September 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Works well for lower lashes but is not a volumne mascara. I would not recommend it for anything but lower lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by glamshamx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the second mascara I ever bought! It was a clear upgrade from my Revlon mascara, which was goopy and disgusting, so I really liked this. In fact, I had gotten "two for the price of one" at walgreens!

It separates lashes nicely and is best for a natural look. However, I definitely won't repurchase. After trying Covergirl's Lash Blast, I feel this mascara is too toned down.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

did a greaat job of seperating my lashes no clumping at all but didnt lengthen or give volume :/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by iillylabrati

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is great if you have short sparse lashes because it will "discover" them. I like it for lower lashes because it finds them, doesn't make them TOO long and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jimsland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As many have already stated, this is great for the lower lash line on probably most. If you have fine lashes, that are average or longer, and a lot of them, this WILL work for you. But if you have thick lashes, or are looking for volume, put the mascara down and step away slowly. This is going to do NOTHING for you. My lashes are the former and I LOVE it. I use this or CG Lash Exact exclusively now, whatever is nearest. HG status.

This mascara separates, gives great definition and some good length. Nothing crazy, it just finishes my every day makeup. When I want a bit more drama, I double up on CG Lash Exact and use this on lower lashes (along with fabulous shadow and liner of course). Highly recommend on the right lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by brixham

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the small brush - that got it the one rating. I purchased this product twice (the second time was obviously by accident.) Tried it both times (just in case) and threw it away both times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great for lower lashes! Small brush lets you get every nook and cranny. No clumping! My only complaint is I wish they made it in brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE best mascara for lower lashes! The small, thin wand and mascara formula makes it perfect, and the price point is right on. I gave this a 4 because it does nothing for my upper lashes. I wipe the wand off then brush it on in a sidesweeping motion,towards my outer lashes, slightly wiggling as I go. It gives me a slighty smokey liner look. It never flakes or smudges on me.
Try this mascara in the technique Ive discribed and youll be happy you did!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As stated by a few. Very small brush is great for 'discovering' those small, short lashes that get forgotten with a regular brush. My lower lashes (as well as the inner corners on the top) are really short and when I try to use mascara on them, I get a huge glob (top) or smudge (bottom). The brush on this allows me to get to them w/o touching the surrounding skin.
As far as the formula. Normal. Doesnt flake. Doesn't come off easily w/ just water but comes off fine w/makeup remover.
Would buy again for the brush alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by etooz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you THE best mascara for your lower lashes. I do not use this for my upper lashes-- they are full enough that the tiny brush would do nothing. Well, no, that's a lie. When I am doing a suuuuper natural look, this is great. Most of the time though, I am looking for huge, amazing, black lashes that give me doe eyes. Anyway, lower lashes. Yes. The tiny brush is perfect for getting every last short, fine, sparse lower lash to round out my intense, curled upper lashes. The fact that it doesn't really add volume is a good thing-- I just want my lower lashes visible, not false-looking. This is a cheap, great addition to your makeup bag. After all, your eyelashes are one of the most important aspects of your look! I spend the most time on them. It was a huge improvement when I added this to my routine. If you purchase this, make sure you are getting it for the right reason.