April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE best mascara for lower lashes! The small, thin wand and mascara formula makes it perfect, and the price point is right on. I gave this a 4 because it does nothing for my upper lashes. I wipe the wand off then brush it on in a sidesweeping motion,towards my outer lashes, slightly wiggling as I go. It gives me a slighty smokey liner look. It never flakes or smudges on me.
Try this mascara in the technique Ive discribed and youll be happy you did!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As stated by a few. Very small brush is great for 'discovering' those small, short lashes that get forgotten with a regular brush. My lower lashes (as well as the inner corners on the top) are really short and when I try to use mascara on them, I get a huge glob (top) or smudge (bottom). The brush on this allows me to get to them w/o touching the surrounding skin.
As far as the formula. Normal. Doesnt flake. Doesn't come off easily w/ just water but comes off fine w/makeup remover.
Would buy again for the brush alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by etooz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you THE best mascara for your lower lashes. I do not use this for my upper lashes-- they are full enough that the tiny brush would do nothing. Well, no, that's a lie. When I am doing a suuuuper natural look, this is great. Most of the time though, I am looking for huge, amazing, black lashes that give me doe eyes. Anyway, lower lashes. Yes. The tiny brush is perfect for getting every last short, fine, sparse lower lash to round out my intense, curled upper lashes. The fact that it doesn't really add volume is a good thing-- I just want my lower lashes visible, not false-looking. This is a cheap, great addition to your makeup bag. After all, your eyelashes are one of the most important aspects of your look! I spend the most time on them. It was a huge improvement when I added this to my routine. If you purchase this, make sure you are getting it for the right reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by donna01010

One of the worst mascaras on the market. Adds absolutely nothing to the look of the lash. The brush is too small to hold any product therefore, no product gets on the lashes. Poor, Poor quality. A brush this small has to have a small bit of mascara on it. A small bit of mascara aint gonna do me a bit of good. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect mascara for bottom lashes and because it's so small it's perfect for getting those hard to reach areas. I like combining this with the Full and Soft Mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG. I have used all the high ends (Dior, Lancome, etc) and even though I do beleive certain items that are more expensive are better quality, mascara really isn't one of them considering it expires and goes bad pretty fast and basically lasts a few months, which doesn't justify the $20 and up price of department counters. LAsh Discovery is even better than my prior Mayballene favorite (the pink and green tiny bottle, can't remember the name at the moment lol). I love them both because they have small (perfect size) brushes that get to every lash and don't smudge your eye makeup, plus never clump and really add on rich color unlike all those fat tube big brush mascaras people rave about. The fatter the tube the fater air gets in when you pump the wand and it clumps and spoils within weeks. Lash Discovery's brush lengthens my already pretty long lashses even more and the small wand layers the color so amazingly. This is about the only lengthening macara I have ever tried that doesn't tint you lashes with a barely there color but lengthens and volumizes effortlessly. Try it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

It's not a super great mascara that made a whole lot of difference to my lashes. It's pretty ordinary but I gave it a low rating because it smudges all over my lid even with primer on. I don't like the racoon eyes look. I will stick with my volume exact by cover girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by taz1946

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

As my lashes thinned with age I gave up on mascara because it was always just a mess. Smears everywhere! Then I found MUA and decided to give this a try. TINY brush allows me to get all my lashes without too much product causing clumps and smears under my lower lashes. I also started Bimaproste (Latisse) and with my Ardell conditioner my lashes had actually grown quite a bit longer but with light tips & no curl, who could tell? Lash Discovery fixed that and now I can actually see long eyelashes all day and into the night! I find it no problem to remove with Almay non-oily eye makeup remover. This could be my HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by rocknride

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara for my bottom lashes and lashes in the corner. The small brush grabs all of them without clumping or flaking. My bottom lashes are pretty fine and short. The regular sized mascara brushes usually make a mess unless I'm very very careful. Sometimes there just isn't time for that. I can always count on Lash Discovery to make the task easy. I use the waterproof formula.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

Wow! I didn't think I would like this as much as I would. That tiny brush is awesome for getting length, no clumping, and catching every little lash. It doesn't flake and I use it alone or with Full N Soft. Lashes look extra flirty when you get all the little ones in the corners. Since you can usually BOGO on sale somewhere the price is excellent.

1/6/10 Update: I need to remove a lippy, just because this product runs sooo badly under my eyes despite the brush itself being awesome. That's a dealbreaker. None of my other mascaras smear like that.