April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by shelby101

I started using this with the Super Straight shampoo under the recommendation of my stylist and so far I really love it! It moisturizes my scalp as well as my hair, doesn't leave my hair goopy or too dry. It makes it shine naturally like it hasn't in a long time. The first time I used it, I was skeptical, and my hair honestly felt a little rough when it dried, but I loved the smell. The next couple of times I used it I used less and I got better results. By the fifth time I used it, I noticed my hair was noticeably shinier even before I used the flat iron (which for me is a miracle! Shiny hair without using my flat iron?? wow). It's so fluffy and bouncy now, not dry and frizzy and disgusting. I wore my hair wavy and loved it for the first time in god knows how long today, probably back before I started using flat irons and did nothing to my hair and had no damage at all! and that is just wonderful for me! (my shoulder length hair is really damaged from having to use my flat iron every time I did my hair when I had a bob). I only use a tiny bit, I mix it with water, and then spread it through my hair and let it soak for 5-10 minutes in the shower. You don't need to use a whole lot of this. I can't wait to try it with heat to see what it does. I'll always be a Pureology fan!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by mooseymoo

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible! My hairdresser recommended this and I was so excited to try it. My hair is a little dry (I have medium length fine, thick, straight blonde hair). I have never used a conditioner so terrible. In the shower it went on like silk and felt wonderful when it was on my hair. As I was washing it out that silk feeling started washing away and my hair started to feel like straw. Absolute, dry and brittle straw! I have never had my hair feel like that before. It felt worse than a chemical treatment could ever make it feel. I do not understand how people actually like this. I actually had to rewash my hair and recondition with my usual (Aveda damage remedy shampoo and biolage ultra-hydrating conditioner). Why, why, why did I ever try this? I still have that straw-like feeling. I hope this did not damage my hair! I will be returning this conditioner tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by andreajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite conditioner. Yes it is pricey, but you don't have to use as much of it as traditional conditioners. Because of this, it's actually a wash. A bottle of this will last you at least twice as long, if not three times as long as a regular bottle of conditioner. So, in the end, you get superior conditioning for the same price. Personally, I love the smell, but I do see how it might be a smell that is prefered by a few. This conditioner keeps my hair beautiful and healthy, better than anything I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

as a stylist i have tried everything. i get breakouts of SD and this is one of the few shampoo and conditioner sets i can use that doesn't irritate it. my MIL was rec'd this by her hairstylist when her hair was super dry and damaged from color and she loves it as well. it is very expensive imo. even for me. and i get it from the supply house. but for me it's worth it because it doesn't irritate my SD. i am testing out the volumizing version just because i don't really need moisture and can always use volume. but if it doesn't work out i will be back to this.

(i wrote the same review for the shampoo since i love them both)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

Oh man, this stuff is AWESOME. I stinks though, and so does the PRICE.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by supabon2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Saved my blonde colored hair. Reversing damage and makes my hair shiny and very soft! LOVE!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by hera54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG conditioner. I had chemically relaxed my hair and it felt so harsh and dry, very damaged. I tried the hydrate conditioner and my hair felt hydrated, bouncy, and smooth. I also love the fact that this product was very concentrated, a little goes along way.

However, with frequent use I notice that I'm starting to get sticky build up and it just stopped giving me that great initial result. I have to use other things in between and alternate the conditioner.

Bottom line: product works well as stated, but causes build up and greasy/ heavy residue in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by prncessjasmine

yeah ladies this is expensive and it doesnt work on everyone. but i love love love it. it does have a minty smell which i personally love and its a good scalp stimulator. little goes a long way pureology shampoos and conditioners are very concentrated( very little water) I wouldnt recommend if you have really fine hair to use the purple hydrating line. use the pink(volumizing) line. but volumizers tend to dry because its putting sort of a film on your hair to amp it up. so alternate with a hydrating conditioner or a lightweight leave in. the product holds my color in, makes my hair smell fab, and it feels silky.........my hair is very naturally curly(which curly hair tends to be dry) and it is perfect for it. be sure to get a pump if you get the liter size because the conditioner is thick! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

Damn. It's true. Hair becomes soft, manageable, silky, shiny, bouncy, healthy-looking. How come I don't get these results when I use products that are supposedly good for you, i.e. no acohols, healthy oils, no silicones, etc? This product has 2 different kinds of alcohols, a bunch of silicones, along with healthy amino additives and botanicals. I just don't get it, but it works. Someone needs to come up with a copycat formula that sells for cheaper 'cause the original will break the bank for some.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Jayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having been a diehard fan of Paul Mitchell Modern Elixirs line this is the only other hair care brand that works for my hair and does just what the label reads.

Love the Hydrate shampoo & conditioner and use it on most days while switching between the Volumizing line or Paul Mitchells Color Treated product line. That minty fresh scent is to die for and so invigorating on those sluggish mornings.

It's spendy but as long as it works I don't mind paying for it.