July 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bossanovaville

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have loved this perfume (specifically, the EDT) since it was released in 1994. At the time, I knew of nothing else like it. This scent is fresh, soft, warm, round and dry all in one fragrance. The white floral and suede top notes give this scent a fresh yet sensual opening, transitioning to its headier middle notes of ylang and jasmine. Not surprisingly, the base notes are the dominant feature here, giving this scent it's enveloping warmth. The blend of sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli, cedarwood and musk sound as though they might be overwhelming, but they actually are very soft and sheer. When I wear this, I literally feel as though I'm wearing the fragrance equivalent of a soft cream-colored cashmere sweater. I was in for a shock last month when I picked up the EDP, thinking it would be equally as comforting, if not more so, as the EDT. The EDP is actually more floral to my nose and became very sharp. The EDT, however, is dry and soft and it amazes me how the two could wear so differently on me. Also, I am not a patch lover. I personally find I can't wear it, as it grows a bit offensive with my chemistry. The patch here doesn't do that. Not sure if it's the level of concentration here or the quality. Couldn't say. All I know is this is a beautifully feminine and seductive scent. I especially love it in fall/winter. Good lasting power.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by CKindiana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried this several times because I love sandalwood but this just not work with my chemistry. On me it smells like cheap incense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tessture

As soon as it hits my skin, it smells a lot like Curve Crush. As it dries, it becomes more perfumy than I like. Nothing bad about it, just nothing I would want more of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bluezinnia

One of the very best fragrances I've tried in recent years. It is aptly named, as it is evocative of luxury and warmth, like a cashmere sweater. This one will probably become a classic, like Chanel No. 5.
Nothing harsh or chemical-smelling about this, unlike almost every popular fragrance at this time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the second time i've bought this. its my favourite perfume of all time. its something i've been wearing since i was 8 years old. (im 14 now) it just smells like a classic perfume from the 90s (probably cuz i wore this when i was really small so it brings back alot of memories from when i was living in chicago) i always choose my perfumes carefully (unless i buy them at the airport just for kicks cuz its cheaper or if it was a gift) i usually go for seductive, sexy and classy. this just hits the spot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

This review is for the Cashmere Mist body lotion. Several woods -
sandalwood, amber, cedarwood, patchouli - plus vanilla and some
powder on top, almost buttery at times.
The tiniest amount of lotion is highly scented and
gives good control on the amount of fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

smells like a soft, white, wooly winter sweater feels. pleasant, warm, snuggly. not half bad, but not all that memorable either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I think this is one of those perfumes that smells creamy and wonderful on the right person and can smell kind of old-ladyish on someone with different chemistry. On me, Cashmere Mist is way too powdery. It definitely seems like a fall/winter fragrance. I can tell that this perfume has the potential to smell great even though I've never smelled it on anyone else. I think this is a good perfume, unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BindiBengal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few perfumes that I hated on me and then grew to love. I went to Belk's one day to get Red Delicious, but it smelled worse on me that the last time I sampled it. It was very nasty with my body chemistry. I also sampled Delicious Night, which worked a lot better than Red but was still "meh". I tried Cashmere Mist for like the fifth time, wondering if my body chemistry changed, and I still didn't like it. I wandered around for a while until they all settled. Surprisingly, the more I smelled Cashmere Mist on my wrist the more I grew to love it. The other two left no impression on me whatsoever (except nasty and 'meh') but Cashmere Mist seemed to envelop me like a hug. Every time I smelled it I was comforted. It's strange, but that's the best way I can describe it. I've seen it referred to as a comfort scent before, and it certainly works that way with my chemistry. I finally broke down and bought a bottle. I think this scent will work for me no matter what season. The only drawback is that it is very easy to get tired of this scent, so I have to put it away for a while and then bring it back out. Another little interesting fact about this scent is that when I wear this layered with Black Cashmere, it smells just like my beloved albiet discontinued Chaos.

Notes used in Cashmere Mist are Moroccan jasmine, lily of valley, bergamot, sandalwood, amber and musk.

All in all, a lovely, classic fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I bought this fragrance during the holidays and I like it a lot, it is very soft and feminine and slightly vanilla-ish which I like. The bottle is classy and feminine, much like the fragrance. While it is a soft scent I would say it is more of a winter fragrance because of the woodsy notes. I think florals and citrus scents are more summer-ish, which this is not, but I do like this fragrance as it is sensual. While I do like this fragrance, I do not if I would buy it again as the bottle is still full and I have had it for 6 months. Maybe if it ever gets empty. Overall excellent perfume.