April 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Treatments - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aequin

I really wish I could give this a 2.5 because it's exactly in the middle for me. I've had this for 2 years now and without fail my skin always reacts the same way to it. It makes my skin both better and worse.

As soon as I wash it off I have little bumps all over my face. Some red, some not. It also reddens my skin some even though I do not rub it in at all, and only place the product on my face. I HATE it for this. It takes a good week or two for all the little bumps to go away, but they are at least very small and easily concealed.

However, at the same time, it also makes my pores noticeably smaller, and leaves my dry, flaky skin very smooth (even the bumps are smooth).

I only use it maybe 5 times a year because I really dislike the bumps it gives me, but again, also love how small it makes my pores and smooths my skin.

It's a toss up for me and I really wish I could find a product that worked this good that doesn't have other consequences.

Also, it is extremely important that you DO NOT RUB the crystals into your face! You will turn into a lobster! Be very gentle with application!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MandaLea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product!! Initially I was hesitant about using this peel because I was afraid it would be harsh. I was wrong. My skin was so soft and silky smooth after the first use. I recommend that all women give this skin care system a try because it's a must have! My husband even tried it and couldn't believe the results. Philosophy definitely knows skin care!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I totally love this mask! It's a two step mask and gives a warm exfoliating sensation...my skin feels so smooth after wards. Using it 2x a week has made a dramatic difference in the radiance and glow that I have. I would recommend that everyone try this. It's a little pricey but it will give you around 1 or 2 months worth of facials..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Imchurki

OMG... right now I should'nt even be on here writting a review because im soooo busy....but I am so impressed and amazed by this product that I must share it with ALL women! I just finished my first application ever and I could literally see the results already! I cannot believe how baby smooth my face looks and my pores are invisible, even the lines by my mouth are gone... Im not one of those gifted women who have great skin, so for me to tell you how great my face looks is serious stuff ladies! There's probably magic in this stuff....yeah... that's what it is!.... MAAAAGIC! no wonder 90% of women will buy this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by littlemaryjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Sephora after being told it would be as strong as a DDF glycolic peel I'd tried. It was not as strong as I wanted it to be, for my first complaint. I have uneven texture that is helped a little by exfoliation but stronger treatments are necessary and this was definitely not strong enough for how much I paid for it. A glorified exfoliator--one that didn't blow me away, either.

I didn't feel that it made my skin any smoother--though it diid brighten it. The mornings after I used it, my skin DID look brighter. It helped somewhat with dark spots, but again, not well enough for me to feel that I got my money's worth.

I think I just have too serious of skin problems for this product. It didn't fit the "peel" category for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Audrene

Despite the outrageous price, and the easy-to-contaminate packaging this product is awesome and I would give the product alone a perfect score. I have been using this for almost three years and it's an absolute must have in my skin care routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not always impressed with Philosophy's skincare, although I do love their fragrance. But this peel is completely amazing. Every time I use it, my skin looks about 5 years younger and 2 shades lighter and brighter. The effect on "clarity", a skin characteristic I usually don't understand, is quite incredible. I've used other peels, masks, and exfoliants before, and I use a Clarisonic twice a day (as well as daily Vitamin C), so I might have guessed this wouldn't do anything new. Well, it totally does, and you can absolutely see it in just one time. What's particularly crazy is that my skin tone gets noticeably lighter, so if you tan, you might not like this. However, if you crave the beauty of an almost translucently pale, even, untouched-by-the-sun complexion, this will get you closer.

Gripes are, of course, the price...and the packaging. Isn't Vitamin C going to degrade in an open jar like that? Since the product is used only once a week, that's a lot of time for air to affect the ingredients...It's especially strange considering the BHA activator, which wouldn't be as sensitive to light and air, is in a nice bottle. The application is a little cumbersome but it's really fine. Finally, you're usually not supposed to mix peptides and acids (as the acids can break down the peptides) and you're doing just that with this peel, so the peptides in the product might not be very effective. But overall I love this and will repurchase when it's on sale (sales are rare on this unfortunately) and maybe when it's not.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by TOSIN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This didn't make a discernible difference to the texture of my skin which was quite unfortunate as I had such high hopes! To me it just seemed like a complicated sequence of applications to make the process seem more than it really was, which was just a scrub at the end of the day. Won't repurchase, I'd rather spend the money on a professional facial treatment which can't be replicated at home no matter what skincare companies claim.
EDIT: How wrong I was! I think my skin was going through a bad phase when I originally wrote this review because this resurfacing kit has done wonders for my skin lately!! I decided to dig it out and try it once more, after I'd read consistently good reviews - wow!!!!! This really makes my skin incredibly smooth and flawless. Maybe I was using wrong before or didn't give it a chance to do it's job but from my recent experience, it's the best exfoliator I've used so far! Updated to 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 7:43:00 AM More reviews by mcornett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cheaper alternatives don't compare! This is fantastic. I always come back to it (the price, and my recession budget keeps me straying from time to time). Very easy to use. Skin looks clear and bright. I use it weekly, but could go bi-weekly in a pinch. My only wish is that the bottle of the gel would be a little larger. I seem to use that up first.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by emmaforce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is normal and supple, not dry or oily. I don't have particularly sensitive skin. Also, I'm 38 and trying to keep my skin surface clean and soft.

I found the set to be well packaged and easy to use. The first two times I used it, I didn't scrub the crystals in very much before adding the activator, not wanting to irritate my skin before I knew how strong this was. I didn't see any results, but then I didn't expect to see results very quickly. A few days after my first use, I noticed small white heads on my cheeks and chin. I assumed they were a sort of "purge" that sometimes happens with new products, or perhaps the removal of skin from over my pores, causing inflammation. I used it a second time - more white heads and some pretty startling acne. I never have acne - I didn't have it even as a teenager, so this was a bit disturbing for me.

I decided to give it another go after my skin recovered. So about a month after my second use, I tried it again. Again within a few days the white heads and acne. I was disappointed that my skin didn't even look particularly clean after using it. I mean, okay, perhaps I wouldn't see immediate improvement, but the skin not looking even especially clean?

Final use: again with the skin irritation and acne. This time some really choice pimples. All of a sudden I realized that within each blemish was an actual crystal. So this product was directly causing the irritation - not through purging, but because it was cramming the micro crystals into my skin and getting infected. Ugh.

I stopped using it and my skin recovered. Now I'm sticking to Green Cream and other acid based exfoliants and am back to my normal, glowing skin.