October 31, 2014 | 844 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so pleased with this product. Not only does it take off all my face makeup (I use olive oil for my eye makeup) but the essential oils in it really soothe my skin so it's glowing by the time I'm done with it. Any redness is also soothed.

To use this I spill a little less than a dime size of product on my facial brush. It's not clarisonic, but it's the $7 manual equivalent and I couldn't be happier with it. I just use circular motions for about a minute or two on my entire face and rinse off. No residue. My skin feels exfoliated and clean. My face can feel a little dry and tight after, but I just use a toner and a moisturizer and it feels great.

The selling point for me was after using a sample, when I swiped my face with a toner, the cotton ball would look clean. Before this cleanser, I was only using face wipes. When I swiped a toner over my face, I realized the wipes were still leaving behind a lot of dirt and makeup. Sometimes I'll use a face wipe before using this soap if I have extra makeup on - works like a charm.

Also to note - this is not for removing eye makeup. The warning specifically says to avoid the eye area. I would recommend olive oil for that. Super cheap. Nourishes your eye lashes. Moisturizes your skin. Great for elongating your eyelashes and for softening any eye wrinkles.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by candiedprozac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because it was recommended to me by an associate and it was the last of this that they had in the store. It’s a one-step facial cleanser.
Purchased at Sephora
I paid $12 for the bottle during the Black Friday sale

Packaging: I love the bottle this came in, I mean its just a standard bottle but I love the text on it, and the fact that its just a really clean solid design. Also this purity, smells AMAZING! I don’t even know how to describe the smell.

Performance: OMG I am in love with this cleanser. I started using it in the morning when I wake up and then again before I go to bed, and in the week or so I’ve been using it my skin has gotten softer and clearer. I’ve been sick off and on with the most stupid viral infection and it’s been making me break out and Purity took care of it right away.
It also removes makeup so easily, I only use 3 smallish drops on my fingertips for my whole face when I wash it, and this was enough to remove a full face of makeup no problem. Didn’t get rid of my mascara as easily but that’s in part because I am very hesitant to rub product in around my eyes.

Buy again?
Absolutely I will be buying another bottle once this one eventually runs out. Hopefully I can find it on sale because it’s normally around $40CAD for the size I got. ^.^

Overall: 10/10 love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I picked this up at sephora for Black Friday at $12 and I'm so glad I did! Before this I was using an "old faithful", neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser and it was doing an okay job but my pores were still an issue. After only 4 days of using this, my pores are almost nonexistent! I remove my makeup with a cleansing cloth first so I can't really say how well it removes makeup. I have oily acne prone skin and so far this cleanser is doing wonders. It doesn't leave my skin too dry and it's kept my acne at bay. I only use it at night but I may try using it in the morning as well. It definitely has a chemical smell to it and I'm sure not all the ingredients are natural but it's doing a wonderful job on my sensitive skin and I've yet to have any bad reaction to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

LOVE! It feels amazing going on and smells wonderful. It's very gentle on my skin and removes my makeup easily. Other than the price of it, one of my favorites(and I've tried everything).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Anything but "pure" - please see Paula Begoun's analysis of this product! It confirmed my suspicions; full of irritating ingredients. I broke out around the sides of my nose where my skin is most sensitive. Argh! And the smell smells so strong it almost stings my nostrils. I should have known better. Am sticking with my ultra gentle cleanser...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by WendyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I'm out of town, and I forgot to pack makeup remover. I did notice, however, that I had a tiny sample packet of Philosophy Purity in my travel bag, and I used it to wash my face instead of the regular cleanser I'd been using. After I had washed my face, I found some makeup remover in a friend's bag, and tested to see if there was any residue. The cotton square was clean! My skin felt great (maybe a little tingly, I have sensitive skin), but not enough to be painful and certainly not enough to cause me not to buy this again. I don't think it will replace my normal regimen (Target Makeup Removing Cloths and Simple cleanser) because it's too expensive, but I think a small bottle to keep in my travel bag will be purchased very soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Purity is awesome. My skin feels great after I wash my face with this. Never tight.. my skin feels so soft, refreshed and supple after using Purity. I can even use it on my eye area to take off eye makeup but it's not effective in taking off eyeliner and mascara (Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe baby wash is alot more effective in getting eye mu off).

I also love the way it smells. Clean & comforting.

However it is expensive and I can get good facial washes for under $5-- Olay Foaming Sensitive skin facial wash, J&J Head to Toe that work just as well.

But I would buy again because the smallest bottle of Purity is lasting a long time for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by MargieBeth

I love this cleanser. I have been using harsh acne cleansers since I was 13. I am now 24 and have realized that maybe my face was over compensating for the lack of moisture it received. I love this cleanser for my combination skin. Purity takes both my face makeup and my eye make up off. This cleanser also leaves my skin feeling clean without the tight dry feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Jekennedy

I was so excited when I got this. I took it home and washed my face for the night only to find that not only did it not taken eye makeup off, it slightly stung my eyes. I could deal with that if it was great on my skin. However, that was not the case either. My face just felt sensitive and was very red. I kept using it for a few days and it only got worse, resulting in me wearing more foundation. It didn't break me out with pimples, just irritation. I'm sure my sensitive skin just reacted to some of the essential oils. I use it to clean my brushes instead, because it was not a good fit for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sw33twasabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product makes me break out for the first time. I have never been break out all my life and this is the first time. I used it for about 2 weeks and I have a lot of pimples on my forehead and cheeks. I was so terrified. I knew I only changed my face wash because i finished kiehls facewash. I didn't change any other skin products. I am sure this facewash made me breakout. This product doesn't work at all for me. I am scared to touch it again.