Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 10/28/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cashmere Mist is an elegant,and wearable fragrance, this is what id wear to the office because its not overpowering, it's very soft and powdery....if i worked in an office or somthing this is what i would wear to meetings. Although this fragrance is nothing special, this is a perfect scent to go to work in. i wouldnt re-purchase this one, but im glad i got it as a gift from my lovely grandmother=)

on 9/28/2008 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Iím on the fence with CASHMERE MIST.

Itís feminine, light & easy to wear; it can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out. This is a softly spoken floral scent that is quite soapy on first application. The base is a clean wood & musk blend.

The bottle is pretty, plus the staying power is very good. Also, the price is reasonable.

But, good points aside, there is nothing unique about CASHMERE MIST that would make me want to re-buy it. It would be a good choice for a gift, as itís not disagreeable & it is good for all ages.

Scent Notes: Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 9/26/2008 4:35:00 PM

Oh dear. I wanted to like this, since it seems to be quite a favorite with many people. Unfortunately, to my nose this is like Eau de Bounce. I'm sure that if I rubbed a dryer sheet all over my body I would smell just like this at a fraction of the cost. I do get the powdery-ness of it and I can see where some would get the cashmere-y softness ... but poking through that comes a horrid knife of chemical evil--the Bounce factor. I adore woody scents (just lovely for autumn and winter) and I don't detect any of that here. On me, it's a scrubber.

on 9/21/2008 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Beautiful. The first thing that comes to my mind when I smell it is "this smells so clean and sensual". It isn't overpowering, but a simple and gently seductive scent...very feminine and not overly floral (I despise florals!). This would be a great day scent for me, especially for the fall. A great scent, not headachey and you don't have to douse yourself with it every hour. A definite rebuy!

on 9/7/2008 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have several samples of this but after the first whiff I find that this fragrance makes me physically nauseous.

on 9/1/2008 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Heavenly! I adore this perfume. It's so sensual and vibrant and soft. I would describe it as a powdery sheer floral with a woodsy base. The bottle is lovely and is one to be displayed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have loved this perfume (specifically, the EDT) since it was released in 1994. At the time, I knew of nothing else like it. This scent is fresh, soft, warm, round and dry all in one fragrance. The white floral and suede top notes give this scent a fresh yet sensual opening, transitioning to its headier middle notes of ylang and jasmine. Not surprisingly, the base notes are the dominant feature here, giving this scent it's enveloping warmth. The blend of sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli, cedarwood and musk sound as though they might be overwhelming, but they actually are very soft and sheer. When I wear this, I literally feel as though I'm wearing the fragrance equivalent of a soft cream-colored cashmere sweater. I was in for a shock last month when I picked up the EDP, thinking it would be equally as comforting, if not more so, as the EDT. The EDP is actually more floral to my nose and became very sharp. The EDT, however, is dry and soft and it amazes me how the two could wear so differently on me. Also, I am not a patch lover. I personally find I can't wear it, as it grows a bit offensive with my chemistry. The patch here doesn't do that. Not sure if it's the level of concentration here or the quality. Couldn't say. All I know is this is a beautifully feminine and seductive scent. I especially love it in fall/winter. Good lasting power.

on 7/30/2008 4:29:00 PM

I've tried this several times because I love sandalwood but this just not work with my chemistry. On me it smells like cheap incense.

on 7/27/2008 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As soon as it hits my skin, it smells a lot like Curve Crush. As it dries, it becomes more perfumy than I like. Nothing bad about it, just nothing I would want more of.

on 7/26/2008 10:50:00 PM

One of the very best fragrances I've tried in recent years. It is aptly named, as it is evocative of luxury and warmth, like a cashmere sweater. This one will probably become a classic, like Chanel No. 5.
Nothing harsh or chemical-smelling about this, unlike almost every popular fragrance at this time.

Popular Fragrances