Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 7/18/2011 9:03:00 AM

I owned this foundation for the longest time, as it was inexpensive and I have an aversion to trying new products (due to severely sensitive, hive-prone skin). To be perfectly honest, it's not wonderful, nor is it awful. It goes on VERY damp and glowy, and can pick up a greasy feel quickly, and has very little staying power. It is very sheer, and goes on smoothly, so it almost has the feel of a tinted moisturizer. It tends to settle in my larger pores if it is on for too long, which is particularly noticeable in fluorescent light.

The reason I originally purchased it is due to its shade- I bought it in 1 (or 405), and it was light enough to match my very pale skin tone. With a fine dusting of powder over top, I found it could look good for around 2 hours before it began to settle and look...well, I'll be honest- gross. But for short times, I found it to be perfectly acceptable. So if you are on a low budget, and aren't planning on not retouching for hours, this could work.

on 7/14/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The smell the smell the smell. This foundation smells terrible-like chemicals. It makes me wanna vomit and get a headache.Lame. It may bend well and I like the pump, but it sucks.I want to rant my hate on this.

on 7/8/2011 11:32:00 PM

It was a pleasant surprise for me when I first tried it. It feels very light and the color looks very natural even though I should have chosen one darker color.
Above all, it has a great coverage!!! Trust me, my skin tone has not been a source of pride for me. Also it applies very smoothly and it feels very moisturizing.

If you want to see "Before &After" picture with this product on please visit

on 7/7/2011 4:31:00 PM

There seems to be a lot of hate around this product? Either some people LOVE it, or they HATE it, from the deepest of their heart. This is mostly caused by the fact everyone has a different skin. Also everyone has a different method of applying it. But I'm going to tell you what I think of this foundation. (Btw I use Ivory, lightest shade)

So, even tho it did work really well on me, it might not work so well on you. Like I said it depends. This is the first foundation I've ever used. Let's start with the coverage. It did a really good coverage. I remember I was with my friend and we were taking pictures in the mirror (xd). And I remember she looked in the mirror and compared her skin to mine, and she was like "I'm jealous, you're a guy and you have a better looking skin then me!". (She uses powder foundation by I don't know who..). But in reality, if we would've stand in the mirror with both of us having no foundation on, she would have a better looking skin. All of this to say that the Covergirl foundation did make my skin look really good :) What about how natural it looks? Well I've tried other foundations like "Revlon Colourstay" and "Mac studio fix fluid", and let me tell you that that Covergirl TruBlend is the foundation that looked the most natural so far. It does look a bit cakey, but in order to look cakey I have to put my face 1 inch away from the mirror, with a big lightspot pointing on my skin. So yeah... Some people might complain that this foundation doesn't match their skintone and made them look "un-natural", but it's just because they didn't find the right match for their skin. I'm lucky cause Covergirl made the perfect colour for my skin, like if it was designed just for me!

Now for the price, I'll say it is very cheap. Plus, it has a pump, which I really enjoy. Now for the time it last, I'd say that I prefer "Revlon Colourstay" when it comes to having a foundation that last 16 hours. Revlon lasted me around 16 hours (with powder), and Covergirl TruBlend lasted me around 10 hours (with powder). So this is the only thing I don't like about this foundation, is that it doesn't last that long! But otherwise, I love everything about it

I'm going to add a picture so you guys can see what the foundation looks like on me. In the pic I have on my face only the Covergirl Tru Blend foundation, and powder. No concealer at all. And the picture was taken with a strong flash.

Hope you liked my review :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Hey,
I have very oily yet also very dry skin that has blemishes ranging from blackheads to redness. I found this product for around... I think $10.00. I've tried everything and a lot of what I tried made my face look cakey and unreal. But this product brought me joy :D It doesn't clog my pores, lets my freckles show, plays down the redness and evens out my skin tone! It's medium coverage for me. I also SET this with a loose powder, which EVERYONE SHOULD DO (especially everyone whining about it being oily). I down right straight up love this stuff. I'll never go back to my old foundation :)

on 6/20/2011 9:44:00 AM

This stuff is no good, the coverage is awful, I get wanting a natural look but you couldn't even see anything on my face, it blends in to the point you can't see it and didn't cover anything. I would never buy this again.

on 6/16/2011 8:09:00 PM

I used this a few years ago and I remember really liking it. It feels so smooth and sheer and has great coverage. It also blends beautifully.
I usto use tons of foundation and cover up, but I now prefer to let my skin be free; it feels much cleaner without it. However, this is a great foundation if you feel like using any!

on 6/6/2011 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation had many pros for me, but also many cons. I'll start with the good things about it. First off, I liked the fact that it was one of the only brands that could actually match my skintone, so i wasn't stuck with a foundation line across my jaw everyday. It also blended very well and looked very natural. It did a good job of covering all my blemishes and red blotches, as well as acne scars.
Unfortunately though, the cons outweighed the pros. It didnt last all day, and would rub off very easily. It made my skin slightly oily, and would clog my pores big-time. So in the end, I was stuck with more blemishes because of the foundation.
So because it made my skin look worse without makeup on, i decided to stop using it altogether.

on 5/23/2011 2:32:00 AM

This does a good job of making my skin all one color (minus acne scarring, which I use another cover-up for). I have very dry skin, and I use a moisturizer first and then put this on. Matches my skin really well and it's one of those foundations that, if you put it on right, truly doesn't look like you're wearing anything. I use it on low-maintenance days. :)

on 5/21/2011 8:17:00 PM

Lol at all these low ratings! I have oily skin, and this lasted all day on me with no shine or anything. I apply serum, lotion, and primer before applying foundation. Then - here's the important part people seem to neglect - I powder my face to set the foundation (I use Coty Airspun Powder. It's amazing at oil absorbing). It's not hard. More people should try it.
Anyway, about this product. I have it in 405, the lightest shade, and it matches my other foundations I use (L'Oreal True Match in W1 and Maybelline Fit Me in 110). I was a little skeptical of this since drugstore foundations can be hit or miss, but this was quite nice. I like the pump too. Whoever said that the pump always puts out too much, well, not if you only push it down half way. I like it....more low end foundations should have one. The only bad thing about this is that the coverage is light to medium. It is not really build able either. I have some acne scarring to cover up, but if you need serious heavy duty coverage, you may not find that this covers everything on it's own. Overall, this is a nice find. It lasted all day with no shine, was very true to my coloring, has the handy pump, and is readily available at drugstores everywhere. If you are n the mood for a new foundation, or you are a pale person looking for a good match, try this!