girls. For girls w/ more medium to darker skin tones, i think the selection may be limited. But typically, most d/s foundation "Ivory" shades, they run super dark & more warm so they are always a fail for me but the lightest shade in TruBlends "Ivory" is a great almost white pinky shade that basically blends into my skin, even in winter. In summer, i dont tan too much so i can even use this & use a bronzer if i get too light for it. This is one of the first foundations i can use w/out having to mix it with another lighter foundation. This actually is the fndt i reach for if i try to use another foundation bc it lightens them up! Its great on its own or paired w/ any other foundation i have. The consistency is a nice creamy liquid. Its not so thin like "Loreal True Match" and not super thick like Revlon. This is what i call the perfect consistency! This applies easily, blends out nicely, with no skipping or blotchiness. This allows a little bit of time to blend into skin without drying super fast. Its easy to work with. This also can be applied with fingers, sponge or brush. I like using a damp sponge or my Elf Studio Powder brush. Depending on the amount of coverage id like that day! So if you are looking for a super pale foundation & you have a cool undertone, Ivory will work for you! I also really enjoyed the Whipped Mousse version that of course i loved but they no longer make :( sadly!
=PACKAGING=
The CG TruBlend Liquid foundation comes in a nice glass bottle with a plastic PUMP dispenser. The pump is nice, easy & allows you to get a little bit w/out getting too much & wasting product. The glass bottle is sturdy & feels nice & there is a sticker w/logo & labeling. The shade name is located on the bottle front. There is a plastic snap on/off lid that keeps the pump covered. you may have to clean off the pump to ensure that foundation doesnt smear all over the lid to make it dirty looking. Cleaning the pump is a great way to keep the product safe & sanitized. The pump allows you to pump the product w/out worrying about contaminating the foundation by having to pour it out & thinking wether to dumpin the excess back in? not with this! Def really good packaging esp for a drugstore foundation! You get the standard 1.0fl oz of product but since this is a little thicker, not alot is needed for the whole face so it lasts me so long even using it daily!
Overall, I LOVE this foundation! i know some have said they reformulated but im not sure if i got an older or newer version. I know i LOVE the version i got & def think its amazing! if you go with CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP COMPANIES, cg IS NOT ONE OF THEM!! i wish they would quit doing so bc id really repurchase alot of their products ive tried/bought when i was new to makeup & didnt know better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Worst foundation I have ever used. Was greasy, but somehow at the same time very powdery feeling when I applied it. I also found it didn't blend well at all and the finish was terrible, showed all my flaws. Made me break out every time I used it so I ended up throwing it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been on the hunt for a good foundation that my sensitive, rosacean, acne-prone skin can handle for YEARS and sadly, this one isn't it either. I LOVED the coverage of this and the lightest shade was actually a decent match for my NC15 skin. I apply with my flat top ELF brush and then stipple on a little more in areas that need more coverage. I actually need barely ANY concealer when I use this foundation, which is unbelievable for me! With a light dusting of my ELF HD powder, it lasts most of the day. Sadly, my face breaks out every time I wear it. *Sigh* Back to the search!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Iíve actually been using this foundation on and off for a few years now. Up until recently I have really liked how nicely their lightest shade matched my skin (Iím really, really pale), but it seems like theyíve changed their formula recently. The liquid foundation looks great until it dries, and then it takes on an orangey tone. Itís not particularly noticeable to people who donít know where to look specifically, but for a makeup perfectionist like myself, it can be quite distressing. Iíve always loved this foundation, but if it keeps turning orange, Iím going to have to find another one.

I still love the pump that CoverGirl uses to deliver the foundation. It keeps the makeup cleaner and fresher in my opinion. I can tell a huge difference between my foundations that donít have a pump and TruBlend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sue52175

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is average. I will use if I need more coverage but it's more matte looking than I would like.

I am going back to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found a light, yellow toned shade match, but WHOA glitterbomb! Not a good choice for my 40-something skin.