December 21, 2014 | 1676 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by snaptrout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an expensive product but since I want to have consistently clear skin I was willing to give this a try.

Pros:
-Did not irritate existing blemishes (I was worried about this before I bought it).
-Smells so good (comforting orangesicle smell).
-Did not overdry or cause any breakouts.

Cons:
-Expensive $65
-Not much product for the price.

I will probably buy this product again. It did not make any extreme improvements to my skin but I don't really expect that from any one product.

If you are unsure what it means by a peel (I was) it's actually more like a scrub and then you put the serum (activator) over the scrub to "activate" the vitamin C scrub, the scrub dissolves at this point and is replaced by a white foam, which I believe is the "chemical peel" stage of this exfloiating kit. All in all it's pretty quick, kind of messy but fool proof 2 step kit.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by caramelwingz87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks now. I think its way too expensive for what something else on the market can do at a cheaper price. I think the only thing that does something good to the skin is the vitamin c crystals because they are super tiny and they really help make the skin look great.

The peel itself was disappointing as it did not get rid of the post acne marks on my face. Also it made me break out a bit with these bumps which is didn't like. If you buy it then dont be too harsh with the vit c crystals as they may cause this. Im on a budget so im not going to buy this product again. Even though after the use of it it makes your skin feel and look clear with less poes showing i still think something else out there can do the same job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: First the sales associate used the crystals to exfoliate (which for once, Philosophy, smells wonderful!) and then she put on the gel to activate the vitamin c. My skin looked smoother and even a bit tighter right afterward.

CONS: They shouldn't call this a peel. It's nothing like one. And it doesn't deliver results like a peel. My large pores were irritated and looked even bigger. The crystals must be too large.

ALTERNATES: I'd just stick with regular exfoliating like St. Ives Microdermabrasion scrub or even better Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer (doesn't bother my rosacea at all.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product reminds me of the Serious Skin Care Vitamin C Duo mask. The difference is that with the SSC skin care set, you rub in the crystals for 3 minutes and this one only one minute. I do feel more from the activator gel on this kit though. My skin feels very smooth like glass afterwards. I also think this product is more expensive than getting a serious skin care kit. Overall, this did not make me break out, it provided good exfoliation, and it wasn't too hard. It is expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kauai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best skin care product ever used. Huge results with little effort. Don't care much for other Philosophy skin care products, other than their microdelivery scrub face wash. Rest of their products seem more suited to normal to dry skin, while mine is oily to the extreme. Scent on this one is pleasant also--nothing like the "wet dog" Hope in a Jar. Wouldn't be without this at any price. Tried every similar 2 step type product made by competitors (drugstore to department store) and this is in a league of its own.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aequin

I really wish I could give this a 2.5 because it's exactly in the middle for me. I've had this for 2 years now and without fail my skin always reacts the same way to it. It makes my skin both better and worse.

As soon as I wash it off I have little bumps all over my face. Some red, some not. It also reddens my skin some even though I do not rub it in at all, and only place the product on my face. I HATE it for this. It takes a good week or two for all the little bumps to go away, but they are at least very small and easily concealed.

However, at the same time, it also makes my pores noticeably smaller, and leaves my dry, flaky skin very smooth (even the bumps are smooth).

I only use it maybe 5 times a year because I really dislike the bumps it gives me, but again, also love how small it makes my pores and smooths my skin.

It's a toss up for me and I really wish I could find a product that worked this good that doesn't have other consequences.

Also, it is extremely important that you DO NOT RUB the crystals into your face! You will turn into a lobster! Be very gentle with application!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MandaLea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product!! Initially I was hesitant about using this peel because I was afraid it would be harsh. I was wrong. My skin was so soft and silky smooth after the first use. I recommend that all women give this skin care system a try because it's a must have! My husband even tried it and couldn't believe the results. Philosophy definitely knows skin care!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I totally love this mask! It's a two step mask and gives a warm exfoliating sensation...my skin feels so smooth after wards. Using it 2x a week has made a dramatic difference in the radiance and glow that I have. I would recommend that everyone try this. It's a little pricey but it will give you around 1 or 2 months worth of facials..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Imchurki

OMG... right now I should'nt even be on here writting a review because im soooo busy....but I am so impressed and amazed by this product that I must share it with ALL women! I just finished my first application ever and I could literally see the results already! I cannot believe how baby smooth my face looks and my pores are invisible, even the lines by my mouth are gone... Im not one of those gifted women who have great skin, so for me to tell you how great my face looks is serious stuff ladies! There's probably magic in this stuff....yeah... that's what it is!.... MAAAAGIC! no wonder 90% of women will buy this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by littlemaryjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Sephora after being told it would be as strong as a DDF glycolic peel I'd tried. It was not as strong as I wanted it to be, for my first complaint. I have uneven texture that is helped a little by exfoliation but stronger treatments are necessary and this was definitely not strong enough for how much I paid for it. A glorified exfoliator--one that didn't blow me away, either.

I didn't feel that it made my skin any smoother--though it diid brighten it. The mornings after I used it, my skin DID look brighter. It helped somewhat with dark spots, but again, not well enough for me to feel that I got my money's worth.

I think I just have too serious of skin problems for this product. It didn't fit the "peel" category for me.