Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

on 3/28/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like the fragrance, but my rosacea doesn't. I got lots of red, angry blemishes within a few hours of using this conditioner, even though I was careful not to get it on my face. I think it absorbed thru my scalp and irritated my rosacea subdermally.

Luckily, it was a drying, frizz-creating disaster in my dry curls too so I didn't have to try to use it very, very carefully to avoid future rosacea flares. My hair actually felt like it was roughed up by this, and the frizz was out of this world.

My hairdresser said the formula was changed within the past year, so maybe that's why my results were so awful and others liked it. continued >>

on 3/26/2009 4:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

My favorite conditioner ever! I use even when I don't use the Hydrate Shampoo. It smells wonderful too!

on 3/22/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using the Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner for years now. It really helps my color stay true.....no fading. It also makes my hair feel so amazingly soft. (I also use Moroccan Oil too, but know it's Pureology that makes if feel good too because I have been using Pureology longer than the Moroccan Oil. ) All that said, I have now switched to L’Oréal EverPure Moisturing Shampoo and Conditioner - the Pureology cheaper version - based soley on price. :-( I like the smell of Pureology better though (EverPure smells funny to me, but still the results are good with the color, body and feel of hair). If the economy changes, I will repurchase this instead.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this conditioner. It has a little tingle factor and it leaves my hair so silky soft.

on 1/17/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is hands down the best conditioner I have ever used! I have tried everything in the world and this stuff makes my hair look fantastic. Nothing else compares. It is expensive but it is well worth the price.

on 1/11/2009 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this twice and both times it made my back break out really bad and I usually never get back breakouts. I bought it the first time as an alternative to Kerastase which I love but normally have to purchase online. By the second day my back was breaking out and didn't clear up until I stopped using this. Months later I was looking at conditioners at Target and couldn't remember 100% if this was the one that caused the breakout so I decided to try it again-BIG mistake! It happened all over again and I threw it in the garbage. I don't even remember if it did anything good for my hair.

I am essentially copying & pasting my review for the shampoo, with minor adjustments.

I never in a million years would have thought to try this product if it wasn't for my stylist. She dyed my hair, highlighted it, and lowlighted it with reds, blondes, and blacks, and recommended this shampoo & the corresponding conditioner to keep the colour. The dye job was so fantastic I splurged on the products.

I truly believe that this product allowed my colour to last longer as well (I followed all my stylists' recommendations though, including not washing for 2 days directly afterwards). This conditioner is creamy and hydrating, without weighing my super fine, flat hair down. I was (and still am) thoroughly impressed by it.

I do not continue to use this conditioner because my hair is now its natural colour. But if I ever get a dye job I'm absolutely thrilled with and want to preserve, I will definitely splurge on this product again. I am giving it 5 lippies because although it is expensive, that is the only down side to it. It does what it promises, goes a long way, and is even good for the environment!

on 12/27/2008 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like this as much as the shampoo. It doesn't seem too hydrating. However, my hair is easily detangled and fairly smooth after drying. My natural texture is frizzy and coarse. This has some type of mint, leaving my scalp gently tingling and fresh smelling. I will probably buy again, but am still looking for a more moisturizing conditioner.

on 12/12/2008 11:21:00 PM

If this was a site dedicated to eco-friendly products, I would give this 5 lippies easily...but since it's not, I will give it 3. This is a good conditioner, but I think it is overpriced. I keep buying it because Pureology makes the best eco-friendly hair products I've tried...and trust me, I've tried a lot of them. Still, I think they should lower the price a little. It's not all that much better than L'Oreal conditioners, which are pretty cheap (expect for the salon professional line, which is good too). Still, I use it because it is vegan and biodegradable, which is important to me. This conditoner is light, and has a refreshing minty fragrance that tingles your scalp, which I like. It moisturizes well, and doesn't weigh hair down. If you have over-processed or bleached hair, this probably won't be rich enough for you. It works pretty well on my color-treated hair, but I have to deep condition it at least once a week to keep my ends healthy. All in all, if you want a "green" product that actually works, this is probably your best bet.

on 11/29/2008 2:24:00 PM

This truly is an amazing product. It just so darn expensive! But with most things, you get what you pay for. I found that they do in fact sell a generic brand of this (just as amazing) and you can get it for a fraction of the price.