September 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by shiva_didj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Light/Medium" -- I haven't used this as a bronzer yet, just a blush because i am still wary of making myself look darker. i like looking light. maybe i'll do it some day. anyway, love the color, looks very natural as a sun-kissed blush. It is the exact same color as the WNW "baked earth" blusher, except this bronzer is more sheer, or less pigmented or something, which is good, making it harder to mess up application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

WNW Bronzer in 742 Acapulco Glow: Got a $1 off coupon on the display at walgreens so I paid $1.99+tax. This color is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! It is a light tone - more of a highlighter than "bronzer". I use is on the higher part of my cheek. It is the perfect color to give me that healthy glow. Does not have too much shimmer (no glitter effect) is not to ashy on my olive skin. Would repurchase for sure and keep one in the car, one at home, one at work.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

My HG Bronzers! Cheap thrill!!! I am not buying MAC bronzers anymore (maybe)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2005 1:29:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite ALL the raving reviews, I just couldnít fathom how a $1.99 bronzer could really be all that great. But I decided to give it a go. Itís my first completely matte bronzer, which is great because I suppose the shimmer does have the tendency to look extremely artificial and cheesy when Iím being careless with the application. I bought this in Medium/Dark after reading the reviews and was skeptical about the color being a match for me since it seemed so dark in the pan. But as it turns out, this is one of the best drugstore finds ever, for this gal. Iíve used it principally for contouring and it applies fairly evenly, without streaking and just looks pretty darn natural Ė not noticeably orange at all. I must reiterate once again how much I love that itís sans glitter or shimmer. Truly mimics the contours of the face as well as a sun-kissed tan. The staying power is pretty darn good too. The only downside, as mentioned is the filmsy plastic packaging with the insufficient brush and mirror, but I didn't really expect more for the price. Of course I would re-buy this. Seriously for all you girls and boys sick and tired of trying to find the right high-end bronzer Ė try this one out! I still prefer my MAC Refined Golden, but this comes a close second.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mirah

I bought this due to MUA reviews- in the medium/dark shade. It is excellent- at making me look really orange. Maybe I am one of the few this does not work for- or perhaps I'd have better luck with the lighter shade - but YIKES this looked very bad on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have the Light/Medium shade (the DG was out of the Medium) and like it well enough. I don't use bronzer generally, but this was cheap and got good reviews on MUA and I figured it was worth a shot. I think this has a bit too much of a ruddy tone to be useful as a bronzer for me (LLL-MMM/AAB = yellow undertones). I'd need something that was more of a straight-up golden bronzer color. But it does work well as a very natural-looking blush. I love that it is matte (is anyone else getting a wee bit tired of all the shimmer they're putting into cosmetics these days?) but doesn't look heavy or cakey. Price is right at around 3 USD and the pan can be depotted (via the candle method) and popped into the metal pencil case I use as a 'catch-all' palette. Will keep my eyes peeled for the next-darkest shade.

ETA: Found a Medium/Dark finally and tried it out this weekend. Due to a stint in the UK and much exposure to the hideous "orange face" that some British girls seem to enjoy so much, I am mortally wary of bronzer in general. I am not super-fair, but definitely light enough that a too-dark bronzer will look very obvious and fake on me. Am happy to find one that works for me. I think the lack of pigmentation in this one (it is quite sheer) is helpful as it makes it rather hard to overapply. I use my new Lumene kabuki brush and fluff this on my cheekbones, brows, chin and nose to get a believable sun-warmed look that is subtle enough to look believable in the dead of winter. The lack of the ruddy tones in the Light/Medium helps in this regard--this is just a straight-up tanned skin color. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by chump1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzer yesterday and I LOVE it.. it's not shimmery or glittery.. it's MATTE.. i bought the light/med shade and it works fine on me.. it's also the cheapest bronzer i've ever bought.. under 3 bucks.. how good is that?? I will buy it again when i use it all up.. go and try one and if you don't like it, at least you dont have to feel guilty about spending 3 bucks :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Californication

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this bronzer, it blends well and it isn't glittery, unlike most bronzers I've tried. It's also cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2005 6:24:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

A GREAT, TERRIFIC, LONG LASTING NATURAL BRONZER!! IT IS MATTE SO YOU WILL NOT FIND A SPARKLE ANYWHERE!! IT HOLDS UP DURING THE DAY AND DELIVERS A HEALTHTY GLOW. I WAS A BIG FAN OF NAR'S WHICH I STILL LIKE, HOWEVER FOR THE PRICE THIS WINS HANDS DOWN. THE ONLY THING THIS DOESN'T DELIVER ON IS THE TACKY CHEAP WHITE PLASTIC CONTAINER IT COMES IN. IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT THAT IS PROBABLY WHY THEY CAN CHARGE SO LITTLE FOR THEIR PRODUCTS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SPENDING A FORTUNE FOR THE CONTAINERS ETC..... SO WHO CARES IF IT IS TACKY LOOKING IT SITS IN YOUR DRAWER ANYWAY. A WINNER OF A BRONZER/BLUSH IN MY OPINION.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by commercesd

Love this stuff, only wish it had a mirror so I could pack one in my bag to go. Oh well. I guess for the price, that's asking a lot! It's a nice formulation with a nice natural tone.