September 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG!! I JUST tried this and I just HAD to write a review on it! I've been using tons of product on my hair this past summer, and my hair has been looking really dull, lifeless, etc. recently, and I saw the raves for this cleanser, so I decided to go to my salon and purchase a bottle. I raced home and used it, followed by my Dumb Blonde Reconstructor and my All Soft Heavy Cream, and my hair has never been bouncier! It's like a giant weight has been lifted off each hair strand, and I am extremely pleased with this product. The price was reasonable, considering I'll only be using it every 2 weeks. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.
HG <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mandyja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so amazed by this shampoo. I have had so much build up on my scalp for months which led to a ton of flakes which I thought was dandruff. After using many dandruff shampoos with no success I lost hope. I thought something was wrong with my scalp . I tried this because my stylist suggested it. I had so much build up which resulted in an oily, flaky scalp and was even shedding a ton of hair.

After one use of Redken cleansing cream-my hair felt so bouncy, fresh and clean because it removed a lot of the buildup My hair did not feel stripped or dry it felt very soft but not greasy. I had no idea that there was so much weighing my hair down and it has been years since my hair felt so..normal! It was crying out to get rid of the "gunk".

This shampoo uses fruit acids and has a someone fruit-y citrus smell.

I would definitely buy this again. A little goes a long way.

Good luck!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another winner from MUA and Redken!

I use this shampoo once a week to clarify and I have to say, it's fantastic for my fine, color-treated hair. It's safe on my color and leaves it extremely shiny, bouncy and hydrated - it almost feels like I have a new head of baby hair.

Ulta has some great sales, about two weeks ago, the liter was on sale for $9.99, last week it was up to $13.99 - but a liter will last forever if you only use it once a week.

A steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream (like many other if not all Redken Shampoos) does NOT contain SLS/Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I think some reviewers get SLS/SLES mixed up. Redken Hair Cleansing Cream has Sodium Laureth Sulfate which has a totally different chemical structure than SLS and is a gentle yet effective detergent. And I would consider this shampoo being gentle yet effective. I have dry, sensitized, slightly damaged coloured hair and although I don't use a lot of hair styling products or other hair products containing silicones I still feel my hair is in need of some clarifying once a month to remove any build-up. Most clarifying shampoos are either drying, irritating and/or not colour-safe. Not Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I use it once, maybe twice a month if doing a protein treatment. I follow with either Redken All Soft Conditioner or Kerastase Masqintense for Fine Hair. Clean smell, huge bottle, fair price. A staple!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to shampoo for clarifying. I love the fact that it's a cream too. Even though this is a deep cleaning shampoo, I find it is not too harsh on hair. I have highlighted/lowlighted (lol) colored hair and I swear when I use this it makes my color look more vibrant and refreshed. I used this about 1x week for about 6 months and I am just now emptying the small sized bottle, so a little lasts a long time. I about shoulder length, lots of hair, fine in texture. This shampoo also foams very nicely too. The only negative thing about it is the smell, which most people like. It smells exactly like those disgusting orange slice candies my grandma used to try and give me as a kid, yuck. But other than that this is a fabulous product that I am about to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

I was so in love with this product. The price was great.
I personally love the colors on the packaging, and loved the way it worked on my hair.
After discovering the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate high up on the ingredients list, I have been using it only twice a month, and as soon as it runs out, I don't plan to buy again. SLS is not good at all, and I avoid it at all costs.
Was going to try Aveda's detoxifier, but the ingredients in that natural line is less than stellar as well and it has been discontinued, so I will try Weleda's Chestnut Shampoo next as I hear that is great organic clarifying option. Hope it works out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by clearady

Really, really love this. First time I used it I didn't see anything significant, as I used a real little bit then immediately deep conditioned afterward (it's a ten hair mask). I saw more results of the mask than of the shampoo that time. Then, tried it out two weeks later, with my favorite regular organic conditioner (Healing Seed) and oh the body! Put an ample amount to lather my whole head, left it on for ten minutes (while my face mask was drying), and rinsed. The next day my hair was so voluptuous and sexy. I didn't have to spray it, style it. Throw it in a pony, let it down, and bam, just gorgeous. You need to get this. This over Neutrogena's by the longest shot. Pleasant scent, decent price, and lasts forever. Second product by Redken I love (next to All Soft Conditioner).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by papillonfr

I was looking for a clarifying shampoo and used this for the first time today. I have to say, this product is amazing! I have thick coarse and frizzy hair, but after using this, and my usual deep conditioner, my hair never felt so clean and soft. I cant stop running my fingers through it! Although it is quite expensive, it's worth it if you use alot of styling products on a daily basis like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by allicat626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is the best shampoo ever! This is the only shampoo that gets rid of the styling product buildup and doesn't dry my hair out. I can't find any other product like it. It smells good too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was recommended to me by my stylist. I love the scent (clean and slightly citrusy) and this leaves my hair clean and silky and shiny. I use it about 2 times a week. I would definitely recommend it!