Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 3/18/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i used this occasionally when i want a natural look. it separates your lashes and doesnt smudge. and yes the tiny brush really helps you reach to every lash. however if you want a dramatic look i wouldn't recommend you this because it does almost nothing for the length and volume.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

How cute is this tiny little brush?! I love it,but this product really needs some work done to it. It works really good for the bottom lashes and those nagging corner lashes that always fight with me.So far no clumps or smudges,but what needs to be worked on is the formula.It's somewhat drying and I really have to press the wand to the base of my lashes and wiggle the brush like crazy to get any of the mascara on my lashes.It's just "okay" at leangthening my lashes.I think Lash Stiletto did a better job for length

on 3/17/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this, especially the small wand. I think this is really good and buildable. I won't re-purchase just b/c tubing mascaras are the only ones that don't run or smudge on me, but if that's not a problem for you, I recommend it

My sister reckons this is the holy grail of all mascaras. I personally can't see the use in such a tiny brush. Sure it can "discover" all your lashes (especially on Asian eyes with sparse lashes), but I don't have 15 min spare time in the morning to stand in front of the bathroom mirror "discovering" lashes whilst I'm running late for work. Full n Soft does the job in 2 strokes.

on 2/23/2010 11:04:00 PM

Used it in the past and have found myself going back to it time and time again.
I'm one of those people who gets smudges everywhere when applying mascara, but with this little wand I'm smudge free! It separates every single upper and lower lash and makes them look nice and long. I only wish they made the waterproof version in brown too! If you're looking for lush, full lashes you might want something different, but if you're looking for separation and volume, give it a shot.

on 2/6/2010 6:50:00 PM

I was not very impressed by this mascara. Although it was able to reach the hard to reach ones near the inner corners of my eye, the mascara actually made them look very awkward and out of place. Then, for the entire day, my eyes were being irritated by my own lashes poking me. However, it did give those lashes good length. Also I wouldn't purchase this again because it kind of expensive for something that I would only use for my inner corners of my eyes.

on 2/1/2010 7:10:00 AM

I was lucky enough to receive this mascara from a Maybelline giveaway and I love it. I'm not sure it's still available in Australia, I haven't seen it anywhere in a long time, which is so disappointing.
The thing I love the most probably is the thin brush. It gets to every lash, which the brushes of my other mascaras don't do. Because of this, it's also fantastic for the bottom lashes, the chances of getting mascara under your eye (or on your eyelid/brow bone which happens to me sometimes with other mascaras) is minimal! It's fairly quick drying too.
The reviewer below me mentioned it isn't volumising, and I have to agree. But it lengthens and separates like you wouldn't believe! It also doesn't clump, which is a bonus.
I apply roughly two coats, and it just seems to enhance my lashes, they still look natural, and not like I've put a ton of mascara on them. I'd like to thank the brush/formula/whatever it is(!) separating the lashes for this.

on 1/24/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works well for lower lashes but is not a volumne mascara. I would not recommend it for anything but lower lashes.

on 1/22/2010 1:18:00 AM

This is the second mascara I ever bought! It was a clear upgrade from my Revlon mascara, which was goopy and disgusting, so I really liked this. In fact, I had gotten "two for the price of one" at walgreens!

It separates lashes nicely and is best for a natural look. However, I definitely won't repurchase. After trying Covergirl's Lash Blast, I feel this mascara is too toned down.

on 1/17/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

did a greaat job of seperating my lashes no clumping at all but didnt lengthen or give volume :/