Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sweet almond oil, aqua, beeswax, kaolin, stearic acid, parfum, grapefruit fruit extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, carrageenan extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, sodium borate, glucose, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, vegetable oil, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool.

on 10/20/2006 1:22:00 AM

My hands feel like hands again! GIRL HANDS! I am so excited! I work in a cafe and I volunteer in a kindergarten classroom, so between the million hand washings a day, the paint, the glue, the harsh dishwashing detergent, sanitizer, etc, my hands are generally so rough that they feel like sandpaper. . .the really, really coarse-grained kind. I literally couldn't put on a pair of stockings without snagging them, and I never liked to hold my guy's hand or touch his face because I thought he'd be turned off by my scary construction worker man hands. I got a little sample of this hand cream in the Burt's Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit, and I've used it every night and after every shower for several days. It's a bit greasy and I'm not a huge fan of the banana smell, but my hands are SO smooth and moisturized. I would recommend this cream to anyone who, like me, has simply come to accept that ravaged hands are unavoidable. . .they're not! Try it!

on 10/14/2006 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this hand cream. It's very rich, absorbs quickly, and smells amazing! I seriously want to eat this stuff. The only thing I don't like is the jar it comes in. When you get down to the bottom, it's very hard to get it out without getting the cream all under your fingernails. Other than that, I love it!

on 10/4/2006 9:25:00 PM

This product is meant to be used with cotton gloves overnight or at least for an hour. Try it!! You'll understand the "big deal". Works amazing for me after a long day at work (lots of paperwork etc)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I only use this cream in winter as then my hands seem to age 20 years within a matter of weeks. I only use at night as it is a rather heavy, even somwehat greasy product. The smell is okay. It is neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Most importantly, the creme really does help retain moisture and smooth out my winter-weary hands. A tiny bit goes a long way and I do like the little glass jar.

on 8/27/2006 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ilove Burts Bees. The banana smell is yummy and it was very moisturizing. Especially good for an overnight cream. Use only a little though because it goes a long way.

on 7/31/2006 3:29:00 PM

This hand cream makes my hands super soft. It is greasy and I agree that the smell goes sorta cooking oil-y after you rub it on, but it really keeps my hands in great condition and doesnt take that long to absorb into my dry ol mitts. It keeps them soft even through handwashings and you only need a little, so its ok that the jar is sort of small. I have super dry hands and it works great for me so it gets five lippies!

on 7/17/2006 7:38:00 PM

Smelled bad!! I really wanted to like it since I love bananas, but the smell was just off. If you can get over the smell, the lotion was nice, but I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This hand cream makes my hands really soft. I have these dry patches on the backs of my hands, and this has done nothing to relieve them. It's also extremely greasy and takes forever to absorb. Even though I like the scent, I probably won't be buying again.

on 6/2/2006 2:40:00 AM

This hand creme is very greasy when you first put it on. It also takes awhile to absorb into your skin. But once it has absorbed, I find that it's very moisturising. It's good for maybe right after a manicure or something but not for putting on everyday.

on 5/29/2006 11:50:00 PM

Extremely greasy, and within a few minutes of applying - the Laffy Taffy banana type scent turns into a scent that I can only describe as smelling like motor oil. I could even put up with the greasiness if the smell wouldn't turn so foul after applying. I would definitely not ever repurchase this.