July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by IssyLM

I SO wanted to love this product but I was incredibly disappointed! I got it mail order and ERGHHHHHHHHH the smell!! I thought I'd love it, but really to me it smells awful. I used it once and it's been sitting in the bathroom ever since. An expensive mistake :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I can't even explain how wonderful this smells. It's divine. Even my boyfriend has admitted to using it on occasion because he loves the smell so much. I haven't tried using this as a shampoo (I have highlighted hair so I think it might be a bad idea) but as a body wash, it's fine. Not particularly moisturizing, but not drying either. The lather feels creamy and soft. I had a hard time spending $16 on body wash, but in the end it's totally worth it. Can't wait to try more Philosophy scents.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells like cinnamon candies melted in buttery maple syrup. I do not find this to be a rich cleanser like the bottle states. It is just ok as a cleanser. The scent is nice but not enough to get me to repurchase. Paraben free.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by saucymint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely scrumptious. Smells exactly like warm sticky cinnamon buns, and it lasts for months. This stuff makes showering so much more fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lctirwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have 7 (yikes!) Philosophy Body Washes and I love them all. This is one of my latest purchases. During these cold and bleak winter months, I bought Cinnamon Buns. Love it! There is something about lathering a wonderful smelling product all over your body during that morning shower that just makes me feel better. This has a great scent that I enjoy very much. Not doughy or clingy, just happy! Added bonus- I noticed the cap up after my husband was in the shower. Turns out he has been using it for shaving and all over washing. What a great product! When my son is blue, I put him in the bath with some Philosophy bubbles and he loves it. There are few products out there that the whole family can use, and this is one of them. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SPACEGIRL1000

Ok so after reading rave reviews I just had to try this! I even ordered 2 bottles of this stuff before even trying it because of the hype. Boy was I dissapointed! I liked the smell but it was so faint and so light that you could barely smell it. It also smelled like milk and sugar instead of cinniman buns which is still ok becuase it was a decent smell but I expected cinnimon not milk. I had even read previous reviews where other people complained of the same thing. I used it in the shower and once again the smell was barely there. I understand that you don't want it to be over-powering but I at least expected it to leave some smell on my skin and in the shower. It did not and like I said earlier you can't even smell it as you are using it. I also find that it's not as thick as the other philosophy 3in1's. I use candy cane which is so thick that a little goes a very long way. If you turn the bottle upside down it takes a while for the gel to pour out because it's so rich- cinnimon buns is NOT like this. It's more watery and I find that I need more of it to create a nice lather. It makes a great shampoo though! It has glycerin in it which is found in most conditioners therefore; I use it as a "2in1 shampoo plus conditioner". I flat iron my hair everyday (I have normal hair too) and this product is great to wash my hair with. It leaves my hair beautiful but again no smell! (and I like my shampoos to leave a smell). Even though it makes a good shampoo- I am sure you can find other shampoos that are better for a fraction of the price. I would not re-purchase because for $16 I expected a more richer, concentrated, stronger smelling product. For the price-this product does not deliver. I enjoy bbw cinniman buns much better because it's cheaper and much better quality (if you can find it because it's seasonal). The only way I would even bother with this product is if I got it as a gift or if it came in a set but to shell out $16 again- no way!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Double Rich Hot Chocolate and Amazing Grace 3-in-1's, but I was disappointed with this one. It smells sweet to me, but not really like cinnamon buns. That is not to say that I don't like it, it just doesn't live up to the name, and it's not special enough ( or cheap enough ) for me to purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 8:55:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A philosophy disappointment. I put this on my Christmas list after reading the raves here, on the Q board, and the reviews at Beauty.com. This shower gel does have a slightly sweet cinnamon fragrace, but it is completely overwhelmed by a yeasty/doughy note. I wanted sweet, sugary cinnamon rolls, not a doughy BREAD fragrance! It's actually somewhat unpleasant to use, imo. The gel itself has a nice, thick texture, and it's non-drying, which is a plus. Over-priced as are most philosophy products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ShelliM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this product, and all of its great qualities have already been described by other reviewers, so I thought I would address some of the negatives mentioned. First of all, I belileve it's a "feature" rather than a "bug" that the fragrance of this (and the other 3-in-1 Philosophy "food" products) only lasts as long as your shower/bath. I don't think I'd want to go around all day smelling like a cinnamon bun (or a candy cane, or a daquiri!), but I love the indulgent experience of having the smell envelop me for 20 minutes. As for the person who complained of getting a yeast infection -- gadzooks, woman! Save your privates for something simple and certainly fragrance-free, such as a non-soap cleanser like Cetaphil, or a bar soap such as Basis. Finally, yes, I absolutely agree that the price tag is a bit high for a daily shower gel, but I treat it as more of a "special occasion" product: something I indulge my luxuriant side in when I'm feeling like I need a treat, or on a weekend when I have extra time to lazy around in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by gchris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought it would have smelled more cinnamonny. Was disappointed. Their shower gels are great quality though, I just did not like this scent.