November 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

Oh dear. I wanted to like this, since it seems to be quite a favorite with many people. Unfortunately, to my nose this is like Eau de Bounce. I'm sure that if I rubbed a dryer sheet all over my body I would smell just like this at a fraction of the cost. I do get the powdery-ness of it and I can see where some would get the cashmere-y softness ... but poking through that comes a horrid knife of chemical evil--the Bounce factor. I adore woody scents (just lovely for autumn and winter) and I don't detect any of that here. On me, it's a scrubber.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful. The first thing that comes to my mind when I smell it is "this smells so clean and sensual". It isn't overpowering, but a simple and gently seductive scent...very feminine and not overly floral (I despise florals!). This would be a great day scent for me, especially for the fall. A great scent, not headachey and you don't have to douse yourself with it every hour. A definite rebuy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I have several samples of this but after the first whiff I find that this fragrance makes me physically nauseous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Yelena1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Heavenly! I adore this perfume. It's so sensual and vibrant and soft. I would describe it as a powdery sheer floral with a woodsy base. The bottle is lovely and is one to be displayed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bossanovaville

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have loved this perfume (specifically, the EDT) since it was released in 1994. At the time, I knew of nothing else like it. This scent is fresh, soft, warm, round and dry all in one fragrance. The white floral and suede top notes give this scent a fresh yet sensual opening, transitioning to its headier middle notes of ylang and jasmine. Not surprisingly, the base notes are the dominant feature here, giving this scent it's enveloping warmth. The blend of sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli, cedarwood and musk sound as though they might be overwhelming, but they actually are very soft and sheer. When I wear this, I literally feel as though I'm wearing the fragrance equivalent of a soft cream-colored cashmere sweater. I was in for a shock last month when I picked up the EDP, thinking it would be equally as comforting, if not more so, as the EDT. The EDP is actually more floral to my nose and became very sharp. The EDT, however, is dry and soft and it amazes me how the two could wear so differently on me. Also, I am not a patch lover. I personally find I can't wear it, as it grows a bit offensive with my chemistry. The patch here doesn't do that. Not sure if it's the level of concentration here or the quality. Couldn't say. All I know is this is a beautifully feminine and seductive scent. I especially love it in fall/winter. Good lasting power.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by CKindiana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried this several times because I love sandalwood but this just not work with my chemistry. On me it smells like cheap incense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tessture

As soon as it hits my skin, it smells a lot like Curve Crush. As it dries, it becomes more perfumy than I like. Nothing bad about it, just nothing I would want more of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bluezinnia

One of the very best fragrances I've tried in recent years. It is aptly named, as it is evocative of luxury and warmth, like a cashmere sweater. This one will probably become a classic, like Chanel No. 5.
Nothing harsh or chemical-smelling about this, unlike almost every popular fragrance at this time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the second time i've bought this. its my favourite perfume of all time. its something i've been wearing since i was 8 years old. (im 14 now) it just smells like a classic perfume from the 90s (probably cuz i wore this when i was really small so it brings back alot of memories from when i was living in chicago) i always choose my perfumes carefully (unless i buy them at the airport just for kicks cuz its cheaper or if it was a gift) i usually go for seductive, sexy and classy. this just hits the spot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

This review is for the Cashmere Mist body lotion. Several woods -
sandalwood, amber, cedarwood, patchouli - plus vanilla and some
powder on top, almost buttery at times.
The tiniest amount of lotion is highly scented and
gives good control on the amount of fragrance.